Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey 1luv,

I would take a 'US' day...treat both you and him to pedicures. It may be a nice experience for both of you.

I know I intend to do that with Ken...AS SOON AS HE REACHES...cause I LOVE my Boo, ...but his feet are JACKED-UP!!!! :lol::lol:

Blessed,

Gill

Hey Deyoungting

I want to do that but $$ is a factor right now.

U guys gotta teach me how to be romantic I am slackin in that dept.

OK, then give him a home pedicure...he'll love it!! I did it for Ken and he lost his mind!! Soak his feet in tub basin or hell take a nice bath together. Then put water in a basin, have him soak his feet and use some of the dry skin softener you find in a nail/beauty store and the heel scrubber/scrapper (invest in a good one) and get to work...then put some African Shea Butter...REAL AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER (it's a thick yellow paste). A all natural herb shop should have if not, an African populated negihborhood grocer.

After you smear the shea butter on wrap his feet in cling wrap and put socks over it. If he can sleep in the socks over night...you should see a difference the next day...if not keep repeating at least once a week.

Good luck,

Gill

I agree with Gill's recmmendation. Make it a labor of love. I like the Real African Shea Butter and recommend it.

Henry has really beautiful feet - better than mine. LOL I think because he always wore socks and shoes or sneakers..hardly in flip flops (me nah like nuttin wah ah guh between me toes! :wacko: ). He won't get a pedicure even though I tell him men come in there and get both pedis and manis, but he lets me give him some shea butter foot rubs at bedtime after showering and it does keep his feet really nice.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill - Loved the chuckles thanks for sharing.

VJ Family - Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I would like to reiterate Gill's feelings...I am thankful for my VJ family. Though I have great family members and friends, having you all for support helped me considerably through this process. I am thankful for you all!!! :wub:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
pilgrims.gif Hello my lovely Yardie Family pilgrims.gif

Wishing you all a fantastic Thanksgiving. There are so many things to be thankful for and I am so blessed to be able to spend tomorrow with my family. Like others have said, I am so thankful for each and everyone of you and the impact you have had on my life. I value the friendships and the fellowship I have had over the last year. It has truly been a blessing. May God bless you all.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

thankspoem.jpg

Much Love,
Jamie turkeydance.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Welcome to Part 5 of the Yardie thread! :dance:

Link to Part 4:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&start=0

Thanks Jamie.......you're the best :thumbs:

Ditto!!!

Hey Jax - how are you?

Great! Thanks how are u? It is hubbies first thanksgiving in the states. We will see if he likes the turkey. He says he hates turkey so I am wondering if he will eat it. What are u up to this Thanksgiving?

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hi everyone...I just wanted to drop in and check on the Yardie Fam!!

PS. How hard was it to get the name on your SS card changed? I'm dreading the whole "change your name on every document thing! " :blink:

Hey girl! Glad to hear you're doing good. It's not hard to change your name - just time consuming. You don't realize just how many things have to be changed. I started with the major ones first - drivers license, SS card, passport, bank accounts, credit cards, etc... Then moved on to the less important things - insurance, video club membership, library card, utility bills, ..... Just take your time. You'll get 'em all eventually!

It was easy to change the SS card. You can file out the form online and send it in. I didn't want to send in the form with my marriage certificate so I drove to the the SS office and did it myself. I suggest going very early so you dont have to wait in a big line. We showed up a 1/2 hour early and were the first in line. The line started to form before the doors opened. I haven't changed everything yet. Like Rhonda said take your time it will get done.

Enjoy...HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!!!

Thanks for all the chuckles Gill :thumbs: How many of you crazy ladies are actually going shopping on Friday??

Shop on black Friday I am not that crazy. I would rather decorate the house for Christmas :whistle: .

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Visa Approved: Where is it?

Last week, I made the VJ members aware of the good news. On Tuesday, November 13th, we were approved for a K-3 visa. On Monday, November 19th, I flew back to Jamaica to get my man. As of this afternoon, Kevin's visa had not been printed. :crying: I e-mailed the Embassy. Of course, I did not receive a response. The Embassy is closed tomorrow. I have to return to the States on Friday. Please pray that it arrives on Friday, November 23rd.

Filed: Timeline
Visa Approved: Where is it?

Last week, I made the VJ members aware of the good news. On Tuesday, November 13th, we were approved for a K-3 visa. On Monday, November 19th, I flew back to Jamaica to get my man. As of this afternoon, Kevin's visa had not been printed. :crying: I e-mailed the Embassy. Of course, I did not receive a response. The Embassy is closed tomorrow. I have to return to the States on Friday. Please pray that it arrives on Friday, November 23rd.

You certainly have my prayers! :thumbs:

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

It will be Marlon's first Thanksgiving too and considering he is not a big fan of American cuisine... :blink:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Welcome to Part 5 of the Yardie thread! :dance:

Link to Part 4:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&start=0

Thanks Jamie.......you're the best :thumbs:

Ditto!!!

Hey Jax - how are you?

Great! Thanks how are u? It is hubbies first thanksgiving in the states. We will see if he likes the turkey. He says he hates turkey so I am wondering if he will eat it. What are u up to this Thanksgiving?

I'm happy you are feeling better (F) Damien will eat ground turkey and turkey burgers but not regular turkey for some reason.

Enjoy your first Thanksgiving together. It's extra special to us because Damien came to US 3 years ago on Thanksgiving night. We're leaving for NY in the middle of the night. My first trip to NY :dance: .

HAPPY THANKSGIVING VJ FAMILY.

Timeline

You ladies need to try a deep fried turkey! I know it sounds weird or greasy. But its not! And sooooooomuch better than regular turkey. I don't care for turkey either but the deep fried one....when seasoned correctly is laced with juices and spices all throughout. It is like nothing I have ever had. makes you want to get up in the middle of the night, sneak in the kitchen and have a midnight snack.

I am a Black Friday shopper. Its really not that bad when you go at the right time....Either early or late. You just have to know what you want. Don't go expecting to lollie-gag around the store. Get in and out. Go straight for what you want. Black Friday is really only good for appliances, electronics and maybe some expensive type clothing. The little stores will end up having better sales later.

Also Macys should be skipped on BF cause their best sale is ALWAYS the weekend after BF. I worked at Macys and I know how to work the sales and promotions there. Their door busters cannot be beat.

Can you tell I have my running shoes on?......Mama wants a new plasma!!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Night all;

:help::help: I know I have seen it here before on the Yardie thread but I can't find the info despite my continued search.

What fees (monies) are required to be paid in Ja before the interview?

Medical $80-95

Police Record $2000

What else is gonna be needed in terms of monies to be paid?

Please help me with this so I can know how much to send for this prep. Thanks a bunch.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Well, hello all. Its been awhile! You all have been seriously chatty, been meaning to catch up and I think I give up! :wacko:

Its bout time to be lifting conditions here, in another month, time goes so fast. Woke up yesterday morning to SNOW! Its cold, and for those of you with pets, you wont believe this, but my Mom wont let me keep my chickens outside when it gets too cold. It dipped to 16 yesterday and she told me we better get those babies IN. lol Then they proceeded to jump out of their box after about 3 hours, they got stir crazy, and wandered thru the house, lookin for trouble. I ordered some chicken diapers, believe it or not! Yep, I AM crazy.

Lake is still working at the school, and STILL trying to pass his GED. Poor guy, he has taken so many tests, I think about 9 now, and his average is 438, 12 points short!!! This last test got him up to 440. Its the time thingie that kills him, he never quite finishes. He KNOWS the material, just doesnt finish in time. I am so frustrated, he even asked if he could get a time extension and they wont let him have one. I think as long as you know the stuff, it should be enuff, geez already. Well anyhow, thats the news in our world!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

You ladies need to try a deep fried turkey! I know it sounds weird or greasy. But its not! And sooooooomuch better than regular turkey. I don't care for turkey either but the deep fried one....when seasoned correctly is laced with juices and spices all throughout. It is like nothing I have ever had. makes you want to get up in the middle of the night, sneak in the kitchen and have a midnight snack.

I am a Black Friday shopper. Its really not that bad when you go at the right time....Either early or late. You just have to know what you want. Don't go expecting to lollie-gag around the store. Get in and out. Go straight for what you want. Black Friday is really only good for appliances, electronics and maybe some expensive type clothing. The little stores will end up having better sales later.

Also Macys should be skipped on BF cause their best sale is ALWAYS the weekend after BF. I worked at Macys and I know how to work the sales and promotions there. Their door busters cannot be beat.

Can you tell I have my running shoes on?......Mama wants a new plasma!!

What time do you think I should start lining up for Circuit City?

My husband refuses to wait there with me, but he's agreed to drop me off lol...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All;

Good morning and this glorious Thanksgiving day. I am currently at work but am very greatful to the almighty that he has blessed me with the strength and the opportunity to have a job to go to. My family is making dinner and all co-workers brought in Thanksgiving food to feast at work.

I am thankful for health and strength and daily food and that he has helped me be able to provide for my family as a single parent. I also want to thank him for bringing Mike into my life. Hopefully we will be spending the next and every other Thanksgiving together. :blush::blush:

What are you guys/gals thankful for?

I hope you all have a wonderful day and that your time with family be rewarding. For those waiting for their SO, just give thanks that they are in your lives. :dancing::dancing:

Luv Claire (L)(L)(F)(F)

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.