Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:jest: yup!!!! i think i am doing good when i only have to 2 times....but there are some nights where i should just sleep in the bathroom..... :lol:

Thanks for the congrats.

Oh isn't that the truth. I live in the bathroom. If I can wait more than 2 hours to enter the bathroom its a good day. Yes just wait till you are pregnant it suxs so much.

You ain't never lied I'm always in the bathroom already...haha.

I keep hearing about people paying "duty" on these packages they send. My husband has never had to pay duty. What makes you have to pay and not? I admit the shipping on this last sucker was ridiculous, but it was worth it, cause I won't see his family for awhile and its Christmas so I did a little extra. :luv:

I think it's over a certain amount and what the package contains...and sometimes how u ship it..if u ship like fedex I think :blink:

I have used Fed Ex and global express priority and both times had to pay. One time I sent a item that cost 6 dollars and he still ended up paying 12 dollars for it. What do you use that you don't have to pay?

We send gifts down sometimes in October with friends who study at my former alumni and when the school goes down in January and June now. We sent his mom a Christmas present in November.

Oh I see. Well I use good ole USPS! :thumbs: And the boxes are huge and heavy at times, he has never had to pay for them. I get insurance on them too from USPS. I ship standard or priority airmail. It takes a minute to get there but no duty! I don't know if that makes a difference that its USPS and not Fed Ex and such. But I get stuff shipped to me from all over the world through standard mail and never pay a duty either. I've had stuff come from Australia, China, and Britan. So maybe you should try that way.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
**********MONDAY CHUCKLE**********

GOOD MAWNIN' FAM,

:dance: CONGRATS TONYA :dance: ...great way to start off the week!!

Mistress Kimmy, yuh paper & studies done yet? :huh:

I hope everyone had a nice, although quick weekend!

Just think Ya'll next week is Christmas!

Wow :o ...I hope everyone is on Santa's nice list ;):lol: !

Have a good day and a bless-ed week!

(L), Gill

********************************************************************************

GI Insurance

Jamaican airman Jones was assigned to the induction center, where he advised new recruits about

their government benefits, especially their GI insurance.

It wasn't long before Captain Smith noticed that this Jamaican airman was having a staggeringly high success-rate,

selling insurance to nearly 100% of the recruits he advised. Rather than ask about this, the Captain stood inthe back of the room and listened to Jones' sales pitch.

The Jamaican airman explained the basics of GI Insurance to the new recruits, and then said, "If yu have GI Insurance and go into battle and get killed, the government gwine pay $200,000 to yu family, but, If yu doan have GI insurance, and yu go into battle and get killed, the government only gwine pay a maximum of $6000."

"So," with a smile displaying his pearly whites concluded, "who yuh tink dem gwine send inna bakkle furst?"

I must've been a bad bad girl, cause Santa don't want to even cash my check that he's been holding for 2 months now!!! I am just wanting a stinkin NOA1 so I can log onto the website! :crying:

Timeline
I keep hearing about people paying "duty" on these packages they send. My husband has never had to pay duty. What makes you have to pay and not? I admit the shipping on this last sucker was ridiculous, but it was worth it, cause I won't see his family for awhile and its Christmas so I did a little extra. :luv:

Hey Marlita!

I saw the thread you started in the CR1 section and how much attention it got. Just letting you know I fully support your idea. I'm actually gonna be basing my timeline off of yours. I'm still praying for your NOA girl.

I send packages to JA all the time to my SO. I use a service called Mailpac. The service only costs $35 per year. How it works is once you sign up (or ur hubby can sign up for it)...they give you a US address (in miami). So you send ur package from your location to the miami address. Mailpac ships all the packages out once/wk from Miami and it goes to Kingston. Your SO can then collect it from Kingston or have it mailed to wherever he is on the island.

The best thing about Mailpac is that you don't have to pay outrageous duties on the packages. They ask you what is inside and how much it is worth but you're the one that seals it so just tell them whatever lol.

I got a good laptop from Best Buy for $400 that my SO had sent me the money for. I mailed it to him through Mailpac and told them that the box had some old clothing in it that was only worth US$50. My SO only had to pay US$15 to collect it plus the Mailpac fees so it came up to about US$25. :dance:

I do business in Jamaica and am always sending things down. I've tried FedEx, UPS, AND DHL and they charge crazy prices for the duties and taxes and other fees. But Mailpac is the way to go :thumbs:

Here's the link

Mailpac - Jamaica

Oh, and if anyone knows of a good service to get things from JA to the US, please link me :help:

It seems that the package goes to alot of different places before it gets to your SO's hand. Does it take a long time to ship with Mailpac? I also write whatever on the outside of the package listing. I never say "exactly" whats in it. For christmas I listed it as old family ornaments.

Oh and that thread I started was RIDICULOUS! It got all outta control for me using the word "hault". I even took it back and apologized cause that's not what I was actually wanting to happen but that one AOS poster ran with it and then the thread was highjacked and know one actually got the real point of what I was saying. LOL! Thats the one thing I hate about forums, people really don't listen and can't actually understand your main motive just from text. I gave up on the thread and came back days later and saw all the drama and the closing. Anyway....I still think its unfair that I have no NOA1 and that others who have come in behind me do.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Let me start by saying HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to JA TAM, hope today will be all you want it to be and more. Enjoy yourself and nuff Blessings. (L)

I'll be off to the embassy in another hour, really hope this interview will be short and spicy. :yes:

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

Let me start by saying HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to JA TAM, hope today will be all you want it to be and more. Enjoy yourself and nuff Blessings. (L)

I'll be off to the embassy in another hour, really hope this interview will be short and spicy.

:yes:

Best of luck to you girl!!!

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********TUESDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning All,

:thumbs:FIRST AND FOREMOST...GOOD LUCK SHARON & OMAR (KINGSTONJAMAICA)... :thumbs:sending you nothing but POSITIVE VIBES!!! :thumbs:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JA TAM...Wishing you and Aaron MANY MANY MANY more years of happiness together and a FRUITFUL 2008!!! :luv:

Bless-ed love to all,

Gill

P.S.- Hope everyone has a great day and hopefully all Christmas shopping is done or whining down at this point :blink: (I know mine ain't :lol: )

********************************************************************************

Gizzadas For Her Husband

An elderly Jamaican man lay dying in his bed. While suffering the agonies of impending death, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite Jamaican pastry, 'Gizzada' wafting up the stairs. He gathered his remaining strength, and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort, gripping the railing with both hands, he crawled downstairs. With labored breath, he leaned against the doorframe, gazing into the kitchen.

Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven, for there, spread out upon waxed paper on the kitchen table were literally dozens of Gizzadas.

Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of heroic love from his devoted wife of sixty years, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man? Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself towards the table, landing on his knees in a rumpled posture. His parched lips parted, the wondrous taste of the Gizzada was already in his mouth, seemingly bringing him back to life.

The aged and withered hand trembled on its way to a Gizzada at the edge of the table, when it was suddenly smacked with a 'dutch-pot' by his wife......

'Move yu back-side!" she said, "Dem ya a fe you nine-nite."

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my computer is giving me trouble. does anyone know if it is ok to hand write the forms for the aos package? i'm ready to throw this thing out the window..

I hand wrote ours.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I'll be off to the embassy in another hour, really hope this interview will be short and spicy.

:yes:

Best of luck to you girl!!!

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Ditto!!!

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Sharon and Gill...Aaron and I are home celebrating with each other today :wub: . I am so happy to finally have him here with me. Last night I graduated (I'll share the pics later) and then woke up this morning to tell my hubby "Happy Anniversary" :wub::wub: and it wasn't over the phone :jest::jest: . Thank you Jesus!!!

Sharon & Omar, I am praying that you will be successful on your interview today. I know that you will have lots of blessings today and pure good vibes to you :dance::dance:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Mailpac - Jamaica

Oh, and if anyone knows of a good service to get things from JA to the US, please link me :help:

It seems that the package goes to alot of different places before it gets to your SO's hand. Does it take a long time to ship with Mailpac? I also write whatever on the outside of the package listing. I never say "exactly" whats in it. For christmas I listed it as old family ornaments.

Oh and that thread I started was RIDICULOUS! It got all outta control for me using the word "hault". I even took it back and apologized cause that's not what I was actually wanting to happen but that one AOS poster ran with it and then the thread was highjacked and know one actually got the real point of what I was saying. LOL! Thats the one thing I hate about forums, people really don't listen and can't actually understand your main motive just from text. I gave up on the thread and came back days later and saw all the drama and the closing. Anyway....I still think its unfair that I have no NOA1 and that others who have come in behind me do.

Yeah it goes to two locations before he gets it in his own hands. You said UPS has no duties?! I need to look into that.

I was surprised that they had closed the thread. And yeah, thats what I hate about forums too - when people misinterpret what they see written. Its a shame. I hope you get that NOA soon though so you can feel a little at ease. I just don't understand why CR1s are being pushed aside like that. It kinda makes me want to go the K1 route :wacko:

Thanks Sharon and Gill...Aaron and I are home celebrating with each other today :wub: . I am so happy to finally have him here with me. Last night I graduated (I'll share the pics later) and then woke up this morning to tell my hubby "Happy Anniversary" :wub::wub: and it wasn't over the phone :jest::jest: . Thank you Jesus!!!

Sharon & Omar, I am praying that you will be successful on your interview today. I know that you will have lots of blessings today and pure good vibes to you :dance::dance:

Congrats girl! Graduation + anniversary and Christmas coming next week. You've truly been blessed. Have fun today :D

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Timeline

hey Tammy girl...big big congrats to you...many many more to come !!! (L)(L)(F) LITS !!..Laugh Is too Short :luv:

Sharon, good luck to yah..knock 'em out !!

Mailpac - Jamaica

Yeah it goes to two locations before he gets it in his own hands. You said UPS has no duties?! I need to look into that.

I was surprised that they had closed the thread. And yeah, thats what I hate about forums too - when people misinterpret what they see written. Its a shame. I hope you get that NOA soon though so you can feel a little at ease. I just don't understand why CR1s are being pushed aside like that. It kinda makes me want to go the K1 route :wacko:

Congrats girl! Graduation + anniversary and Christmas coming next week. You've truly been blessed. Have fun today :D

not UPS...USPS---the post office

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Thank you Marie and Kimmy. Lawd...what an uproar Marlita's thread started. She raised some valid points, issues that I even had in my mind as well, but God's willing the NOA1's are on the way and NOA2 is not far behind. The worst part is putting all your things together and sending them off, not knowing where the documents are. You just want to know that everything reach its destination and not in whoi-whoi...

On to Jawi's thread, mi hav nuff fi read so mi can ketch up :lol::lol: The ketching up look like a Christmas week task :D

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
not UPS...USPS---the post office

Oops I read it wrong lol. I think I'll give it a test run and see. I'm always hesitant when it comes to the post office but it doesn't hurt to try :unsure:

Does anyone listen Dear Pastor? Last night's topic was too funny

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Timeline
Does anyone listen Dear Pastor? Last night's topic was too funny

I always plan to listen and forget. I will have to listen in the days to come. What was the topic?

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.