Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning All,

I just scheduled Andrew's medical at Dr. Banbury........The lady did not mention bringing the medical history form......I am going to be prepared and have it take it anyway......All they could do is make him fill it out a second time......All she mentioned bringing is.......Passport, 3 Passport Photos, Immunization Card, Interview Letter and lastly but most importantly $$$$$$........ :whistle::whistle: .......Medical $5800 JA and Shots could be as much as $9000 JA.......So I am figuring on about $300 smackers......

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Mawin Tonya,

Glad things are moving along for you. Where is Dr. Banbury Mobay or Kingston? For some reason that name if very familiar to me.

He is in Kingston - Medical Associates Plaza

Tonya i doubt u will pay all that money..u'll be fine..and yes u will need the medical history form

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Well I voiced my fustration with my husband and this house he started building on a hill in the country, I was all for it unitl I realized he didn't have the papers for the land. He keeps saying do see all the people building no body has papers ray, tey tey,It's gov ment land for poor people :blink: I stopped fighting him on it cause he started asking bout why didn't I want him to forfill his dreams and how dis would benifit me as well. He sent 1000$ down to get some sort of blue print...now they won't pass the home with out a drawing of the actual land...so the lady seh jus let the mon mek em food :angry: I'm like WTH??? thinking you betta not lose our hard earned money on this house. I just rolled ova know how hard he works...I know he wouldn't throw money out the window. I jus see this hous being built and they come tek it away :angry::unsure: den wah?

this is that 12 year thing that JaEnglish was talking about right, if your not there, how do u prove that you were there for the 12 years. did u see the land. not for nuttin but mi can't deal wid dat hill mr jengles have him house pon, mi always need help to climb that

bwoy mi no know why di rass everybody waany dem house pon some rass hill no likkle hill yuh know..tings u affi do some real climbing

HOW U MEAN Kimmy....u know seh dem wah VIEWWWWWW and some a dem tink it mek dem house look biggah (don't laugh)...I still don't understand that one. My cousin built a beautiful house in Coral Gardens, but mi RASS di amount a bbclaat steps u afi walk up to get to the front door...hell no. She does have a beautiful view of the north coast...you can even see the airport. It's breath taking, but she always a complain bout di steps.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Brown u need fi be worried..they can and they may not take it back..but why not be sure about what ur going thru ? oonuh no need fi dash weh money so not in these day and time

Jengs mi feel u pon wah u a seh a no u send him dung dere...BUT if he was here you could possibly be saving some money..I think he has learned his lesson and would love to come home. Agree with JG until u start looking for work and/or have a job doesn't have to be a great deal of money but something to show me that u can participate then why is should you put strain on the finances we are working with right now..BUT u need him here so aj HAVE SALE NOW U CAN GET A CHEAP TICKET EVEN IF A FI BUY A ROUND TRIP :)

Gilli yuh list look good..mek sure yuh have di BC dem..and yuh pics..they looked at nothing but our wedding album.>FASS

Shauna...I CAN SING PRAISES TO GOD !! since yesterday I HAVE BEEN FINE EVERYTHING AFTER 1PM STAYED DOWN NO FEELING THIS MORNING..SAW THE DOC YESTERDAY ALL IS WELL....

on a more sad note I just founf out yesterday one of my friend had a miscarriage she was about 2wks behind..she was fine no sickness she could eat anything..she was trying to get pregnant and this is horrible for her..and i makes me feel kinda funny

Gill,

As God is my witness, if you weren't going to be in Jamaica next week i would pay your full fare to go to California with me to sit before a board of medical students to do a presentation. I love your FIERCE'NESS. But on the real, Ken should have gotten his license from long time. I don't know about him, but some Jamaican men are too laxed at times. Marcel been driving since he was 16, but I told him I'm not getting into a car with him in Jamaica if he doesn't have his license. So, when I went back in November, he had it. Because I told him, if he showed up at the airport with a car and no license I'm not getting in and I will jump into a taxi or call someone to come pick me up. I don't know about NY, but in MD you have to go through an entire 2 FRIGGIN weeks of driving school (in-class). Plus take a 3-hour drug class, then the road test. :angry: So, Gill you one ago afi drive all di way go a town? Cho man...mi dah afi bax im inna im head. :angry:

Yuh see HIT!!! I've been driving on this side of the road for almost 20 years...that' my real fear! The road from Bay to Ochi isn't bad...I can do that! I wanted to guh to mi fadda country hand DAT road nuh easy ATALL!!! Dem ave some big rahtid mountain and Lawd mi nuh waan fi kill wi hoff before wi reach!! :lol::lol:

So he has his learners and is gonna drive DAT part! Dyam foolishness! It's a dyam good ting mi love em rass!! :luv:

Bless,

Gill

:lol::lol: oonuh deserve each odda look how di 2 a oonuh look rass mass a hop skip and jump... :lol:(L)

kimmy so glad to hear everything is staying down!!! great news!!!

sorry to hear about your friend...i know what you mean about feeling kinda funny...the same thing happend to my friend she was about 3 weeks behind me and i found out she had a misscarriage...and felt kinda funny about talking to her about being pregant....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I get the whole its OUR money idea. However, when the man is not working and putting more strain on the finances then is to be expected, it's time to put your foot down and say you need to get your butt back here, get a job, and start helping out. And, the biggest......STOP all these stupid money making schemes.

I always say either buck up or shut up. I don't want to hear a bunch of excuses and schemes at any time. I want to hear your solutions to the issue(s) and how you are going to go about making it happen.

Sadly, you are going to have to buck up and pay him to get back here or none of nothing is going to happen.

Well I voiced my fustration with my husband and this house he started building on a hill in the country, I was all for it unitl I realized he didn't have the papers for the land. He keeps saying do see all the people building no body has papers ray, tey tey,It's gov ment land for poor people :blink: I stopped fighting him on it cause he started asking bout why didn't I want him to forfill his dreams and how dis would benifit me as well. He sent 1000$ down to get some sort of blue print...now they won't pass the home with out a drawing of the actual land...so the lady seh jus let the mon mek em food :angry: I'm like WTH??? thinking you betta not lose our hard earned money on this house. I just rolled ova know how hard he works...I know he wouldn't throw money out the window. I jus see this hous being built and they come tek it away :angry::unsure: den wah?

Browning,

I'm sure he knows how things run in Jamaica and there is a possibility that the land can me taken from him along with the house. How is going to build on something with no DEED...so many Jamaicans do that. Bout dem a CAPTURE land. That's how FLANKERS came about and look at it. If it's a desired area and the government wants it back, then what is he going to do? I know they do have government property out there, but they provide papers to the people. A few of my friends have gone through programs like that. mek im gwaan a learn the hard way. It took my cousin 3 years and over $4000/US in legal fees to get papers for her dad's land that was rightfully hers in the first place. This happens all the time in Trelawny. I don't know about elsewhere, but people CAPTURE land (we had it happen) to property my dad had and it took us years to get the man off. He built 3 houses on land and claimed he had papers that were fraudulent. The man never paid the property taxes. He just cleared property we had in Hanover and started building his houses. So, my dad tried to be nice and say pay me such and such and he REFUSED, so who don't hear it will feel it.

I'd just say be careful with that. There have been stories in the JA papers lately of the government wanting "THEIR" land and fighting the people.....basically kicking them off the land, regardless of the time and energy they put into their houses and property.

He keeps talking bout all the work he's already put in :wacko: . Next time he mentions it..I'm walking away meking big sucking noises. :angry:

wait i didn't know the gov't could/would take the land back???? wait deh mi have bad feeling now, let me call mr jengles, because last year he claim he was cutting a driveway but I knew he didn't own the land where the driveway was so was wondering how he could do that?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Other Timeline
Brown u need fi be worried..they can and they may not take it back..but why not be sure about what ur going thru ? oonuh no need fi dash weh money so not in these day and time

I'll give you our numba so you can tell him. :wacko::unsure: From now on mi nah seh nuttin, not even bring it back up again. Next time he mentions he about sending funds down there, I'm mekin up every bill excuse I think of. Because one thing I luv about him, He'll only send if we have extra. He tek cara home first. and we both have to agree on what ever it is, I just tend not to put of much of a fight after all it is 1/2 his money. I jus need to think of sumting to do with his half ;)

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

this is that 12 year thing that JaEnglish was talking about right, if your not there, how do u prove that you were there for the 12 years. did u see the land. not for nuttin but mi can't deal wid dat hill mr jengles have him house pon, mi always need help to climb that

bwoy mi no know why di rass everybody waany dem house pon some rass hill no likkle hill yuh know..tings u affi do some real climbing

HOW U MEAN Kimmy....u know seh dem wah VIEWWWWWW and some a dem tink it mek dem house look biggah (don't laugh)...I still don't understand that one. My cousin built a beautiful house in Coral Gardens, but mi RASS di amount a bbclaat steps u afi walk up to get to the front door...hell no. She does have a beautiful view of the north coast...you can even see the airport. It's breath taking, but she always a complain bout di steps.

and u should see dem a run up and down the hill like goat.

Timeline

I'll give you our numba so you can tell him. :wacko::unsure: From now on mi nah seh nuttin, not even bring it back up again. Next time he mentions he about sending funds down there, I'm mekin up every bill excuse I think of. Because one thing I luv about him, He'll only send if we have extra. He tek cara home first. and we both have to agree on what ever it is, I just tend not to put of much of a fight after all it is 1/2 his money. I jus need to think of sumting to do with his half ;)

Ok so why don't u suggest to him so see about getting the deed from now or at least start the process.

Timeline

good girl :thumbs:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

I get the whole its OUR money idea. However, when the man is not working and putting more strain on the finances then is to be expected, it's time to put your foot down and say you need to get your butt back here, get a job, and start helping out. And, the biggest......STOP all these stupid money making schemes.

I always say either buck up or shut up. I don't want to hear a bunch of excuses and schemes at any time. I want to hear your solutions to the issue(s) and how you are going to go about making it happen.

Sadly, you are going to have to buck up and pay him to get back here or none of nothing is going to happen.

Browning,

I'm sure he knows how things run in Jamaica and there is a possibility that the land can me taken from him along with the house. How is going to build on something with no DEED...so many Jamaicans do that. Bout dem a CAPTURE land. That's how FLANKERS came about and look at it. If it's a desired area and the government wants it back, then what is he going to do? I know they do have government property out there, but they provide papers to the people. A few of my friends have gone through programs like that. mek im gwaan a learn the hard way. It took my cousin 3 years and over $4000/US in legal fees to get papers for her dad's land that was rightfully hers in the first place. This happens all the time in Trelawny. I don't know about elsewhere, but people CAPTURE land (we had it happen) to property my dad had and it took us years to get the man off. He built 3 houses on land and claimed he had papers that were fraudulent. The man never paid the property taxes. He just cleared property we had in Hanover and started building his houses. So, my dad tried to be nice and say pay me such and such and he REFUSED, so who don't hear it will feel it.

I'd just say be careful with that. There have been stories in the JA papers lately of the government wanting "THEIR" land and fighting the people.....basically kicking them off the land, regardless of the time and energy they put into their houses and property.

He keeps talking bout all the work he's already put in :wacko: . Next time he mentions it..I'm walking away meking big sucking noises. :angry:

wait i didn't know the gov't could/would take the land back???? wait deh mi have bad feeling now, let me call mr jengles, because last year he claim he was cutting a driveway but I knew he didn't own the land where the driveway was so was wondering how he could do that?

Lawd Jengs, how lang u up yah! Dem can tek di land and if you have a house build, they'll PUSH it down. That's what happening to a lot of properties that were CAPTURED in Ocho, where alot of the newer hotels are standing now. It's about to happen again in Trelawny as the building up the NORTH COAST...bettah you pay fi land weh come wid papers

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
yes Jengs if a neva fi yuh fi begin wid..dat mean no tax not paying so dem a lose..drive way miner ting dat still

*sigh* mr jengles built a concrete house on capture land. Lord help me!!!

Timeline

and u should see dem a run up and down the hill like goat.

i can imagine but wah mek di hill dem affi so steep u cyaan sekkle fi 1/2 di view ? :lol:

Timeline

Browning,

mr jengles house is in Ochi, but more in not on the water. like 5 mins from Main street

Lawd Jengs, how lang u up yah! Dem can tek di land and if you have a house build, they'll PUSH it down. That's what happening to a lot of properties that were CAPTURED in Ocho, where alot of the newer hotels are standing now. It's about to happen again in Trelawny as the building up the NORTH COAST...bettah you pay fi land weh come wid papers

his house is 5 mins from Main street in Ochi

Edited by Jengles

yes Jengs if a neva fi yuh fi begin wid..dat mean no tax not paying so dem a lose..drive way miner ting dat still

EXACTLY...and sometimes these people that build these resorts are paying the GOVERNMENT a lot of money for the property. My dad told me when you leave the airport and go to the left towards Rosehall (nothing) was on the left side but houses. People had houses all over the place, but when they started to build up the area all those people had to leave. A lot of them are in the area where my fiance lives now. That was DONKEY years ago. The people them that live in Lilliput lucked out. The government helped some of them to build new houses.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Timeline
Shauna...I CAN SING PRAISES TO GOD !! since yesterday I HAVE BEEN FINE EVERYTHING AFTER 1PM STAYED DOWN NO FEELING THIS MORNING..SAW THE DOC YESTERDAY ALL IS WELL....

Ditto gald to know your feeling betta...sorry to hear about your friend, now it's like you feel bad mentioning anything about your pregnancy.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.