Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I did an updated one for our interview, re-used much of the same information and proof, just added more up to date proof.

Thanks JG,

That was my thought too....do another one this month and just bring all the 2007 stuff with me to the interview.

Should we bring the pictures, copies of flight info, boarding passes etc. from my November and February Trips too? I'm thinking it won't hurt since I only had 2 trips under my belt back when we filed and now I've been down 4 times - total? :blink:

I would think that since I'm there in person I could just use my passport to "prove" I've been back there anyways, Right? LOL

i would take anything you can think of....plane tickets, passport, reciepts for anything while in JA, pictures, and you being their is the biggest proof of all....also remember to take your birth certificate they will ask to see it...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I did an updated one for our interview, re-used much of the same information and proof, just added more up to date proof.

Thanks JG,

That was my thought too....do another one this month and just bring all the 2007 stuff with me to the interview.

Should we bring the pictures, copies of flight info, boarding passes etc. from my November and February Trips too? I'm thinking it won't hurt since I only had 2 trips under my belt back when we filed and now I've been down 4 times - total? :blink:

I would think that since I'm there in person I could just use my passport to "prove" I've been back there anyways, Right? LOL

i would take anything you can think of....plane tickets, passport, reciepts for anything while in JA, pictures, and you being their is the biggest proof of all....also remember to take your birth certificate they will ask to see it...

Hey Shauna..... :)

So they need my Birth Certificate Too? I can bring it with no problem but I thought they already had it cause it was in the K-1 packet......Should I bring a copy of the K-1 packet I submitted Too?

:wacko:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

Thanks JG,

So they need my Birth Certificate Too? I can bring it with no problem but I thought they already had it cause it was in the K-1 packet......Should I bring a copy of the K-1 packet I submitted Too?

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline

Thanks JG,

What I did was make 2 copies of everything I ever sent in, he had to rustle up, color copies of 2 pictures to a page, all phone bills, plane tickets, passport pages, receipts, letters, cards...everything up until the interview....I took them to the UPS store and had them bind them in what ended up being a 3" binding with thick covers. It cost me something like $11.00. One binder Andre had and one I kept at home. He took his with him to the embassy when he went. I did that in case any questions ever arose that he would need to refresh his memory. I'm glad I did cause one of his questions was how many times I visited him and when was the last time. He had that information readily available to show.

When we married and filed AOS, I had that stuff put in the binder. It is full now. I plan on having LOC and naturalization also put into a binder so if any questions ever arise I can follow what we did.

So, yes, if I were you, I would bring everything that you haven't already sent in with you to the interview. It is better to overwhelm them with information then to not have it if you need it. Just make sure you have it organized enough to whip it out if necessary.

Thanks JG,

Andre had a copy of my birth certificate. They didn't end up asking to see it.

Thanks JG,

Like I said with my binder statement, I would, if I were you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Thanks JG,

just like kelly said have everything organized better to overwhelm them with papers then not have enough things...they did ask to see my birth certificate...had the original as well as a copy i think they kept the copy and looked at the original and handed it back....

Timeline

Hey, Classy.....

I see you on here. You all right?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks JG,

just like kelly said have everything organized better to overwhelm them with papers then not have enough things...they did ask to see my birth certificate...had the original as well as a copy i think they kept the copy and looked at the original and handed it back....

They never checked my birth C. I had a big binder filled with everything. Everything was in order. They didnt look at anything because the officer knew I could prove the case. It looks good to look organized and they won't probably ask you a lot of questions then. Oh and anything you want private so the whole room won't hear you pick up the phone. All the best you will do great because your a member of VJ :)!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks JG,

They never checked my birth C. I had a big binder filled with everything. Everything was in order. They didnt look at anything because the officer knew I could prove the case. It looks good to look organized and they won't probably ask you a lot of questions then. Oh and anything you want private so the whole room won't hear you pick up the phone. All the best you will do great because your a member of VJ :) !!

True. I was armed with a binder packed with stuff they didn't even look at as well. Jus be prepared jus in case.

I think I hurt my thigh in exercise class. My lower right side is numb.

Edited by brownnskinn

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Hey, Classy.....

I see you on here. You all right?

I'm great. Just trying to catch up. Ya'll chat alot while I'm at work :P I wish I could participate during the day. Work has finally slowed down so hopefully life will get back to normal. And can this SNOW please, please go away. We are supposed to get 4 inches tonight :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Timeline

Thanks JG,

What I did was make 2 copies of everything I ever sent in, he had to rustle up, color copies of 2 pictures to a page, all phone bills, plane tickets, passport pages, receipts, letters, cards...everything up until the interview....I took them to the UPS store and had them bind them in what ended up being a 3" binding with thick covers. It cost me something like $11.00. One binder Andre had and one I kept at home. He took his with him to the embassy when he went. I did that in case any questions ever arose that he would need to refresh his memory. I'm glad I did cause one of his questions was how many times I visited him and when was the last time. He had that information readily available to show.

When we married and filed AOS, I had that stuff put in the binder. It is full now. I plan on having LOC and naturalization also put into a binder so if any questions ever arise I can follow what we did.

So, yes, if I were you, I would bring everything that you haven't already sent in with you to the interview. It is better to overwhelm them with information then to not have it if you need it. Just make sure you have it organized enough to whip it out if necessary.

Thanks JG,

Andre had a copy of my birth certificate. They didn't end up asking to see it.

Thanks JG,

Like I said with my binder statement, I would, if I were you.

Thanks Ladies!

I have two copies of the entire K-1 from submission plus I've been "adding" in all the other stuff I collect from my 2 most recent trips. I have doubles of all the correspondence I got from VSC & NVC too plus I made sure I printed out the emails I got back and forth from the embassy, so i'll take the initial packet down with me just in case. I have 2 photo albums with all 4 trips worth of photos in them so i guess I'll lug those down too! :lol:

I appreciate all your help.....You know I'm overprepared but like to obsess over details, Right? :lol:

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline
Hey there everyone,

I know it's been quite awhile....and thank you to those that have PM'd me to touch base, I truly apologize that I haven't responded.

Life, just has been ....crazy....as always. Five months of the thread was just way to much catching up on .. I'm sure there are loads of congratulations, sorrows and challenges.....never ever ever know which way our lives are going to go, especially in this craziness of the VISA journey.

First and foremost....Craig FINALLY moved out !!! It is a TOTAL blessing and was LONG overdue, but he HAS to stand on his own 2 feet "as a man" and be responsible, learn how to pay bills, work hard, etc etc etc. He has changed so incredibly much, I just can't deal anymore!!! TRUST ME I've compromised and those that know me, I have been VERY veeeeeery patient, but.............just could not live with him for one more day. We had a major issue come up in the beginning of Feb and I gave him an ultimatum ....get out or I will be nasty about getting you out !!!! I still think when he moved that "I" was going to give in, yeah right ....like that was ever going to happen !!!

So don't know where we are going to go from here......if anywhere. "I" am TOTALLY fine and so is my son!! better than ever. My son has made honor roll 2 quarters in a row and was "student of the month" last month. The weight of Craig's BS ####### has been lifted off of my (well, both of our) shoulders. No more bickering and fighting....is such a relief !!!

Well, it took forever...since last summer when we filed for AOS and after just sitting there in California since Nov with no touches or anything, I contacted the Senators office and then got an email this past Friday that his GC is on its way. He doesn't know and I'm not going to share that with him...yet.

My business has been extremely busy, which is a blessing as well.

We're in full swing with soccer and the start of this years season is just around the corner. Our coach likes to have 3 tournaments before the start of the season and they just had their 1st tournament in Virginia over the weekend.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. If anyone needs to reach me, please email me instead of PMing..... because I don't get to come on here ... my email is up and running all of the time.

a-and-k-travel@verizon.net

OH and I finally (I know a travel agent and being in the travel industry for the past 17 1/2 yrs... I should have had one, but I never really needed to) but ....I got our (me and my sons) passports (in 8 days) and those arrived last week. I would really like to go to Jamaica for my birthday weekend....May 18th.... but we'll see.... I haven't been anywhere fun and exciting for almost 2 flippin years !!!

Take care everyone !

Love,

Kelly

Kelly so great to hear from you!!! I am glad everything is working out finally!

Timeline

Thanks JG,

They never checked my birth C. I had a big binder filled with everything. Everything was in order. They didnt look at anything because the officer knew I could prove the case. It looks good to look organized and they won't probably ask you a lot of questions then. Oh and anything you want private so the whole room won't hear you pick up the phone. All the best you will do great because your a member of VJ :) !!

True. I was armed with a binder packed with stuff they didn't even look at as well. Jus be prepared jus in case.

I hope ur O.k.....Maybe u pulled something?

Hope u feel better ;) I just got off the treadmill and I feel like i'm going to die after shoveling snow all last week.....

Do u think I can get Dave to Shovel snow later this year when he's never even seen it before? :blink::lol:

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline
Hey there everyone,

I know it's been quite awhile....and thank you to those that have PM'd me to touch base, I truly apologize that I haven't responded.

Life, just has been ....crazy....as always. Five months of the thread was just way to much catching up on .. I'm sure there are loads of congratulations, sorrows and challenges.....never ever ever know which way our lives are going to go, especially in this craziness of the VISA journey.

First and foremost....Craig FINALLY moved out !!! It is a TOTAL blessing and was LONG overdue, but he HAS to stand on his own 2 feet "as a man" and be responsible, learn how to pay bills, work hard, etc etc etc. He has changed so incredibly much, I just can't deal anymore!!! TRUST ME I've compromised and those that know me, I have been VERY veeeeeery patient, but.............just could not live with him for one more day. We had a major issue come up in the beginning of Feb and I gave him an ultimatum ....get out or I will be nasty about getting you out !!!! I still think when he moved that "I" was going to give in, yeah right ....like that was ever going to happen !!!

So don't know where we are going to go from here......if anywhere. "I" am TOTALLY fine and so is my son!! better than ever. My son has made honor roll 2 quarters in a row and was "student of the month" last month. The weight of Craig's BS ####### has been lifted off of my (well, both of our) shoulders. No more bickering and fighting....is such a relief !!!

Well, it took forever...since last summer when we filed for AOS and after just sitting there in California since Nov with no touches or anything, I contacted the Senators office and then got an email this past Friday that his GC is on its way. He doesn't know and I'm not going to share that with him...yet.

My business has been extremely busy, which is a blessing as well.

We're in full swing with soccer and the start of this years season is just around the corner. Our coach likes to have 3 tournaments before the start of the season and they just had their 1st tournament in Virginia over the weekend.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. If anyone needs to reach me, please email me instead of PMing..... because I don't get to come on here ... my email is up and running all of the time.

a-and-k-travel@verizon.net

OH and I finally (I know a travel agent and being in the travel industry for the past 17 1/2 yrs... I should have had one, but I never really needed to) but ....I got our (me and my sons) passports (in 8 days) and those arrived last week. I would really like to go to Jamaica for my birthday weekend....May 18th.... but we'll see.... I haven't been anywhere fun and exciting for almost 2 flippin years !!!

Take care everyone !

Love,

Kelly

Kelly so great to hear from you!!! I am glad everything is working out finally!

DITTO! :thumbs:

I'm glad to hear ur O.k.....I was wondering where you've been? :)

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks JG,

I hope ur O.k.....Maybe u pulled something?

Hope u feel better ;) I just got off the treadmill and I feel like i'm going to die after shoveling snow all last week.....

Do u think I can get Dave to Shovel snow later this year when he's never even seen it before? :blink::lol:

I'm sure he will. It will be exciting for him...well at least the first winter.

Dee - I hope your leg feels better. I haven't worked out in a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.