Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That is a sad truth sometimes, Tre.

Yeah JG --

That was me back in 2003...9 months of morning sickness, highrisk pregnancy, 39 doctors appt, I lost count of the amont of sonograms I had...passing out at work. You name it, that was me. But I manage and I got through it. My son came 4 weeks early, because my body was under so much stress physically and mentally. Believe it or not, I tried to drive myself to the hospital when I strated to bleed and that's when my ex decided to step in. He refused to shake the doctors hand when the doctors came into the room...saying (YOU KNOW WHERE HIS HANDS HAVE BEEN)...arrghhhhhhhh WHAT THE HELL was I thinking.

Lawny,

Isn't all this so crazy..then men we think we love do the darnest things to us..how many of those visits he came with you :angry: den waan run round di place bout him have son...cho

i remember mike went to 1 appt w/ me...and ya he fell alseep....i was so upset and embarresed by him...then all the other appts. he was "to tired" to get up and go....

Wow Shauna I am sorry to hear that. I wonder why guys aren't supportive of going to doctors appointments. Are they scared of doctors???

My hubby has not attended one appointment but it is due to his school schedule. I am hoping she will come early and not on his finals.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Yeah JG --

That was me back in 2003...9 months of morning sickness, highrisk pregnancy, 39 doctors appt, I lost count of the amont of sonograms I had...passing out at work. You name it, that was me. But I manage and I got through it. My son came 4 weeks early, because my body was under so much stress physically and mentally. Believe it or not, I tried to drive myself to the hospital when I strated to bleed and that's when my ex decided to step in. He refused to shake the doctors hand when the doctors came into the room...saying (YOU KNOW WHERE HIS HANDS HAVE BEEN)...arrghhhhhhhh WHAT THE HELL was I thinking.

Lawny,

Isn't all this so crazy..then men we think we love do the darnest things to us..how many of those visits he came with you :angry: den waan run round di place bout him have son...cho

i remember mike went to 1 appt w/ me...and ya he fell alseep....i was so upset and embarresed by him...then all the other appts. he was "to tired" to get up and go....

That's too bad. Do you have other surpport?

My story was similiar. My daugther's father and I broke up when I found out I was pregnant. He went to the doctor with me but acted like he didn't care because he moved on. I had my daugher when I was 26 weeks pregnant due to stress. She was due in October but came July 13th...weighing 1.8 pounds She stayed in the hospital until September. It was so hard taking care of her and hard dealing with his crazy butt.

Oh wow I didn't know that stress could do all that during pregnancy.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Yeah JG --

Lawny,

My story was similiar. My daugther's father and I broke up when I found out I was pregnant. He went to the doctor with me but acted like he didn't care because he moved on. I had my daugher when I was 26 weeks pregnant due to stress. She was due in October but came July 13th...weighing 1.8 pounds She stayed in the hospital until September. It was so hard taking care of her and hard dealing with his crazy butt.

Yes, STRESS is very bad for pregnancy and it's worse when you're already highrisk.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Timeline
????

How long did it take for your children to adjust to your SO's once they came here?

mr jengles and jay had no problems in J.A. and even once mr jengles first came everything was cool. then around a month after he came, he started saying really mean things to him like. this isn't your house go back to j.a. and i couldnt for the life of me, figure out what was going on. then i said to mr jengles i bet you it's his daddy. my son's father is a barber and i would bring him and leave him at the barbershop. sure enough, one day when i wasn't home, he said something to mr jengles and when he asked him who told u that, he said my daddy. of course his father denied it. talk about pissed.

girl..u know mi always have something to say..Kimora is my husbands child...but u wouldn't think so..he came in her life permanently just as she was about to turn 2..let me tell u what I had to go thru wid di 2 a dem when he 1st got here. Kimora does, listens to nothing he says.. I have to remind him she doesn't know you all she knows is me..yeah we used to deh a JA when she younger but not when she start understand things..all she know is me and u a tek ME from Her...he has gotten better but gosh it's still a struggle...Kashi "yankee pickney dem a so dem stay if mi deh a JA she ouldn't gwaan so" how she a gwaan ? she a be a child a dat dem do..Until mi and him argue casue mi refuse fi him treat her like a blasted step child as she only 2...him keep saying only 2 only 2. YES ! yhim want har go put shoes neat inna closet..not a baxide..if ave a problem if anything out of it's place..so kimora toys in the living room is problem..LEAVE HER ALONE MEK SHE PLAY.."carry dis go inna yu room" dem Kimora start di bawling and di noise....uhhhhh...all mi can seh is a TIME

Do I eva tire of hearing this one. Yardi pickney betta den yankee pickney- at least that's how I translate it. His daughter called the other day didn't even aknowlege me when I answered the phone. I was like hi Shawn her reply Can I please talk to my Daddy. :blink: He quickly excused this with it's BC her mother was there. If my daughter comes into the house without speaking he goes livid. I'm hoping she'll be able to come live with us, BC I want him to realize teenagers will be teenagers no matter where they come from and will try to test you, but of course he thinks she would never disrepect BC we would not allow it :wacko: as I allow the behavior. He has the boys trained but of course they are younger.

I would have to put a stop to that. That is total disrespect and lord help you if she does come to live with you guys. She has to respect you. My girlfriend's marriage of 15 years broke up because of her step-children not respecting her and I told her the same thing. If they didn't respect you when they would call to speak to their father, they're not going to have any respect for her when they got here and unfortunately that's what happened. The did horrible things to her, then her kids would fight with his kids. That would stress me so bad. I hope it works for you.

It would stress mi too. All I can do is wish for the best, what ever happens is meant to happen. She's never disrespected me in JA, just a few uness eye movments. when I made her change her clothes she had on an outfit that was clearly not for a 13 year old. His daughter has spoken to my daughter a few times on the phone. I'm taking my daughter down next time. We had a pretty nice time the last time around she taught me how to do a few JA dance moves, we laugh a lot. Could have been superfical, don't know. She did confide in me at times, telling me not to tell her daddy certin things. Only God knows what the future holds.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

????

How long did it take for your children to adjust to your SO's once they came here?

mr jengles and jay had no problems in J.A. and even once mr jengles first came everything was cool. then around a month after he came, he started saying really mean things to him like. this isn't your house go back to j.a. and i couldnt for the life of me, figure out what was going on. then i said to mr jengles i bet you it's his daddy. my son's father is a barber and i would bring him and leave him at the barbershop. sure enough, one day when i wasn't home, he said something to mr jengles and when he asked him who told u that, he said my daddy. of course his father denied it. talk about pissed.

girl..u know mi always have something to say..Kimora is my husbands child...but u wouldn't think so..he came in her life permanently just as she was about to turn 2..let me tell u what I had to go thru wid di 2 a dem when he 1st got here. Kimora does, listens to nothing he says.. I have to remind him she doesn't know you all she knows is me..yeah we used to deh a JA when she younger but not when she start understand things..all she know is me and u a tek ME from Her...he has gotten better but gosh it's still a struggle...Kashi "yankee pickney dem a so dem stay if mi deh a JA she ouldn't gwaan so" how she a gwaan ? she a be a child a dat dem do..Until mi and him argue casue mi refuse fi him treat her like a blasted step child as she only 2...him keep saying only 2 only 2. YES ! yhim want har go put shoes neat inna closet..not a baxide..if ave a problem if anything out of it's place..so kimora toys in the living room is problem..LEAVE HER ALONE MEK SHE PLAY.."carry dis go inna yu room" dem Kimora start di bawling and di noise....uhhhhh...all mi can seh is a TIME

Do I eva tire of hearing this one. Yardi pickney betta den yankee pickney- at least that's how I translate it. His daughter called the other day didn't even aknowlege me when I answered the phone. I was like hi Shawn her reply Can I please talk to my Daddy. :blink: He quickly excused this with it's BC her mother was there. If my daughter comes into the house without speaking he goes livid. I'm hoping she'll be able to come live with us, BC I want him to realize teenagers will be teenagers no matter where they come from and will try to test you, but of course he thinks she would never disrepect BC we would not allow it :wacko: as I allow the behavior. He has the boys trained but of course they are younger.

I would have to put a stop to that. That is total disrespect and lord help you if she does come to live with you guys. She has to respect you. My girlfriend's marriage of 15 years broke up because of her step-children not respecting her and I told her the same thing. If they didn't respect you when they would call to speak to their father, they're not going to have any respect for her when they got here and unfortunately that's what happened. The did horrible things to her, then her kids would fight with his kids. That would stress me so bad. I hope it works for you.

It would stress mi too. All I can do is wish for the best, what ever happens is meant to happen. She's never disrespected me in JA, just a few uness eye movments. when I made her change her clothes she had on an outfit that was clearly not for a 13 year old. His daughter has spoken to my daughter a few times on the phone. I'm taking my daughter down next time. We had a pretty nice time the last time around she taught me how to do a few JA dance moves, we laugh a lot. Could have been superfical, don't know. She did confide in me at times, telling me not to tell her daddy certin things. Only God knows what the future holds.

I just pray for the best for you and that it will work in merging families. If not JUST BAX DI GYAL INNA FACE...just kidding. I'm so BAD..... :devil: I'm sorry. Forgive me. I couldn't resist. I just don't like disrespectul kids. I guess it's because I was so well behaved. Did you finish your paper?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

????

We talk a lot about disrespect and he claims she'd be on the first flight back to JA with to her mother, if things were to become that bad...I'd have to see it to believe it.....cause he wants her here soo bad.

I had a few problems when I was in England with my son's dad saying stuff, but since we've been here, nothing.

I nearly died the other day, I phoned my son's dad and after I'd finished talking to him, I called my son and said 'It's Daddy.'

My son was like 'Oh hi (my HUSBAND'S name!) :lol:

can imagine how it bun him

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
the weather is is supposed to reach almost 60....doing some of the babies laundry....the outfits i have so far...are just ssoo cute...can't wait to put them on her......

Hey girl I just got some clothes from my brother I washed them last night. We are finally going to go buy some items this week. The weather around here is horrible again. Yesterday it was 45 at that was nice. Oh and I shouldn't talk about sleeping so good. Last night was horrid.

the best is yet to come with sleep....like i said...i get all comfy with pillows...then i have to go to the bathroom...or she starts kicking or my back hurts....as far as my back...if i take tylenol befor i for to sleep then i am pretty good till about 5.. best of luck..

Thanks!! I didn't go to work today either. I was sick. I am still hoping to have enough sick days for leave. Only 33 more work days to go. Wow it is going by fast.

Yeah JG --

Lawny,

Yes, STRESS is very bad for pregnancy and it's worse when you're already highrisk.

I am high risk so I will keep this in mind.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

????

I just pray for the best for you and that it will work in merging families. If not JUST BAX DI GYAL INNA FACE...just kidding. I'm so BAD..... :devil: I'm sorry. Forgive me. I couldn't resist. I just don't like disrespectul kids. I guess it's because I was so well behaved. Did you finish your paper?

I don't like them either, it hurts me when My daughter disrespects my husband, it hurts ne even more to have to hit on her, it hurst me that she hurts for her daddy and I guess I still have a lot of guilt, over her not having the relatioship she should be able to have with her father. I know It gets in the way of the disipline. The dum rass man can't get ova the fact I left and he still needs to develop a realtionship with his daughter..his kids period for that matter.

Yep it's in cyber space on it's way to my instructor.

Edited by brownnskinn

I had a few problems when I was in England with my son's dad saying stuff, but since we've been here, nothing.

I nearly died the other day, I phoned my son's dad and after I'd finished talking to him, I called my son and said 'It's Daddy.'

This happens soo many times with my now 5 year old its not even funny. And of course he wants to curse me out cause his son can't tell who he is on the phone. It's that (Myhusband name) instead of is that daddy ha ha lol

DWLLLLLLLLLLLL

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I did an updated one for our interview, re-used much of the same information and proof, just added more up to date proof.

Thanks JG,

That was my thought too....do another one this month and just bring all the 2007 stuff with me to the interview.

Should we bring the pictures, copies of flight info, boarding passes etc. from my November and February Trips too? I'm thinking it won't hurt since I only had 2 trips under my belt back when we filed and now I've been down 4 times - total? :blink:

I would think that since I'm there in person I could just use my passport to "prove" I've been back there anyways, Right? LOL

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Hey guys I am back. Just finished catching up on the posts I missed. I do not hve much to contribute about SO and my children. My children are grown and my ex got along with them great. We did not live together, so I do not think that counted. I am hoping that when Mike comes here he will get along with them even though they are grown. He talks to them occasionally on the phone and seem to be okay, but you never know. "See me and come live with me, that's another thing"

Isn't that just part of men being men? They don't know what they got till it's gone. And they somehow think this tactic will make everything better.

I'm loving the comments on the men and the gynocologists too. Such rude comments. Sometimes I want to say, STHU.......funny, you don't have these issues when YOU want to touch it.

DWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (aint that the TRUTH).

JG -- I was so embrassed. The doctor stretch his hand across the bed and my EX refused to shake it. Instead he give the doctor the "HEAD NOD". I wanted to WRING his neck. My mom was standing at the end of the bed, so she shook the doctor's hand.

HEY EVERYONE!

Sorry I can't contribute much about children, their dads and how they get along with our men from JA....I never crossed that bridge just yet since i'm not a Mom (LOL) but wanted to ask anyone who might know....

DO I HAVE TO DO A NEW AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FOR THE INTERVIEW OR SHOULD I JUST BRING ALL MY "UPDATED" supporting INFO LIKE Taxes, Retirement statements, W-2's etc. My initial aff. of support is from October but I'm sure they'll want more recent info.

I can get things notarized easily here at work in the hospital....just curious since all my info is still the same?

Tonisha, I would, just to be on the safe side, update the AOS and bring updated info as you listed above. Once again, good luck. Wish I were you :dance::dance::dance:

Thanks Claire.....Mike's date will come up before you know it! :thumbs:

Remember, me and Dave's date is April 1st and since we're the 1:30pm appointment I'm sure there's going to be a BUNCH of people for the early morning slots who just haven't "heard" about their appointment just yet so keep the faith!

As soon as I took my mind off the whole "when is the interview gonna be", it was Scheduled. :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline
WHAT the heck is up with no APPROVALS today.

Gillllllll....PAGING GILLLLLL

Marcel went to get his police cert today and he said the place was packed. A lot of the guys he spoke to had interviews 3/11 @ 8:30. So, my girl...gitup EARLI. He was able to get it done in under hour and half. The guys he was chatting with said they're so DAMN glad they got there medical over wid so dem can blaze up di place. I tell you....only in Jamaica.

Lawny,

I told u it was going to be Crazy in there cause it's the Beginning of the Month!! :lol: Dave said all those offices are a madhouse on the first Monday of the month because people are in there getting that report for multiple reasons, so I'm glad Marcel made it out in less than two hours.

Dave got it done pretty fast too, but he went on a Tuesday and hardly anyone was there....

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.