Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Isn't that just part of men being men? They don't know what they got till it's gone. And they somehow think this tactic will make everything better.

I'm loving the comments on the men and the gynocologists too. Such rude comments. Sometimes I want to say, STHU.......funny, you don't have these issues when YOU want to touch it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Isn't that just part of men being men? They don't know what they got till it's gone. And they somehow think this tactic will make everything better.

I'm loving the comments on the men and the gynocologists too. Such rude comments. Sometimes I want to say, STHU.......funny, you don't have these issues when YOU want to touch it.

DWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (aint that the TRUTH).

JG -- I was so embrassed. The doctor stretch his hand across the bed and my EX refused to shake it. Instead he give the doctor the "HEAD NOD". I wanted to WRING his neck. My mom was standing at the end of the bed, so she shook the doctor's hand.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG -- I was so embrassed. The doctor stretch his hand across the bed and my EX refused to shake it. Instead he give the doctor the "HEAD NOD". I wanted to WRING his neck. My mom was standing at the end of the bed, so she shook the doctor's hand.

HEY EVERYONE!

Sorry I can't contribute much about children, their dads and how they get along with our men from JA....I never crossed that bridge just yet since i'm not a Mom (LOL) but wanted to ask anyone who might know....

DO I HAVE TO DO A NEW AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FOR THE INTERVIEW OR SHOULD I JUST BRING ALL MY "UPDATED" supporting INFO LIKE Taxes, Retirement statements, W-2's etc. My initial aff. of support is from October but I'm sure they'll want more recent info.

I can get things notarized easily here at work in the hospital....just curious since all my info is still the same?

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

I did an updated one for our interview, re-used much of the same information and proof, just added more up to date proof.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
That is a sad truth sometimes, Tre.

Yeah JG --

That was me back in 2003...9 months of morning sickness, highrisk pregnancy, 39 doctors appt, I lost count of the amont of sonograms I had...passing out at work. You name it, that was me. But I manage and I got through it. My son came 4 weeks early, because my body was under so much stress physically and mentally. Believe it or not, I tried to drive myself to the hospital when I strated to bleed and that's when my ex decided to step in. He refused to shake the doctors hand when the doctors came into the room...saying (YOU KNOW WHERE HIS HANDS HAVE BEEN)...arrghhhhhhhh WHAT THE HELL was I thinking.

Lawny,

Isn't all this so crazy..then men we think we love do the darnest things to us..how many of those visits he came with you :angry: den waan run round di place bout him have son...cho

i remember mike went to 1 appt w/ me...and ya he fell alseep....i was so upset and embarresed by him...then all the other appts. he was "to tired" to get up and go....

That's too bad. Do you have other surpport?

My story was similiar. My daugther's father and I broke up when I found out I was pregnant. He went to the doctor with me but acted like he didn't care because he moved on. I had my daugher when I was 26 weeks pregnant due to stress. She was due in October but came July 13th...weighing 1.8 pounds She stayed in the hospital until September. It was so hard taking care of her and hard dealing with his crazy butt.

thankfully i do...i have my family and friends....but while we lived in DE...i had no one.....

Timeline

Hey guys I am back. Just finished catching up on the posts I missed. I do not hve much to contribute about SO and my children. My children are grown and my ex got along with them great. We did not live together, so I do not think that counted. I am hoping that when Mike comes here he will get along with them even though they are grown. He talks to them occasionally on the phone and seem to be okay, but you never know. "See me and come live with me, that's another thing"

HEY EVERYONE!

Sorry I can't contribute much about children, their dads and how they get along with our men from JA....I never crossed that bridge just yet since i'm not a Mom (LOL) but wanted to ask anyone who might know....

DO I HAVE TO DO A NEW AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FOR THE INTERVIEW OR SHOULD I JUST BRING ALL MY "UPDATED" supporting INFO LIKE Taxes, Retirement statements, W-2's etc. My initial aff. of support is from October but I'm sure they'll want more recent info.

I can get things notarized easily here at work in the hospital....just curious since all my info is still the same?

Tonisha, I would, just to be on the safe side, update the AOS and bring updated info as you listed above. Once again, good luck. Wish I were you :dance::dance::dance:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Other Timeline
That is a sad truth sometimes, Tre.

Yeah JG --

That was me back in 2003...9 months of morning sickness, highrisk pregnancy, 39 doctors appt, I lost count of the amont of sonograms I had...passing out at work. You name it, that was me. But I manage and I got through it. My son came 4 weeks early, because my body was under so much stress physically and mentally. Believe it or not, I tried to drive myself to the hospital when I strated to bleed and that's when my ex decided to step in. He refused to shake the doctors hand when the doctors came into the room...saying (YOU KNOW WHERE HIS HANDS HAVE BEEN)...arrghhhhhhhh WHAT THE HELL was I thinking.

This just reminded me of something funny ... a little gross ... but funny.

I was a couple months pregnant with Tierra and at this time her father and I were still together and he went to all the Dr's appointments with me. So We are sitting in the exam room and the Dr leaves the room. Her dad says "boy, I am glad I am not an ORTHODONTIST"... I say "why" ... He says "Cause you have to smell women's ...... all the time" .... I thought Damn! I hope the Orthodontist isnt anywhere near my .....!!! LOL He is such a dumb ###!!!

LOL

DWL...Gosh if you thought that when you were with him wonder wha u think about him now.lol

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
the weather is is supposed to reach almost 60....doing some of the babies laundry....the outfits i have so far...are just ssoo cute...can't wait to put them on her......

Hey girl I just got some clothes from my brother I washed them last night. We are finally going to go buy some items this week. The weather around here is horrible again. Yesterday it was 45 at that was nice. Oh and I shouldn't talk about sleeping so good. Last night was horrid.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
sooooo....spoke to one of my friends who came here on a work visa from Jamaica.

She says first she had to pay her fare and the visa fee, came up to like $3,000USD :o

she says she has to work 5 days a week, 12 hour shifts for $4 an hour...

also she says ELEVEN of them share a 4 bedroom house, each paying $150 a month rent...

Modern day slavery to me :(

yup....i know they have to pay a lot to not earn a lot....one of mike's friend who was here on a work program said he hardly had enough money to even get food...the living quarters were not so great and he had to get himself to and from work....just doesn't seem right...

Yes I've heard so many stories of people coming here to work and going on and on about how they make enough money in a few short months to live for the rest of the year. Makes you wonder what some are doing that others aren't.

ya i wonder the same thing....i have heard how some come and back all this money and buy land and build a house ect ect....but then mike would get calls from "friends" who are here on a work program and are broke and have no money need money or a place to stay for a little bit....and i shake my head cause i just don't understand how that can be...

When I go down I always have people asking me to find them work. Its for many ladies who want to fix up their house. They had done the program before and it worked great. Many of them were live in nannies.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

WHAT the heck is up with no APPROVALS today.

Gillllllll....PAGING GILLLLLL

Marcel went to get his police cert today and he said the place was packed. A lot of the guys he spoke to had interviews 3/11 @ 8:30. So, my girl...gitup EARLI. He was able to get it done in under hour and half. The guys he was chatting with said they're so DAMN glad they got there medical over wid so dem can blaze up di place. I tell you....only in Jamaica.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
:ot:

Ladies, (particularly the wives), how does your husband feel about birth control (and judging from the posts recently, I'm not sure how many folx this really applies too!! :lol::lol::lol: ). I ask because my husband confuses me on his thoughts. On the one hand, he says to me that he wants us to wait to have children until he is able to be here and he has a job (smart man...I agree 1000%). A couple of days later, he can't seem to understand why I have to take the birth control pill---he will say something to the effect of--"we're married now, so you don't need to take it". I try to remind him that we both agreed that we would wait so that he can experience every moment of pregnancy and parenthood together (the good and the bad!!) Sometimes the explanation works, sometimes it doesn't. I think that he gets a lot of questions from his friends (ask me why they know I'm on the pill!!?? :huh: ) I also think it may have something to do with the fact that some of his older friends are now new fathers, and its what he wants, it just can't be right now. I just find it frustrating because it turns into unecessary arguments...I'd much rather argue over something else--like why the RASSCLAT phone disconnects every 20 minutes or so!! :ranting::ranting:

Yaad men always try fe breed.

My husband and I talked about it and both want to wait til he is here. I don't want to be pregant by myself. I am already stressed enough by myself. He's made me promise to not let his child grow up without him. However, he has the males in his fam and friends yelling up and down bout when he gwaan breed me. :angry: So maybe your hubby is getting pressure from some folks. It seems ...to me...that having babies is like some status symbol in JA. Don't matter if yuh married and take care of the pickney just to "breed" is more than enough to flex your 'man' muscle. That may be why he goes back and forth on his decision. Just keep reminding him about your decision you 2 made and how hard and stressful it could be on you to take care and have a baby by yourself. Lawd then mention poor lil Kimmy and how hard her pregnancy has been these past weeks. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was that sick and alone too! That should make him understand that its also a health and safety issue for you to be pregnant when you have someone around who can take care of you if you need it. :blush:

Girl u see it..I was alone when I was preggo with Kimora and thank God I didn't have these problems with her. If i were alone in this time don't know how i would do it, how Kimora would be taken care of..so many days I just lay on the couch and have the strength to do absolutely nothing at all. Hubby really can't help ME but he has helped a whole lot in so many other ways. MAking sure Kimora gets a bath, food..all that stuff..Being preggo alone is no joke..That God I'm not alone this time around

We made the decision to wait until he got here. A lot of veteran yardies helped me with this. I am glad we waited because this pregnancy has been rough. I need him with me to help me out. Like putting on my socks now of days.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
the weather is is supposed to reach almost 60....doing some of the babies laundry....the outfits i have so far...are just ssoo cute...can't wait to put them on her......

Hey girl I just got some clothes from my brother I washed them last night. We are finally going to go buy some items this week. The weather around here is horrible again. Yesterday it was 45 at that was nice. Oh and I shouldn't talk about sleeping so good. Last night was horrid.

the best is yet to come with sleep....like i said...i get all comfy with pillows...then i have to go to the bathroom...or she starts kicking or my back hurts....as far as my back...if i take tylenol befor i for to sleep then i am pretty good till about 5.. best of luck..

Filed: Other Timeline
????

How long did it take for your children to adjust to your SO's once they came here?

mr jengles and jay had no problems in J.A. and even once mr jengles first came everything was cool. then around a month after he came, he started saying really mean things to him like. this isn't your house go back to j.a. and i couldnt for the life of me, figure out what was going on. then i said to mr jengles i bet you it's his daddy. my son's father is a barber and i would bring him and leave him at the barbershop. sure enough, one day when i wasn't home, he said something to mr jengles and when he asked him who told u that, he said my daddy. of course his father denied it. talk about pissed.

girl..u know mi always have something to say..Kimora is my husbands child...but u wouldn't think so..he came in her life permanently just as she was about to turn 2..let me tell u what I had to go thru wid di 2 a dem when he 1st got here. Kimora does, listens to nothing he says.. I have to remind him she doesn't know you all she knows is me..yeah we used to deh a JA when she younger but not when she start understand things..all she know is me and u a tek ME from Her...he has gotten better but gosh it's still a struggle...Kashi "yankee pickney dem a so dem stay if mi deh a JA she ouldn't gwaan so" how she a gwaan ? she a be a child a dat dem do..Until mi and him argue casue mi refuse fi him treat her like a blasted step child as she only 2...him keep saying only 2 only 2. YES ! yhim want har go put shoes neat inna closet..not a baxide..if ave a problem if anything out of it's place..so kimora toys in the living room is problem..LEAVE HER ALONE MEK SHE PLAY.."carry dis go inna yu room" dem Kimora start di bawling and di noise....uhhhhh...all mi can seh is a TIME

Do I eva tire of hearing this one. Yardi pickney betta den yankee pickney- at least that's how I translate it. His daughter called the other day didn't even aknowlege me when I answered the phone. I was like hi Shawn her reply Can I please talk to my Daddy. :blink: He quickly excused this with it's BC her mother was there. If my daughter comes into the house without speaking he goes livid. I'm hoping she'll be able to come live with us, BC I want him to realize teenagers will be teenagers no matter where they come from and will try to test you, but of course he thinks she would never disrepect BC we would not allow it :wacko: as I allow the behavior. He has the boys trained but of course they are younger.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

????

How long did it take for your children to adjust to your SO's once they came here?

mr jengles and jay had no problems in J.A. and even once mr jengles first came everything was cool. then around a month after he came, he started saying really mean things to him like. this isn't your house go back to j.a. and i couldnt for the life of me, figure out what was going on. then i said to mr jengles i bet you it's his daddy. my son's father is a barber and i would bring him and leave him at the barbershop. sure enough, one day when i wasn't home, he said something to mr jengles and when he asked him who told u that, he said my daddy. of course his father denied it. talk about pissed.

girl..u know mi always have something to say..Kimora is my husbands child...but u wouldn't think so..he came in her life permanently just as she was about to turn 2..let me tell u what I had to go thru wid di 2 a dem when he 1st got here. Kimora does, listens to nothing he says.. I have to remind him she doesn't know you all she knows is me..yeah we used to deh a JA when she younger but not when she start understand things..all she know is me and u a tek ME from Her...he has gotten better but gosh it's still a struggle...Kashi "yankee pickney dem a so dem stay if mi deh a JA she ouldn't gwaan so" how she a gwaan ? she a be a child a dat dem do..Until mi and him argue casue mi refuse fi him treat her like a blasted step child as she only 2...him keep saying only 2 only 2. YES ! yhim want har go put shoes neat inna closet..not a baxide..if ave a problem if anything out of it's place..so kimora toys in the living room is problem..LEAVE HER ALONE MEK SHE PLAY.."carry dis go inna yu room" dem Kimora start di bawling and di noise....uhhhhh...all mi can seh is a TIME

Do I eva tire of hearing this one. Yardi pickney betta den yankee pickney- at least that's how I translate it. His daughter called the other day didn't even aknowlege me when I answered the phone. I was like hi Shawn her reply Can I please talk to my Daddy. :blink: He quickly excused this with it's BC her mother was there. If my daughter comes into the house without speaking he goes livid. I'm hoping she'll be able to come live with us, BC I want him to realize teenagers will be teenagers no matter where they come from and will try to test you, but of course he thinks she would never disrepect BC we would not allow it :wacko: as I allow the behavior. He has the boys trained but of course they are younger.

I would have to put a stop to that. That is total disrespect and lord help you if she does come to live with you guys. She has to respect you. My girlfriend's marriage of 15 years broke up because of her step-children not respecting her and I told her the same thing. If they didn't respect you when they would call to speak to their father, they're not going to have any respect for her when they got here and unfortunately that's what happened. The did horrible things to her, then her kids would fight with his kids. That would stress me so bad. I hope it works for you.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.