Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
To the mothers: anyone have children who have good leadership/responsibility qualities? I'm sure I'm doing an adequate job, but I wish my daughter wasn't so lazy. I was wondering to develope these qualities in your children?

BTW the cat ate our bird. The bird will get out of the cage when it was hungry they have been home an entire day and have not even noticed the bird is missing. There were feathers all over the floor and the bird is no wear to be found. I'm going to see how lond time passes before they notice. I told my daughter to feed the bird three days ago, there is no food or water in the dish :wacko:

Mawin Brownie,

Sorry about the bird. It takes times, I'm sure she'll come around. How old is she? My girlfriend's daughter didn't start to get lazy until she turned 15. She's hoping it's a phase and she'll grow out of it. It's gotten so bad, that she has to tell her to take a bath. We took the door off of her bedroom yesterday, because he daughter was just out of control (smoking) in her bedroom. I don't understand how a A student gets to a D student in less thatn 4 months. I think it's her friends, but I told my girlfriends, she needs to step it up or it's going to get out of control, if it hasn't already.

Mawin..she 14...good kid but very testy....not with me....but If I'm not around she'll test limits with hubby and it drives me mad. I told her again last night...if she'd rather get a rass whippen or compy with our request. She used the tearm..selective hearing or said i guess I have selevtive hearing...with my hubby..I asked her if she knew what that meant, she said when "you hear what you want to hear". I told her the next time she gets smart I would beat the day lights out of her...this happened weeks ago and he's just now tellin mi about it. :blink:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.I wish I could be a damn FLY on the wall on 3/11.

Mi too :yes:

sooooo....spoke to one of my friends who came here on a work visa from Jamaica.

She says first she had to pay her fare and the visa fee, came up to like $3,000USD :o

she says she has to work 5 days a week, 12 hour shifts for $4 an hour...

also she says ELEVEN of them share a 4 bedroom house, each paying $150 a month rent...

Modern day slavery to me :(

I've always thought it was kind of hinky, if you ask me.

I've just read somewhere that the work visas are going to stop for a while soon. Something about the US visa agreements expiring and the government not renewing the laws or whatever keeps them in force. So basically, the people who are on work visas are the last of their kind for a while.

If this is how they treat them...I think they should do way with them as well.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sooooo....spoke to one of my friends who came here on a work visa from Jamaica.

She says first she had to pay her fare and the visa fee, came up to like $3,000USD :o

she says she has to work 5 days a week, 12 hour shifts for $4 an hour...

also she says ELEVEN of them share a 4 bedroom house, each paying $150 a month rent...

Modern day slavery to me :(

yup....i know they have to pay a lot to not earn a lot....one of mike's friend who was here on a work program said he hardly had enough money to even get food...the living quarters were not so great and he had to get himself to and from work....just doesn't seem right...

Yes I've heard so many stories of people coming here to work and going on and on about how they make enough money in a few short months to live for the rest of the year. Makes you wonder what some are doing that others aren't.

ya i wonder the same thing....i have heard how some come and back all this money and buy land and build a house ect ect....but then mike would get calls from "friends" who are here on a work program and are broke and have no money need money or a place to stay for a little bit....and i shake my head cause i just don't understand how that can be...

Timeline
Mawning Fam,

I hope everyone is doing well!!! JAEngy...you are ON POINT wid yuh son Chica!! That's exactly how I wouldda handle it! I think he is just having adjustment issues...give him a likkle while fi sttle in! He's had a lot of changes the last year! Tek time Chica and above all PRAY!!! He will be fine!

Luvtravlin...GURL, I AM SO DYAM HAPPY TO HEAR SEH YUH FINALLY GIT DAT DEH MONKEY OFF YOUR BACK!!!!

Ok, Prior K1 filers...QUESTION :ot:-

How many months of phone bills did you take with you to the interview...My initial petition contained ALL of my cell phone bills from Nov.2006-July.2007...Do you think from July 2007-present should be sufficient evidence?

Thanks ladies and have a good day Everyone!!!

As always...LOVE YA (L)(L)(L)(L) ,

Gill

P.S.- Lawny...your Meez is cracking me UP!!!! I guess that's one hairstyle that could work if you continue to be follically challenged! :lol:

i would say bring whatever you have....you can't have too much!!! that is IF they even look at it...for our interview she really could have cared less...all she wanted to see were the pictures and when they were taken and how long that trip was....

Timeline

It is 64 right now in Raleigh, but I am still in bed relaxing from my weekend trip and the long drive home last night. Plus I had to catch up on what I missed. Work for the rest of the week.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Hey My Yardie Sistren;

How are you all doing? Got back from West Virginia last night and the first thing I did after unpacking and showering is log on and caught up with all I missed since Friday. You guys are really a hoot, but I got my medicine that I missed for three days. I was up till 2am reading. Boy, you guys can chat. I love it though, it keeps me entertained.

I hope all is doing well.

Enjoy your trip?

I'm table deep in journal articles...on page 3 of my 5-7 page paper. Due tomorrow, but I've only been typing since this moring, doin good if you ask me. I don't seem to be having trouble, this topic seems to be easy to write about, on AP nusring which is what i'll be doing with my Masters, probaby why I waited to the last min.

Get some rest.

Timeline
Hey My Yardie Sistren;

How are you all doing? Got back from West Virginia last night and the first thing I did after unpacking and showering is log on and caught up with all I missed since Friday. You guys are really a hoot, but I got my medicine that I missed for three days. I was up till 2am reading. Boy, you guys can chat. I love it though, it keeps me entertained.

Enjoy your trip?

I'm table deep in journal articles...on page 3 of my 5-7 page paper. Due tomorrow, but I've only been typing since this moring, doin good if you ask me. I don't seem to be having trouble, this topic seems to be easy to write about, on AP nusring which is what i'll be doing with my Masters, probaby why I waited to the last min.

Get some rest.

I did. I saw my dad after not seeing him for two years. Was supposed to meet up with Tonya, but she was ill with the stomach bug, I think. Good luck with your paper. I wanted to do my masters in public and started when I was in NYC, but I got lazy and just concentrated on working.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Hey My Yardie Sistren;

Enjoy your trip?

Get some rest.

I did. I saw my dad after not seeing him for two years. Was supposed to meet up with Tonya, but she was ill with the stomach bug, I think. Good luck with your paper. I wanted to do my masters in public and started when I was in NYC, but I got lazy and just concentrated on working.

I wish I could just concentrate on working. :blush: My income dropped about $20,000 in the past two years. I'm still trying to do too much... school and work...probably why mi pickeny gone mad.

I haven't seen my dad in years, I was in Cali last year, the man wouldn't call me back, soo stupid....but i'm going back in a few months, I'll try again. He call him self mad at me for checkin him for talkin bad about my mother.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
To the mothers: anyone have children who have good leadership/responsibility qualities? I'm sure I'm doing an adequate job, but I wish my daughter wasn't so lazy. I was wondering to develope these qualities in your children?

BTW the cat ate our bird. The bird will get out of the cage when it was hungry they have been home an entire day and have not even noticed the bird is missing. There were feathers all over the floor and the bird is no wear to be found. I'm going to see how lond time passes before they notice. I told my daughter to feed the bird three days ago, there is no food or water in the dish :wacko:

Mawin Brownie,

Sorry about the bird. It takes times, I'm sure she'll come around. How old is she? My girlfriend's daughter didn't start to get lazy until she turned 15. She's hoping it's a phase and she'll grow out of it. It's gotten so bad, that she has to tell her to take a bath. We took the door off of her bedroom yesterday, because he daughter was just out of control (smoking) in her bedroom. I don't understand how a A student gets to a D student in less thatn 4 months. I think it's her friends, but I told my girlfriends, she needs to step it up or it's going to get out of control, if it hasn't already.

Mawin..she 14...good kid but very testy....not with me....but If I'm not around she'll test limits with hubby and it drives me mad. I told her again last night...if she'd rather get a rass whippen or compy with our request. She used the tearm..selective hearing or said i guess I have selevtive hearing...with my hubby..I asked her if she knew what that meant, she said when "you hear what you want to hear". I told her the next time she gets smart I would beat the day lights out of her...this happened weeks ago and he's just now tellin mi about it. :blink:

So far...let me knock on wood...my daughter hasn't "changed" yet. She'll be 16 this July. I have to remind her to clean up her room and wash the dishes sometimes. But overall, no major problems. She slightly slammed her door last Thursday when Damien asked her to study...we handled that right away....let's just say she won't do that again..

She gets upset when we stay on her about her grades and studies. My daughter is in the 10th grade...great student...in all AP classes but her grades slipped a little bit. We're just want her to stay on the right path. She's tutors foreign children and enrolled in a "Smart Girl" program at the Boys and Girls club. She's always researching universities and colleges she wants to attend...I just hope she stays on the right path.

Timeline

ok so i am looking for things online for the baby....are these not the cutest things??

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/jamaica/-/pv_...pt_/fpt_/c_666/

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot: - INSPIRATIONAL STORY...GO JAMAICA!!!!

When you get a chance check this out:

Stories like these make me PROUD to be a YARDIE!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnO_L1K7g0

Blessed,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

VERY CUTE Nans!!! :luv::luv: I love the second one!!!! Half American/ Half Jamaican!!!

I love Baby clothes!!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

VERY CUTE Nans!!! :luv::luv: I love the second one!!!! Half American/ Half Jamaican!!!

I love Baby clothes!!

Gill

there are even more on that site that had me laughing.....just sssoo cute...i want them all.... :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.