Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
morning all...Lawny wah di baxide a gwaan wid yur MEEZ...

Kimmy, lawd u always know how to get me to laugh. now mi auntie a look pon like mi mad...Girl I wanted a new hair do. And all that dancing mi hot.

Kimmy,

do not get mi started on Lawny's meez, she a hot gyal and up inna di video light, gwan lawny, now just start talking bout how u love yah man and boo you know how you are, and u a god bless pickney and my personal favorite no gyal can step inna ya shoes.

if a laugh a ded...woieeeee :lol::lol: gwaan tru hot steppa

oops i forgot the action to along with those statements. Must be said while tumping your chest. ok now mi done

Show nuff...Too cute. :lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping Nannygirl and some others can help with this.

Just started giving the baby food.

He clasps his lips shut and refuses point blank to eat baby food.

But yet, he'll happily open his mouth for whatever I'm eating...Have tried to trick him and pretend to eat the baby food, but not helping :(

Girl you can't pretend. You've got to EAT it. How old is he. My mom started giving my son regular food at six months. And she use to let him suck on the chicken leg (kuntri people). He loved it.

Too cute. As plump as he is he's just started eating babyfood? Once they have regular food they won't go back, at least mine wouldn't they never liked baby food.

but look pon di dancehall queen dem, Lawny, ms. English, uuno sound bad to rass. those were the days yes, but mi never did spray nuttin inna mi hair, if it was like now when u have the stocking cap wigs, then maybe?

JENGS,

You cook dinah yet?

girl, mi not to long suck down some pancakes and bacon, when mr jengles isn't here, mi not too pressed about sunday dinner. I want to take a nap. but mi haffi cook cause mi tek out di meat from yesterday *cha*

You know all now, the goat no cook yet. Dis mus be one damn ole goat. Di meat tuff

now tell mi is why u never wan use the pressure cooker again??? please mek done before u son go ah bed

You have to promise you won't laugh....but you can probably figure it out. So, mi naw tell you.

what?? u missing a piece??

JENGS,

My cousin did a cook. And she go outside fi move the car, all mi hear is one rahtid explosion and well, the top of the pot was in the ceiling...mi naw talk the little spinning thing. The entire POT TOP bust a hole in the cieling. From then, mi fraid to use it. My dad told her she didn't seal it properly. And watah, curry and goat meat as all over the kitchen. I'm glad none of the kids were in there. I had no idea how much pressure was in that thing. The goat meat was everywhere. All over the kitchen and parts of the dinning room.

OM :o

Jengs I'm goin to need your meez to put on some clothes. :yes:

*******Update on my cousin and her mad rass EX-fiance*****

JENGS,

Mi just come aff di phone wid mi cousin. U know seh the john'crow went and had his physical I think sometime last week and had the nerve to leave her a message asking what he should do next. This M)(*#$)#($*.... Mi deh yah a DWLLLLLLLLLLL. How was he able to do that. I guess he had scheduled the physical and not tell her. Mi seh...mi wah im fi show up a Kingston on 3/11 and get all the way upstairs and find out seh his INTERVIEW was CANCELED.

lol. He's in for a rude awakening.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
but look pon di dancehall queen dem, Lawny, ms. English, uuno sound bad to rass. those were the days yes, but mi never did spray nuttin inna mi hair, if it was like now when u have the stocking cap wigs, then maybe?

JENGS,

You cook dinah yet?

girl, mi not to long suck down some pancakes and bacon, when mr jengles isn't here, mi not too pressed about sunday dinner. I want to take a nap. but mi haffi cook cause mi tek out di meat from yesterday *cha*

You know all now, the goat no cook yet. Dis mus be one damn ole goat. Di meat tuff

now tell mi is why u never wan use the pressure cooker again??? please mek done before u son go ah bed

You have to promise you won't laugh....but you can probably figure it out. So, mi naw tell you.

what?? u missing a piece??

JENGS,

My cousin did a cook. And she go outside fi move the car, all mi hear is one rahtid explosion and well, the top of the pot was in the ceiling...mi naw talk the little spinning thing. The entire POT TOP bust a hole in the cieling. From then, mi fraid to use it. My dad told her she didn't seal it properly. And watah, curry and goat meat as all over the kitchen. I'm glad none of the kids were in there. I had no idea how much pressure was in that thing. The goat meat was everywhere. All over the kitchen and parts of the dinning room.

OM :o

Jengs I'm goin to need your meez to put on some clothes. :yes:

*******Update on my cousin and her mad rass EX-fiance*****

JENGS,

Mi just come aff di phone wid mi cousin. U know seh the john'crow went and had his physical I think sometime last week and had the nerve to leave her a message asking what he should do next. This M)(*#$)#($*.... Mi deh yah a DWLLLLLLLLLLL. How was he able to do that. I guess he had scheduled the physical and not tell her. Mi seh...mi wah im fi show up a Kingston on 3/11 and get all the way upstairs and find out seh his INTERVIEW was CANCELED.

lol. He's in for a rude awakening.

I'm not the one half-naked doing the bump and grind, it's Lawny, wid she hot hot self. It must be hot weh she deh, cause i'm hoping she didn't wear that to a club in d.c. inna this weather, now we no why she fell of the chair the other day, she drop sleep and drop off of the chair, true she get home late from di club and hear she a chat bout chair arm bruk off.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot:

Ladies, (particularly the wives), how does your husband feel about birth control (and judging from the posts recently, I'm not sure how many folx this really applies too!! :lol::lol::lol: ). I ask because my husband confuses me on his thoughts. On the one hand, he says to me that he wants us to wait to have children until he is able to be here and he has a job (smart man...I agree 1000%). A couple of days later, he can't seem to understand why I have to take the birth control pill---he will say something to the effect of--"we're married now, so you don't need to take it". I try to remind him that we both agreed that we would wait so that he can experience every moment of pregnancy and parenthood together (the good and the bad!!) Sometimes the explanation works, sometimes it doesn't. I think that he gets a lot of questions from his friends (ask me why they know I'm on the pill!!?? :huh: ) I also think it may have something to do with the fact that some of his older friends are now new fathers, and its what he wants, it just can't be right now. I just find it frustrating because it turns into unecessary arguments...I'd much rather argue over something else--like why the RASSCLAT phone disconnects every 20 minutes or so!! :ranting::ranting:

Yaad men always try fe breed.

My husband and I talked about it and both want to wait til he is here. I don't want to be pregant by myself. I am already stressed enough by myself. He's made me promise to not let his child grow up without him. However, he has the males in his fam and friends yelling up and down bout when he gwaan breed me. :angry: So maybe your hubby is getting pressure from some folks. It seems ...to me...that having babies is like some status symbol in JA. Don't matter if yuh married and take care of the pickney just to "breed" is more than enough to flex your 'man' muscle. That may be why he goes back and forth on his decision. Just keep reminding him about your decision you 2 made and how hard and stressful it could be on you to take care and have a baby by yourself. Lawd then mention poor lil Kimmy and how hard her pregnancy has been these past weeks. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was that sick and alone too! That should make him understand that its also a health and safety issue for you to be pregnant when you have someone around who can take care of you if you need it. :blush:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
sooooo....spoke to one of my friends who came here on a work visa from Jamaica.

She says first she had to pay her fare and the visa fee, came up to like $3,000USD :o

she says she has to work 5 days a week, 12 hour shifts for $4 an hour...

also she says ELEVEN of them share a 4 bedroom house, each paying $150 a month rent...

Modern day slavery to me :(

Wait what is this? She works in the US for $4 an hour! :unsure: This IS modern day slavery! I personally think that many jobs in JA that are held over by overseas companies are modern day slave jobs. It is disqusting what people get paid there.

So where is your friend working, and why did she pay for this visa? I feel like I missed something.

Timeline
Blanched and frozen in zip lock bags. I've done it a few times with no problems.

Havethey ever asked you if you have any?

I just say I have nothing. If they stop me....well heck I guess they caught me and will just take it.

Timeline
Brownskinn - I give you a lot of credit with your job = I started working with dually diagnosed adults, then autistic, when I was in college - went deeper into the field till I was directing a program. I got injured (shoulder and neck) dealing with an aggressive client, so I had to make a career change.

It's a rewarding career and I loved it - but you have to have the patience of a saint!

You see it. I NEVER have a boring day!! I love my job but it can be very overwhelming sometimes. I've seen many of people get hurt, I've been called every name in the book, kicked in the tummy- old elderly patient with dementia didn't know what he was doing. :blush: It's a challenge as you know, but I think I was meant to do it, I've been at it for 11 some odd years in some form or another.

My younger sister works in this environment. She tells me some crazy stories. Sometimes she gets the really mean racist patients and they just go head to head with the remarks. the stories are crazy. I had an ex work in this too and he broke a couple fingers trying to restrain patients.

Timeline

Hey there everyone,

I know it's been quite awhile....and thank you to those that have PM'd me to touch base, I truly apologize that I haven't responded.

Life, just has been ....crazy....as always. Five months of the thread was just way to much catching up on .. I'm sure there are loads of congratulations, sorrows and challenges.....never ever ever know which way our lives are going to go, especially in this craziness of the VISA journey.

First and foremost....Craig FINALLY moved out !!! It is a TOTAL blessing and was LONG overdue, but he HAS to stand on his own 2 feet "as a man" and be responsible, learn how to pay bills, work hard, etc etc etc. He has changed so incredibly much, I just can't deal anymore!!! TRUST ME I've compromised and those that know me, I have been VERY veeeeeery patient, but.............just could not live with him for one more day. We had a major issue come up in the beginning of Feb and I gave him an ultimatum ....get out or I will be nasty about getting you out !!!! I still think when he moved that "I" was going to give in, yeah right ....like that was ever going to happen !!!

So don't know where we are going to go from here......if anywhere. "I" am TOTALLY fine and so is my son!! better than ever. My son has made honor roll 2 quarters in a row and was "student of the month" last month. The weight of Craig's BS ####### has been lifted off of my (well, both of our) shoulders. No more bickering and fighting....is such a relief !!!

Well, it took forever...since last summer when we filed for AOS and after just sitting there in California since Nov with no touches or anything, I contacted the Senators office and then got an email this past Friday that his GC is on its way. He doesn't know and I'm not going to share that with him...yet.

My business has been extremely busy, which is a blessing as well.

We're in full swing with soccer and the start of this years season is just around the corner. Our coach likes to have 3 tournaments before the start of the season and they just had their 1st tournament in Virginia over the weekend.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. If anyone needs to reach me, please email me instead of PMing..... because I don't get to come on here ... my email is up and running all of the time.

a-and-k-travel@verizon.net

OH and I finally (I know a travel agent and being in the travel industry for the past 17 1/2 yrs... I should have had one, but I never really needed to) but ....I got our (me and my sons) passports (in 8 days) and those arrived last week. I would really like to go to Jamaica for my birthday weekend....May 18th.... but we'll see.... I haven't been anywhere fun and exciting for almost 2 flippin years !!!

Take care everyone !

Love,

Kelly

does she have a visa to work for a specific company, if not she should get another job, that is ridiculus. she would have been better off staying in j.a.

Yes :(

While she CAN change companies, the new company would have to file for her :(

sooooo....spoke to one of my friends who came here on a work visa from Jamaica.

She says first she had to pay her fare and the visa fee, came up to like $3,000USD :o

she says she has to work 5 days a week, 12 hour shifts for $4 an hour...

also she says ELEVEN of them share a 4 bedroom house, each paying $150 a month rent...

Modern day slavery to me :(

Wait what is this? She works in the US for $4 an hour! :unsure: This IS modern day slavery! I personally think that many jobs in JA that are held over by overseas companies are modern day slave jobs. It is disqusting what people get paid there.

So where is your friend working, and why did she pay for this visa? I feel like I missed something.

She's working in ALabama...Guess they make them pay the visa so they save money....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Hey there everyone,

I know it's been quite awhile....and thank you to those that have PM'd me to touch base, I truly apologize that I haven't responded.

Life, just has been ....crazy....as always. Five months of the thread was just way to much catching up on .. I'm sure there are loads of congratulations, sorrows and challenges.....never ever ever know which way our lives are going to go, especially in this craziness of the VISA journey.

First and foremost....Craig FINALLY moved out !!! It is a TOTAL blessing and was LONG overdue, but he HAS to stand on his own 2 feet "as a man" and be responsible, learn how to pay bills, work hard, etc etc etc. He has changed so incredibly much, I just can't deal anymore!!! TRUST ME I've compromised and those that know me, I have been VERY veeeeeery patient, but.............just could not live with him for one more day. We had a major issue come up in the beginning of Feb and I gave him an ultimatum ....get out or I will be nasty about getting you out !!!! I still think when he moved that "I" was going to give in, yeah right ....like that was ever going to happen !!!

So don't know where we are going to go from here......if anywhere. "I" am TOTALLY fine and so is my son!! better than ever. My son has made honor roll 2 quarters in a row and was "student of the month" last month. The weight of Craig's BS ####### has been lifted off of my (well, both of our) shoulders. No more bickering and fighting....is such a relief !!!

Well, it took forever...since last summer when we filed for AOS and after just sitting there in California since Nov with no touches or anything, I contacted the Senators office and then got an email this past Friday that his GC is on its way. He doesn't know and I'm not going to share that with him...yet.

My business has been extremely busy, which is a blessing as well.

We're in full swing with soccer and the start of this years season is just around the corner. Our coach likes to have 3 tournaments before the start of the season and they just had their 1st tournament in Virginia over the weekend.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. If anyone needs to reach me, please email me instead of PMing..... because I don't get to come on here ... my email is up and running all of the time.

a-and-k-travel@verizon.net

OH and I finally (I know a travel agent and being in the travel industry for the past 17 1/2 yrs... I should have had one, but I never really needed to) but ....I got our (me and my sons) passports (in 8 days) and those arrived last week. I would really like to go to Jamaica for my birthday weekend....May 18th.... but we'll see.... I haven't been anywhere fun and exciting for almost 2 flippin years !!!

Take care everyone !

Love,

Kelly

Wonderful to see you posting!!!

Also very happy your life is on track, congrats to your son!!!

Hope you continue posting, I think you have so much to offer :)

Edited by JaEnglishGirl

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You see it. I NEVER have a boring day!! I love my job but it can be very overwhelming sometimes. I've seen many of people get hurt, I've been called every name in the book, kicked in the tummy- old elderly patient with dementia didn't know what he was doing. :blush: It's a challenge as you know, but I think I was meant to do it, I've been at it for 11 some odd years in some form or another.

I can totally relate - most of my clients were non-verbal, so I wasn't called names - But I have been hit, kicked, bit, punched,... - Had a black eye for my sister's wedding! :lol: Which did not make anyone in my family happy, lol. Despite all that, I truly loved the job - My injury is what made me switch to a legal career - I was so disgusted by what I faced with the worker's comp system. Plus, everyone kept telling me Attorneys / Autistic - not really much of a difference there!

As for the work visa issue - Isn't $4 an hour below minimum wage? Unless she's waitressing or something like that, she should report the employer - they have to at least pay min. wage. I have friends that came up on a work visa - It's a good opportunity for them, but it is also a money making scam for someone - it's unreal what they have to pay.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

MAWNIN my BEAUTIFUL SISTAHS....

Dear Lord, please watch over us as we face another week and as we go through our daily routines. Please guide us with your love and strength, dear Lord and this we pray, Amen.

Hope ya'll have a blessed week.

Come onnnnnn NOA2

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.