Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Has anyone ever been taken into a room in Jamaica for questioning about why you travel to JA so often? One of my girlfriends has to go through this every since she told them she was dating a guy that lived there. Just curious...

I have never heard of this, and I have NEVER encountered this problem...and I have been going down there every 2 or 3 months for the last 3 years! Every time I would go, I would say I was visiting my boyfriend/fiance, and it was never a problem. They would ask me where and I would give his address, and they'd just say "enjoy your stay." And now that I say I'm staying with my husband, I guess there's no reason to question anything...That definitely is strange though.

Nope. Not me either. I went every month for almost 2 years. I got questioned a little more then I thought necessary sometimes; but never detained in some room. I would not have been happy.

I never had problems either....only questioned a few times. Once they questioned me for 20 minutes because they didn't believe I worked for the State Department. Now I travel with my diplomatic passport so they haven't bothered me since.

Wonder if I can get one of those since I have high clearance. Girl, I'm sick of them and I know the only reason they harras me is because of the amount of trips I've made in the pass. It's embrassing, people watch you being lead away to a room by two officers. I think next time I'm going to do my Pattie Label move and lay on the floor start bawling and rolling. Last time my flight got into Baltimore at 9pm and I didn't leave out of there until 10:45. I was hungry, tired and sick. And the too keep track of things, because the last time the IO asked me if I was ill on my last trip and I said yes. Then after I'm questioned, they get that STINKING dutty DOG to prance all over my luggage. At least no one was around to see that. Everyone had already gone through.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My head hurts so bad I'm tyred of breaking up fights today...45min and I'm out :blush:

a who a fight..lawd dem no grown ppl

Yes. I work in mental health and lets jus say we have a lively bunch.

now mi understand :wacko:

DWL...u seet...how u feeling today.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill - what day are you leaving for JA? I am going on the 7th for 10 days - CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been memorizing all your posts about where to go after leaving the airport - But since my man's friend will be driving with him, think we can send him for a walk? :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Good Morning Everyone!

Morning Sunny & sus...I see we're up early.

tep aff a mi name

Gill - what day are you leaving for JA? I am going on the 7th for 10 days - CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been memorizing all your posts about where to go after leaving the airport - But since my man's friend will be driving with him, think we can send him for a walk? :whistle:

Sus,

Have fun. I think Gill be down there at that time. Wish I could join ya'll, but I'll be down next month. I want my NOA2 :crying: -- so I can deal with things while I"m down there.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow! The thread is pretty busy today. I'm home tryna chill before I go out tonight.

I saw an ad on the Gleaner website about buying food online and you can have someone in Jamaica pick it up from SuperPlus

Has anyone heard about this or tried this before?

i used it a couple of times for mike...it was pretty easy...and if they didn't have a iteam then they would let you pick something else out for the same amount...

Thanks for replying Nanny! I'm gonna try it this week.

Morning everyone :star:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Everyone!

I'm heading to work for a few hours, but I'll be on while I'm there so I'll chat with you guy's in a bit. Oh and by the way, I want to go to Jamaica too. I still have a ticket to use from Spirit Air, but I have to figure out when I can head down.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

LOL, Lawny - This was late for me - Don't know WHAT my problem is lately - I have no trouble falling asleep, but am wide awake between 3 and 4 am - Today I slept till 5, I was excited!

Sunny, Spirit had some cheap cheap flights outta Ft. Lauderdale - I would just be prepared for problems with that airline - IT would have to be a true bargain for me to fly them to JA again.

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm heading to work for a few hours, but I'll be on while I'm there so I'll chat with you guy's in a bit. Oh and by the way, I want to go to Jamaica too. I still have a ticket to use from Spirit Air, but I have to figure out when I can head down.

Sunny how did you do with Spirit Air...they owe me $955.00 and I hope to get it before I go to Jamaica next month. I've not heard good things about them. At least from my friends anyway.

tep aff a mi name

LOL, Lawny - This was late for me - Don't know WHAT my problem is lately - I have no trouble falling asleep, but am wide awake between 3 and 4 am - Today I slept till 5, I was excited!

Sunny, Spirit had some cheap cheap flights outta Ft. Lauderdale - I would just be prepared for problems with that airline - IT would have to be a true bargain for me to fly them to JA again.

Sus,

I don't even know where to start with them. Even though I can't stand AJ, I'd rather them to Sprit anyday. It's been almost a year and I've still not received my luggage for my flight from Mobay to Washington DC. No one piece. They don't know what happened to my luggage. They had a fare war back in March of last year and I think it was something like $89 roundtrip (no joke), but by the time you add on taxes it turns into over $200 bucks :angry: . So a few of my friends and I decided to go and we flew out of Washington DC to connect in Ft. Lauderdale. Well, the flight left DC late, then when we got the Florida something was wrong with the plane, it was over booked, it was just crazy (so they asked people to say back) so a wedding party could all get on the flight. It was like 47 people in this wedding party. So, they put us in a hotel overnight and fed us. I was travelling with 15 people. No worries there. We left the next day. Girl on the return..same problem, when we got to Florida and we were like hell no we're not doing this again. We got bumped last time. Well, the flight was delayed for hours, people were getting pissed they wouldn't tell us what was going on, but we later found out that the totally OVERBOOKED this flight also. Then they said something was wrong with the flight, then it was the FOG, girl we spent the night in Florida I had to call my people to come get us. The following day we called, went back to the airport was told the flight would leave on time today (not true) still having problems, so we ended up booking on American Airlines and sprit promised that our luggage would be delivered to National airport in DC...well guess what, it never left Mobay. Girl, it was just a total mess. I just threw my hands up in the air.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I had major problems with Spirit each time I flew them - Last time, they didn't get my luggage on the connecting flight, and then it wandered around NYC for 4 days - When it arrived, I was missing all types of stuff. I fought with customer service, and tried to get some resolution - finally asked for their legal dept. only to be told that they only handle lawsuits - So I sued them in small claims. The week of the answer date, their insurance company called me and resolved the issue.

To be honest, small claims is the ONLY way to deal with them - they are so unresponsive to calls.

Also be forewarned, they charge an $85 administrative fee to use a flight credit - I learned this one the hard way, and no matter what you do, you can't apply the credit towards the fee - they still stick it to you for the fee to come out of pocket.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good morning Everyone. it took me 15 minutes to read all the posts from last night! :-)

It is finally sunny here ...COLD .... but sunny. The sun makes me happy. All the snow and grey skies are so depressing.

I cannot wait until April and 2 glorious weeks in St Lucia.

I have a little question...

How long after my man arrives and we get married would it be possible to leave the country?

My boss offered to pay for our Honeymoon!!! And I think we will have to stay in the US which is fine but oh the possibilities if we can leave the country!!! The trip would be my 10 year at the job gift!!!

I am thinking about Big Sur and driving the Pacific coast highway if we stay in the US. I have never been to CA and always wanted to see Big Sur ... and it turns out the mountains are called the Santa Lucia mountains... its a sign!! :-)

Thanks all!

Cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

I had major problems with Spirit each time I flew them - Last time, they didn't get my luggage on the connecting flight, and then it wandered around NYC for 4 days - When it arrived, I was missing all types of stuff. I fought with customer service, and tried to get some resolution - finally asked for their legal dept. only to be told that they only handle lawsuits - So I sued them in small claims. The week of the answer date, their insurance company called me and resolved the issue.

To be honest, small claims is the ONLY way to deal with them - they are so unresponsive to calls.

Also be forewarned, they charge an $85 administrative fee to use a flight credit - I learned this one the hard way, and no matter what you do, you can't apply the credit towards the fee - they still stick it to you for the fee to come out of pocket.

Well,

I didn't know I had purchased the flight insurance or whatever they called it and they didn't want to HONOR it and I went into instant RAGE. When it comes to things like this, calling, may help, but I can write and very DEMANDING letter. I kept writing them over, and over and over again until they got sick of me. Then I told them I was going to FOX 5 in washingon DC...if I don't get my check from them by the end of this week (ya'll look out for me on the news). They like to take advantage of people.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Well,

I didn't know I had purchased the flight insurance or whatever they called it and they didn't want to HONOR it and I went into instant RAGE. When it comes to things like this, calling, may help, but I can write and very DEMANDING letter. I kept writing them over, and over and over again until they got sick of me. Then I told them I was going to FOX 5 in washingon DC...if I don't get my check from them by the end of this week (ya'll look out for me on the news). They like to take advantage of people.

Been there, done that - Went round and round and round and round with them - didn't get any result. The idiot would leave me messages in my vm and tell me her view, then say that if I had any questions please call her back - NO PHONE NUMBER. I work for a major US corporation, and deal with the complaint side of customer issues all day long - I can tell you that if my customer service reps acted the way Spirits do, they would be fired SO fast they wouldn't know what hit them. I write very demanding letters as well - but it didn't get me anywhere with Spirit - So I filed a small claims - that got me enough money to replace my items -except my rum cream, can't buy that here :( and pay for my last trip down to JA.

Their flight deals sound great - but by the time you add on the taxes, now having to pay to check your bags, etc.... it's not such a bargain after all.

Morning, Irie! Nice boss you have there! Not sure of the exact time to leave the country - but once you are married, I believe you would have to apply for advanced parole to travel - at least until his green card was fully approved and not a temporary one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.