Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

How much do ya'll pay for a can of ACKEE?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That's true JaEnglish, Ebay would not be a good source to use from JA. When I was in Target on black friday, there was this JA guy that was running around with the shopping cart buying all the dvd players that were on sale for $25. He must of had about 30 in his basket. I said you must be sending them home and he was like yes I am. lol Now I wonder how he was going to do that. Unless he had a hook up through customs, it's wasn't worth it.

Sunny,

We if you have the hook up that's the only way or CUSTOMS will slam you. I think another way around that is if you're moving home and shipping a container. My aunt send her entire household from queens that way and her cars. I'm telling you, some Jamaican don't throw away anything. I just sat there and watch the poor movers. Some of the furniture whe was taking home was from the early 70s. Sometime it's better to just by things out there. We're blessed ot have a aunt in FL that has a shipping business, so, sometimes we go that route. My dad is retiring in 2 years and he has already started to send thing down. CUSTOMS is a PAIN IN THE a$$.

I've brought home DVD players in my suitcase. Laptops,. I've not been so lucky now. I always get this awful woman who send me to go get inspected and she stands there like a DAMN hound dog. Thanksgiving last year I went down for a wedding and they took every damn thing out my suitcase. I was not happy. So, I had to make up noise and ask for a supervisor. She had my things falling on the floor. She let my bridesmaid dress hit the floor. CUSTOMER SERVICE stunk 100%...supervisor had her and another person put the things back in my suitcase. They were all over the place. I was so embrassed.

I wanted to ship a barrel, but I can't find any place here that does that. Do you know of any company here that ship barrels to JA.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

That's true JaEnglish, Ebay would not be a good source to use from JA. When I was in Target on black friday, there was this JA guy that was running around with the shopping cart buying all the dvd players that were on sale for $25. He must of had about 30 in his basket. I said you must be sending them home and he was like yes I am. lol Now I wonder how he was going to do that. Unless he had a hook up through customs, it's wasn't worth it.

Sunny,

We if you have the hook up that's the only way or CUSTOMS will slam you. I think another way around that is if you're moving home and shipping a container. My aunt send her entire household from queens that way and her cars. I'm telling you, some Jamaican don't throw away anything. I just sat there and watch the poor movers. Some of the furniture whe was taking home was from the early 70s. Sometime it's better to just by things out there. We're blessed ot have a aunt in FL that has a shipping business, so, sometimes we go that route. My dad is retiring in 2 years and he has already started to send thing down. CUSTOMS is a PAIN IN THE a$$.

I've brought home DVD players in my suitcase. Laptops,. I've not been so lucky now. I always get this awful woman who send me to go get inspected and she stands there like a DAMN hound dog. Thanksgiving last year I went down for a wedding and they took every damn thing out my suitcase. I was not happy. So, I had to make up noise and ask for a supervisor. She had my things falling on the floor. She let my bridesmaid dress hit the floor. CUSTOMER SERVICE stunk 100%...supervisor had her and another person put the things back in my suitcase. They were all over the place. I was so embrassed.

I wanted to ship a barrel, but I can't find any place here that does that. Do you know of any company here that ship barrels to JA.

Sunny --

My brother just asked the same thing. He's in Phili but he'll be back in town Monday. I'll ask him who he used. Be warned. Whoever you sending it to, CUSTOMS, CUSTOMS, CUSTOMS...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Sunny,

Sunny --

My brother just asked the same thing. He's in Phili but he'll be back in town Monday. I'll ask him who he used. Be warned. Whoever you sending it to, CUSTOMS, CUSTOMS, CUSTOMS...

I know Lawny, I'm just curious.

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow! The thread is pretty busy today. I'm home tryna chill before I go out tonight.

I saw an ad on the Gleaner website about buying food online and you can have someone in Jamaica pick it up from SuperPlus

Has anyone heard about this or tried this before?

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Sunny,

Sunny --

Okay. Got to look for for a sitah. I'll check with my brother on Monday. Don't let me forget. My mind is so overwhelmed right now. The last time I shipped something by barrell they dropped it off, you pack it and they come and pick it up. I don't know if they still do that kind of service, but I'll check

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Sunny,

Sunny --

Okay. Got to look for for a sitah. I'll check with my brother on Monday. Don't let me forget. My mind is so overwhelmed right now. The last time I shipped something by barrell they dropped it off, you pack it and they come and pick it up. I don't know if they still do that kind of service, but I'll check

Okay, I'll remind you if I have to... Thanks a bunch

ROC

KIMYYYYYYYYY...u feel any betah. U tri fi eat any tideh

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

ok..let mi tell onuh something..mi ave ATT and mi buy miself a new LG phone..and mi did a go JA around di same time so mi ask dem..if a GSM phone why mi cyaan use it when mi land..."maam ur phone needs to be unlocked" ok sir how can i do that.."uhh..huh" dem come to find out they HAD to gice me the unlock but mi affi request it thru email to one dif dept..well mi do dat..and get di code and follow di instruction and mi phone unlock now ..so when mi go a JA mi use CW chip iin a mi phone and mi good to go....

Nanny bwoy it look like mi affi go start tek di pills cause mi cyaa live so...no bra

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
KIMYYYYYYYYY...u feel any betah. U tri fi eat any tideh

mi drink one coconut water..and 1/2 a dumplin wid butter bean and salf fish..mi ok so far..mi a pray dats all

Most places do the pick up barrell ting now...

Lita how did u send the phone ? was it insured ? if a no one simple letter mi nah send it tru mail....mi send hubby a fathers day card from 2yrs a go..ALL A NOW HIM NO GET DEM..mi modda used to work fi di Post office she tell sometings wh some people gwaan wid..not her site cause everything come tru central sorting office and den to other post offices by di time dem lef central sorting a it dat..too much blasted hands if u ask mi..awww i used to go with her on saturdays to drop off mail..di van pick dem up and drop off a a like dung a mall down town and she deliver thru the building down there....used to love go inna di air JA building..wanted her job then...:) those were the days

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

ok..let mi tell onuh something..mi ave ATT and mi buy miself a new LG phone..and mi did a go JA around di same time so mi ask dem..if a GSM phone why mi cyaan use it when mi land..."maam ur phone needs to be unlocked" ok sir how can i do that.."uhh..huh" dem come to find out they HAD to gice me the unlock but mi affi request it thru email to one dif dept..well mi do dat..and get di code and follow di instruction and mi phone unlock now ..so when mi go a JA mi use CW chip iin a mi phone and mi good to go....

Nanny bwoy it look like mi affi go start tek di pills cause mi cyaa live so...no bra

Kimmy,

That's what I do now. Mi pay $1500 fi di chip and di guy unlock di phone. Verizon don't use chip, but my Verion phone works anywhere in Jamaica. I've never had a problem. I just cna't deal the ROAMING. So I brought an AT&T phone to use while I'm in Jamaica.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Kimmy,

That's what I do now. Mi pay $1500 fi di chip and di guy unlock di phone. Verizon don't use chip, but my Verion phone works anywhere in Jamaica. I've never had a problem. I just cna't deal the ROAMING. So I brought an AT&T phone to use while I'm in Jamaica.

yup..when u look pon u blasted bill wid roaming ####### u can buy one next plane ticket tuh baxide

Timeline

Kimmy, I had AT&T but because I purchased the phone one month before I left for Jamaica, they told me I couldn't get the unlock code for 90 days. I think that's just crazy. If I purchase a phone, why do I have to wait for the unlock code....

ROC

Timeline

Kimmy, I had AT&T but because I purchased the phone one month before I left for Jamaica, they told me I couldn't get the unlock code for 90 days. I think that's just crazy. If I purchase a phone, why do I have to wait for the unlock code....

no mek dem tell u no ####### mi bjy mi phone inna feb..and mi did a go JA inna April and mi get mi code right afta mi buy it..dem neva wwan gimme mine eida til dem rrealize mi nah tek no #######...

Timeline

Kimmy,

yup..when u look pon u blasted bill wid roaming ####### u can buy one next plane ticket tuh baxide

You can get the Verizon phones unlocked in JA, but they can only be used for Cable & Wireless/B-Mobile or Miphone which is probably cheaper than paying for romaing. The LG Chocolate phone that we unlocked had to be used with B-Mobile and not Digicel.

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.