Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah sometimes folks in JA are sooo greedy that there prices make no sense. Those unlocking devices cost one standard fee, so to unlock any type of phone shouldnt make a difference.

When I went into the Digicel store in Ochi, I was totally amazed at the prices for some of the most simple looking phones. I could really make a killing there if I took some phones over. The iphone is going for over $700 there and Ray said they are really selling. Here they are only $399. It's awful.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Yeah I was gonna tell you to unlock it from Ebay. Thats where I ordered hubbys LG Choc and the codes are super cheap. His phone happened to be unlocked on Ebay already though. I swear JA disappoints me sometimes with this craziness.

Lita I agree. And tell hubby not to feel bad about his phone going missing. I have a few friends that were in that same boat. All now (and it's been 6 months) I never ship anyting during the holidays to Jamaica. NEVAH!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hello Ladies -

I hope everyone is doing well. I went to DC for a week and when I got back there was no way of keeping up with all your posts!! I was so behind!

I just wanted to tell everyone my GOOD NEWS!! I got an e-mail yesterday and my I129f has been Approved!!! 49 days since I sent it to VSC! I was so happy I screamed!!!

I am going to St Lucia in April for a couple weeks - I wish the rest would go as fast and I could be there for an interview and take him home with me!!!

So I pray you all have good news and happy days in your neck of the woods!!!

Irie,

Cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Yeah sometimes folks in JA are sooo greedy that there prices make no sense. Those unlocking devices cost one standard fee, so to unlock any type of phone shouldnt make a difference.

When I went into the Digicel store in Ochi, I was totally amazed at the prices for some of the most simple looking phones. I could really make a killing there if I took some phones over. The iphone is going for over $700 there and Ray said they are really selling. Here they are only $399. It's awful.

Sunny,

I noticed the same thing. Don't even get me started on computer and laptops.

Hello Ladies -

I hope everyone is doing well. I went to DC for a week and when I got back there was no way of keeping up with all your posts!! I was so behind!

I just wanted to tell everyone my GOOD NEWS!! I got an e-mail yesterday and my I129f has been Approved!!! 49 days since I sent it to VSC! I was so happy I screamed!!!

I am going to St Lucia in April for a couple weeks - I wish the rest would go as fast and I could be there for an interview and take him home with me!!!

Irie,

Cat

You should have linked up. We would have taken you to CROSSROAD Club.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Sunny,

I noticed the same thing. Don't even get me started on computer and laptops.

Hello Ladies -

Irie,

Cat

You should have linked up. We would have taken you to CROSSROAD Club.

I used to live down that way and went a couple times. I would have loved to gone! I went for a work thing ... Gala at the Italian Embassy (so posh LOL) and I spent the rest of the time at museums and the zoo with my daughter. I love to party when I am there but had some momma time on this trip...

I usually go to Timehri in Adam's Morgan...ever been?

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Hello Ladies -

Irie,

Cat

Congrats Irie, wonderful news..... We were just talking about how VSC has been working pretty fast. Hope you had a great time in DC. I work in DC and it's been really cold and windy lately. Today is a little better, but next week it's suppose to get into the 60's.

That's so true Lawny, we could have done that!!!! :dance:

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Thanks baby gurl...how u up so earli and u deh exercise and ave KEN inah di kitchen a cook, but unu easy

Mawning Lawny,

Yeah Man...Mama haffi guh workout before Mi siddung fuh mi big Saturday Morning breakfast...mi ope seh Ken mek som porridge!! Em bettah hurry up...mi soon done wid deh Gym! Han come home han nyam hup halla deh calories mi just burn hoff! :lol::lol:

Bless,

Gill

P.S.---GURL, CHECK OUT THIS LINK...#######!?!?!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=113407&hl=

NOW VSC decides to move at lightening pace!! (It's alright...G-d nuh duh nothing before it's time!) Gurl...yuh NOA2 should be RIGHT around the corner!!! :thumbs: FUH REAL!!!!

Gill,

Mi no know wah mi woudah duh widout u and Tonisha. Mi find out yesterday that they planning surprise engagement party for me, dem nevah sure when mi did a come. So, I only told his auntie since a dem a do the arangements. Marcel has no idea I'll be there next month. Im ago drive mi bad, bout mi tek 6 months fi come see im again. He think I'm coming back in JUNE...everi time im a mad up imself mi just a laugh. Girl his family loves me and I love them di same (except for the bbclatt AUNTIE) weh deh a New York...bout she a come a parti (fi wah) (******kissteeth***)

Ahh, that's sweet Lawny! He will have such a nice surprise!

Bless,

Gill

I hope so Gill. All his people kool but di one auntie. Bout mi ago tun im inna one yard bway. Might tun im inna sintin else :devil: ( ah joke)...damn I been at work since 5am. How do you politely tell someone they need to wear A LOT more dedoradant or to drink a gallon of listerine. OMG....I have to endure this for 9 hours. Please pray for me. Mi ave mi nice fry fish and bammi weh come fram Jamaica last night and mi no wah eat eeh.

Why yuh nuh waan fi eatie? Eat yuh breakfast yah Gurl!!

Wat time yuh a wuk til?

Bless,

Gill

Gurl,

They want mi to stay until 8pm, but I've been here since 5 dis mawnin. I have to go to California in a few weeks to help with a presentation and I do not want to go. I hate to FLY and I'll be there for almost 8 days. Cho man...mi jus wah go home and relax a little. Just sidung pon di beach all day and drink some TEA :thumbs:

Aw Lawny, yuh com a California?! Yuh kno yuh cyan check out me or Sonny or Jonesie. :blush:

Yes, company I'll need it. I've not been to CA since 2003 (not fun flying cross country 5 months pregnant) and they didn't have anyone to cover me. I'll let ya'll know, when I'm leaving. That's if they don't switch me to another conference. I'm so tired of this. I'm not getting paid ($$$) to do what I'm doing.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone up here plan to be in JA around the Easter holiday? It will be my 1st time down there during Easter...My husband is so excited because he wants me to go to all the Easter parties, the carnival in town, etc. It seems exciting enough...but somehow I always end up sleeping alot in JA...it must be the easiness of it all... :thumbs:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Yeah I was gonna tell you to unlock it from Ebay. Thats where I ordered hubbys LG Choc and the codes are super cheap. His phone happened to be unlocked on Ebay already though. I swear JA disappoints me sometimes with this craziness.

Lita I agree. And tell hubby not to feel bad about his phone going missing. I have a few friends that were in that same boat. All now (and it's been 6 months) I never ship anyting during the holidays to Jamaica. NEVAH!

Man I wish I knew not to ship during the holidays too. I heard about this stuff happening but it sucks when it happens to you.

Oh and Sunny,

I've noticed so many issues with price hikes in JA its just sad. Whether its food, electronics, home goods, clothing...everything is WAAAY higher than here, and the people make a fraction of what we make her in the States on their jobs! So sad! I would order everthing on Ebay if I lived out there.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hello Ladies -

Irie,

Cat

Congrats Irie, wonderful news..... We were just talking about how VSC has been working pretty fast. Hope you had a great time in DC. I work in DC and it's been really cold and windy lately. Today is a little better, but next week it's suppose to get into the 60's.

That's so true Lawny, we could have done that!!!! :dance:

Wow! So happy to hear about your approval. But at the same time it depresses me :crying: . cause I've been waiting over 4 months and nothing! I'm sure you'll have an interview before you get to the 4 month mark and I'll probably still be waiting for an NOA2, so count your blessing hun, cause you are really ahead of the pack. Most folks whether K1, K3 or CR/IR1 have been waiting 5 -7 months for an NOA2.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Does anyone up here plan to be in JA around the Easter holiday? It will be my 1st time down there during Easter...My husband is so excited because he wants me to go to all the Easter parties, the carnival in town, etc. It seems exciting enough...but somehow I always end up sleeping alot in JA...it must be the easiness of it all... :thumbs:

Mrs. P -

Don't feel bad. That's all I do when I go home, but it's because I party hard. And I don't have to get up and go to work. My fiance house is on a hillside and when the sea breeze hits the bedroom I'm done. I'll wake up eat breakfast and go to sleep unti 2pm. My last trip in November was crazy, because I was from one end of the island to the other the first 4 days. This time, I'm going to relax as much as I can. If I can get through this engagement party that I'm not suppose to know about. I love the way Jamaicans plan things without confering with you first. :angry:

tep aff a mi name

Man I wish I knew not to ship during the holidays too. I heard about this stuff happening but it sucks when it happens to you.

Oh and Sunny,

I've noticed so many issues with price hikes in JA its just sad. Whether its food, electronics, home goods, clothing...everything is WAAAY higher than here, and the people make a fraction of what we make her in the States on their jobs! So sad! I would order everthing on Ebay if I lived out there.

You know back in the day, people use to send CASH in the mail. We use to put it in carbon paper. What a stress...and I remember when everyone use to line up to use to pay from to call the states. Wow, what a way life a yard change. Now, I can't stand it. My little cousins know how to make their cells phones do things that I have no clue about. Mi jus want one weh can mek and receive calls.

tep aff a mi name

Oh and Sunny,

Most people won't ship to Jamaica and you can't use PayPal from Jamaica either. Again, you would also get hit for customs even if you DID manage to order!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

That's true JaEnglish, Ebay would not be a good source to use from JA. When I was in Target on black friday, there was this JA guy that was running around with the shopping cart buying all the dvd players that were on sale for $25. He must of had about 30 in his basket. I said you must be sending them home and he was like yes I am. lol Now I wonder how he was going to do that. Unless he had a hook up through customs, it's wasn't worth it.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

That's true JaEnglish, Ebay would not be a good source to use from JA. When I was in Target on black friday, there was this JA guy that was running around with the shopping cart buying all the dvd players that were on sale for $25. He must of had about 30 in his basket. I said you must be sending them home and he was like yes I am. lol Now I wonder how he was going to do that. Unless he had a hook up through customs, it's wasn't worth it.

Sunny,

We if you have the hook up that's the only way or CUSTOMS will slam you. I think another way around that is if you're moving home and shipping a container. My aunt send her entire household from queens that way and her cars. I'm telling you, some Jamaican don't throw away anything. I just sat there and watch the poor movers. Some of the furniture whe was taking home was from the early 70s. Sometime it's better to just by things out there. We're blessed ot have a aunt in FL that has a shipping business, so, sometimes we go that route. My dad is retiring in 2 years and he has already started to send thing down. CUSTOMS is a PAIN IN THE a$$.

I've brought home DVD players in my suitcase. Laptops,. I've not been so lucky now. I always get this awful woman who send me to go get inspected and she stands there like a DAMN hound dog. Thanksgiving last year I went down for a wedding and they took every damn thing out my suitcase. I was not happy. So, I had to make up noise and ask for a supervisor. She had my things falling on the floor. She let my bridesmaid dress hit the floor. CUSTOMER SERVICE stunk 100%...supervisor had her and another person put the things back in my suitcase. They were all over the place. I was so embrassed.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.