Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill, you so right about everi rahtid ting being slow a yard. Don't laugh, but Marcel just get the last 2 valentines day card dat mi mail the third week a January. Mi caan believe, well yes I can. An im right near mobay...mi no understand at all. Mi learn a lesson, mi naw send nutin FEDEX again...mi use DHL...FEDEX ask to much rass questions and wah too much paper wurk fi fill out.

Gurl,

Puh-lease DUH nuh baddi start mi pon DAT dis mawning!! Ken mailed my v-day card & Rude Gyal CD-Ken mix fuh mi inna mid -January!! It STILL NUH REACH YET!!!!!!!!!!! I am so DYAM vex!! Plus, I STILL HAVE YET TO RECEIVE MY PACKET #4!! Thank G-d my bosses don't need proof so I can take leave and guh dung fuh deh interview.

My Dad said he doesn't think JA, mail system has paid their fees for international delivery so all external mail is PON HOLD!!! IS WAT KINDDA PHOCKERY DAT!?!?!?!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...cho! :angry:

Gill

I mailed hubby a phone in Dec. Never got to him..I'm sure somebody stole it. :angry: That pisses me off, cause it cost some money to send it and buy the stupid phone that I coulda just brought down with me in Feb. Hubby has high hopes for it showing up still :blush: , bless his little heart. I think he just doesnt want to believe his money went down the drain.

Oh and the package I sent his mom in Dec came back to me in Feb!! I ended up just taking it to her in person.

AND>>>>When hubby sent me a gift from JA for Christmas.....it got to me in 2 DAYS!!! He sent it via DHL or something like that. That was amazing how fast it got to me.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Has anyone ever been taken into a room in Jamaica for questioning about why you travel to JA so often? One of my girlfriends has to go through this every since she told them she was dating a guy that lived there. Just curious...

I have never heard of this, and I have NEVER encountered this problem...and I have been going down there every 2 or 3 months for the last 3 years! Every time I would go, I would say I was visiting my boyfriend/fiance, and it was never a problem. They would ask me where and I would give his address, and they'd just say "enjoy your stay." And now that I say I'm staying with my husband, I guess there's no reason to question anything...That definitely is strange though.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Ok, so mi still deh pon di couch ....i had a apple sauce, canned pineapple, and pisa cane wid some coconut water last night thank you God it didn't come back up so that was my ONLY meal yesterday at 10pm...just before that I was spewing and started spewing blood :o i started freaking out hubby was freaking out..bawling long crocodile tears all a dat...mi call mi doc 1sec him call mi back...."Kimmy, what's going on"..Dr.C iahahaablah blah..bawling all a dat "Shau, listen is it getting worse ?" yes Dr..hmm "have we tried the steriods ?" no, whats ur pharmacy # i'll call some in for you blah blah blah..."dr.what r the side effects ? "they r perfectly safe no harm, just a bunch of pilss that r annoying to take" :cry: ok.."Kimmy, u r not scaring me, this happens the blood is not coming from ur stomach but rather the blood vessels in the back of ur throat, that has been irritated and is bleeding when u stress them"..."if the Zofran does not work over the weekend..come in on Monday, we proly need to set u up on intravenous" :o what r u kidding...ok i'll try and see this week.....

bwoy mi a tell yuh...mi did done yesterday...i was a mess...i pray this is the tale end of this and in 2 wks..rather today will be no more....

Oh my gosh Kim Kim! I am so sorry to hear all this! I can only imagine how Kashi a feel suh. U know i had to take steroids before...they arent bad, and work really fast. They taste like metal though and hard to get the taste out yuh mouth, so take it with juice, milk or fruit smoothie...if yuh can keep those down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone ever been taken into a room in Jamaica for questioning about why you travel to JA so often? One of my girlfriends has to go through this every since she told them she was dating a guy that lived there. Just curious...

I have never heard of this, and I have NEVER encountered this problem...and I have been going down there every 2 or 3 months for the last 3 years! Every time I would go, I would say I was visiting my boyfriend/fiance, and it was never a problem. They would ask me where and I would give his address, and they'd just say "enjoy your stay." And now that I say I'm staying with my husband, I guess there's no reason to question anything...That definitely is strange though.

Maybe it's because she cussed on the immigration officers out on her second trip down, I don't know. It sounds crazy to me.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Gill, you so right about everi rahtid ting being slow a yard. Don't laugh, but Marcel just get the last 2 valentines day card dat mi mail the third week a January. Mi caan believe, well yes I can. An im right near mobay...mi no understand at all. Mi learn a lesson, mi naw send nutin FEDEX again...mi use DHL...FEDEX ask to much rass questions and wah too much paper wurk fi fill out.

Gurl,

Puh-lease DUH nuh baddi start mi pon DAT dis mawning!! Ken mailed my v-day card & Rude Gyal CD-Ken mix fuh mi inna mid -January!! It STILL NUH REACH YET!!!!!!!!!!! I am so DYAM vex!! Plus, I STILL HAVE YET TO RECEIVE MY PACKET #4!! Thank G-d my bosses don't need proof so I can take leave and guh dung fuh deh interview.

My Dad said he doesn't think JA, mail system has paid their fees for international delivery so all external mail is PON HOLD!!! IS WAT KINDDA PHOCKERY DAT!?!?!?!

Gill

I mailed hubby a phone in Dec. Never got to him..I'm sure somebody stole it. :angry: That pisses me off, cause it cost some money to send it and buy the stupid phone that I coulda just brought down with me in Feb. Hubby has high hopes for it showing up still :blush: , bless his little heart. I think he just doesnt want to believe his money went down the drain.

Oh and the package I sent his mom in Dec came back to me in Feb!! I ended up just taking it to her in person.

AND>>>>When hubby sent me a gift from JA for Christmas.....it got to me in 2 DAYS!!! He sent it via DHL or something like that. That was amazing how fast it got to me.

I recently took a phone down 2/14 for my fiance and because it was a new model, they wanted to charge us $100US to unlock it. I raised hell in JA and ended up bringing it back home with me. I had it unlocked here for $30 and I'm sending it back with a friend that's leaving for Ochi tomorrow. That was a total rip off.

ROC

Filed: Timeline

Sunny,

That happens to me more times that I'd like to mention. From 2000 (my grandmother had a stoke) until the present time I've gone to Jamaica at least 6 times a year. It was not like that in the past, so I guess I'm on some sort of list. I don't let it bother me no more, I just let them ask their DUMB A$$ questions and let me get on my way. No sure why they would question her. I would not tell them anything about a boyfriend. It's not their DAMN business. She went on vacation. When I came through Baltimore in December I asked them why I was always being stopped and I was told (1) the amount of stamps that were in my passport (2) the amount of visit that I make in a year and (3) this was the kicker, my visits were not more than a week, which was a lie. I told them my grandmother had a stroke and I'm her power of attorney (why did I say that) of course they asked if I had documentation of her hospital visits I said NO! are you FINISHED. They joked as said (I MUST BE RAKING IN THE DOUGH) to be able to travel so much. I told them I'm a JAMAICAN and that's my home. Girl, at one point I wanted to file a complaint, but why bother. I'm sure they'll stop me again in April when I come back And on the flip side, I get DRILLED when I arrive in Montego Bay as well, but I'm not taken to another room. Sometimes I feel like telling dem bout deem bbclaat. but mi just easy more times. Now, I'm in a bad mood. :angry:

I know they use to harras NATURALIZED Jamaica coming through Baltimore a lot, (don't know why) They stopped me twice last year though. And the room the put you in so DAMN small and they hve the nerve to have you in there with two people. I told them I was uncomfortable with being in a room with 2 men and the door was locked.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I think I'm one trip from being in that room. If she goes down alot, she becomes a red flag to the JA government. Ever since I got married and been going to JA, I get some crazy questioning but eventually get let in. I think its just standard practice. cause you know if it was the US immigration they would probably just reject you at POE. So I don't take offense to it anymore. I've never been denied a visa into JA so thats good. After going through the crazy visa and immigration standards that the US has, Jamaica is a piece of cake....if they want to ask a few extra questions so be it....as long as I get that visa.

Gurl,

Gill

I recently took a phone down 2/14 for my fiance and because it was a new model, they wanted to charge us $100US to unlock it. I raised hell in JA and ended up bringing it back home with me. I had it unlocked here for $30 and I'm sending it back with a friend that's leaving for Ochi tomorrow. That was a total rip off.

Sunny,

WHAT! Was it by AT&T? They can do it in JA I paid $1500 Jamaican to have it unlocked there. DAMN tief dem.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Wow your lucky. This last time I went the officer asked me all about my last few times I came down, and made notes about me coming multiple times last year. Its never hostile or anything, just alot of questions. I say that I am visitng my family and husband and they are like oh ok, but I still have to give lots of background info.

Timeline

Maybe it's because she cussed on the immigration officers out on her second trip down, I don't know. It sounds crazy to me.

Well if she cussed em then......yeah that was her wrong doing. Can you imagine a person from JA coming to the US and cussing the immigration officer cause the officer takes them in a room and questions their visit?! OMG, thats funny, cause the IO any questions US citizens that visit certain countries very often. Its just border security. You'd be amazed to know the craziness and illegalness that happens through borders. Just tell your friend to have a bit more patience.

Gurl,

Gill

Yeah sometimes folks in JA are sooo greedy that there prices make no sense. Those unlocking devices cost one standard fee, so to unlock any type of phone shouldnt make a difference.

Timeline
Sunny,

WHAT! Was it by AT&T? They can do it in JA I paid $1500 Jamaican to have it unlocked there. DAMN tief dem.

Yes, it was the LG Shine and we went to several different places. One guy said $100US but unlocked the LG Chocolate for $2000JD and the other guy's didn't have the code for the LG Shine.....

I just noticed you can order the unlock codes on ebay for little or nothing, so next time I'll try that.

ROC

I think they pick and choose who they want to mess with. It doesn't matter how polite you may be. I just let them have their fun. In 2002 I caught DENGEH fever and I ended up staying in Jamaica past 30 days (Lord did they give me hell in Baltimore). I didn't even know that was an issue. I told them I was ill. I was to be there for 3 weeks and I got sick and was still sick when I returned. They asked me numerous times if I had ingested anything (I didn't understand the question) until after I was wheeled out to my parents. It's just crazy. Oh one, never cuss on an IO...NEVER...

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Yeah I was gonna tell you to unlock it from Ebay. Thats where I ordered hubbys LG Choc and the codes are super cheap. His phone happened to be unlocked on Ebay already though. I swear JA disappoints me sometimes with this craziness.

Sunny,

Yes, it was the LG Shine and we went to several different places. One guy said $100US but unlocked the LG Chocolate for $2000JD and the other guy's didn't have the code for the LG Shine.....

I just noticed you can order the unlock codes on ebay for little or nothing, so next time I'll try that.

What a rip off. $100 US to unlock a phone, you can buy a new one in ja for that price.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.