Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill, you so right about everi rahtid ting being slow a yard. Don't laugh, but Marcel just get the last 2 valentines day card dat mi mail the third week a January. Mi caan believe, well yes I can. An im right near mobay...mi no understand at all. Mi learn a lesson, mi naw send nutin FEDEX again...mi use DHL...FEDEX ask to much rass questions and wah too much paper wurk fi fill out.

Trelawny - I used USPS Express Mail - They say it took 6 days, but one time it got there faster than that - and it was $24 to send an express mail envelope. Cheaper than Fed Ex!

Anyone else have Verizon for cell phones? I have always had them, and never had a charge for texting to JA before - so I use that ALOT - Suddenly, this past month I am getting a $0.25 charge per text :girlwerewolf2xn:

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I just finished shoveling about 5 inches of snow <_< . I am so over it!

If anyone has a general knowledge of UK immigration please p.m. me. I'll be out for most of the day and will get back to you later today.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Michele

Michele I will PM you

I have VZW and they charged my .25 per text as well!! I was wondering when they were going to catch onto that and make it an "additional" charge. Seems like whenever you find a good deal they discontinue it!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mi still inna di couch mon...now mi and Kimora inna di blasted couch..git up dis mawnin come inna wi bed a roast :angry:

ahhhhhhhh...poor Chiquita!!! Yuh give sittin fi bring dung deh temp? Lawd, hit bad when yuh nuh feel well...but den fuh yuh baby nuh feel well pon toppa hit!

Hang in there Babes!!

Love ya,

Gill

yea jus fight wid har fi drink it

Lawny how did work a go...Gill u still have mi JA list right :whistle:

:whistle::whistle::whistle: Baby Gurl...PM hit tuh mi when yuh git a chance!

Bless,

Gill

:lol::lol: better yet mi wi call yuh baxide

Dat good!!!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline
Gill, you so right about everi rahtid ting being slow a yard. Don't laugh, but Marcel just get the last 2 valentines day card dat mi mail the third week a January. Mi caan believe, well yes I can. An im right near mobay...mi no understand at all. Mi learn a lesson, mi naw send nutin FEDEX again...mi use DHL...FEDEX ask to much rass questions and wah too much paper wurk fi fill out.

Trelawny - I used USPS Express Mail - They say it took 6 days, but one time it got there faster than that - and it was $24 to send an express mail envelope. Cheaper than Fed Ex!

Anyone else have Verizon for cell phones? I have always had them, and never had a charge for texting to JA before - so I use that ALOT - Suddenly, this past month I am getting a $0.25 charge per text :girlwerewolf2xn:

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I just finished shoveling about 5 inches of snow <_< . I am so over it!

If anyone has a general knowledge of UK immigration please p.m. me. I'll be out for most of the day and will get back to you later today.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Michele

Michele I will PM you

I have VZW and they charged my .25 per text as well!! I was wondering when they were going to catch onto that and make it an "additional" charge. Seems like whenever you find a good deal they discontinue it!

That's Verizon for you. I've been with them since 1988, when I had a PAGER (damnnnn Y'all remember having a PAGER). The company was Bell Atlantic Paging then they changed it to Bell Atlantic Mobile. My pager number if my cell phone number now. Back in the day, you could pick you pager number or cell number so I just kept it. So, I've been with them a long time and they are a PITA=Pain in the A$$. Only thing I like bout dem I can use my phone anywhere. Even on the subway. I had to fight with them to give me a new phone instead of a REFURBISH one. And I told them if this one gives me problems I'm coming right back. They accused me of negelecting my phone (I think that's what the DA manager said). I look like I had TEETH marks on my phone (#######). I told him to explain. He could not. I told him to cancel my contract. He comes back and tells me, oh, the phone was defective.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How do you guys get the 2 MEEZ pics next 2 each other? Do you have to register a whole new account?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

How do you guys get the 2 MEEZ pics next 2 each other? Do you have to register a whole new account?

I think so. You see I only have one, cause mi no know wah mi a do.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Been having some problems with my son and school.

He started in the neighborhood elementary school which he complained about from day one.

The kids there were mean, spiteful, just plain horrible. He complained that they made fun of his accent, stole his stuff, pushed him around, used curse words to him.

Anyways, there was one boy picking on him time and time again, we complained to the teacher and she did various things, call the boy's parents in, detention etc, nothing worked.

Few weeks ago, they had a math night at the school and I went.

This was the first time I'd actually seen the kids in his class.

Now, while I am not getting at the kids themselves, I was disgusted.

The majority of them had uncombed hair, the girls had extensions that need doing, their clothes were dirty, the boys were wearing some HUGELY over sized clothes, etc etc. Of course it's the trifling PARENTS to blame.

So immediately I decided to move him.

We decided to send him to the school near my in laws house, this time I went to the school, saw the classrooms etc.

He started two weeks ago, absolutely LOVED it.

Came home saying how nice the kids were, he wasn't teased for his accent etc etc....

So you can imagine my horror, when this week he has

pushed a girl who was walking by for no reason

called a boy 'Miss'

used the 'f' word

when someone picked up his pencil, threw it back on floor

Lied about doing ALL the above.

The teacher called me on Thursday night, my son didn't bring home his agenda that night so had no clue until got a message.

I asked him why she wanted to speak to me, he confessed some, so put him on punishment that night.

Spoke to the teacher 10am Friday morning.

Told her about his old school, etc....

Yesterday afternoon when he got home, checked his agenda, there was a note from her saying that there was a boy with an eye defect in the class. Apparently my son had asked him why his eyes looked different and when the boy told him, he laughed at him.

I was so disgusted with him I gave him his first whipping, which in hindsight could get me in trouble, but frig that.

He's been in his room with no tv, no games, no PC no nothing and will stay in there until Monday. Also made him write apology letters to all the children concerned asking them for forgiveness.

But the worst thing about it is how MEAN he's become??

In SIX months, he's gone from being a wonderful kind child to being exactly the kind of bully he hates.

Really at a loss what to do if this type of behavior continues, and also really concerned that he'll be alienated by his class if he doesn't stop this ####### before it's too late.

My MIL and FIL both spoke to him about it, I've spoken to him about how he felt being picked on at his old school and how he thought the kids would feel that he was doing this to them.

Would love to hear any suggestions, input, anything you have to offer!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Other Timeline
on at his old school and how he thought the kids would feel that he was doing this to them.

Ditto! not sure. I've been dealing with some of the same except we went from very well mannered childen to the ones you described. My 9 year old hasn't...that've heard- picked up anyof the behavior, but he often comes home with complaints that the kids are picking on him. My responce is usually stay away from people like that you go to school to learn, blah, blah. The last time I approached a little one for pickin on my son the next day they were back the best of friends, I was more upset over the situation apparently than they were. I'm trying to let him fight his own battles. It sounds like you did a good job with what you did do.

I can type everything but my damn paper :wacko::help:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

He started in the neighborhood elementary school which he complained about from day one.

The kids there were mean, spiteful, just plain horrible. He complained that they made fun of his accent, stole his stuff, pushed him around, used curse words to him.

Anyways, there was one boy picking on him time and time again, we complained to the teacher and she did various things, call the boy's parents in, detention etc, nothing worked.

The majority of them had uncombed hair, the girls had extensions that need doing, their clothes were dirty, the boys were wearing some HUGELY over sized clothes, etc etc. Of course it's the trifling PARENTS to blame.

We decided to send him to the school near my in laws house, this time I went to the school, saw the classrooms etc.

Came home saying how nice the kids were, he wasn't teased for his accent etc etc....

called a boy 'Miss'

used the 'f' word

The teacher called me on Thursday night, my son didn't bring home his agenda that night so had no clue until got a message.

I asked him why she wanted to speak to me, he confessed some, so put him on punishment that night.

Yesterday afternoon when he got home, checked his agenda, there was a note from her saying that there was a boy with an eye defect in the class. Apparently my son had asked him why his eyes looked different and when the boy told him, he laughed at him.

I was so disgusted with him I gave him his first whipping, which in hindsight could get me in trouble, but frig that.

He's been in his room with no tv, no games, no PC no nothing and will stay in there until Monday. Also made him write apology letters to all the children concerned asking them for forgiveness.

In SIX months, he's gone from being a wonderful kind child to being exactly the kind of bully he hates.

Really at a loss what to do if this type of behavior continues, and also really concerned that he'll be alienated by his class if he doesn't stop this ####### before it's too late.

My MIL and FIL both spoke to him about it, I've spoken to him about how he felt being picked on at his old school and how he thought the kids would feel that he was doing this to them.

Wow, English that's a lot on your plate. Well, to tell you the truth, I would have spanked him too. My niece was showing out in school last year and my sister spanked her and of course she goes to school and tells the teacher. That afternoon CWS was at her door. They don't want US to spank (even YELL) at our kids in this country. To tell you the truth, I'm glad my mother beat my behind when I got out of line. It made me a better person. How long has he been at the school? Is he still adjusting? When I came to this country eons ago, all the kids picked on me because of my accent (no everybody wah talk like a JAMAICAN). Matter a fact my brother and I had to take ESOL (it was so embrassing).

The punishment you gave him is PERFECT. I say it hurts them more when you take things away from them. My son is only 4 and when he gets out of hand I take things away form him until he fully understands that what he did was wrong. Now, he'll come and say "mommy I'm sorry I did such and such."

Now, if my sister tells her daughter she's going to get a spanking, my niece replies, YOU CAN'T HIT ME OR YOU'LL GET LOCKED UP...that's what Ms. White says!

Girl, I hope I have your strength, my son starts school in September and I told him he better not be the class clown like his dad was. :angry:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

called a boy 'Miss'

used the 'f' word

How old is your son? My 8 yr old son did the same types of things when we moved last year. He also spent alot of time in his room and all his possesions were taken away. Harsh yes, but I needed to nip that in the bud before it got worse. I also keep the communication open with the school and let them know I was a responsible parent who was dealing with the situation at home, that his bad behavior was being dealt with. Good luck, I'm sure everything will work out in the end. Its sounds like you are handling it well.

Wow, English that's a lot on your plate. Well, to tell you the truth, I would have spanked him too. My niece was showing out in school last year and my sister spanked her and of course she goes to school and tells the teacher. That afternoon CWS was at her door. They don't want US to spank (even YELL) at our kids in this country. To tell you the truth, I'm glad my mother beat my behind when I got out of line. It made me a better person. How long has he been at the school? Is he still adjusting? When I came to this country eons ago, all the kids picked on me because of my accent (no everybody wah talk like a JAMAICAN). Matter a fact my brother and I had to take ESOL (it was so embrassing).

The punishment you gave him is PERFECT. I say it hurts them more when you take things away from them. My son is only 4 and when he gets out of hand I take things away form him until he fully understands that what he did was wrong. Now, he'll come and say "mommy I'm sorry I did such and such."

Now, if my sister tells her daughter she's going to get a spanking, my niece replies, YOU CAN'T HIT ME OR YOU'LL GET LOCKED UP...that's what Ms. White says!

Girl, I hope I have your strength, my son starts school in September and I told him he better not be the class clown like his dad was. :angry:

He's been at the school TWO WEEKS.....Yes, I guess he's still adjusting, but some things are just NOT acceptable....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

on at his old school and how he thought the kids would feel that he was doing this to them.

Ditto! not sure. I've been dealing with some of the same except we went from very well mannered childen to the ones you described. My 9 year old hasn't...that've heard- picked up anyof the behavior, but he often comes home with complaints that the kids are picking on him. My responce is usually stay away from people like that you go to school to learn, blah, blah. The last time I approached a little one for pickin on my son the next day they were back the best of friends, I was more upset over the situation apparently than they were. I'm trying to let him fight his own battles. It sounds like you did a good job with what you did do.

I can type everything but my damn paper :wacko::help:

My son has NEVER displayed these traits to my knowledge.

In England, there was a boy with learning difficulties in his class who wasn't allowed out at recess, my son would VOLUNTEER to stay with him and play with him during recess....

It saddens me to think that he's now acting in this way...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

How old is your son? My 8 yr old son did the same types of things when we moved last year. He also spent alot of time in his room and all his possesions were taken away. Harsh yes, but I needed to nip that in the bud before it got worse. I also keep the communication open with the school and let them know I was a responsible parent who was dealing with the situation at home, that his bad behavior was being dealt with. Good luck, I'm sure everything will work out in the end. Its sounds like you are handling it well.

He's 7, but he's in 3rd grade.....

I most definitely have made it ABUNDANTLY clear that I support disciplining and ensuring he doesn't continue to act this way....I have also taken into consideration it may be also because of our move...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

He's been at the school TWO WEEKS.....Yes, I guess he's still adjusting, but some things are just NOT acceptable....

I hear you on that. You did the right thing. They kids know how to push our buttons. I've had friends who have gone through parenting and anger management class because they their child went to school and told the teachers that their mom or dad BEAT them. There is a BIG difference between getting a beating and spanking. Some may say, no. My girlfriend son is 14 and he went into victoria secrets with some of his friends at Wheaton Plaza and stole $150 worth of underwear, so they could give it to their girlfriends. She told the officer to keep him, because if they release him in her custody, she will hurt him. So, he spent the night in lock up. Next thing he did was stole her car and crashed it. It just kept getting worse and worse. Finally, she tried to punish him (just my taking away his cell phone, and other electronis and he punched his mother in her face. She knocked the hell out of him and who ends up in the system, SHE DOES. They told her she should have called the police when her son got in her face. (#######)...if my son, that I brought into this world punch me in my face IT'S OVER. I'm going to beat him into the ground. That may sound harsh to some people, but that's the truth.

So, English you did the right thing. Just keep a very close eye on him. But they know how to play the game.

tep aff a mi name

I pray to GOD any child of mine never loses their mind and raises a hand to me. Because TRUST ME, I'd end up in jail.

I know only too well how involved child proctection services can get, a friend of mine had the school call them on her because her son said she hit him with a SLIPPER!

When I was young, I got hit with a leather BELT, branches, broomsticks, almost ANYTHING my father laid his hands on and I KNOW I'm a better person because of it.

My son has never needed that kind of punishment until now, just the odd smack here and there.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.