Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How do you politely tell someone they need to wear A LOT more dedoradant or to drink a gallon of listerine. OMG....I have to endure this for 9 hours. Please pray for me.

:lol:

Some time ago, I took the TGV(high speed bullet train) from Paris to Geneva and there was a lady next to me-

well dressed, perfect makeup, but oh my :dead: I was nearly gagging the whole ride. I made my husband change seats with me; I just couldn't tolerate the smell.

DWLLLLLLLLLL....girl this is my co-worker and she's about to kill me. Beautiful girl, well dressed, hair always tight, but faadah help mi...mi no know how samadi caan smell dem self (I wonder how the HELL her man deal wid it) Mi naw lie...mi wah give her VINEGAR fi drink...and we working on this project together in a closed office (the WINDOWS) don't open :crying: ...mi caan tek eeh...mi caan tek eeh. I think all the hair in my nose is BURNED out.

If it's that bad, politely tell the woman :unsure: . As tactfully as you can however. You must have a keen sense of smell. lol There is some sort of disorder that causes people to have BO no matter how often they bath.

Deh next ting pon dat is some people have EXTREMELY sensitive sense of smell! I used to work at Pan Am (JFK) and one of my co-workers there had a KEEN sense of smell (poor girl). You couldn't wear perfume or hennyting around her...her eyes would just start watering...like she a BAWL!!

If yuh ask mi dat was the WORST job for her. Cause when we had to do a flight head count on some of those Moscow and Bombay flights...LAWD HAVE MERCY PON MI POOR LIKKLE NOSE!!!!

The Russian flights were the worst!! Those people would get drunk pon vodka and just be vomitting all ova deh dyam aisles ! Plus they used to be able to smoke pon deh plane! Ay dios mio!!!!

Mi used tuh fell BAD fuh dem flight attendant dem! :lol::lol:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Gill, you so right about everi rahtid ting being slow a yard. Don't laugh, but Marcel just get the last 2 valentines day card dat mi mail the third week a January. Mi caan believe, well yes I can. An im right near mobay...mi no understand at all. Mi learn a lesson, mi naw send nutin FEDEX again...mi use DHL...FEDEX ask to much rass questions and wah too much paper wurk fi fill out.

Gurl,

Puh-lease DUH nuh baddi start mi pon DAT dis mawning!! Ken mailed my v-day card & Rude Gyal CD-Ken mix fuh mi inna mid -January!! It STILL NUH REACH YET!!!!!!!!!!! I am so DYAM vex!! Plus, I STILL HAVE YET TO RECEIVE MY PACKET #4!! Thank G-d my bosses don't need proof so I can take leave and guh dung fuh deh interview.

My Dad said he doesn't think JA, mail system has paid their fees for international delivery so all external mail is PON HOLD!!! IS WAT KINDDA PHOCKERY DAT!?!?!?!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...cho! :angry:

Gill

wow..isn't that crazy !!

Mawin Kimmy, how u do? git up aff a di chair, fram mawnin u a li down deh

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay. I work in NW near Pennsylvania Avenue (near Georgetown). I have alot of friends in Bowie, but they say I life in the bonedocks...i'm just on the other end of the miserable beltway. The Colesville area has gotten expensive in the last 5 years. And I think they're going to rebuild other parts of in the next year. For everyone that is NORTH of DC, we will send you some SUNSHINE on Monday. :thumbs:

I have a friend that lives off University Blvd and I was just there last weekend. That's nowhere from Bowie and maybe that's because I drive any and everywhere... I love the Georgetown area. I went to High School in Dupont Circle and use to walk to Georgetown to hang out. It was a long walk. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Gill, you so right about everi rahtid ting being slow a yard. Don't laugh, but Marcel just get the last 2 valentines day card dat mi mail the third week a January. Mi caan believe, well yes I can. An im right near mobay...mi no understand at all. Mi learn a lesson, mi naw send nutin FEDEX again...mi use DHL...FEDEX ask to much rass questions and wah too much paper wurk fi fill out.

Gurl,

Puh-lease DUH nuh baddi start mi pon DAT dis mawning!! Ken mailed my v-day card & Rude Gyal CD-Ken mix fuh mi inna mid -January!! It STILL NUH REACH YET!!!!!!!!!!! I am so DYAM vex!! Plus, I STILL HAVE YET TO RECEIVE MY PACKET #4!! Thank G-d my bosses don't need proof so I can take leave and guh dung fuh deh interview.

My Dad said he doesn't think JA, mail system has paid their fees for international delivery so all external mail is PON HOLD!!! IS WAT KINDDA PHOCKERY DAT!?!?!?!

Gill

wow..isn't that crazy !!

Mawning Kimkim...how yuh feeling mi love?

Lawny, my boys were just looking at you dancing! They waan knoa why it's 11:00AM inna deh mawning han yuh still a boogy down!?!?! :lol::lol: Mi knoa dem dyam facety! Mi tell dem cause she's ah grown ooman han if she waan fi boogy down hall deh dat is fuh she bizniz!! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, so mi still deh pon di couch ....i had a apple sauce, canned pineapple, and pisa cane wid some coconut water last night thank you God it didn't come back up so that was my ONLY meal yesterday at 10pm...just before that I was spewing and started spewing blood :o i started freaking out hubby was freaking out..bawling long crocodile tears all a dat...mi call mi doc 1sec him call mi back...."Kimmy, what's going on"..Dr.C iahahaablah blah..bawling all a dat "Shau, listen is it getting worse ?" yes Dr..hmm "have we tried the steriods ?" no, whats ur pharmacy # i'll call some in for you blah blah blah..."dr.what r the side effects ? "they r perfectly safe no harm, just a bunch of pilss that r annoying to take" :cry: ok.."Kimmy, u r not scaring me, this happens the blood is not coming from ur stomach but rather the blood vessels in the back of ur throat, that has been irritated and is bleeding when u stress them"..."if the Zofran does not work over the weekend..come in on Monday, we proly need to set u up on intravenous" :o what r u kidding...ok i'll try and see this week.....

bwoy mi a tell yuh...mi did done yesterday...i was a mess...i pray this is the tale end of this and in 2 wks..rather today will be no more....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Gurl,

Gill

wow..isn't that crazy !!

Mawning Kimkim...how yuh feeling mi love?

Lawny, my boys were just looking at you dancing! They waan knoa why it's 11:00AM inna deh mawning han yuh still a boogy down!?!?! :lol::lol: Mi knoa dem dyam facety! Mi tell dem cause she's ah grown ooman han if she waan fi boogy down hall deh dat is fuh she bizniz!! :lol:

Bless,

Gill

DWL...........tell dem mi jus a try wake up dats all.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Arright Ya'll I'm off tuh git my financial statement (for interview) from mi banks han pick up a Hockey Helmet for my eldest!! He starts Hockey practice tomorrow! Soccer start inna 2 weeks han Track fuh deh two ah dem inna April!! Lawd help me!!!! :blink::blink:

It never ends...I don;t know When I'm gonna have time fuh shop fuh miself! I still don't know what I'm wearing to the interview! :blink::wacko:

Chat tuh you'll later! HAGD!!!!! (Have a Good Day!!)

(L),

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
mi still inna di couch mon...now mi and Kimora inna di blasted couch..git up dis mawnin come inna wi bed a roast :angry:

ahhhhhhhh...poor Chiquita!!! Yuh give sittin fi bring dung deh temp? Lawd, hit bad when yuh nuh feel well...but den fuh yuh baby nuh feel well pon toppa hit!

Hang in there Babes!!

Love ya,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Arright Ya'll I'm off tuh git my financial statement (for interview) from mi banks han pick up a Hockey Helmet for my eldest!! He starts Hockey practice tomorrow! Soccer start inna 2 weeks han Track fuh deh two ah dem inna April!! Lawd help me!!!! :blink::blink:

It never ends...I don;t know When I'm gonna have time fuh shop fuh miself! I still don't know what I'm wearing to the interview! :blink::wacko:

Chat tuh you'll later! HAGD!!!!! (Have a Good Day!!)

(L),

Gill

tell mi about it but wah wi ago do...lata mums tek care

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Lawny how did work a go...Gill u still have mi JA list right :whistle:

:whistle::whistle::whistle: Baby Gurl...PM hit tuh mi when yuh git a chance!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
mi still inna di couch mon...now mi and Kimora inna di blasted couch..git up dis mawnin come inna wi bed a roast :angry:

ahhhhhhhh...poor Chiquita!!! Yuh give sittin fi bring dung deh temp? Lawd, hit bad when yuh nuh feel well...but den fuh yuh baby nuh feel well pon toppa hit!

Hang in there Babes!!

Love ya,

Gill

yea jus fight wid har fi drink it

:whistle::whistle::whistle: Baby Gurl...PM hit tuh mi when yuh git a chance!

Bless,

Gill

:lol::lol: better yet mi wi call yuh baxide

Edited by kimmykashi

Ok, so mi still deh pon di couch ....i had a apple sauce, canned pineapple, and pisa cane wid some coconut water last night thank you God it didn't come back up so that was my ONLY meal yesterday at 10pm...just before that I was spewing and started spewing blood :o i started freaking out hubby was freaking out..bawling long crocodile tears all a dat...mi call mi doc 1sec him call mi back...."Kimmy, what's going on"..Dr.C iahahaablah blah..bawling all a dat "Shau, listen is it getting worse ?" yes Dr..hmm "have we tried the steriods ?" no, whats ur pharmacy # i'll call some in for you blah blah blah..."dr.what r the side effects ? "they r perfectly safe no harm, just a bunch of pilss that r annoying to take" :cry: ok.."Kimmy, u r not scaring me, this happens the blood is not coming from ur stomach but rather the blood vessels in the back of ur throat, that has been irritated and is bleeding when u stress them"..."if the Zofran does not work over the weekend..come in on Monday, we proly need to set u up on intravenous" :o what r u kidding...ok i'll try and see this week.....

bwoy mi a tell yuh...mi did done yesterday...i was a mess...i pray this is the tale end of this and in 2 wks..rather today will be no more....

Kimmy, same thing happened to me. I irrated the blood vessels in my throat. This is another thing, be careful, but there is nothing you can do when you have to throw up. I busted blood vessels in my right eye twice. Girl I got so sick of going to the ER to be hooked up to an IV drip. My auntie said to try this, but check with your doc first (TUMS EX-750 wintergreen flavor (eat 1 before u'r meals, then 1 afterwards). My aunt told me not to take the Zofran. The docs even threatened to put a feeding tube through my nose (I just kiss mi teet). I hope u get past this soon. I know it too well.

Kimmy mi deh yah. I'm leaving at noon mi no care if dem bex.

Gill gwaan go tek care a u things. U just have 1 week fi prepare.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.