Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
YW.....on that same note about paying for pretty useless stuff, I just had a meltdown with the phone company. Well, first with my husband and then with the phone company.

Tell me you all don't hate when those unexpected charges happen on your phone bills....... Just got ours via the internet and I see this stupid charge on there that wasn't there last month. It's on Andre's cell phone, so I call him and ask him to find out about it. Mind you, he's at home and I'm at work. So he calls the number listed and they tell him he must call AT&T billing. So, he calls them and the woman there is not understanding what he is saying and can't even find the charge. So, he calls me and tells me I MUST call them. I was good until then. Then, I had one of those why am I the one who has to clean every GD thing up all the time.......I blew!

After I calmed down, I called and after only 3 transfers and repeating the same info. over and over and over again, found someone who could do something. Ringtone. Stupid FREE ringtones which have such small print and always say you are signing yourself up for a monthly charge. He never gets this aspect of FREE stuff. I said he UNintentionally signed up for that and she said it's impossible to unintentionally sign up for it cause you have to go through 4 screens to do so. I very nearly lost it again. Such ####### the way they try and trick you. And, if you don't watch the phone bill like a hawk, they slip so many additional charges in there.

Well, I took care of it. I also blocked text messages to and from both our phones and internet access. All stuff we don't need that keep getting used. I'm so tired of people texting me at 40 cents a text or whatever it is when they can just call me on my already included in the plan FREE minutes.

Whew......I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

Can I tell you that's what I love about this thread...wan hand wash deh oddah! Mi a guh put dat pissa info pon deh list of things mi haffi talk tuh Ken about!

Hennyting dat mark 'FREE' is not necessarily 'FREE' suh jus leave it alone.

Bless,Gill

Please do, mr jengles always saying but u just have to remeber to cancel whatever it was on the the day and they won't charge u. but why do I have to remember, mi no my memory bad allready.

I hear u JG about being the one to make the phone call. texting does come in handy when your battery is low and trying to get someone's location.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
YW.....on that same note about paying for pretty useless stuff, I just had a meltdown with the phone company. Well, first with my husband and then with the phone company.

Tell me you all don't hate when those unexpected charges happen on your phone bills....... Just got ours via the internet and I see this stupid charge on there that wasn't there last month. It's on Andre's cell phone, so I call him and ask him to find out about it. Mind you, he's at home and I'm at work. So he calls the number listed and they tell him he must call AT&T billing. So, he calls them and the woman there is not understanding what he is saying and can't even find the charge. So, he calls me and tells me I MUST call them. I was good until then. Then, I had one of those why am I the one who has to clean every GD thing up all the time.......I blew!

After I calmed down, I called and after only 3 transfers and repeating the same info. over and over and over again, found someone who could do something. Ringtone. Stupid FREE ringtones which have such small print and always say you are signing yourself up for a monthly charge. He never gets this aspect of FREE stuff. I said he UNintentionally signed up for that and she said it's impossible to unintentionally sign up for it cause you have to go through 4 screens to do so. I very nearly lost it again. Such ####### the way they try and trick you. And, if you don't watch the phone bill like a hawk, they slip so many additional charges in there.

Well, I took care of it. I also blocked text messages to and from both our phones and internet access. All stuff we don't need that keep getting used. I'm so tired of people texting me at 40 cents a text or whatever it is when they can just call me on my already included in the plan FREE minutes.

Can I tell you that's what I love about this thread...wan hand wash deh oddah! Mi a guh put dat pissa info pon deh list of things mi haffi talk tuh Ken about!

Bless,Gill

Please do, mr jengles always saying but u just have to remeber to cancel whatever it was on the the day and they won't charge u. but why do I have to remember, mi no my memory bad allready.

I hear u JG about being the one to make the phone call. texting does come in handy when your battery is low and trying to get someone's location.

Yes, that would be true. Our texting issues are employees from his job, texting him to tell him they are going to be late to work or not make it at all. Pick up the damn phone people!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I amazed my husband last night. We were watching "Don't Forget The Lyrics" or some game show like that. The gal made it all the way to $350,000 before she stopped it cause she didn't know the $500,000 song lyrics. I, not only sang all the lyrics she did---without using any of the lifelines (3 of them---she used all 3), and the lyrics of all the songs she didn't even pick to try---you get a choice of two every time, I also sang the $500,000 lyrics. Andre was like, Damn, why aren't you on that show......you need to get on that show.

I am a wealth of information as far as song lyrics go. And, I am not limited to genre most times. Wonder how I can get on that show?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG I feel your pain :yes: I hate phone companies. I wish it was like Digicel in JA and all I had to do was buy the blasted phone and when I need credit I buy it...no hidden charges, taxes etc. So much easier.

Definitely important to warn about the "free" stuff. It can definitely be a struggle to get the point across that there are strings attached and conditions. If you aren't in the mindset of reading the fine print on EVERYTHING it is very easy to get caught up. I really hate all the credit card schemes and the car dealership schemes. The whole "everyone is approved for no money down and only $150 a month for that brand new Escalade" :rolleyes: Yeah right but it gets the hopes up every time. I told A anytime you see a little * behind something investigate thoroughly.

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline
I amazed my husband last night. We were watching "Don't Forget The Lyrics" or some game show like that. The gal made it all the way to $350,000 before she stopped it cause she didn't know the $500,000 song lyrics. I, not only sang all the lyrics she did---without using any of the lifelines (3 of them---she used all 3), and the lyrics of all the songs she didn't even pick to try---you get a choice of two every time, I also sang the $500,000 lyrics. Andre was like, Damn, why aren't you on that show......you need to get on that show.

I am a wealth of information as far as song lyrics go. And, I am not limited to genre most times. Wonder how I can get on that show?

I love that show! The site has casting info on how to be a contestant:

http://www.fox.com/dontforget/

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Thank you. I printed out the 10 page application. Dang....10 pages! What am I giving up my firstborn to be on this show???????? OMG.... you have to write a short poem or rap on the one page and draw a self-portrait of yourself on another. One question is if you had a million dollars what would you do with it and another is if you had Aladin's lamp. Here's my favorite.........."Have you ever created a website or POSTED ANY MATERIAL ON A WEBSITE?"

All that, plus a 5 minute video. Wonder who's video camera I can borrow?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
JG I feel your pain :yes: I hate phone companies. I wish it was like Digicel in JA and all I had to do was buy the blasted phone and when I need credit I buy it...no hidden charges, taxes etc. So much easier.

Definitely important to warn about the "free" stuff. It can definitely be a struggle to get the point across that there are strings attached and conditions. If you aren't in the mindset of reading the fine print on EVERYTHING it is very easy to get caught up. I really hate all the credit card schemes and the car dealership schemes. The whole "everyone is approved for no money down and only $150 a month for that brand new Escalade" :rolleyes: Yeah right but it gets the hopes up every time. I told A anytime you see a little * behind something investigate thoroughly.

I still can't seem to get it through Andre's head that EVERYTHING has a price attached to it. He keeps saying, but it said FREE. I'm like, yah, nothing is free in this life.

I don't even think it is his fault. I think some of the advertising and the ways they allow those companies to sign you up for stuff is really underhanded. What other company can automatically allow people to sign you up for stuff and then bill you, except for the phone company? Have you ever seen the electric or gas company doing that kind of thing?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you. I printed out the 10 page application. Dang....10 pages! What am I giving up my firstborn to be on this show???????? OMG.... you have to write a short poem or rap on the one page and draw a self-portrait of yourself on another. One question is if you had a million dollars what would you do with it and another is if you had Aladin's lamp. Here's my favorite.........."Have you ever created a website or POSTED ANY MATERIAL ON A WEBSITE?"

All that, plus a 5 minute video. Wonder who's video camera I can borrow?

Wow that is a crazy application! So what are you suppose to record yourself doing for 5 minutes? Singing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

Question about this....i don't have children so don't know the reasonings for some of this stuff. But with the genetic testing....what difference does it make if you know or not BEFORE the baby is born. Is this just to "prepare" you for later? Cause once you find out you really can't do anything about it if its a positive test for something....unless you abort. So what is the need to do all the tests BEFORE the baby comes. Makes me think it would stress the rest of your pregnancy out if you found out say...your baby had down syndrome. The can't cure it so why not wait til the baby is born?

That's exactly it Lita..give the option to abort...dats why they do them early enough..I agree though for me I wouldn't abort just b/c my baby will be born with some defect..but there r ppl in the world like this

Oh man, thats really the reason?! I was wondering cause what "good" does it really do in knowing. I don't think I could compromise my beliefs and just abort cause my baby may have a genetic defect. Abortion is a big step and I would think it would take a whole lot more than some genetic defect to make me do that. Man, you never know what God's plan is for that child in your life or others, a defect shouldnt hinder that.

I think it depends on the defect and you really can't make that decision until you are in the situation. Downs Syndrome is one thing. But, there are horrible birth defects that effect some people....threaten both the baby and the mother's life.....Brain issues, spinal issues.......Medical miracles happen all the time; but there are still things that warrent these pre-birth tests and sometimes warrent abortions.

Well thats true, I guess I don't know how I'd feel til in the situation, but what type of birth defect will be compromise MY health?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Oonu meez is too funny! I come on here now just to see what the meez a do. Haha. Gill pon de floor keyboard dem. While Ken laugh it up on de beach. Brownie forever workin it out. Classy either at work ot partying somewhere. Kimmy...Lawd..she pon de couch deh cause she nah feel too nice. I love it!

Timeline
Anyone ever hear from TexasBound??

I think of her all the time, wonder how she's doing...

You know who I keep thinking about....Nynesness! What happened to her? I remember following her timeline cause she was like one of 2 people filing CR1 when i came on so I asked her so many questions. She filed way back in jan '07 and I haven't seen her on here since maybe Spetember. Weh she deh?

Timeline

Bless,Gill

I'm a texting fool. I have it included it in my plan for a few extra bucks a month so ALL my texts are free. Even the texts overseas are free to receive now, and a few cents to send out with the plan.

Timeline

Speaking of "game shows", have any of you all seen Moment of Truth? Don't really know if that is the name, but its where people answer really personal questions to win up to $500,000. Well some of those questions truly end marriages and make people hate each other. They are hooked to a lie detector so they have to answer truthfully to win the money. Man the other day this woman was answering some horrible questions about cheating on her husband and loving her ex still and leaving her husband...then she ended up losing all the money she won thus far of $300,000 by lieing about thinking she was a good person. :blink:

This show is outrageous. Hubby says I should go on there.

Oh yeah, i got a friend who's doing the lyrics show coming up soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.