Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi gone lay dung nuttin nah gwaan yah everybody a look pon everybody cho...by di way any body have an answere to mi question ?

She should contact the Jamaican consulate nearest to where she is right now. I know that there is one in NYC. They will direct her to the appropriate way to go about getting home and getting a new passport. I hope she has not overstayed yet. The teacher also has to take some responsibility for losing her passport. I hope that helps. :thumbs::thumbs:

She may not have to go home, though. You can apply for a new Jamaican passport while here in the US. You just go through the JA consulate.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
good morning,

sus, thanks for the link.

gill, what now u can't wait to get home, Kin is still looking at his watch??!!!

DWL....u a tru YARDIE..........YARDIE tu the CORE

Or she just country as hell :lol:

Brownnskin...mi jus a look pon u pichas on my space and you're BEAUTIFUL.

u tek exray and come back. i wanted to post my meez, put my job nah let mi pon di site.

Yes, Jengs Hospital across the street from my my job (not to far from weh BUSH) live on Pennsylvania Avenue. I'm so glad my friend was at work and I didn't have to wait in the ER. So many people have the FLU. They said I bruised my shoulder and give me Tynelol # 3 to take, but mi caan tek dat rass at work.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

Question about this....i don't have children so don't know the reasonings for some of this stuff. But with the genetic testing....what difference does it make if you know or not BEFORE the baby is born. Is this just to "prepare" you for later? Cause once you find out you really can't do anything about it if its a positive test for something....unless you abort. So what is the need to do all the tests BEFORE the baby comes. Makes me think it would stress the rest of your pregnancy out if you found out say...your baby had down syndrome. The can't cure it so why not wait til the baby is born?

That's exactly it Lita..give the option to abort...dats why they do them early enough..I agree though for me I wouldn't abort just b/c my baby will be born with some defect..but there r ppl in the world like this

Oh man, thats really the reason?! I was wondering cause what "good" does it really do in knowing. I don't think I could compromise my beliefs and just abort cause my baby may have a genetic defect. Abortion is a big step and I would think it would take a whole lot more than some genetic defect to make me do that. Man, you never know what God's plan is for that child in your life or others, a defect shouldnt hinder that.

I think it depends on the defect and you really can't make that decision until you are in the situation. Downs Syndrome is one thing. But, there are horrible birth defects that effect some people....threaten both the baby and the mother's life.....Brain issues, spinal issues.......Medical miracles happen all the time; but there are still things that warrent these pre-birth tests and sometimes warrent abortions.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

Question about this....i don't have children so don't know the reasonings for some of this stuff. But with the genetic testing....what difference does it make if you know or not BEFORE the baby is born. Is this just to "prepare" you for later? Cause once you find out you really can't do anything about it if its a positive test for something....unless you abort. So what is the need to do all the tests BEFORE the baby comes. Makes me think it would stress the rest of your pregnancy out if you found out say...your baby had down syndrome. The can't cure it so why not wait til the baby is born?

That's exactly it Lita..give the option to abort...dats why they do them early enough..I agree though for me I wouldn't abort just b/c my baby will be born with some defect..but there r ppl in the world like this

Oh man, thats really the reason?! I was wondering cause what "good" does it really do in knowing. I don't think I could compromise my beliefs and just abort cause my baby may have a genetic defect. Abortion is a big step and I would think it would take a whole lot more than some genetic defect to make me do that. Man, you never know what God's plan is for that child in your life or others, a defect shouldnt hinder that.

I think it depends on the defect and you really can't make that decision until you are in the situation. Downs Syndrome is one thing. But, there are horrible birth defects that effect some people....threaten both the baby and the mother's life.....Brain issues, spinal issues.......Medical miracles happen all the time; but there are still things that warrent these pre-birth tests and sometimes warrent abortions.

Even more so if you or your partner are a carrier for a defect....

JG -

Did they Tyneol # 3 upset your stomach?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Our case just got to Kingston after a few delays. How do I schedule an appointment with the Embassy so my fiance can drop off his DS-230 and 2 passport photos? Also, what is a choice of agent and how do I get this form so he can turn this into them as well. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the advice!

Just call the embassy for the appointment.

No choice of agent is necessary for a K-1.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
is her father still here? is he legal? maybe he can file for her? why is looking for her passport now?? she wants to go back to ja for good?

no, she is engaged and her husband would file for her...she needs a passport she has no other form of ID

The more the story comes out, the more I really do suggest she see a good immigration attorney. Doesnt' sound like she wants to be unexpectedly forced back at this point in her life.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No didn't think it was JA issue either just used that cause they r in JA

If she buys payless they will need shoes and clothes more often..she has to remember that in JA people have to walk..to get on the bus get stepped on..walk from to bus school in the rain...Yes i agree they can buy on sale or in dept stores ..don't think they have to get cheap stuff just cause they're in JA..that's not fair in my opinion..if she was in their shoes wouldn't she but expensive stuff ?

JA'cans must like Clarks, my hubby suggested getting some for his daughter. They are nice shoes, but there are sturder ones.

((((((((( OFF TOPIC))))))))))

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM THE EMBASSY TODAY THAT OUR INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY APRIL 1ST @ 1:30PM!!!!!!!</b> :dance::dance::dance:

I haven't even had a chance to write yet about my trip....I just got back yesterday and we JUST dropped off the DS230 on Tuesday the 26th and now the interview has been scheduled!!!

I'm making my travel arrangements tonight but I'll be sure to post again later. Right now, me and dave are so overwhelmed with excitement.....we can't believe how fast our case is moving. Thanks for all your support and prayers.....we must be doing something right! LOLLLL

Tonisha :)

:dance::dance::dance:

You Go Girl!.......We were scheduled for an interview on 4/15 at 9am.......Best of Luck and The Good Lord will watch over you!

Peace & Love

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yall are crackin mi up wit theze meez. Gwan Classey wuk it girl!! :thumbs:

I'm teking my wellcoach certification today...wish me luck!!!

GOOD LUCK CHICA!!!! DO YOUR DYAM TING!!!!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning Fam!!!

Hope all is well with ya'll today!! Have a good day!

At a conference...but I'll check in soon...CONGRATS to everyone on new appt. dates!!

Love ya'll,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

lawks Gill, WEH KEN HAT DEH?????? :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

lawks Gill, WEH KEN HAT DEH?????? :lol:

:lol::lol:

morning all ....

How u feelin Kimmy. Mi see di one GILL a show aff...

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.