Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Our case just got to Kingston after a few delays. How do I schedule an appointment with the Embassy so my fiance can drop off his DS-230 and 2 passport photos? Also, what is a choice of agent and how do I get this form so he can turn this into them as well. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the advice!

Welcome LAPrincess. Congrats on your case getting to Kingston. The choice of agent is the person in the states who the beneficiery elect to receive their mail and all correspondence from the NVC and Kingston. Seeing that the mail system in the US is "better" than in most foreign countries, that is the best choice. I think you have to email the embassy to get a date/appointment to drop off the DS-230. Tonisha TNW) just dropped hers off on Tuesday, so she can give you more info. Goodluck :thumbs::thumbs:

As someone said earlier, the Choice of Agent might not apply to K-1 visa applicants. If Gill does not know what it is, it does not apply. Right Gill?

Yeah...I would think so! I have never even heard any other K1'er mention it!

Gill

Is dat the dalla whine yuh a duh Gill? :lol::lol:

Classy yuh just a cum to? We left feh you inna deh oven a warm!!!

Yummm! Thanks for thinking of me. Man how I really wish I could be eating that right now. I'm starved! I am so ready for another trip.

Yuh meez tiyad Classy, yuh need a good yardie massage and a hat bath :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Our case just got to Kingston after a few delays. How do I schedule an appointment with the Embassy so my fiance can drop off his DS-230 and 2 passport photos? Also, what is a choice of agent and how do I get this form so he can turn this into them as well. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the advice!

Welcome LAPrincess. Congrats on your case getting to Kingston. The choice of agent is the person in the states who the beneficiery elect to receive their mail and all correspondence from the NVC and Kingston. Seeing that the mail system in the US is "better" than in most foreign countries, that is the best choice. I think you have to email the embassy to get a date/appointment to drop off the DS-230. Tonisha TNW) just dropped hers off on Tuesday, so she can give you more info. Goodluck :thumbs::thumbs:

As someone said earlier, the Choice of Agent might not apply to K-1 visa applicants. If Gill does not know what it is, it does not apply. Right Gill?

Gill

Yummm! Thanks for thinking of me. Man how I really wish I could be eating that right now. I'm starved! I am so ready for another trip.

Yuh meez tiyad Classy, yuh need a good yardie massage and a hat bath :thumbs::thumbs:

Yes I am so tired, working too dang much and this cold weather has me wanting to hibernate.

Kimmy.... I'm gonna get better at the chatting. I'm always trying to sneak a read at work but don't have time to reply and by the time I get home you guys have moved onto something else :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl, it's called the 'breakdown'...since that's what I feel like I'm having...that's what I'm doing!! But Ken seems to like it...(he always does!! ;) ) :lol::lol:

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Girl, it's called the 'breakdown'...since that's what I feel like I'm having...that's what I'm doing!! But Ken seems to like it...(he always does!! ;) ) :lol::lol:

Bless,

Gill

Gill I love your Meez, she looks like shes having fun. I think I'm change and meet ya'll at the club.

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Gill I love your Meez, she looks like shes having fun. I think I'm change and meet ya'll at the club.

Come on through Classy!!! Nothing like forgettin' your troubles and dancin' the night away! :lol::lol::lol:

(L),

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill

claire, I have been meaning to tell you that your signature has become my mantra these past few days and I get on today and for the first time..notice it. AMEN is all I have to say :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Come on through Classy!!! Nothing like forgettin' your troubles and dancin' the night away! :lol::lol::lol:

(L),

Gill

BUT, FADAH GAADD...a wah dis a gwaan in yah dis evenin...bway unuh a show aff wid dis rahtid MEEZ sintin...mi caan even git fih mi fi work. GILL mind u pop out u BACK...deh wah poor Ken ago do

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

classy you have a pm :)

Bless,

Gill

classy you have a pm :)

let me just say that my meez looks NOTHING like me...except the freckles and ya cant even see them.

they didnt have the right hair. not the right hair color. and def. not the right size.

sad.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

Bless,

Gill

(L),

Gill

WHAT di one GILL a fling batty pon Ken...Oh, I've got to figure out how to use this thing

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

(L),

Gill

WHAT di one GILL a fling batty pon Ken...Oh, I've got to figure out how to use this thing

:lol::lol: It's fun yuh see! But. mi foot dem a start fi bun mi...han mi arm ah git tiyad!

Do wan Lawny!!! Yuh missed it Ken & I were doing the soulja boy a few minutes ago! :lol::lol:

Yes, I 'm a mess!! (But yuh love mi same weh! ;) )

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
let me just say that my meez looks NOTHING like me...except the freckles and ya cant even see them.

they didnt have the right hair. not the right hair color. and def. not the right size.

sad.

Yeah, I know Shrewdie...It took me forever to git it right and unfortunately me in animation looks a HELL of a lot better dan me in person right now!

I am currently living vicariously (sp?) through my meez!

Hang in ther Hon!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Gill

claire, I have been meaning to tell you that your signature has become my mantra these past few days and I get on today and for the first time..notice it. AMEN is all I have to say :)

Thank you Shrewidie. You can use it all you want. :thumbs:

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

(L),

Gill

BUT, FADAH GAADD...a wah dis a gwaan in yah dis evenin...bway unuh a show aff wid dis rahtid MEEZ sintin...mi caan even git fih mi fi work. GILL mind u pop out u BACK...deh wah poor Ken ago do

Woaiiiii, me belly. Ah wha wrang wid you Lawny? Yuh ready fe yuh dinna? Me lef hit inna deh ovaen fe kip warm fe yuh. Yuh waan me put hit pan deh table fe yu?

Timeline
is her father still here? is he legal? maybe he can file for her? why is looking for her passport now?? she wants to go back to ja for good?

no, she is engaged and her husband would file for her...she needs a passport she has no other form of ID

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.