Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Story.....when my mom's (mother) was pregnant with my mother, my grandmother hand a grudge against this women name Ms. Chin and damn if you wouldn't know it. Whem mommy was born, she look like a Chinese baby...all today (she still look Chinese). When I was pregnant I could not STAND the site of my son's father (even though we were together) and well, he don't have nothing on me. He is the DEAD STAMP of his dad...but he has my BEAUTIFUL personality.

This must be what happed with my kids.

Mine too!! Mi younger daugther look like her father carried her for 9 months and delivered her. CHA!!! Mi cyaan stand de man :whistle:

Even worse...my daughter looks just like her grandmother (her father's mother). I can't stand that woman. They are the same height (I'm 5'2 and they are 5'10), complexion, building...everything...it's spooky. My daughter's father and mother look nothing alike...I guess it skipped generations.

Edited by sjb1221

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
No didn't think it was JA issue either just used that cause they r in JA

If she buys payless they will need shoes and clothes more often..she has to remember that in JA people have to walk..to get on the bus get stepped on..walk from to bus school in the rain...Yes i agree they can buy on sale or in dept stores ..don't think they have to get cheap stuff just cause they're in JA..that's not fair in my opinion..if she was in their shoes wouldn't she but expensive stuff ?

JA'cans must like Clarks, my hubby suggested getting some for his daughter. They are nice shoes, but there are sturder ones.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

Question about this....i don't have children so don't know the reasonings for some of this stuff. But with the genetic testing....what difference does it make if you know or not BEFORE the baby is born. Is this just to "prepare" you for later? Cause once you find out you really can't do anything about it if its a positive test for something....unless you abort. So what is the need to do all the tests BEFORE the baby comes. Makes me think it would stress the rest of your pregnancy out if you found out say...your baby had down syndrome. The can't cure it so why not wait til the baby is born?

i guess i would say it is a personal choice...a lot of people have it done if they have genetic problems within their family...some people have it done to know their are any problem and if they aren't able to deal with it then abort...

for me i just wanted to know if anything could be wrong...not because of any family history i just wanted to know if i would need to prepare for something..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If she buys payless they will need shoes and clothes more often..she has to remember that in JA people have to walk..to get on the bus get stepped on..walk from to bus school in the rain...Yes i agree they can buy on sale or in dept stores ..don't think they have to get cheap stuff just cause they're in JA..that's not fair in my opinion..if she was in their shoes wouldn't she but expensive stuff ?

JA'cans must like Clarks, my hubby suggested getting some for his daughter. They are nice shoes, but there are sturder ones.

((((((((( OFF TOPIC))))))))))

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM THE EMBASSY TODAY THAT OUR INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY APRIL 1ST @ 1:30PM!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I haven't even had a chance to write yet about my trip....I just got back yesterday and we JUST dropped off the DS230 on Tuesday the 26th and now the interview has been scheduled!!!

I'm making my travel arrangements tonight but I'll be sure to post again later. Right now, me and dave are so overwhelmed with excitement.....we can't believe how fast our case is moving. Thanks for all your support and prayers.....we must be doing something right! LOLLLL

Tonisha :)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Gilly ~ When you leaving?

Yardie ...your Meez...is so dyam CUTE!!!!

I leave a week from Sunday...3/9/08! Everytime I think about it I get a knot in my stomach!

Bless,

Gill

you are leaving on my b-day....safe travels!!

Your birthday is on the 9th?! Mine is on the 5th! :)

Congrats Tonisha!!! I hope everything goes well with your interview!

Timeline

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM THE EMBASSY TODAY THAT OUR INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY APRIL 1ST @ 1:30PM!!!!!!!</b> :dance::dance::dance:

I haven't even had a chance to write yet about my trip....I just got back yesterday and we JUST dropped off the DS230 on Tuesday the 26th and now the interview has been scheduled!!!

I'm making my travel arrangements tonight but I'll be sure to post again later. Right now, me and dave are so overwhelmed with excitement.....we can't believe how fast our case is moving. Thanks for all your support and prayers.....we must be doing something right! LOLLLL

that is great news!!!!!!!! i know you were wanting a interview soon!!!!congratz!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM THE EMBASSY TODAY THAT OUR INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY APRIL 1ST @ 1:30PM!!!!!!!</b> :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats :dance:

Timeline

I leave a week from Sunday...3/9/08! Everytime I think about it I get a knot in my stomach!

Bless,

Gill

you are leaving on my b-day....safe travels!!

Your birthday is on the 9th?! Mine is on the 5th! :)

Congrats Tonisha!!! I hope everything goes well with your interview!

yup i will be the big 2-6 :yes:

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Mi mussa miss dis somehow...Thanks Gilly :)

Yuh leave soon...mi jealous bad...have a few birthday drinks fi mi :yes:

oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

Question about this....i don't have children so don't know the reasonings for some of this stuff. But with the genetic testing....what difference does it make if you know or not BEFORE the baby is born. Is this just to "prepare" you for later? Cause once you find out you really can't do anything about it if its a positive test for something....unless you abort. So what is the need to do all the tests BEFORE the baby comes. Makes me think it would stress the rest of your pregnancy out if you found out say...your baby had down syndrome. The can't cure it so why not wait til the baby is born?

That's exactly it Lita..give the option to abort...dats why they do them early enough..I agree though for me I wouldn't abort just b/c my baby will be born with some defect..but there r ppl in the world like this

Agreed. I wouldn't either(abort) but there are some defects that will cause poor quailty of life or death anyways. If you have a history of any of the more serious defects. I think people should be tested before they concieve. To find out if they are a carrier, and the possiblity of passing it on to thier child. Other wise I'm like you wondering what the point is. There would be no point to test after the baby's born, in most serious cases it would be obvious.

one more thing to add i dont see how there could be an issue with woman underwear in the wash or anywhere as they dont have a problem touchin body parts that go in those dirty undies lol now do they ha!

Ha ha No they don't. Surely not mine.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yes they do,

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

You'll be alright Gill. You know we got your back and will be sending positive vibes your way that day. Just humble yourself and pray to the almighty for strength and he will carry you through. :thumbs::thumbs:

Story.....when my mom's (mother) was pregnant with my mother, my grandmother hand a grudge against this women name Ms. Chin and damn if you wouldn't know it. Whem mommy was born, she look like a Chinese baby...all today (she still look Chinese). When I was pregnant I could not STAND the site of my son's father (even though we were together) and well, he don't have nothing on me. He is the DEAD STAMP of his dad...but he has my BEAUTIFUL personality.

Brownskinn, me wan yuh meez. Luv hit :thumbs::thumbs:

Why yuh change the nurse meez as soon as me tell yuh me like har? :crying::crying:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.