Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Jomo, you there? You ready for this.......we freaking failed the interview!!!!!!!!

I am so upset right now.

Everything was going okay, until the officer opened my passport and started quizzing my husband about my travel. Now to give you some background, I travel for work. CONSTANTLY. Never the same place twice. In the last 18 months, I have been to Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Rebublic, Miami, Palm Springs (CA) , Boston, Bahamas, Capri (Italy), Scotland, London, Paris, The Florida Keys, Argentina, Rome and Switzerland. I am somewhere different every month. The agent asked him what places (Internationally) I went, and the corresponding month in which I went. I can't even flipping remember that myself!!!!! Of course he couldn't put it all together. Oh, that sinking feeling. After he couldn't put a few trips to the appropriate months, the guy got really hard on us. He found it impossible to beleive that "your wife was out of the country for 10 days, and you don't know where she was" It was horrible. My husband is forgetful, and then he was nervous on top of it. The agent then sent him out of the room, and he asked me if I "knew what I was getting into". He made insinuations that Visa Fraud was "very common" in these instances and perhaps he is "just using me." He went as far as to say that maybe he will dissappear after he gets his green card. I just sat there crying. I begged him to just keep asking questions, but he said he's out of time. With regards to all of our documation, he said that anyone could "fabricate" those. We have to go back for a more in depth interview in 6 months, but this is a BIG BLACK mark on our record. I can't even believe that this could happen. Because of a bad memory. Anyone heard anything like this before? Should we get a lawyer?

I hope nobody gets upset about me posting in here... I follow this thread as you guys are the only group from within the english speaking caribbean available on this site.

Well, here it goes!!!

I really doubt that the Immigration officer actually expected your husband to actually give him the months and your whereabouts for the last 18 months. You said that you are away every other week. That would mean that you are have been away at least 36 times over that time period. Even if your husband had answered the question accurately, I think that this would also pose a problem. Why would your husband want to keep this sort of information in him mind!!! Afterall, he is not investigating you...

I think the real issue here is that since you are away so often, the immigration officer is wondering how the two of you are able to maintain a relationship with the two of you being apart so often. Hence, the question of whether your husband actually knows you. I might be completely wrong on this but I highly doubt that the interviewer would be trying to test your husband's memory as opposed to the validity of your marriage.

Nb: I hope my post doesn't come out as being offensive. It's just my perspective on the situation...

Good luck on your next interview...

Hey.......I just saw your timeline......congrats on the visa in hand!

And, you are welcome on here anytime. We are not some exclusive club! I hang around MENA quite a bit too just cause I like how they talk to one another (and ironically, the rumors those women hear about their men are very similar to what I hear all too often about JA men!) .

Thank you.. for both the congrats and the welcome. I'll be leaving for the US on the 14th...

AOS TIMELINE

02/15/2008 - Mailed Package via Overnight

02/18/2008 - Delivered

02/26/08 - Check cashed

02/28/08 - Received 3 noa's in mail : AOS, EAD and AP, Notice Date 02/25/08

03/11/08 - I-485 Transferred to CSC... EAD and AP still not in online system

03/12/08 - Boimetrics

03/22/08 - Touched

03/24/08 - Touched

04/04/08 - Touched

04/22/08 - EAD card production ordered, AP approval notice sent

04/29/08 - EAD Approval Notice Sent

05/02/08 - EAD arrived in mail

05/09/08 - AP touched

05/13/08 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!

05/14/08 - AP arrived in mail

05/16/08 - Approval notice sent

05/20/08 - Green Card arrived in mail!!!!! Huge sigh of relief...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodnite everyone. Just wanted to spread the good news that my husband has an interview 1/28/08. :dance::dance::thumbs: I'm soooo excited and happy that we're finally coming to an end of the process. Question....I've asked him before to find his vaccination records but he nor his mother know where they are. Has anyone gone to a clinic and gotten them done before the actual medical appt? :unsure:

Edited by CaribQueen

Timeline

Congrats Caribqueen on ur up coming interview .....I think it is a waste to do vaccines before hand....my husband had no record of is shots at all..he went to the medical and only got 2 or 3 shots and paid only a little over $7000JA dollars..just have him go for the medical...that's my opinion

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Congrats Caribqueen on ur up coming interview .....I think it is a waste to do vaccines before hand....my husband had no record of is shots at all..he went to the medical and only got 2 or 3 shots and paid only a little over $7000JA dollars..just have him go for the medical...that's my opinion

Thanks Kimmy!

Timeline

Thanks Kimmy!

No prob ! :thumbs:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

When I said that I was "away every other week" that was just a figure of speech. During the time that I've been with him, I named all the places I went in my first post. I am away from home approximately 15% of my time. Also, the agent couldn't possibly have known how often I'm away. Half my trips are domestic, which aren't represented by passport stamps. My husband and I spend an enormous amount of time together. Besides the time that I am away for work or either of us are at work, we spend every second together. Neither of us go out with out the other. My point was that I go to a lot of different places, and he WAS expected to know where and when. But I don't want to get defensive here. We know what's what and I am sure that things will go our way in the end.

I don't find your post offensive. What I find offensive is that I believe that we were being judged based upon the perceived behaviour of Jamaicans in general. When my husband left the room, the agent basically told me so (in so many words). As if he were trying to "protect me" from being used. I know all the horror stories of "visa love" from other websites, and I suppose I seemed (to him) like the perfect naive victim. Maybe he intended to push this to a second interview from the "get go" because of our age difference, our education difference, etc. Yes, yes, another 6 months to flush out this visa fraud!! I am such a law-abiding nerd that it felt dirty and foreign to be semi-accused of a crime. The whole thing was weird and surreal.

The funny thing about it is that this will make our relationship even stronger. I can already feel it. Subconsciously, I think we are both so offended that our love was questioned. We are a little shell-shocked, and are turning to each other (as it should be) for comfort. He reaches for my hand every chance he gets, and holds me a little tighter. Thanks for the good wishes. We'll be fine.

Timeline

Nycgirl..I just wanted to add that I also think that u guys will bew fine..they did something similar to another girl on here..she doesn't post much anymore but in the end she prevailed and so will u. Age difference is always something they use to judge relationships, as if. My husband sometimes can't even remember dates w/o thought so it's unrealistic for ur hubby to remember all those blasted dates w/o thought...U'll be fine. As u say this just makes u guys stronger....

Filed: Other Timeline
I just got this from Mindy.................

Rhonda update:

SHE HAD THE BABY!!!!

10 hours labor at home

....she had to go so I didn't get much more than that.....she's gonna call me back.

WOW !! I could not imagine 10 hours :o , my babies popped right out, I almost didn't make it with the last one. :dance: Congrats!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
Gill, good luck on your 2nd Master's; I know you will do well (L)

Ditto!!! and to think all for free, Big up to you!!!

I'm, about to go into some serious debt getting an advanced practice degree; masters in nursing.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got this from Rhonda today:

For those of you who haven't already heard, I had the baby!!!

MONIQUE SAVANNAH BLACK was born on December 6 at 6:40pm. She weighed 6 lbs. 13 ounces and was 20 1/2 " long. She is absolutely beautiful!!! It was a difficult delivery and I ended up having a c-section, but seeing her sweet little face made it all worth while. We all came home from the hospital today (Sunday). Dad (Tony) stayed with us the whole time and was a wonderful help.

I will send pics when I have more time. I will not be checking e-mails as often as usual, so please be patient with me!

Rhonda

Goodnite everyone. Just wanted to spread the good news that my husband has an interview 1/28/08. :dance::dance::thumbs: I'm soooo excited and happy that we're finally coming to an end of the process. Question....I've asked him before to find his vaccination records but he nor his mother know where they are. Has anyone gone to a clinic and gotten them done before the actual medical appt? :unsure:

Andre got the one's done he was missing before the medical at MoBay Hope. The nurse knew exactly what he needed. It was cheaper for us in the end. At the medical, he got just one shot.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I got this from Rhonda today:

For those of you who haven't already heard, I had the baby!!!

MONIQUE SAVANNAH BLACK was born on December 6 at 6:40pm. She weighed 6 lbs. 13 ounces and was 20 1/2 " long. She is absolutely beautiful!!! It was a difficult delivery and I ended up having a c-section, but seeing her sweet little face made it all worth while. We all came home from the hospital today (Sunday). Dad (Tony) stayed with us the whole time and was a wonderful help.

I will send pics when I have more time. I will not be checking e-mails as often as usual, so please be patient with me!

Rhonda

Andre got the one's done he was missing before the medical at MoBay Hope. The nurse knew exactly what he needed. It was cheaper for us in the end. At the medical, he got just one shot.

Congrats Rhonda!! All the best! Can't wait to see the pics.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

congrats Rhonda!!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

***********MONDAY CHUCKLE**********

Happy Monday Ya'll!!!! CONGRATS TO :dance: CaribQueen :dance: & :luv: Rhonda :luv: !!!!

Hope Everyone had a great weekend!!

Enjoy,

Gill

Policeman & the Madman

One day a Policeman was directing traffic at Half Way Tree and every

minute this madman run up to him and say,"Officer wha time yu hav."

So the police keep running him and say "yu naa go no weh so stop ask mi di time"

But the madman keep on coming back so the Police get fed

up and say "ah

2:30". The madman then say to the Police "when a 3 O'clock, come suck out mi B@tty"

The Police get vex and start run down the madman widim batten.

So di the madman lost him round a corner near Missa Chin shop.

So the Police ask Missa Chi n if him see a

Madman run pass ya.

Missa Chin say "no, but a wha him do yu?

Di Police say, "him no see mi a direct traffic round so and come talk say mi fi come suck out im b@tty when 3 o'clock come"

Missa Chin look pan him watch and Say

"But no jus quataa to Three now, Wha happen, yu cyaan wait??"

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.