Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:blink: man, some of the things I hear about how men deal with women make me think Jamaica the next Saudi Arabia. Sometimes its pure foolishness that people to this day still have this notion that women are dirty or whatever just beacuse they were born woman.

as if our under wear is any more dirty than theirs...

I agree. That's why I asked if he also applied for men??? Maybe I don't want his dirty drawers with mine :angry: .

There's always a double standard. Damien and I talked about this all the time. I think his problem is that he lived with 4 men and his mother was in and out of his life so he didnt know what is like to live with a woman. He learned quickly...living with my daughter and I....we drive him :wacko: .

You know I think alot of these men have no real idea what really goes on with a woman for this very reason. The crazy notions I hear sometimes are ridiculous. You know i was researching muslim and rastafarian religions, and some JA Christian standards...why are many of them the same?! :help: EVERYONE put a lower standard on the woman. She was considered "dirty' at many times of her life and during the month, was banned from certain priviledges or duties, made to cover certain "dirty' parts of her body, could not speak in church....I was amazed at the similarites, especially being 3 different religious practices.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Just read your second post - Being here out of status makes it a trickier situation - Let me email one of my friends and see if she has a clue - she was here out of status for 16 years before getting her greencard under 245i -

Getting involved with the PD while out of status is rarely a good thing.

what is 245i?

it was a law that allowed illegals who came here w/o inspection to apply GC..the deadline for this however was April 2001

:blink: man, some of the things I hear about how men deal with women make me think Jamaica the next Saudi Arabia. Sometimes its pure foolishness that people to this day still have this notion that women are dirty or whatever just beacuse they were born woman.

I agree. That's why I asked if he also applied for men??? Maybe I don't want his dirty drawers with mine :angry: .

There's always a double standard. Damien and I talked about this all the time. I think his problem is that he lived with 4 men and his mother was in and out of his life so he didnt know what is like to live with a woman. He learned quickly...living with my daughter and I....we drive him :wacko: .

You know I think alot of these men have no real idea what really goes on with a woman for this very reason. The crazy notions I hear sometimes are ridiculous. You know i was researching muslim and rastafarian religions, and some JA Christian standards...why are many of them the same?! :help: EVERYONE put a lower standard on the woman. She was considered "dirty' at many times of her life and during the month, was banned from certain priviledges or duties, made to cover certain "dirty' parts of her body, could not speak in church....I was amazed at the similarites, especially being 3 different religious practices.

:thumbs:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Soon Gilli..soon

I guess I missed the out of status part...that is a sticky situation. I am guessing the attorney route is the way to go.

Yardie,

Mi friend, just IM me disyah.....

On December 21, 2000, the President of the United States signed a bill entitled the LIFE Act into law. A part of the LIFE Act is the amendment of Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The original Section 245(i) was enacted in 1994 and allowed aliens who were out of status, entered the U.S. without inspection, or violated the terms of their non-immigrant status to file an adjustment of status if they were beneficiaries of immigration petitions or labor certification applications filed by January 14, 1998. An alien who missed the 01/14/98 deadline could not adjust his/her status if he or she was out of status, entered the U.S. without inspection, or violated the terms of non-immigrant status. The LIFE Act amended Section 245(i) by extending the deadline to April 30, 2001.

exactly wah Sus did a tell mi bout...so anyone here out of staus now..is only left to pray that the new president changes the law...

There have been a lot of proposals to do so, and they are trying. My friend got her greencard under this - Actually several friends - but this one is a NUT - she was here illegally, and getting up in front of the US Senate lobbying for nanny rights in the US. :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I would try and apply for a new one. If she has enough ID, she should be fine. Just tell them she JUST noticed it was lost so she has no idea when she lost it, if they make her report it to the police.

They don't do lie detector tests for very much anymore.

ok kool..what's enough ID ? she's really a good person dat was forced to make a bad decision they thought were good at the time..so dats why mi a try help har out

Kimmie, I seem to hav misunderstood your friend's situation. Has she been here since a child and now an adult? Is she out of status? The more I read the answers to your post the more confusing it is. I thought you said she came on a school trip and her passport got lost. I was assuming it was recently and answered accordingly. :help::help:

sorry claire as a child she came on a trip and her father i think went and picked her up..her passport was left with the teacher..she somehow got it and it was in transit with someone that had a warrant for her arrest

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I emailed my crazy friend, Kimmy - will let you know if she has any thoughts - Your friend might want to call into 93.5 when they have the immigration link on - That attorney seems pretty good.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

but the thing with the 245i is that many had no idea about it b/c it should have been null by 1998..so when time came and the extention was granted everyone was rushing

I emailed my crazy friend, Kimmy - will let you know if she has any thoughts - Your friend might want to call into 93.5 when they have the immigration link on - That attorney seems pretty good.

brad and squeeze...dem expensive but i will give her all the info i got..thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gilly ~ When you leaving?

Yardie ...your Meez...is so dyam CUTE!!!!

I leave a week from Sunday...3/9/08! Everytime I think about it I get a knot in my stomach!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

one more thing to add i dont see how there could be an issue with woman underwear in the wash or anywhere as they dont have a problem touchin body parts that go in those dirty undies lol now do they ha!

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Other Timeline
Story.....when my mom's (mother) was pregnant with my mother, my grandmother hand a grudge against this women name Ms. Chin and damn if you wouldn't know it. Whem mommy was born, she look like a Chinese baby...all today (she still look Chinese). When I was pregnant I could not STAND the site of my son's father (even though we were together) and well, he don't have nothing on me. He is the DEAD STAMP of his dad...but he has my BEAUTIFUL personality.

This must be what happed with my kids.

Edited by brownnskinn

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

one more thing to add i dont see how there could be an issue with woman underwear in the wash or anywhere as they dont have a problem touchin body parts that go in those dirty undies lol now do they ha!

:lol::lol: Fe real :lol::lol:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Story.....when my mom's (mother) was pregnant with my mother, my grandmother hand a grudge against this women name Ms. Chin and damn if you wouldn't know it. Whem mommy was born, she look like a Chinese baby...all today (she still look Chinese). When I was pregnant I could not STAND the site of my son's father (even though we were together) and well, he don't have nothing on me. He is the DEAD STAMP of his dad...but he has my BEAUTIFUL personality.

This must be what happed with my kids.

Mine too!! Mi younger daugther look like her father carried her for 9 months and delivered her. CHA!!! Mi cyaan stand de man :whistle:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

EXACTLY! I don't get it either. For the record I must say I think for the most part mens underwear is way dirtier than most womens. So it is alright for all theirs to wash with MY clothes but not mine with theirs?! I don't think so :no:

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: Other Timeline
??? Ladies,

I'm looking for help for a friend, their both jamaican, but he's only been here for around 4 years. problem is his buying habits for his kids in J.a.

background: their married and she's 7 months pregnant

i.e. he and the baby mother in j.a. bought a pair of clarks for his daughter. my friend thinks, his kids should get payless or cheaper shoes because the ground/road in j.a. is hard and the shoes aren't going to last long. he then caught her looking at a pair of baby Gucci sneakers and things went downhill from there. I told her to be careful of how she says things because she doesn't want it to look like she only wants him to buy cheap things for his children.

I told her that if he and the baby mother want to buy clarks for the girl (pre-teen) then that is their business. It is up to her to steer him to a more affordable way. i.e. buying them when they are on sale. he says he wants to do for his kids because he's not there and yada yada yada.

any advice??? same experiences??

We buy what takes our money the furthest. Might be Payless, even Walmart. We buy alike for all the kids dem. If one get Payless they all get payless, one get Nikie they all get Nikie. I go to places like Burlenton Coat factory or Marshell's or TJ max to get name brand clothes; when I can, but most of the time it's Old Navey and Walmart for the boys,We just have too many to buy for. My daughter gets more expensive stuff sometimes bc she's tall and thin and it's hard to find cheaper nice lookin stuff for her. I agree if the baby mother wants, clarks she can buy them, esp if money's tight, now if he's been saving to my the more expensive stuff thats different. Cause sometimes daddy's want to do nice tings for thier girls.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.