Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:blink: man, some of the things I hear about how men deal with women make me think Jamaica the next Saudi Arabia. Sometimes its pure foolishness that people to this day still have this notion that women are dirty or whatever just beacuse they were born woman.

as if our under wear is any more dirty than theirs...

I agree. That's why I asked if he also applied for men??? Maybe I don't want his dirty drawers with mine :angry: .

There's always a double standard. Damien and I talked about this all the time. I think his problem is that he lived with 4 men and his mother was in and out of his life so he didnt know what is like to live with a woman. He learned quickly...living with my daughter and I....we drive him :wacko: .

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi gone lay dung nuttin nah gwaan yah everybody a look pon everybody cho...by di way any body have an answere to mi question ?

She should contact the Jamaican consulate nearest to where she is right now. I know that there is one in NYC. They will direct her to the appropriate way to go about getting home and getting a new passport. I hope she has not overstayed yet. The teacher also has to take some responsibility for losing her passport. I hope that helps. :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimkim...mi nuh even waan fi tell yuh bout mi file! :blush: Henny papers mi git mi jussa putti inna wan folder...Lawd, dis weekend ah guh be mi time fi siddung han sort hit hall hout! Lawd, is hit March 12th yet? :unsure:

Love ya,

Gill

Yuh time soon coming Gill :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Mi gone lay dung nuttin nah gwaan yah everybody a look pon everybody cho...by di way any body have an answere to mi question ?

She should contact the Jamaican consulate nearest to where she is right now. I know that there is one in NYC. They will direct her to the appropriate way to go about getting home and getting a new passport. I hope she has not overstayed yet. The teacher also has to take some responsibility for losing her passport. I hope that helps. :thumbs::thumbs:

overstayed already

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
These are the docs they want...I got it from searching on Shaunas link

Application For a Jamaican Passport

General Requirements

Please read the following instructions carefully before completing the Passport Application Form. Eligibility for a Jamaican Passport is based on proof of Jamaican Citizenship. All applicants are therefore required to submit one (or more) of the following documents as applicable:

Certified Copy of Birth Certificate

Certificate of Registration

Certified Copy of Adoption Certificate

Letter of Certification of Citizenship

Certificate of Naturalization

Persons claiming Jamaican Citizenship by Descent must have their claim established prior to the submission of their application for a passport.

The documents required are:

Applicant's Birth Certificate

Proof of Parent's Jamaican Citizenship

Parent's Marriage Certificate (where applicable)

Applicants are also required to provide one of the following supplementary identification documents:

National Voter's Identification

Driver's Licence

Previous Passport

Other Identification issued by a competent authority

Any name change must be substantiated by documentary evidence

A Deed Poll or other legal document must be produced to substantiate the change of name. A married or divorced woman, who has acquired her spouse's surname, is required to submit a certified copy of her Marriage Certificate

Passport Fees

Fees should be remitted by Money Order or Certified Cheque made payable to the Embassy of Jamaica.

Renewal – Adults - US$90.00

Renewal – Minors – US$60.00

Lost/Stolen/Damaged – Adults – US$170.00

Lost/Stolen/Damaged – Minors – US$110.00

Mailing fees:

Fedex – US$14.00

Registered US$14.00

Applications for the renewal of a passport must be accompanied by the expired passport. If the renewal is necessary because there are no more available pages, the current passport must be submitted.

Application Forms

http://www.embassyofjamaica.org/CITobtainingapassport.htm

But if she is here on a school trip and needs to get back home, the Jamaican consulate is the place to address this with. She does not necessarily need a passport to go back home. The consulate will issue her papers so she can travel back home after reporting her passport as lost. She can apply for a new passport when she gets home to replace the old one. Just have her call the Jamican consulate in NYC.

Timeline
OK, topic for today - Jamaican Superstitions

If a woman who is having her period holds a newborn baby, the baby will have a bellyache

If you put on one foot of shoes and socks, without putting socks on the other foot you'll kill your mother

More than two people shouldn't comb your hair at once - the only time that should happen is when you're dead

If you drop a comb, you need to step on it before you pick it up again

Yes, girl, I've heard all of those.

If a woman is on her period, she must not cook food for her man (it my tie him).

Don't use your old clothes to dust or do any kind of cleaning (it will make you worthless)

This is the only one I've every believed and only because I've seen it happen to my mom (don't hold a grudge against ANYBODY when you're pregnant)...you PICKNEY might look like them.

Story.....when my mom's (mother) was pregnant with my mother, my grandmother hand a grudge against this women name Ms. Chin and damn if you wouldn't know it. Whem mommy was born, she look like a Chinese baby...all today (she still look Chinese). When I was pregnant I could not STAND the site of my son's father (even though we were together) and well, he don't have nothing on me. He is the DEAD STAMP of his dad...but he has my BEAUTIFUL personality.

These are too funny. Well I didn't grow up Jamaican, but I some family superstitions of my on.

My granny say nah look in the mirror with somebody at the same time, otherwise the younger person will die first.

I heard about the comb one too. I remeber doing that alot cause the blasted comb would always fall or break off when combing my hair, haha.

Oh and I won't throw a picture of myself away, I have to burn it. I won't throw a hair strand or fingernail clipping in a public trash can either. has to be a private trash where I know no body will sift through it. All these things are so people can't do the obeah on you. :blink:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
:blink: man, some of the things I hear about how men deal with women make me think Jamaica the next Saudi Arabia. Sometimes its pure foolishness that people to this day still have this notion that women are dirty or whatever just beacuse they were born woman.

as if our under wear is any more dirty than theirs...

I agree. That's why I asked if he also applied for men??? Maybe I don't want his dirty drawers with mine :angry: .

There's always a double standard. Damien and I talked about this all the time. I think his problem is that he lived with 4 men and his mother was in and out of his life so he didnt know what is like to live with a woman. He learned quickly...living with my daughter and I....we drive him :wacko: .

When Neil first got here it would drive me :wacko: that he would wash his underwer and leave them hanging in the shower. I would always ask him why he does that when he could just throw them in the washer. Needless to say, atfer a while I just stopped worrying about it. He now uses the washer but occasionaly I still find them hanging from the shower rack.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
These are the docs they want...I got it from searching on Shaunas link

Application For a Jamaican Passport

General Requirements

Please read the following instructions carefully before completing the Passport Application Form. Eligibility for a Jamaican Passport is based on proof of Jamaican Citizenship. All applicants are therefore required to submit one (or more) of the following documents as applicable:

Certified Copy of Birth Certificate

Certificate of Registration

Certified Copy of Adoption Certificate

Letter of Certification of Citizenship

Certificate of Naturalization

Persons claiming Jamaican Citizenship by Descent must have their claim established prior to the submission of their application for a passport.

The documents required are:

Applicant's Birth Certificate

Proof of Parent's Jamaican Citizenship

Parent's Marriage Certificate (where applicable)

Applicants are also required to provide one of the following supplementary identification documents:

National Voter's Identification

Driver's Licence

Previous Passport

Other Identification issued by a competent authority

Any name change must be substantiated by documentary evidence

A Deed Poll or other legal document must be produced to substantiate the change of name. A married or divorced woman, who has acquired her spouse's surname, is required to submit a certified copy of her Marriage Certificate

Passport Fees

Fees should be remitted by Money Order or Certified Cheque made payable to the Embassy of Jamaica.

Renewal – Adults - US$90.00

Renewal – Minors – US$60.00

Lost/Stolen/Damaged – Adults – US$170.00

Lost/Stolen/Damaged – Minors – US$110.00

Mailing fees:

Fedex – US$14.00

Registered US$14.00

Applications for the renewal of a passport must be accompanied by the expired passport. If the renewal is necessary because there are no more available pages, the current passport must be submitted.

Application Forms

http://www.embassyofjamaica.org/CITobtainingapassport.htm

But if she is here on a school trip and needs to get back home, the Jamaican consulate is the place to address this with. She does not necessarily need a passport to go back home. The consulate will issue her papers so she can travel back home after reporting her passport as lost. She can apply for a new passport when she gets home to replace the old one. Just have her call the Jamican consulate in NYC.

right that how mr jengles went down

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Kimmy, she needs a police report showing the lost passport, birth certificate, supplementary ID, and 2 photos:

http://www.congenjamaica-ny.org/faqs.htm#W...rt%20has%20been

Sus, I just posted this before I saw your post.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just read your second post - Being here out of status makes it a trickier situation - Let me email one of my friends and see if she has a clue - she was here out of status for 16 years before getting her greencard under 245i -

Getting involved with the PD while out of status is rarely a good thing.

what is 245i?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

Question about this....i don't have children so don't know the reasonings for some of this stuff. But with the genetic testing....what difference does it make if you know or not BEFORE the baby is born. Is this just to "prepare" you for later? Cause once you find out you really can't do anything about it if its a positive test for something....unless you abort. So what is the need to do all the tests BEFORE the baby comes. Makes me think it would stress the rest of your pregnancy out if you found out say...your baby had down syndrome. The can't cure it so why not wait til the baby is born?

That's exactly it Lita..give the option to abort...dats why they do them early enough..I agree though for me I wouldn't abort just b/c my baby will be born with some defect..but there r ppl in the world like this

Oh man, thats really the reason?! I was wondering cause what "good" does it really do in knowing. I don't think I could compromise my beliefs and just abort cause my baby may have a genetic defect. Abortion is a big step and I would think it would take a whole lot more than some genetic defect to make me do that. Man, you never know what God's plan is for that child in your life or others, a defect shouldnt hinder that.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I would try and apply for a new one. If she has enough ID, she should be fine. Just tell them she JUST noticed it was lost so she has no idea when she lost it, if they make her report it to the police.

They don't do lie detector tests for very much anymore.

ok kool..what's enough ID ? she's really a good person dat was forced to make a bad decision they thought were good at the time..so dats why mi a try help har out

Kimmie, I seem to hav misunderstood your friend's situation. Has she been here since a child and now an adult? Is she out of status? The more I read the answers to your post the more confusing it is. I thought you said she came on a school trip and her passport got lost. I was assuming it was recently and answered accordingly. :help::help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.