Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just read your second post - Being here out of status makes it a trickier situation - Let me email one of my friends and see if she has a clue - she was here out of status for 16 years before getting her greencard under 245i -

Getting involved with the PD while out of status is rarely a good thing.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy, she needs a police report showing the lost passport, birth certificate, supplementary ID, and 2 photos:

http://www.congenjamaica-ny.org/faqs.htm#W...rt%20has%20been

wah she a go do mek up a story fi tell the cops :wacko: i'm sure she has or can get her BC no know bout the supplementary ID, photos she can get tuh..thanks sus

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
I would try and apply for a new one. If she has enough ID, she should be fine. Just tell them she JUST noticed it was lost so she has no idea when she lost it, if they make her report it to the police.

They don't do lie detector tests for very much anymore.

ok kool..what's enough ID ? she's really a good person dat was forced to make a bad decision they thought were good at the time..so dats why mi a try help har out

You didn't say if she was still in JA or not.....

For both.....a driver's license, birth papers

JA: Tax ID card, work picture ID badge, school ID with picture......I'm not sure what else

US: state ID, SSN card, maybe a work badge with picture on it

There are probably more I am forgetting.

sorry she's here..so pretty much she's here w/o any papers..except her passport that was taken.she proly out a luck

thanks though...i'll check if she has her BC

Kimmy,

She deh a NY tuh? Dem no ave place up deh. Same thing happen to my brada friend, but we have the embassy right her in DC, so it was a simple problem to fix. He left his passport on the blue van or shuttle and no one turned it in. He just reported it stolen and took the report to the embassy in DC.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I have heard of other Jamaican men who refuse to wash anything of theirs with the woman's underwears. This makes me giggle every time.

We've always washed ours all together, so I don't have an answer to any reasons.

In Jamaica it is considered dirty not to wash your underwear while you're having a shower.

It would be the height of nastiness to be caught washing your underwear in a washing machine!

Some of the men I know would have a problem with having their clothes washed with the woman's, some don't....

:blink: man, some of the things I hear about how men deal with women make me think Jamaica the next Saudi Arabia. Sometimes its pure foolishness that people to this day still have this notion that women are dirty or whatever just beacuse they were born woman.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Just read your second post - Being here out of status makes it a trickier situation - Let me email one of my friends and see if she has a clue - she was here out of status for 16 years before getting her greencard under 245i -

Getting involved with the PD while out of status is rarely a good thing.

right especially fi go mek up a story..in these days...she proly filed b4 April 30 2001 ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I would try and apply for a new one. If she has enough ID, she should be fine. Just tell them she JUST noticed it was lost so she has no idea when she lost it, if they make her report it to the police.

ok kool..what's enough ID ? she's really a good person dat was forced to make a bad decision they thought were good at the time..so dats why mi a try help har out

JA: Tax ID card, work picture ID badge, school ID with picture......I'm not sure what else

sorry she's here..so pretty much she's here w/o any papers..except her passport that was taken.she proly out a luck

Oh, Kimmy......that does not sound good. I agree with whomever said getting involved with the police is not a good idea at this point. I would suggest you tell her to seek a qualified immigration attorney.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I have heard of other Jamaican men who refuse to wash anything of theirs with the woman's underwears. This makes me giggle every time.

We've always washed ours all together, so I don't have an answer to any reasons.

In Jamaica it is considered dirty not to wash your underwear while you're having a shower.

It would be the height of nastiness to be caught washing your underwear in a washing machine!

Some of the men I know would have a problem with having their clothes washed with the woman's, some don't....

:blink: man, some of the things I hear about how men deal with women make me think Jamaica the next Saudi Arabia. Sometimes its pure foolishness that people to this day still have this notion that women are dirty or whatever just beacuse they were born woman.

as if our under wear is any more dirty than theirs...

Oh, Kimmy......that does not sound good. I agree with whomever said getting involved with the police is not a good idea at this point. I would suggest you tell her to seek a qualified immigration attorney.

yea tell me about it...see what ur parents force u to do as kids come back and haunt yuh...now she stuck

Timeline
oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

Question about this....i don't have children so don't know the reasonings for some of this stuff. But with the genetic testing....what difference does it make if you know or not BEFORE the baby is born. Is this just to "prepare" you for later? Cause once you find out you really can't do anything about it if its a positive test for something....unless you abort. So what is the need to do all the tests BEFORE the baby comes. Makes me think it would stress the rest of your pregnancy out if you found out say...your baby had down syndrome. The can't cure it so why not wait til the baby is born?

Timeline

Kimmy,

She deh a NY tuh? Dem no ave place up deh. Same thing happen to my brada friend, but we have the embassy right her in DC, so it was a simple problem to fix. He left his passport on the blue van or shuttle and no one turned it in. He just reported it stolen and took the report to the embassy in DC.

the thing is someone else was in possession of her passport and got caught brining it to her for soem other crime...no know if she can go report to cops bout something she neva had

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Most of the genetic test have no standard no how u fi a test mi pon something u have nothing to compare it to ? cho

Lawny..wah u did a do fi drop off a di blasted chair..? wah u doc seh ?

Gilli how it a go wid u folder ? notice u seh u quietfrom wah day

Jengs u feel better..how it a go wid Mr.Jengs ?

YArds how u doing ?

Shauna u feel better today ?

Jomo u fully recover now ?

Kim u a eat ? try mek sure and u do what ur heart and God tells u no mek no doc mek u do nuttin u no know ar want do

Tonya wah gwaan

Tricia mi deh yah same way..big up yuh self :thumbs:

Classy u fi post a likkle more regular..get in di groove

English mi love how u pop in wid yuh 2cents every now and den...

Den u gone a wuk ?

Clairey u no tired...yuh always a do extra huh..but a doan blame my gurl

Shem...u just alwasy roll wid the convo :)

ok mitired no knoa weh dat come from..if mi lef out nobody..hush..di brain need FOOD so it nah wuk so right

Kimkim...mi nuh even waan fi tell yuh bout mi file! :blush: Henny papers mi git mi jussa putti inna wan folder...Lawd, dis weekend ah guh be mi time fi siddung han sort hit hall hout! Lawd, is hit March 12th yet? :unsure:

Love ya,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

I must comment on this because i was bought up the same way, but i have a huge problem, when i go into someone's house and see underwear flung over the shower rod. Mi have no problem wid the washin, but when u door bell ring, tek off di baggi dem or please to draw the shower curtin. just my pet peeve.

Haha, so is this why I remember seeing undies in folks bath when I visited? haha I don't get this...why are the undies so dang dirty that they need all this special washing treatments? :blink: I only hand wash delicate undies...and thats cause they cost alot or are lace or something... otherwise I wash them in the washer on delicate cycle and hang them to dry...all because they are made of a delicate material...nothing to do with washing the seperately from others laundry. This is so crazy!! what is on those undies?!!

Timeline
oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

Question about this....i don't have children so don't know the reasonings for some of this stuff. But with the genetic testing....what difference does it make if you know or not BEFORE the baby is born. Is this just to "prepare" you for later? Cause once you find out you really can't do anything about it if its a positive test for something....unless you abort. So what is the need to do all the tests BEFORE the baby comes. Makes me think it would stress the rest of your pregnancy out if you found out say...your baby had down syndrome. The can't cure it so why not wait til the baby is born?

That's exactly it Lita..give the option to abort...dats why they do them early enough..I agree though for me I wouldn't abort just b/c my baby will be born with some defect..but there r ppl in the world like this

Filed: Timeline
I guess I missed the out of status part...that is a sticky situation. I am guessing the attorney route is the way to go.

Yardie,

Mi friend, just IM me disyah.....

On December 21, 2000, the President of the United States signed a bill entitled the LIFE Act into law. A part of the LIFE Act is the amendment of Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The original Section 245(i) was enacted in 1994 and allowed aliens who were out of status, entered the U.S. without inspection, or violated the terms of their non-immigrant status to file an adjustment of status if they were beneficiaries of immigration petitions or labor certification applications filed by January 14, 1998. An alien who missed the 01/14/98 deadline could not adjust his/her status if he or she was out of status, entered the U.S. without inspection, or violated the terms of non-immigrant status. The LIFE Act amended Section 245(i) by extending the deadline to April 30, 2001.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Soon Gilli..soon

I guess I missed the out of status part...that is a sticky situation. I am guessing the attorney route is the way to go.

Yardie,

Mi friend, just IM me disyah.....

On December 21, 2000, the President of the United States signed a bill entitled the LIFE Act into law. A part of the LIFE Act is the amendment of Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The original Section 245(i) was enacted in 1994 and allowed aliens who were out of status, entered the U.S. without inspection, or violated the terms of their non-immigrant status to file an adjustment of status if they were beneficiaries of immigration petitions or labor certification applications filed by January 14, 1998. An alien who missed the 01/14/98 deadline could not adjust his/her status if he or she was out of status, entered the U.S. without inspection, or violated the terms of non-immigrant status. The LIFE Act amended Section 245(i) by extending the deadline to April 30, 2001.

exactly wah Sus did a tell mi bout...so anyone here out of staus now..is only left to pray that the new president changes the law...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.