Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mi gone lay dung nuttin nah gwaan yah everybody a look pon everybody cho...by di way any body have an answere to mi question ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok I have a questions for a friend.

She came on a school trip when she was a child and left her passport in the hotel b/c the teacher had the passports..she then got it back somehow and someone was bringing it from florida to NY and got busted for some record that they had..nothing to do with immigration..so now the things this person was caught with her passport..of course the cops took all of her possessions..now the question is is there a way she can apply for a passport here ?

It's a Jamaican passport?

Does she live in Jamiaca now or the US?

She could try just applying for a new one as lost.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

She came on a school trip when she was a child and left her passport in the hotel b/c the teacher had the passports..she then got it back somehow and someone was bringing it from florida to NY and got busted for some record that they had..nothing to do with immigration..so now the things this person was caught with her passport..of course the cops took all of her possessions..now the question is is there a way she can apply for a passport here ?

Is it a J.A. passport?? she should be able to.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

have any of you used a sleep positioner???

i got this one a little bit ago thinking it will be great....but after reading the reviews....i am a little scared....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2763843

not sure if i should just take it back...

Timeline
kimmy....i really have no clue...but maybe this site would be able to help

http://www.embassyofjamaica.org/home.htm

thanks ..she said said she that they r gonna ask for police report and have her take lie detector test all this stuff...just was trying to see if I could show her the light at the end of the tunnel

It's a Jamaican passport?

Does she live in Jamiaca now or the US?

She could try just applying for a new one as lost.

Yea it is a JA passport..she said they r going to ask her for lie detector and police report or that they did

have any of you used a sleep positioner???

i got this one a little bit ago thinking it will be great....but after reading the reviews....i am a little scared....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2763843

not sure if i should just take it back...

Jamie I never used one I gave the one I had away don't need it..roll a blanket ..how does the baby roll at 1st any way..like mi modda seh just cothc di pillow a har back..she fine :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I would try and apply for a new one. If she has enough ID, she should be fine. Just tell them she JUST noticed it was lost so she has no idea when she lost it, if they make her report it to the police.

They don't do lie detector tests for very much anymore.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I would try and apply for a new one. If she has enough ID, she should be fine. Just tell them she JUST noticed it was lost so she has no idea when she lost it, if they make her report it to the police.

ok kool..what's enough ID ? she's really a good person dat was forced to make a bad decision they thought were good at the time..so dats why mi a try help har out

Timeline

ok kool..what's enough ID ? she's really a good person dat was forced to make a bad decision they thought were good at the time..so dats why mi a try help har out

You didn't say if she was still in JA or not.....

For both.....a driver's license, birth papers

JA: Tax ID card, work picture ID badge, school ID with picture......I'm not sure what else

US: state ID, SSN card, maybe a work badge with picture on it

There are probably more I am forgetting.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow...I was-am stressin wit the older mom ting. I'm turnin 32 dis year not gettin any younger, I guess, Gill look like you and I might be preggers bout the same time. My husband in a suttle way asked me to remove my BC as soon as possible. I have not :unsure: , I figure if he really wants me to get preggers he'll demand it which is what I need to hear to really get moving on it???Do yall agree? I know probably not. I plan to start my Master's in the Fall. I don't want to sound selfish but I really want to get it done first. :blush: but I guess I can do it all at the same time. :unsure: I'm torn ova the situation. Part of me really wants to and de res, well seh heck no! I must be mad to even consider it.

I don't consider my self nasty or unclean but I was taught to wash my underwear out in the sink, while hubby has never observed this, he did see me wash my bathing suit out in the sink while on vaction and had an absolute cow ova it, and asked me if I did my undies the same way. All of a sudden he just stop talking and would not say a word afterward for a while. Then he explained that it was "nasty" or unclean to wash your under wear in the same place you wash your face. That I am to wash dem in the bath :blink: or when I shower. I just pondered over it for a while dumfoundedly and descided he could win this one.

Hello VJ family. Brownskinn - we're almost in the same boat. I feel stressed out the baby issue too...it's an issue for us. Damien gave me until June to stop taking my BC :blink: I love babies and being a mother but it scares me to take one child to college and the other to kindergarden. My friends and family keep telling me to get over it...I have a large support system but I have mixed emotions about it.

Back to the underwear thing - is that true for the men to? I was also taught to wash my undies out but we had a special soaking pan under the sink then we rinsed them out in the tub.

Brownie & SJBeenie,

I feel you on this convo! I'm no spring chicken and I don't want to just DIVE into having a baby cause my clock is ticking. I want to give us adjustment time for our family of FIVE to get acquainted and settle-in first. Plus, I want to start my second masters in the fall.

If Missa Young tell mi seh em a guh 'Breed' mi by Christmas one more time mi a guh SCREAM!!! the only reason he has been this patient is because he KNOWS I was pregnant during my first wedding and it SUCKED!!! Heverybody drunk as skunks acting the fool han I just waan guh a mi yard han sleep!

I want to give him another child because he only has his son & he LOVES children but...Bwoy it is a serious decision! He is open to adoption (he wants to adopt 3!!!! plus us have 1 of our own) Mi haffi tell em dat we are NOT Brad & Angelina!!! Cho...MEN!!! :angry:

But, like Bob seh..."Time Will Tell"

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

You didn't say if she was still in JA or not.....

For both.....a driver's license, birth papers

JA: Tax ID card, work picture ID badge, school ID with picture......I'm not sure what else

US: state ID, SSN card, maybe a work badge with picture on it

There are probably more I am forgetting.

sorry she's here..so pretty much she's here w/o any papers..except her passport that was taken.she proly out a luck

thanks though...i'll check if she has her BC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

These are the docs they want...I got it from searching on Shaunas link

Application For a Jamaican Passport

General Requirements

Please read the following instructions carefully before completing the Passport Application Form. Eligibility for a Jamaican Passport is based on proof of Jamaican Citizenship. All applicants are therefore required to submit one (or more) of the following documents as applicable:

Certified Copy of Birth Certificate

Certificate of Registration

Certified Copy of Adoption Certificate

Letter of Certification of Citizenship

Certificate of Naturalization

Persons claiming Jamaican Citizenship by Descent must have their claim established prior to the submission of their application for a passport.

The documents required are:

Applicant's Birth Certificate

Proof of Parent's Jamaican Citizenship

Parent's Marriage Certificate (where applicable)

Applicants are also required to provide one of the following supplementary identification documents:

National Voter's Identification

Driver's Licence

Previous Passport

Other Identification issued by a competent authority

Any name change must be substantiated by documentary evidence

A Deed Poll or other legal document must be produced to substantiate the change of name. A married or divorced woman, who has acquired her spouse's surname, is required to submit a certified copy of her Marriage Certificate

Passport Fees

Fees should be remitted by Money Order or Certified Cheque made payable to the Embassy of Jamaica.

Renewal – Adults - US$90.00

Renewal – Minors – US$60.00

Lost/Stolen/Damaged – Adults – US$170.00

Lost/Stolen/Damaged – Minors – US$110.00

Mailing fees:

Fedex – US$14.00

Registered US$14.00

Applications for the renewal of a passport must be accompanied by the expired passport. If the renewal is necessary because there are no more available pages, the current passport must be submitted.

Application Forms

http://www.embassyofjamaica.org/CITobtainingapassport.htm

Timeline

I'm sorry mi say Jamie instead of Shauna :) Jamie ur not preggo are u :unsure: ..ahahahah

Thanks Shauna...Jamie mi couldn't find it mi did a search..thanks

why would she need a lie dectetor?

mi no know..cause she no have a police report ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.