Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Washing my underwear in the shower is not something I could ever do. I just don't feel right if it doesn't go through the hot water wash machine.

I agree, that's why mine end up in the washer afterwards. It's just habit. Been doing it since I was a little girl. Just like when I started working full time, I didn't know it was impolite to call people Mrs. and Ms. in a work place. That some people take offense to that. (I just don't understand). It took me a long time to stop doing that. Something are just in me. Like when I see people (strangers) I have to say GOOD MORNING (if we make EYE CONTACT). If I walk by you, I'll feel bad. I guess I'm just WEIRD. And no matter how simple the task or deed, I have to say THANK YOU.

Just feel out my chair at work, the left arm broke off, so they want to call the ambulance. I told them I'm fine. Now, I have bunch of people hanging around my office door. Only thing that hurts is my left arm.

Oh no! :o I hope you are alright! You might want to get it checked out just in case...you never know :unsure:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Wow...I was-am stressin wit the older mom ting. I'm turnin 32 dis year not gettin any younger, I guess, Gill look like you and I might be preggers bout the same time. My husband in a suttle way asked me to remove my BC as soon as possible. I have not :unsure: , I figure if he really wants me to get preggers he'll demand it which is what I need to hear to really get moving on it???Do yall agree? I know probably not. I plan to start my Master's in the Fall. I don't want to sound selfish but I really want to get it done first. :blush: but I guess I can do it all at the same time. :unsure: I'm torn ova the situation. Part of me really wants to and de res, well seh heck no! I must be mad to even consider it.

I don't consider my self nasty or unclean but I was taught to wash my underwear out in the sink, while hubby has never observed this, he did see me wash my bathing suit out in the sink while on vaction and had an absolute cow ova it, and asked me if I did my undies the same way. All of a sudden he just stop talking and would not say a word afterward for a while. Then he explained that it was "nasty" or unclean to wash your under wear in the same place you wash your face. That I am to wash dem in the bath :blink: or when I shower. I just pondered over it for a while dumfoundedly and descided he could win this one.

Congrats on working on my masters. Love to see a sitah working it out. Girl, our men are funny in many different ways. Sometimes I think their being petty. Like last year I went to a funeral and people (JAMAICANS) refused to go back into the main hall and eat there (instead they stood in the hallway) and ate. The area was set up so nice. They tell me you can't eat food in the same room were a dead body was...mi just tell dem fi move and mi go hold mi table and nyam mi food. Don't get me started on superstitions...girl I will have you die laughing. Depending on where some people are from in Jamaica. Some of the things I heard, I just could not stop laughing.

:lol: Some supersititions are just too much for me :lol: I encountered a lot when living in JA...I remember asking them one day to write them all down for me so I could learn them. I got so tired of being called out "James doan do dat!!! Dat nah right!!!" :lol:

Filed: Timeline
Wow...I was-am stressin wit the older mom ting. I'm turnin 32 dis year not gettin any younger, I guess, Gill look like you and I might be preggers bout the same time. My husband in a suttle way asked me to remove my BC as soon as possible. I have not :unsure: , I figure if he really wants me to get preggers he'll demand it which is what I need to hear to really get moving on it???Do yall agree? I know probably not. I plan to start my Master's in the Fall. I don't want to sound selfish but I really want to get it done first. :blush: but I guess I can do it all at the same time. :unsure: I'm torn ova the situation. Part of me really wants to and de res, well seh heck no! I must be mad to even consider it.

I don't consider my self nasty or unclean but I was taught to wash my underwear out in the sink, while hubby has never observed this, he did see me wash my bathing suit out in the sink while on vaction and had an absolute cow ova it, and asked me if I did my undies the same way. All of a sudden he just stop talking and would not say a word afterward for a while. Then he explained that it was "nasty" or unclean to wash your under wear in the same place you wash your face. That I am to wash dem in the bath :blink: or when I shower. I just pondered over it for a while dumfoundedly and descided he could win this one.

Congrats on working on my masters. Love to see a sitah working it out. Girl, our men are funny in many different ways. Sometimes I think their being petty. Like last year I went to a funeral and people (JAMAICANS) refused to go back into the main hall and eat there (instead they stood in the hallway) and ate. The area was set up so nice. They tell me you can't eat food in the same room were a dead body was...mi just tell dem fi move and mi go hold mi table and nyam mi food. Don't get me started on superstitions...girl I will have you die laughing. Depending on where some people are from in Jamaica. Some of the things I heard, I just could not stop laughing.

It's like talking at the dinner, table I believe it's okay as long if you don't have food in your mouth.You-\ know tell me bout your day sort of thing. My husband thinks it's very disrespectful.

My fiance don't like that either. When my friend had her daughter she was doing all kind of crazy things (that she said was to protect her daughter)...like leaving a few dry KIDNEYS beans in her crib when she was born. Dressing her in red everytime someone dies.

Filling out incident report paper. brb

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Washing my underwear in the shower is not something I could ever do. I just don't feel right if it doesn't go through the hot water wash machine.

I agree, that's why mine end up in the washer afterwards. It's just habit. Been doing it since I was a little girl. Just like when I started working full time, I didn't know it was impolite to call people Mrs. and Ms. in a work place. That some people take offense to that. (I just don't understand). It took me a long time to stop doing that. Something are just in me. Like when I see people (strangers) I have to say GOOD MORNING (if we make EYE CONTACT). If I walk by you, I'll feel bad. I guess I'm just WEIRD. And no matter how simple the task or deed, I have to say THANK YOU.

Just feel out my chair at work, the left arm broke off, so they want to call the ambulance. I told them I'm fine. Now, I have bunch of people hanging around my office door. Only thing that hurts is my left arm.

the left arm of the chair broke off right??

It's like talking at the dinner, table I believe it's okay as long if you don't have food in your mouth.You-\ know tell me bout your day sort of thing. My husband thinks it's very disrespectful.

My fiance don't like that either. When my friend had her daughter she was doing all kind of crazy things (that she said was to protect her daughter)...like leaving a few dry KIDNEYS beans in her crib when she was born. Dressing her in red everytime someone dies.

Filling out incident report paper. brb

so when us sit down to dinner, u just supposed to eat??

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

:lol: Some supersititions are just too much for me :lol: I encountered a lot when living in JA...I remember asking them one day to write them all down for me so I could learn them. I got so tired of being called out "James doan do dat!!! Dat nah right!!!" :lol:

Girl, this is the WORSE one yet.

Last year when I went to Jamaica I wanted some JACKFRUIT to bring back to Trelawny with me. I was in Westmorland visiting my son's side of the family. You know my mad rass cousins, would not let me bring the JACKFRUIT in the car...and do you really, really, really want to know why (PLEASE TRY NOT TO LAUGH TO LOUD). I was so FRIGGIN pissed. I had to eat the whole thing there. You ready (BECAUSE...if you bring the JACKFRUIT in the car, it will cause the car to get a FLAT tire). I just threw my hands up in the AIR. I was too PISSED. I told them the get the "DA" Award for the day = DUMB A$$

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

JENGS,

Now mi a feel di pain. The left ARM on my chair fell off at the same time I went to turn and when I did I fell out the chair. I don't want to go to the ER...to many sick people there. So, I filled out an incident report and will go to my doctor at 11:45. Besides the ERs near where I am in DC are all FULL (with people with the FLU) and mi no wah eeh.

tep aff a mi name

OK, topic for today - Jamaican Superstitions

If a woman who is having her period holds a newborn baby, the baby will have a bellyache

If you put on one foot of shoes and socks, without putting socks on the other foot you'll kill your mother

More than two people shouldn't comb your hair at once - the only time that should happen is when you're dead

If you drop a comb, you need to step on it before you pick it up again

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

If a woman who is having her period holds a newborn baby, the baby will have a bellyache

If you put on one foot of shoes and socks, without putting socks on the other foot you'll kill your mother

More than two people shouldn't comb your hair at once - the only time that should happen is when you're dead

Yes, girl, I've heard all of those.

If a woman is on her period, she must not cook food for her man (it my tie him).

Don't use your old clothes to dust or do any kind of cleaning (it will make you worthless)

This is the only one I've every believed and only because I've seen it happen to my mom (don't hold a grudge against ANYBODY when you're pregnant)...you PICKNEY might look like them.

Story.....when my mom's (mother) was pregnant with my mother, my grandmother hand a grudge against this women name Ms. Chin and damn if you wouldn't know it. Whem mommy was born, she look like a Chinese baby...all today (she still look Chinese). When I was pregnant I could not STAND the site of my son's father (even though we were together) and well, he don't have nothing on me. He is the DEAD STAMP of his dad...but he has my BEAUTIFUL personality.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

we should tell this to the african hair braiders

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

we should tell this to the african hair braiders

JENGS, u naw lie. when I had my hair done in MICRO (nevah again...mi musah did rass mad dat day). It took 3 girls 7 hours to do my hair. Mi musah did outah mi bbclatt mind. I will never do dat again. And talking about braiders, di ooman did a eat, no wash ar hand and wah put eeh back inna mi head...no sah...

tep aff a mi name

Just wanted to share this. Those of you that remember that song, ever time I hear it, it bring tears to my eyes. I don't know why. I just love that song. So, if you love music...check out the article.

"Boss, mi a tell you mi can sing you know. Do mek mi just sing one more song fi you." The man saying these words was standing in front of me for the past five minutes, begging me to give him a chance to record an album. Why? I really don't know. He just came out of nowhere and started singing. "By the rivers of Babylon, where we sat down," he belted the tune with all his might while snapping his fingers. "And there we wepts when we remembers Zion."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20080221/news/news1.html

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

If you put your purse on the ground you will never have money. Also don't share your purses with friends or let anyone carry it for you because you are then giving away your wealth.

Andre lived at a church and he had to help conduct numerous funerals. One day there was 3 funerals in a row. I got to learn a lot of death/duppy supersitions.

You must immediately sweep out the church after the body is removed. You must sweep it all out through one doorway. Do not spread it around or the duppy won't find his way.

To rid the house of spirits after someone dies there place 10 coffee beans in the entrance the body was taken out of.

When you attend a funeral you must walk out of the church hall backwards so the duppy doesn’t follow you home.

When you attend a funeral you must look at the dead body or else the spirit will think you did not respect them and they will haunt you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Great topics :thumbs: I'll post my experince soon.

But I have question - Is there anything your SO won't do in the house?

Damien and I share the housework. We both clean and do our own laundry. I do majority of the cooking. My daughter does the dishes. However, the first year we lived together he would get so upset when I asked him to take the trash out. I mean we would get into huge drag out fights over the trash....our neighbors knocked on the door once because we were too loud. It wasn't like I woke him up in the middle of the night to take it out or anything like that. He would simply get upset because I asked him....the nerve of me.

be right back...

Chris will do anything in the house he does not mind. He washes clothes, dishes, cooks straightens up stuff. However when he first got here he had an issue with washing our clothes together and also mention gettin his own towels/wash clothes i just laughed on that note but after we went to my moms and he saw they all wash their clothes together, he was like i guess its ok lol. I admit i did kinda get mad i said are ur clothes too good to wash with mine? So what is with the separate washing of men and womens clothes anyone know?

We had the same isssue with washing the clothes....I just laugh too. He's over it now. Thank G-d. My husband still uses that rag of a towel he brought ova from JA. I thought I threw it away but it keeps comin back :angry:

lol thats cute. lol...i remember havin this baby blanket i could not part with i wonder where it is lol it had clowns on speakin of babies im havin one im 6 weeks and 2 days ! pray for me guys i got those fibroids but dr said that good thing they are on the outside of my uterus but i have 3 big ones. Did any of u have the genetic testing to see if there are any deffects? Dr says cuz of my age theres a chance it could have deffects :(

oh my goodness....i didn't know you were pregnant....you are due around the same time i am then....

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

you know i posted this before i read when you were due....i took it as you were due in 6 weeks....brain is out to lunch these days...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

My thoughts as well. That's a lot of stress to put on someone. I could see if it was done prior to conception, because it can be so inaccutate, I can't see telling someone to abort because your child might have this disorder.

:yes: i agree...i was told by a lot of people who had those tests...and it came back positive for something and they had a healthy wonderful child with no problems....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.