Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

ooonuh si mi missin today...bwoy Shaun..today was BAD no rass...i bawled my eyes out...NOTHING stayed down..mi girl fren seh u nah go di doc..i'm like wah him a go do gimme meds wah mi no waan tek.... it's bad..I REALLY PRAY THAT NO ONE EVER HAS TO GO THRU THIS...

Kimmi lawd mi feel it for you. Girl, I told you (I went through this my ENTIRE pregnancy) and I pray this will not be the same for you. I tried everything (some thing worked), but only for a little while. To tell you the truth, they were going to put me on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy and I was only 4 months at the time. For some reason, foods with a lot of SALT stayed down a little longer and I hate salt. My whole body was messed up and I kept passing out. So, and I know you're tired of hearing it. Just hang in there and even if it ago come back up...try and eat ANYTHING (even if it ago come back). I told myself I would never go through this again. I had a total of 39 doctor's appt when I was pregnant and it's because I was not gaining weight. I can't. Food won't stay in my belly. Right up to the day they took my son, I was vomitting. It was terrible. The doctors told me I was the worse case they had seen in years. As dark as I was, people were telling me I looked PALE (another way of saying you look sick). People could not tell I was pregnant until I was 8 months pregnant. I had a little pouch and I was blaming myself and telling myself if anything happens to the baby it would be my fault. And girl don't let me tell you how many times I was admitted to the ER. Like mi always a PREACH seh...bway di tings we afi go thru fi bring life...but it's all worth it.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Wow...I was-am stressin wit the older mom ting. I'm turnin 32 dis year not gettin any younger, I guess, Gill look like you and I might be preggers bout the same time. My husband in a suttle way asked me to remove my BC as soon as possible. I have not :unsure: , I figure if he really wants me to get preggers he'll demand it which is what I need to hear to really get moving on it???Do yall agree? I know probably not. I plan to start my Master's in the Fall. I don't want to sound selfish but I really want to get it done first. :blush: but I guess I can do it all at the same time. :unsure: I'm torn ova the situation. Part of me really wants to and de res, well seh heck no! I must be mad to even consider it.

I don't consider my self nasty or unclean but I was taught to wash my underwear out in the sink, while hubby has never observed this, he did see me wash my bathing suit out in the sink while on vaction and had an absolute cow ova it, and asked me if I did my undies the same way. All of a sudden he just stop talking and would not say a word afterward for a while. Then he explained that it was "nasty" or unclean to wash your under wear in the same place you wash your face. That I am to wash dem in the bath :blink: or when I shower. I just pondered over it for a while dumfoundedly and descided he could win this one.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

good morning everyone!

JENGS...mi deh yah a wait pon u fi come and start trouble. How u do and how u feeling?

Mawnin everybadi, mi ago start do something new. If you want to join in, please feel free to do so. UNU BOW UNU HEAD...

Heavenly Father,

Please watch over my VJ sisters and brothers who are going through the immigration process. Please hold them close to you dear Lord and as we bond together as a family, please guide us and give us STRENGTH to look forward to a new day and to face the new challenges in our lives (whatever they may be) HEAD-on. We ask in your name dear Lord, AMEN.

Unu can git up now.

and could you add a bit more strength to get through my clinical after working all night.

AMEN!

I don't consider my self nasty or unclean but I was taught to wash my underwear out in the sink,

Noooooo.......not saying you ARE, just saying it's CONSIDERED!!

It's a cultural thing, not a factual statement at all.....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Washing my underwear in the shower is not something I could ever do. I just don't feel right if it doesn't go through the hot water wash machine.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

aas for genetic testing...i had that done through blood work....i even had testing done for research purposes....fun times....but all the test came back negative....amd i just want you to know....IF the test comes back positive for any type of deffect....that IS NOT 100% right....those tests are NOT always accurate.....

My thoughts as well. That's a lot of stress to put on someone. I could see if it was done prior to conception, because it can be so inaccutate, I can't see telling someone to abort because your child might have this disorder.

Washing my underwear in the shower is not something I could ever do. I just don't feel right if it doesn't go through the hot water wash machine.

This is only the prewash in my book. The still go through the machine.

Wow...I was-am stressin wit the older mom ting. I'm turnin 32 dis year not gettin any younger, I guess, Gill look like you and I might be preggers bout the same time. My husband in a suttle way asked me to remove my BC as soon as possible. I have not :unsure: , I figure if he really wants me to get preggers he'll demand it which is what I need to hear to really get moving on it???Do yall agree? I know probably not. I plan to start my Master's in the Fall. I don't want to sound selfish but I really want to get it done first. :blush: but I guess I can do it all at the same time. :unsure: I'm torn ova the situation. Part of me really wants to and de res, well seh heck no! I must be mad to even consider it.

I don't consider my self nasty or unclean but I was taught to wash my underwear out in the sink, while hubby has never observed this, he did see me wash my bathing suit out in the sink while on vaction and had an absolute cow ova it, and asked me if I did my undies the same way. All of a sudden he just stop talking and would not say a word afterward for a while. Then he explained that it was "nasty" or unclean to wash your under wear in the same place you wash your face. That I am to wash dem in the bath :blink: or when I shower. I just pondered over it for a while dumfoundedly and descided he could win this one.

Congrats on working on my masters. Love to see a sitah working it out. Girl, our men are funny in many different ways. Sometimes I think their being petty. Like last year I went to a funeral and people (JAMAICANS) refused to go back into the main hall and eat there (instead they stood in the hallway) and ate. The area was set up so nice. They tell me you can't eat food in the same room were a dead body was...mi just tell dem fi move and mi go hold mi table and nyam mi food. Don't get me started on superstitions...girl I will have you die laughing. Depending on where some people are from in Jamaica. Some of the things I heard, I just could not stop laughing.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

I don't consider my self nasty or unclean but I was taught to wash my underwear out in the sink,

Noooooo.......not saying you ARE, just saying it's CONSIDERED!!

It's a cultural thing, not a factual statement at all.....

Noo not you....my hubby. I'm sure he realizes as well.

I agree, that's why mine end up in the washer afterwards. It's just habit. Been doing it since I was a little girl. Just like when I started working full time, I didn't know it was impolite to call people Mrs. and Ms. in a work place. That some people take offense to that. (I just don't understand). It took me a long time to stop doing that. Something are just in me. Like when I see people (strangers) I have to say GOOD MORNING (if we make EYE CONTACT). If I walk by you, I'll feel bad. I guess I'm just WEIRD. And no matter how simple the task or deed, I have to say THANK YOU.

Just feel out my chair at work, the left arm broke off, so they want to call the ambulance. I told them I'm fine. Now, I have bunch of people hanging around my office door. Only thing that hurts is my left arm.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No room for underwear hanging in our shower.......too many bath products.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good morning everyone!

JENGS...mi deh yah a wait pon u fi come and start trouble. How u do and how u feeling?

Mawnin everybadi, mi ago start do something new. If you want to join in, please feel free to do so. UNU BOW UNU HEAD...

Heavenly Father,

Please watch over my VJ sisters and brothers who are going through the immigration process. Please hold them close to you dear Lord and as we bond together as a family, please guide us and give us STRENGTH to look forward to a new day and to face the new challenges in our lives (whatever they may be) HEAD-on. We ask in your name dear Lord, AMEN.

Unu can git up now.

AMEN.... Beautiful Lawny!!

Bless-ed Mawning Heveryone! :luv:(L):luv:(L)

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

I agree, that's why mine end up in the washer afterwards. It's just habit. Been doing it since I was a little girl. Just like when I started working full time, I didn't know it was impolite to call people Mrs. and Ms. in a work place. That some people take offense to that. (I just don't understand). It took me a long time to stop doing that. Something are just in me. Like when I see people (strangers) I have to say GOOD MORNING (if we make EYE CONTACT). If I walk by you, I'll feel bad. I guess I'm just WEIRD. And no matter how simple the task or deed, I have to say THANK YOU.

Just feel out my chair at work, the left arm broke off, so they want to call the ambulance. I told them I'm fine. Now, I have bunch of people hanging around my office door. Only thing that hurts is my left arm.

OM!...might still want to go. jus in case it start bothering you lata, then they won't want to pay for it cause they'll say you refused the inital treatment. Tell dem people to get some functioning office funiture :blink:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning (F)

Congrats JALove on the baby! (L)

Congrats cejf!!! :dance:

Thanks Lawny for the morning prayers! :yes:

I do the whole washing out the underwear in the shower thing as well. Then they go through the washer with the hot water, detergent, bleach and double rinse. Andre and I talked about washing clothes separately when he first got here but he gave up on that pretty quickly and we would wash together. I do wash all the underwear separately from the clothes though.

Congrats on working on my masters. Love to see a sitah working it out. Girl, our men are funny in many different ways. Sometimes I think their being petty. Like last year I went to a funeral and people (JAMAICANS) refused to go back into the main hall and eat there (instead they stood in the hallway) and ate. The area was set up so nice. They tell me you can't eat food in the same room were a dead body was...mi just tell dem fi move and mi go hold mi table and nyam mi food. Don't get me started on superstitions...girl I will have you die laughing. Depending on where some people are from in Jamaica. Some of the things I heard, I just could not stop laughing.

It's like talking at the dinner, table I believe it's okay as long if you don't have food in your mouth.You-\ know tell me bout your day sort of thing. My husband thinks it's very disrespectful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.