Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance: ..I'm just starting on my MPA as well..I am looking forward to the end to tell u the truth and it's barely started..I love school BUT mi done from 2004 and mi no go back since..soooo it kinda tough to get back into the swing :yes: Gilli go girl..thats fabulous !!...u love fi bawl fi 2hrs don't cause u a go back one more time :)..just kidding...good luck to yah girl

HAHAHAHA :lol: ...Kimmy yuh too dyam bright! Mi love yuh same way! I know hopefully, it should be better this time. Last time I was a single mom, working 2 jobs...plus school! So, Baby-sitting, study time and everything else that comes with school just made the stress-level unreal!! This time with Ken here (HOPEFULLY!! :unsure: ), it should be alot easier! Plus this time I am actually doing something I enjoy, unlike Financial Management (God Bless You Jengs ) & Computer Information System

Having a good support system can make a world of difference!! So...Ms. Kimmy MPA (Public Admin??)...VERY GOOD!!!! That is a good degree to have and is very transferable in employment!

Proudda yuh Gurl!! Mistress Benz a move hup inna deh world!!! :lol:

Blessed always ,

Gilli

HAHAAA...Thanks girl...mi proud a u too my girl mi affi try mek a move cause mi no plan fi live stressful life fieva ..Yes, it's Master of Science in Public Administration..it is a verrrry transferable degree and job market is pretty good..I have class tonight and mi a gear up miself cause jah know mi get used to go a mi yaad a night time :) Tameika mi figet fi rub the baby making good luck stone fi u :) good luck mi gyal..mi want anodda but the thought of school and preggo a drive me if a so a so I guess

Good Girl!!! Truss mi yuh soon done! Plus if yuh git Pregnant NOW...LIKE TONIGHT :lol::lol: !!! Yuh jus haffi git through deh Spring semester (months 2-6...not bad) tek deh summer off and have deh Baby inna August before deh nex Semester start...GWAAN fi hit man!! Try fi hit TONIGHT after yuh reach home from class...perfect way fi unwind!!! :lol::lol: (Tell Kashi him owe mi one!! ;) )

Bless-Bless,

Gill

Bwoy Gilli u no easy a rassss..mi ago tell u seh so :) u'll be the 1st to know :yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys;

Have not logged on in awhile and was catching up on all the posts I missed since last week. I must say congrats to all who have good news and for all you ladies you are going back to school, my hat's off to you. :yes::yes::thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::dance: ..I'm just starting on my MPA as well..I am looking forward to the end to tell u the truth and it's barely started..I love school BUT mi done from 2004 and mi no go back since..soooo it kinda tough to get back into the swing :yes: Gilli go girl..thats fabulous !!...u love fi bawl fi 2hrs don't cause u a go back one more time :)..just kidding...good luck to yah girl

HAHAHAHA :lol::lol: ...Kimmy yuh too dyam bright! Mi love yuh same way! I know hopefully, it should be better this time. Last time I was a single mom, working 2 jobs...plus school! So, Baby-sitting, study time and everything else that comes with school just made the stress-level unreal!! This time with Ken here (HOPEFULLY!! :unsure: ), it should be alot easier! Plus this time I am actually doing something I enjoy, unlike Financial Management (God Bless You Jengs :luv: ) & Computer Information System :crying:

Having a good support system can make a world of difference!! So...Ms. Kimmy MPA (Public Admin??)...VERY GOOD!!!! :thumbs: That is a good degree to have and is very transferable in employment!

Blessed (L) always ,

Gilli ;)

talk to me..I started school pregnant and now had another baby and got married. lol,

sometimes i wonder where I found the energy..maybe that would explain why i'm so tired now

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

HAHAHAHA :lol::lol: ...Kimmy yuh too dyam bright! Mi love yuh same way! I know hopefully, it should be better this time. Last time I was a single mom, working 2 jobs...plus school! So, Baby-sitting, study time and everything else that comes with school just made the stress-level unreal!! This time with Ken here (HOPEFULLY!! :unsure: ), it should be alot easier! Plus this time I am actually doing something I enjoy, unlike Financial Management (God Bless You Jengs :luv: ) & Computer Information System :crying:

Having a good support system can make a world of difference!! So...Ms. Kimmy MPA (Public Admin??)...VERY GOOD!!!! :thumbs: That is a good degree to have and is very transferable in employment!

Blessed (L) always ,

Gilli ;)

talk to me..I started school pregnant and now had another baby and got married. lol,

sometimes i wonder where I found the energy..maybe that would explain why i'm so tired now

Wow girl..u affi do wah u affi do when the time comes..Good for u Jengles

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I have a question. As I said last week or so my congressman and I have been in contact and I signed the information release form. He was then going to contact the VSC and see about the case. WEll, now he is requesting a copy of the I130 and some info on my husband "so he can be prepared when he contacts the department of homeland security"

What does this mean? Does this mean he is trying to expedite it??? (one can only hope!!!!)

I thought I would see what yall think!!

Thanks!

I think this is standard procedure from what I read. Most other Vj'ers said congressman wanted copies too. Not sure what they do with it. But I am sure it comes in handy for them if the USCIS starts firing back questions. If you get an expedite, I am right behind you, I just need to find my respresentative.

I have a question. As I said last week or so my congressman and I have been in contact and I signed the information release form. He was then going to contact the VSC and see about the case. WEll, now he is requesting a copy of the I130 and some info on my husband "so he can be prepared when he contacts the department of homeland security"

What does this mean? Does this mean he is trying to expedite it??? (one can only hope!!!!)

I thought I would see what yall think!!

Thanks!

anyone??? :(

hahah can you tell I am restless here

We woke up to SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, some of you know were were thinking of moving to JA instead of the US. We are still torn and just this morning I got an email offering a job teaching at a high school there.

Sigh...

Oh man we are so in the same boat! I spoke to a lady there about a job. Can't think of the service company but it was somewhat governmental.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

All this talk about school is really making me put the pedal to the metal for my MFA in Architecture/Arts. I was just talking to the intern in our office today and saying how she should keep going to her masters cause you lose momentum when you take to many years off after your bachelors. I won't think of that stress til hubby is here though. i'm gonna need some serious support for the MFA program.

Timeline
All this talk about school is really making me put the pedal to the metal for my MFA in Architecture/Arts. I was just talking to the intern in our office today and saying how she should keep going to her masters cause you lose momentum when you take to many years off after your bachelors. I won't think of that stress til hubby is here though. i'm gonna need some serious support for the MFA program.

What will you do with that degree, design buildings?? Please forgive my ignorance!

Timeline

What will you do with that degree, design buildings?? Please forgive my ignorance!

Exactly. I actually specialize in Interior Architecture. I graduated a few years back with BA now I want a fine arts degree in architecture. Jamaica is a great place to do business in, cause of course there is always construction going on.

Timeline

Exactly. I actually specialize in Interior Architecture. I graduated a few years back with BA now I want a fine arts degree in architecture. Jamaica is a great place to do business in, cause of course there is always construction going on.

let me find out I might have to hire you to design mi house that I will have some day down in JA, you go girl and you are right espically along the north coast. Don't blame you to try and set up shop.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Ok family, I am getting excited now. I am graduating with my Masters in 2 weeks. I can't believe it is over; 2007 has been a very eventful year: hubby is here, graduating with Masters and next year, I am preparing for the baby!

:dance: WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO :dance:GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF TAM-TAM!! Gurl, I feel your pain!!! I remember those days! I did an accelerated MBA 3 years ago (48 credits in 14 months degree) and when I gave my last presentation, I sat in the back of the classroom and bawled for a good 2 hours STRAIGHT!!! :crying::blush: Here's the funny part I am going back and doing a second Masters/PhD program :blink::wacko: !! I'm waiting til Ken gets here to start that in Fall 2008!

Enjoy it Tam-Tam, you have worked hard for it and earned this moment to sit back and reflect upon all of your accomplishments this year!! We are all very proud of you, Chica!! :luv::luv:

I am sure Hubby's happy about the Baby-Making part! ;)

Blessed (L) always,

Gill

Gill,

I am not sure if I would do it again, though I am toying with the idea of a PhD one of these days, but we'll see what happens. If it was up to me, the bun would have been in the oven long time ago. Is him finally tell me seh 2008 is the baby making year. And the way I heard that is when I was talking to MIL and she was asking about my nieces and he told me to tell her that next year is our year. Mi nearly bruk off mi foot jumping for joy :lol::lol: .

Gill, good luck on your 2nd Master's; I know you will do well (L)

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
I love my new Jamaican wife. We now have the I-94. I found the information I needed on www. hias.org. We went to the Deferred inspection Site yesterday and spoke with the Duty Officer. He saw that the I-94 was never given to my bride on her arrival at the airport. He re-created the form for us. Here is a link to Deferred Inspection Sites by city: http://www.hias.org/Immigration/Answers/Summer2004_Rapid.pdf.

WOOOO HOOOO...Alright Jay, happy to see that worked out :thumbs:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
**********WEDNESDAY CHUCKLE**********

P.M. and the Pig

:lol::lol::lol:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Ditto Tam-Tam :dance::dance: ..I'm just starting on my MPA as well..I am looking forward to the end to tell u the truth and it's barely started..I love school BUT mi done from 2004 and mi no go back since..soooo it kinda tough to get back into the swing :yes: Gilli go girl..thats fabulous !!...u love fi bawl fi 2hrs don't cause u a go back one more time :)..just kidding...good luck to yah girl

I know what you mean Kimmy. I try to encourage the young ladies at work not to wait too long to get back in, if that's what they want to do because it is hard to start up again. By yu quint...it done; when you are in your final class you are going to wonder where the time went. Kimmy, I am pulling for you hon.

I want to be like Gilli; 2 Masters, my girl, yu ah mi idol :yes:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

HAHAAA...Thanks girl...mi proud a u too :yes::star: my girl mi affi try mek a move cause mi no plan fi live stressful life fieva :no: ..Yes, it's Master of Science in Public Administration..it is a verrrry transferable degree and job market is pretty good..I have class tonight and mi a gear up miself cause jah know mi get used to go a mi yaad a night time :) Tameika mi figet fi rub the baby making good luck stone fi u :) good luck mi gyal..mi want anodda but the thought of school and preggo a drive me :wacko::blink::) if a so a so I guess

Good Girl!!! Truss mi yuh soon done! Plus if yuh git Pregnant NOW...LIKE TONIGHT :lol::lol: !!! Yuh jus haffi git through deh Spring semester (months 2-6...not bad) tek deh summer off and have deh Baby inna August before deh nex Semester start...GWAAN fi hit man!! Try fi hit TONIGHT after yuh reach home from class...perfect way fi unwind!!! :lol::lol: (Tell Kashi him owe mi one!! ;) )

Bless-Bless,

Gill

:lol::lol::lol: Gill, yu a set on :lol::lol::lol: Yu have it plan out perfect fi Kimmy deh. Yu can bet how Kimmy ah tink it out. Yeah, I could not imagine being pregnant/with child and doing the program I just went through. Kimmy, Kashi is going to miss yu nuff, but in the end, it will be worth it. I know you are going to do well.

If anything, mi ah try aim fi di hubby lef one gi mi probably round March, so mi nuh too sick when mi ah go tek exam inna June.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.