Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
:ot::crying::(

Lord...give me strength! :crying::crying::crying:

Thanks for listening...love you,

Gill

WTH....they issued my husbands with out issuing his "daughter's" I can see the issue about the KJ needing the passport. Dang. It's aways sumting. This must be something new. They issued us a blue ship for my husband's daughter. :wacko: Sorry to hear, again I believe everything happens for reason. You got it !!This too shall pass (F)

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gil..O My Lord..there is always something ...my gosh..mi understand getting the passport for KJ for the medical but not getting his visa b/c of it is another thing...

Gurl, that's what I'm saying! I don't know why we didn't think to git KJ's Baby passport!! But fuh deh whole bloodclaat sittin' fi be put pon hold! Mi a call deh 202# agen...jus fi si if a next person tell mi sittin' different!

Love ya,

Gill

ok..cause dis a soemthing else...call yuh trust 202# maam..but mi fi cuss yuh tuh...WHY OONUH NEVA GO TEK CAREA DI PICKNEY PASSPORT...it tell yuh inna di blasted paper seh dem need a valid passort for at least 6mths...cho man...now one next waiting again

She sound like mi husbond :whistle:

gill...maybe start asap on the passport(he will need it anyway) and can Ken maybe start with the DNA tomorow?? maybe there is a way he can get that asap if nothing else works....

There are ways of getting around the wait for the passport money talks and BS walks......AND why 6 months for the DNA test, sumboddi don't knoa what the hell dey chat bout! Maybe it tek 6months for dem to get around to reading it :blink:

I need KJ here ASAP...cause I know Ken is going to be miserable and worried without his son (justifiably so!) At this point, I honestly just want 3/11/08 to come and go! The whole flipping ting is like a claating horrible roller coaster ride!

Bless,

Gill

Tell me about it. My husband mentions it everyday. He wants his daughter here soo bad. He is very optimistic. We got our extention letter today he's so, on top of the world, I'm like we have a long ways to go. and from the sound of things it's not looking good. :blush:

You're right Kimkim! YOU ARE SO DYAM RIGHT!!! I still haven't gotten my interview letter yet...or I would have known! I didn't even think he would need a passport! I know....stupid! So mi jus call the 202 # again and THIS time I was told...They CAN issue Ken's visa without KJ's, but not the other way round! :D I swear these people are going to make me lose my mind!

Thank G-D :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
lol Lawny, mi know di flex :)

mi still nursing, mi a guh feed him fi at least a year, but as long as mi pump juss one time while mi deh work mi criss.....

In the UK, by law they MUST provide you with facilities where you can pump and also where you can store the milk, but can imagine how well THAT would go down here!

Mi know mi a guh look back an wish mi did deh home, but mi nuh care right now lol!

Depends on your employer. I pumped and stored at work and they were very good about meeting those demands.

People at my job steal milk so that would be a problem lol imagine that them stealing someones breast milk :) for their coffee. They even steal food thats sick right.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JaEnglishGirl I loved your meez, so I had to go play and make me. How fun. I used the plus size one but she's still pretty skinny, lol. They need to add a real size 18 lookin one on there.

mz_4451315_bodyshot_300x400.gif

lol Lawny, mi know di flex :)

mi still nursing, mi a guh feed him fi at least a year, but as long as mi pump juss one time while mi deh work mi criss.....

In the UK, by law they MUST provide you with facilities where you can pump and also where you can store the milk, but can imagine how well THAT would go down here!

Mi know mi a guh look back an wish mi did deh home, but mi nuh care right now lol!

Depends on your employer. I pumped and stored at work and they were very good about meeting those demands.

People at my job steal milk so that would be a problem lol imagine that them stealing someones breast milk :) for their coffee. They even steal food thats sick right.

Ughhh they do that at my job too! Seriously if you need food that bad ask, I'll make you lunch!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, so now the latest thing in this process...maybe this can help someone coming AFTER me!

I filed for a K-1 & K2 visas for Ken & KJ. So, Ken & KJ went for their medical today! Only to find out KJ needs a passport in order for him to do the medical! Ken & I hadn't planned on bringing KJ up with him, until we had settled in and prepared for him. We were planning to bring him up in the fall (or whenever Ken's advanced Parole was approved)

Anyway, I just called my handy dandy 202# and asked them how to proceed, She said that they will NOT issue Ken's visa without KJ's! :crying::crying: ...since I filed for them together! So for sure we are going to be getting a blue slip!!! So, we have to wait on KJ's Birth Certificate...then they will say they want a DNA test & KJ's passport, before Ken can come up!

Somebody told me that the US approved DNA test can take SIX months! Mobay Hope takes the samples and send it to the US for testing.

So it's looking like maybe another 8-9 months before Ken can come up and I feel like I am going to die right now!! This is so different from what I was originally told (memba when Homegirl lost KJ's Birth Certificate) they told me that Ken's visa would be issued and we had a year to sort out KJ's blue slip and bring him!

Gill

I have a good feeling that everything will work out! ((((((GILL)))))) (L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tonya - He can't get a US passport without becoming a US citizen - until then, he'll travel back and forth on his JA passport and greencard. I think with the K3 you can travel at any time - he should have a stamp in his passport that gives him that right.

Not sure about the driver's license - each state is different - I had a friend who drove here on his JA license - until he got busted one too many times by the police for speeding, and they told him he MUST get a US one.

In IL u can drive on your Ja license for 90 days.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

:ot:

Yo, JG sent me this article...Ya'll haffi read it!!

I can't believe this ooman...yuh see ow dem really feel about immigrated Jamaicans!!

Mi seh mi wouldda love fi meet dis ooman face to face and really tell har a ting or two!!!! Her facts are ALL WRONG!!

Makes for an interesting read!!

http://http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glea.../cleisure3.html

For those of your that can't link here is the actual article:

Fricking Nut job!! :wacko::blink: ...not b/c her opinion varies from mine...but because she didn't even research her facts before she typed them!

Unspeakable treachery

published: Sunday | February 24, 2008

Dawn Ritch, Columnist

:o Blasted nonsense!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, so now the latest thing in this process...maybe this can help someone coming AFTER me!

I filed for a K-1 & K2 visas for Ken & KJ. So, Ken & KJ went for their medical today! Only to find out KJ needs a passport in order for him to do the medical! Ken & I hadn't planned on bringing KJ up with him, until we had settled in and prepared for him. We were planning to bring him up in the fall (or whenever Ken's advanced Parole was approved)

Anyway, I just called my handy dandy 202# and asked them how to proceed, She said that they will NOT issue Ken's visa without KJ's! :crying::crying: ...since I filed for them together! So for sure we are going to be getting a blue slip!!! So, we have to wait on KJ's Birth Certificate...then they will say they want a DNA test & KJ's passport, before Ken can come up!

Somebody told me that the US approved DNA test can take SIX months! Mobay Hope takes the samples and send it to the US for testing.

So it's looking like maybe another 8-9 months before Ken can come up and I feel like I am going to die right now!! This is so different from what I was originally told (memba when Homegirl lost KJ's Birth Certificate) they told me that Ken's visa would be issued and we had a year to sort out KJ's blue slip and bring him!

Gill

oh Gill, my heart breaks for you. So much hurt.

My prayer and thoughts go out to u. Stay strong.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

The company I used was the Genetic testing Laboratory. 1-866-833-6895. They do legally binding test as well, not sure the the embassy will accept it from them tho. Ours 200$. We swabbed her cheeks the day he left JA and mailed it the day after he came back. The results were ready in a week.

Filed: Timeline

Gill

Gill,

Unless they changed the rules from early last year, that's what happened with one of my cousin. She filed for her fiance and his child, but the mother was giving them problems and would not allow the child to go with him to the interview. Her fiance came up and then the child follow I believe 5 or 6 months later. Maybe the rules change...mi no know...mi lawd...what a piece a rahtidclaat STRESS fi add on pon u

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill

Gill,

Unless they changed the rules from early last year, that's what happened with one of my cousin. She filed for her fiance and his child, but the mother was giving them problems and would not allow the child to go with him to the interview. Her fiance came up and then the child follow I believe 5 or 6 months later. Maybe the rules change...mi no know...mi lawd...what a piece a rahtidclaat STRESS fi add on pon u

There were mostly familys there when we went for the interview. One guy was there with his daughter, they were asked what took so long to add his name to the birth cert., were you dead? the lady asked. So she said that that they needed DNA testing and then she gave the option for him to go ahead of his daughter to the states, or to wait to go at same time. So they approved his visa and blue slipped the daughter. I saw several like this where they only blue slip for the child and approved the mom or dad. I didnt witness any denials. So no worries Gill u KJ And Ken will be fine.

Edited by JALOVE

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Gill

Gill,

I believe the child has a year to follow at least with the K-1, then you do have to the I-130.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.