Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh, Gill, girl.....I'm so sorry.

Ken needs to get moving. You need to get him moving on the birth papers, the birth certificate, and the DNA testing......as fast as you both can. It wont' help much for the March date; but at least you are moving in a postive direction. Sometimes that's all it takes to get over another bump in the road.

It's going to happen, girlie. Just hang in there.

I'm going to throw this out there too.....since no one seems to know what someone else in doing there, go to the embassy interview KNOWING you are going to get that visa for Ken. Maybe, just MAYBE you will get someone who will approve Kens' without KJ's and you'll at least have that much. Just dont' mention what anyone else has said to you and see what they say.

In the meantime, Ken needs to be moving on the KJ stuff.

I agree. At the end of the day, it just depends on the consular officer at the interview. JamaicaDiva (another VJer) didn't need a DNA test or a letter from the sons mother. Two other VJers had their children approved but the marriages didn't last so the children didn't come. Brownskinn was the first case I heard of DNA testing.

The Embassy is screwed up. Damien didn't have his long birth certificate and he was approved. Two other couples were denied due the same reasons :blink:

Good luck and go to the interview with your head held high.

And Marlon (FutureMrs/NowMrs) was approved without his divorce decree from England. You just never know.

Keep the faith, Gill.

Ken needs to get moving. You need to get him moving on the birth papers, the birth certificate, and the DNA testing......as fast as you both can. It wont' help much for the March date; but at least you are moving in a postive direction. Sometimes that's all it takes to get over another bump in the road.

I'm going to throw this out there too.....since no one seems to know what someone else in doing there, go to the embassy interview KNOWING you are going to get that visa for Ken. Maybe, just MAYBE you will get someone who will approve Kens' without KJ's and you'll at least have that much. Just dont' mention what anyone else has said to you and see what they say.

I agree. At the end of the day, it just depends on the consular officer at the interview. JamaicaDiva (another VJer) didn't need a DNA test or a letter from the sons mother. Two other VJers had their children approved but the marriages didn't last so the children didn't come. Brownskinn was the first case I heard of DNA testing.

The Embassy is screwed up. Damien didn't have his long birth certificate and he was approved. Two other couples were denied due the same reasons :blink:

And Marlon (FutureMrs/NowMrs) was approved without his divorce decree from England. You just never know.

Keep the faith, Gill.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lol, fi all a unu who fraid mi a guh drap di baby, mi change mi animation :lol:

haahah..woooieee...I love it...ahhaah

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Damn.....I hate these post duppy!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:crying::crying::crying: ...ahhhhh JG & SJB...you guys have mi bawling ova here! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! I just spoke with Ken...I told hime I can't wait on dingbat anymore...GO back to the RGD or RDG (whatever) talk to the same man from before and ask him if you can get KJ's Beirth Certificate Without the receipt! Even if you have to pay again...the Birth Certificate HAS to be printed by now...it's just we don't have the receit to show for it!

Then if we can get theat then we can do an express passport for KJ, so at least this way we have majority of the papers in hand and out of the way! I don't even care if he wants to wait on the passport before he comes up...because knowing dingbat she'll lose that too!

Guys, for real it's times like these that I SINCERELY appreciate your love and support!

I will be walking into that Embassy on 3/11/08 with my head up and playing stupid! ;)

Thanks again...mucho mucho amor for alla onnuh!

(L)(L)(L)(L) - Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
:ot::crying::(

Ok, so now the latest thing in this process...maybe this can help someone coming AFTER me!

I filed for a K-1 & K2 visas for Ken & KJ. So, Ken & KJ went for their medical today! Only to find out KJ needs a passport in order for him to do the medical! Ken & I hadn't planned on bringing KJ up with him, until we had settled in and prepared for him. We were planning to bring him up in the fall (or whenever Ken's advanced Parole was approved)

Anyway, I just called my handy dandy 202# and asked them how to proceed, She said that they will NOT issue Ken's visa without KJ's! :crying::crying: ...since I filed for them together! So for sure we are going to be getting a blue slip!!! So, we have to wait on KJ's Birth Certificate...then they will say they want a DNA test & KJ's passport, before Ken can come up!

Somebody told me that the US approved DNA test can take SIX months! Mobay Hope takes the samples and send it to the US for testing.

So it's looking like maybe another 8-9 months before Ken can come up and I feel like I am going to die right now!! This is so different from what I was originally told (memba when Homegirl lost KJ's Birth Certificate) they told me that Ken's visa would be issued and we had a year to sort out KJ's blue slip and bring him!

Lord...give me strength! :crying::crying::crying:

Thanks for listening...love you,

Gill

OMG!!! That is truly heartbreaking. A DNA test has to be done even if the father is listed on the birth certficate?

Hey Isle,

Typically if the father's name is not immediately placed upon the child's birth record at birth...the US Embassy in JA will not accept the Birth Certificate as proof of paternity. ALthough they still need to see it...to then reject it. They will then require that a U.S. Government mandated DNA test be done! MoBay hope will not take the test without the letter mandating it from the Embassy. They medical center taking the test then sends the samples to the US. D.C. facility for the actual testing! That can take up to 6 months to get the results.

Blessings for your kind words & support,

Gill

Thanks for the tip! This surely can get mind boggling, and I haven't even filed anything yet. Crazy that you get a different answer each time you ask someone else. Can tell they are Gov't employees - they work just like the IRS!

Glad the catastrophe is starting to look up. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Tanya

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Gill...just request anodda copy..no wait pon dingbat..a whatever u do..DO NOT LEAVE THE PASSPORT WITH HER !!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Right back at you, Gill.

If it were me, I would take care of the passport because she is such an idiot. Even if you have to bring it home with you, keep it safe, and worry about getting it back to them when the time comes. I would not leave it up to her to try and get later......or better yet, say she is trying to get later while really playing some sick game. I think she's shown her true colors way to much.

Have him get it as soon as he gets the birth papers, Gill. It will make your life a whole lot easier later on.

Gill...just request anodda copy..no wait pon dingbat..a whatever u do..DO NOT LEAVE THE PASSPORT WITH HER !!!

You scare me......I just wrote the same thing!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
no suh, mi deh a mi yard today.mi a talk like frog and feel one weh just run ova, mi a tek the kids to school though

MAWNIN JENGS, ENGLISH......hope unuh sleep good...so many people walking around her coughing and sneezing (mi tell dem no come near mi). Had to share this (mi co-worker a introduce HIS boyfriend to me) one YARDIE from Portmore, Jamaica...what a man PRETTY. He was telling me everthing there was to know about Jamaica...den when mi bruck out mi PATWAH...di man git up a seh latah. Mi nevah seh nutin outah place.

Shet yuh claat, NUTTING NUH GUH SUH!! :ranting:

There are NO Jamaican battymen :whistle:

do not make me laugh today as it is very painful. lol

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Right back at you, Gill.

If it were me, I would take care of the passport because she is such an idiot. Even if you have to bring it home with you, keep it safe, and worry about getting it back to them when the time comes. I would not leave it up to her to try and get later......or better yet, say she is trying to get later while really playing some sick game. I think she's shown her true colors way to much.

Have him get it as soon as he gets the birth papers, Gill. It will make your life a whole lot easier later on.

You scare me......I just wrote the same thing!

hahahhaa....i guess we both MAD !....ahahaha cause she a pley fool fi ketch wise...but mi wi show har who a fool..like mi a go show MI HUSBAND MODDA !!! :whistle:

Timeline

Yah, Kimmy......I must be channeling you again.....I'm ready to make a trip to see my MIL myself!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey guys. Good morning :)

I cant type much now because I am at work, but I need some information on how I might go about getting a divorce. Anyone know?

He is still there and we havent even had NOA2..and we have been married 8 months tomorrow.

Thanks ladies.

u want a divorce cause it's been 8mths ?

didn't u read what i just post!!

Timeline
no suh, mi deh a mi yard today.mi a talk like frog and feel one weh just run ova, mi a tek the kids to school though

MAWNIN JENGS, ENGLISH......hope unuh sleep good...so many people walking around her coughing and sneezing (mi tell dem no come near mi). Had to share this (mi co-worker a introduce HIS boyfriend to me) one YARDIE from Portmore, Jamaica...what a man PRETTY. He was telling me everthing there was to know about Jamaica...den when mi bruck out mi PATWAH...di man git up a seh latah. Mi nevah seh nutin outah place.

Shet yuh claat, NUTTING NUH GUH SUH!! :ranting:

There are NO Jamaican battymen :whistle:

do not make me laugh today as it is very painful. lol

HUSH Jengs...mi undastan...r u takin anything ?

Yah, Kimmy......I must be channeling you again.....I'm ready to make a trip to see my MIL myself!!!!!

ahhahaahah..woieeeee :lol:

I cant type much now because I am at work, but I need some information on how I might go about getting a divorce. Anyone know?

He is still there and we havent even had NOA2..and we have been married 8 months tomorrow.

Thanks ladies.

no ..which part ?

Timeline

Thanks ladies.

JENGS>>STOP IT DON"T FEEL GOOD>>>GO LIE DUNG MAN...lawd forgive us !!

Timeline
:ot::crying::(

Ok, so now the latest thing in this process...maybe this can help someone coming AFTER me!

I filed for a K-1 & K2 visas for Ken & KJ. So, Ken & KJ went for their medical today! Only to find out KJ needs a passport in order for him to do the medical! Ken & I hadn't planned on bringing KJ up with him, until we had settled in and prepared for him. We were planning to bring him up in the fall (or whenever Ken's advanced Parole was approved)

Anyway, I just called my handy dandy 202# and asked them how to proceed, She said that they will NOT issue Ken's visa without KJ's! :crying::crying: ...since I filed for them together! So for sure we are going to be getting a blue slip!!! So, we have to wait on KJ's Birth Certificate...then they will say they want a DNA test & KJ's passport, before Ken can come up!

Somebody told me that the US approved DNA test can take SIX months! Mobay Hope takes the samples and send it to the US for testing.

So it's looking like maybe another 8-9 months before Ken can come up and I feel like I am going to die right now!! This is so different from what I was originally told (memba when Homegirl lost KJ's Birth Certificate) they told me that Ken's visa would be issued and we had a year to sort out KJ's blue slip and bring him!

Lord...give me strength! :crying::crying::crying:

Thanks for listening...love you,

Gill

are u sure this is right, i file for mr jengles and his girls on all paperwork, put put that only mr jengles was coming up at the time and that was i think on the ds-230 we sent the embassy, tell them u change u mind. KJ should have follow to join benefits like mr jengles children, they can get the k-4 until mr jengles files for his green card. check with the embassy in kingston to make sure what they told u is right?

Timeline

So I have to shar wi u'll...so I'm using the lemon to see if it helps..well it did a little..BUT when it's cmoming back up IT BURNS :angry: OMG !! not sure if I want that again....*sigh*

question..only the K visa get the follow to join benefit ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.