Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny..u a mess..mi deh yah miself..HOME ...i'm gonna try and go back to work tomorrow and see how that goes...might as well get paid for throwing up huh :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Lawny..u a mess..mi deh yah miself..HOME ...i'm gonna try and go back to work tomorrow and see how that goes...might as well get paid for throwing up huh :lol:

Mi no wrang u...like I told you. I was never in my office. And I always looked like a WILD MAD PUSS...when I came back to my desk. My boss would say, maybe you should be on bed rest.

Kimmy,

A u go tell mi bass mi naw do nutin...now she come put sintin inna mi (in-box) and di damn bax brunk down...cho man.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Mi no wrang u...like I told you. I was never in my office. And I always looked like a WILD MAD PUSS...when I came back to my desk. My boss would say, maybe you should be on bed rest.

Kimmy,

A u go tell mi bass mi naw do nutin...now she come put sintin inna mi (in-box) and di damn bax brunk down...cho man.

exactly the feeling....hush mi love..hush

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning (F) Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I know I am late in catching up but…

Anthony Bourdain in JA was awesome. I loved that show :) It made me so homesick I couldn't believe.

Shrewdgal~ Sorry to hear about the divorce. You were married in JA right? I am not sure if there is different rules/guidelines to get a divorce that happened overseas. Hopefully someone will come along that has advice for you.

Timeline
Good Morning (F) Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I know I am late in catching up but…

Anthony Bourdain in JA was awesome. I loved that show :) It made me so homesick I couldn't believe.

Shrewdgal~ Sorry to hear about the divorce. You were married in JA right? I am not sure if there is different rules/guidelines to get a divorce that happened overseas. Hopefully someone will come along that has advice for you.

:ot: Just wondering......

Once Drew enters the US......doesn't he have to surrender his JA license and passport......We are wanting to travel back to JA but not sure how soon yet.........Do I need to apply for a US Passport for him or how does this work? Thanks!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tonya - He can't get a US passport without becoming a US citizen - until then, he'll travel back and forth on his JA passport and greencard. I think with the K3 you can travel at any time - he should have a stamp in his passport that gives him that right.

Not sure about the driver's license - each state is different - I had a friend who drove here on his JA license - until he got busted one too many times by the police for speeding, and they told him he MUST get a US one.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Hey guys. Good morning :)

I cant type much now because I am at work, but I need some information on how I might go about getting a divorce. Anyone know?

He is still there and we havent even had NOA2..and we have been married 8 months tomorrow.

Thanks ladies.

Uh ohh.... I hope you are ok sweetie. You are in my prayers.

Timeline
Tonya - He can't get a US passport without becoming a US citizen - until then, he'll travel back and forth on his JA passport and greencard. I think with the K3 you can travel at any time - he should have a stamp in his passport that gives him that right.

Not sure about the driver's license - each state is different - I had a friend who drove here on his JA license - until he got busted one too many times by the police for speeding, and they told him he MUST get a US one.

agreed...h's doesn't have to give up his license either

Timeline
I have my K-1 packet together and I have a question...

Does the entire packet I-129F need to be photocopies and sent to the Vermont Service Center or just certain forms within the packet?

We sent originals of everything but the important forms.

You do want to keep a complete photocopy for yourself, M.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot: again. :blush::blush:

Did you ladies shop for clothes for your SO before they got here? I went to Khol's yesterday and couldn't resist. They had a boss of a sale. I got name-brand sweaters and shirts for $10 and less. When I got home and unpaked the bags, I just laughed at myself. Do you think I'm weird?

Only basics like marinas and tee shirts. He's much too picky for that. He also refuses to wear sweaters. We hit a lot of sales when he first came.....got winter clearence in the summer and vice versa.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
no suh, mi deh a mi yard today.mi a talk like frog and feel one weh just run ova, mi a tek the kids to school though

MAWNIN JENGS, ENGLISH......hope unuh sleep good...so many people walking around her coughing and sneezing (mi tell dem no come near mi). Had to share this (mi co-worker a introduce HIS boyfriend to me) one YARDIE from Portmore, Jamaica...what a man PRETTY. He was telling me everthing there was to know about Jamaica...den when mi bruck out mi PATWAH...di man git up a seh latah. Mi nevah seh nutin outah place.

Shet yuh claat, NUTTING NUH GUH SUH!! :ranting:

There are NO Jamaican battymen :whistle:

Lawd ave merci....ENGLISH u have mi ovah yah a dead..girl we ave fi find time and link up. Mi work near Dupont Circle, mi no know if u know dat deh area yet, but my girl...a pure a dat deh dung yah...

English mi seh di man pretty so mi caan stap look pon im...what a ting deh pon mi dis Monday mawnin...I think im get frighten when im find out seh mi a yardie...but mi wouda nevah know seh im a swing so. Woieeeeeeeee what a stress pon mi dis mawnin...im fly if last night fram yard...mi caan wait fi mi co-worker tell mi how dem meet and I'm sure he will

Hey, I know where Dupont Circle is. Andre and I were wandering around there in June of last year. So many damn circles!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey guys. Good morning :)

I cant type much now because I am at work, but I need some information on how I might go about getting a divorce. Anyone know?

He is still there and we havent even had NOA2..and we have been married 8 months tomorrow.

Thanks ladies.

sorry to hear that..... (F) if trust isn't there....then you know what you need to do...all the best...

Timeline

agreed...h's doesn't have to give up his license either

Yep. He will travel on his JA passport forever, unless he naturalizes. Even with naturalization, he can travel on either or as he would be a duel citizen. In fact, the passport is the only picture ID he will have for a while, so don't let it go far. BTW....you can renew the JA passport through a couple of JA embassies in the US.

Missouri does not take the JA driver's license as a license to drive. Andre had to get a Missouri license. Not sure how that works in other states.

English by di way..mine u drop di pickney

That's funny. My first thought was the White House is much smaller then depicted in that picture or any other I've ever seen.

Second thought was, she is going to drop that baby!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot::crying::(

Ok, so now the latest thing in this process...maybe this can help someone coming AFTER me!

I filed for a K-1 & K2 visas for Ken & KJ. So, Ken & KJ went for their medical today! Only to find out KJ needs a passport in order for him to do the medical! Ken & I hadn't planned on bringing KJ up with him, until we had settled in and prepared for him. We were planning to bring him up in the fall (or whenever Ken's advanced Parole was approved)

Anyway, I just called my handy dandy 202# and asked them how to proceed, She said that they will NOT issue Ken's visa without KJ's! :crying::crying: ...since I filed for them together! So for sure we are going to be getting a blue slip!!! So, we have to wait on KJ's Birth Certificate...then they will say they want a DNA test & KJ's passport, before Ken can come up!

Somebody told me that the US approved DNA test can take SIX months! Mobay Hope takes the samples and send it to the US for testing.

So it's looking like maybe another 8-9 months before Ken can come up and I feel like I am going to die right now!! This is so different from what I was originally told (memba when Homegirl lost KJ's Birth Certificate) they told me that Ken's visa would be issued and we had a year to sort out KJ's blue slip and bring him!

Lord...give me strength! :crying::crying::crying:

Thanks for listening...love you,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.