Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I love my new Jamaican wife. We now have the I-94. I found the information I needed on www. hias.org. We went to the Deferred inspection Site yesterday and spoke with the Duty Officer. He saw that the I-94 was never given to my bride on her arrival at the airport. He re-created the form for us. Here is a link to Deferred Inspection Sites by city: http://www.hias.org/Immigration/Answers/Summer2004_Rapid.pdf.

So happy something finally went smoothly, Jay. How are things?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********WEDNESDAY CHUCKLE**********

:dance: Happy Hump Day Everyone!! :dance: Do the 'Humpty Hump'!! :dance: B)

Congrats are in order for JA-TAM, DonnaJay and Prayers for everyone 'cramming' (Ms. Marie :no:;) ) for upcoming finals!!! Do your best and make us proud! (L)

Blessed, Gill

Enjoy---P.S.-I no way does this reflect my opinion on any political organization!! I saw it...it made me laugh, so I share it! :unsure:

P.M. and the Pig

Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller and her chauffeur are rolling down a country road

at night when suddenly the limo hits a pig that has wandered onto the road.

The pig is killed instantly.

Portia instructs her driver,

"Go up to de farm hover dere an' hexplain to de honer of de pig

wha 'appen."

An hour later, Portia sees her driver staggering back from the

farm, his clothes wrinkled, lipstick on his face, a bottle of wine in

one hand and a cigar in the other.

"Wha' 'appen to you?" asks the Portia

"Well, Prime Minister, the farmer gave me a bottle of wine, his

wife gave me a cigar, and their 19-year-old daughter made wild

passionate

love

to me."

"Rahtid ! Ah wha' you tell dem?" asks Portia.

The driver answers, "Good evening, I am Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller's

chauffeur and I have just killed the pig"

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Rhonda is on here from time to time. She's at home resting up for her December 16th due date. She's having some computer issues where she can read; but not post. So, if you have any messages for her, she can see them. She just can't answer you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question. As I said last week or so my congressman and I have been in contact and I signed the information release form. He was then going to contact the VSC and see about the case. WEll, now he is requesting a copy of the I130 and some info on my husband "so he can be prepared when he contacts the department of homeland security"

What does this mean? Does this mean he is trying to expedite it??? (one can only hope!!!!)

I thought I would see what yall think!!

Thanks!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Ok family, I am getting excited now. I am graduating with my Masters in 2 weeks. I can't believe it is over; 2007 has been a very eventful year: hubby is here, graduating with Masters and next year, I am preparing for the baby!

:dance: WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO :dance:GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF TAM-TAM!! Gurl, I feel your pain!!! I remember those days! I did an accelerated MBA 3 years ago (48 credits in 14 months degree) and when I gave my last presentation, I sat in the back of the classroom and bawled for a good 2 hours STRAIGHT!!! :crying::blush: Here's the funny part I am going back and doing a second Masters/PhD program :blink::wacko: !! I'm waiting til Ken gets here to start that in Fall 2008!

Enjoy it Tam-Tam, you have worked hard for it and earned this moment to sit back and reflect upon all of your accomplishments this year!! We are all very proud of you, Chica!! :luv::luv:

I am sure Hubby's happy about the Baby-Making part! ;)

Blessed (L) always,

Gill

A second Master's you go girl!!!! I barely want to finish the master's i'm working on, LOL What is this 2nd degree going to be in?

If there was a way, I could move into teaching without taking a paycut, I would be all over it. I think it's great for people who have kids.

:yes: I agree Jengles!

I am going for a MA/PhD. in Secondary/Higher Ed Counseling. I got a MBA because I was working at a college that allowed you to earn a Masters for free! So, I took advantage of it thinking I would go back into business when I completed it! I then fell in love with Higher Education Advisement and applying for positions w/i Higher Ed w/an MBA gets me this kindda look :blink::blink: ...so my present school offers a MA in Secondary/Higher Ed Counselling for free so again, I figured might as well take advantage. Although Ken wants me to take advantage of their Law School, but that's just WAAAAAYYY too much work and NOT free...ATALL!! :no:

So Jengs, what is your Masters going to be in? Are you almost done? Hang in...it soon come!! :thumbs:

Blessed,

Gill

I love my new Jamaican wife. We now have the I-94. I found the information I needed on www. hias.org. We went to the Deferred inspection Site yesterday and spoke with the Duty Officer. He saw that the I-94 was never given to my bride on her arrival at the airport. He re-created the form for us. Here is a link to Deferred Inspection Sites by city: http://www.hias.org/Immigration/Answers/Summer2004_Rapid.pdf.

Jay,

I LOVE THAT YOU LOVE YOUR JAMAICAN WIFE!!! (F):luv: ...very sweet!! Glad, yuh git through wid the forms dem!!

Blessed love,

Gill

A M.B.A in your field to me equals DEAN of the people dem school, but tek all the free classes you can, espically if you have support at home.

My Masters will be in Marketing, but I'm in Finance, taking finance in school to me is sooooo booorrring. Thinking about a career change, but we will see.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
I have a question. As I said last week or so my congressman and I have been in contact and I signed the information release form. He was then going to contact the VSC and see about the case. WEll, now he is requesting a copy of the I130 and some info on my husband "so he can be prepared when he contacts the department of homeland security"

What does this mean? Does this mean he is trying to expedite it??? (one can only hope!!!!)

Thanks!

anyone??? :(

hahah can you tell I am restless here

We woke up to SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, some of you know were were thinking of moving to JA instead of the US. We are still torn and just this morning I got an email offering a job teaching at a high school there.

Sigh...

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Thanks!

anyone??? :(

hahah can you tell I am restless here

We woke up to SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, some of you know were were thinking of moving to JA instead of the US. We are still torn and just this morning I got an email offering a job teaching at a high school there.

Sigh...

I never went that route so I have no clue. I wish it is true for you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot: Ok family, I am getting excited now. I am graduating with my Masters in 2 weeks. I can't believe it is over; 2007 has been a very eventful year: hubby is here, graduating with Masters and next year, I am preparing for the baby!

:dance: WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO :dance:GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF TAM-TAM!! Gurl, I feel your pain!!! I remember those days! I did an accelerated MBA 3 years ago (48 credits in 14 months degree) and when I gave my last presentation, I sat in the back of the classroom and bawled for a good 2 hours STRAIGHT!!! :crying::blush: Here's the funny part I am going back and doing a second Masters/PhD program :blink::wacko: !! I'm waiting til Ken gets here to start that in Fall 2008!

Enjoy it Tam-Tam, you have worked hard for it and earned this moment to sit back and reflect upon all of your accomplishments this year!! We are all very proud of you, Chica!! :luv::luv:

I am sure Hubby's happy about the Baby-Making part! ;)

Blessed (L) always,

Gill

Ditto Tam-Tam :dance::dance: ..I'm just starting on my MPA as well..I am looking forward to the end to tell u the truth and it's barely started..I love school BUT mi done from 2004 and mi no go back since..soooo it kinda tough to get back into the swing :yes: Gilli go girl..thats fabulous !!...u love fi bawl fi 2hrs don't cause u a go back one more time :)..just kidding...good luck to yah girl

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Can the person who PM'd me about a month ago about Nicky, please speak up? I'd like to PM you again; but I keep forgetting who you are. Sorry.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks!

Info like what?? Does he just need the receipt number?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
:dance::dance: ..I'm just starting on my MPA as well..I am looking forward to the end to tell u the truth and it's barely started..I love school BUT mi done from 2004 and mi no go back since..soooo it kinda tough to get back into the swing :yes: Gilli go girl..thats fabulous !!...u love fi bawl fi 2hrs don't cause u a go back one more time :)..just kidding...good luck to yah girl

HAHAHAHA :lol::lol: ...Kimmy yuh too dyam bright! Mi love yuh same way! I know hopefully, it should be better this time. Last time I was a single mom, working 2 jobs...plus school! So, Baby-sitting, study time and everything else that comes with school just made the stress-level unreal!! This time with Ken here (HOPEFULLY!! :unsure: ), it should be alot easier! Plus this time I am actually doing something I enjoy, unlike Financial Management (God Bless You Jengs :luv: ) & Computer Information System :crying:

Having a good support system can make a world of difference!! So...Ms. Kimmy MPA (Public Admin??)...VERY GOOD!!!! :thumbs: That is a good degree to have and is very transferable in employment!

Proudda yuh Gurl!! Mistress Benz a move hup inna deh world!!! :lol:

Blessed (L) always ,

Gilli ;)

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
:dance::dance: ..I'm just starting on my MPA as well..I am looking forward to the end to tell u the truth and it's barely started..I love school BUT mi done from 2004 and mi no go back since..soooo it kinda tough to get back into the swing :yes: Gilli go girl..thats fabulous !!...u love fi bawl fi 2hrs don't cause u a go back one more time :)..just kidding...good luck to yah girl

HAHAHAHA :lol::lol: ...Kimmy yuh too dyam bright! Mi love yuh same way! I know hopefully, it should be better this time. Last time I was a single mom, working 2 jobs...plus school! So, Baby-sitting, study time and everything else that comes with school just made the stress-level unreal!! This time with Ken here (HOPEFULLY!! :unsure: ), it should be alot easier! Plus this time I am actually doing something I enjoy, unlike Financial Management (God Bless You Jengs ) & Computer Information System

Having a good support system can make a world of difference!! So...Ms. Kimmy MPA (Public Admin??)...VERY GOOD!!!! That is a good degree to have and is very transferable in employment!

Blessed always ,

Gilli

HAHAAA...Thanks girl...mi proud a u too :yes::star: my girl mi affi try mek a move cause mi no plan fi live stressful life fieva :no: ..Yes, it's Master of Science in Public Administration..it is a verrrry transferable degree and job market is pretty good..I have class tonight and mi a gear up miself cause jah know mi get used to go a mi yaad a night time :) Tameika mi figet fi rub the baby making good luck stone fi u :) good luck mi gyal..mi want anodda but the thought of school and preggo a drive me :wacko::blink::) if a so a so I guess

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

HAHAHAHA :lol: ...Kimmy yuh too dyam bright! Mi love yuh same way! I know hopefully, it should be better this time. Last time I was a single mom, working 2 jobs...plus school! So, Baby-sitting, study time and everything else that comes with school just made the stress-level unreal!! This time with Ken here (HOPEFULLY!! :unsure: ), it should be alot easier! Plus this time I am actually doing something I enjoy, unlike Financial Management (God Bless You Jengs ) & Computer Information System

Having a good support system can make a world of difference!! So...Ms. Kimmy MPA (Public Admin??)...VERY GOOD!!!! That is a good degree to have and is very transferable in employment!

Blessed always ,

Gilli

HAHAAA...Thanks girl...mi proud a u too :yes::star: my girl mi affi try mek a move cause mi no plan fi live stressful life fieva :no: ..Yes, it's Master of Science in Public Administration..it is a verrrry transferable degree and job market is pretty good..I have class tonight and mi a gear up miself cause jah know mi get used to go a mi yaad a night time :) Tameika mi figet fi rub the baby making good luck stone fi u :) good luck mi gyal..mi want anodda but the thought of school and preggo a drive me :wacko::blink::) if a so a so I guess

Good Girl!!! Truss mi yuh soon done! Plus if yuh git Pregnant NOW...LIKE TONIGHT :lol::lol: !!! Yuh jus haffi git through deh Spring semester (months 2-6...not bad) tek deh summer off and have deh Baby inna August before deh nex Semester start...GWAAN fi hit man!! Try fi hit TONIGHT after yuh reach home from class...perfect way fi unwind!!! :lol::lol: (Tell Kashi him owe mi one!! ;) )

Bless-Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

**************BONUS CHUCKLE**********************

I just saw that someone posted this in Craigslist and I thought it was Hysterical...cause this is so me & my life :blink::wacko: !!

Enjoy,

Gill

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the

week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office

to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I

had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was

already around 8:45am.

The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have anytime

to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over

hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to

be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my

pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and

gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least

presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some

clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was

called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped

up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended

that I was in Paris

or some other place a million miles away. I was a little

surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort

this morning, haven't we?" I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of

the day was normal ... Some shopping, cleaning, cooking.

After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out

from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?" I told her to

get another one from the closet.

She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it

had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."

I am never going back to that doctor. EVER!

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Thanks!

Info like what?? Does he just need the receipt number?

I dont even have a receipt number yet.

Info on my husband. "for example physical address, birthdate, etc.,"

Maybe I am just getting the run around. haha. I hope not though!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.