Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I like that site too. JALove if your hair has a tendancy to get dry I would suggest leaving in conditioner...not the leave in kind...and using it mutliple time a week, while your hair is natural. I like Motions. This will intensely soften your hair. After awhile you'll notice a difference and not need to condition it as much. Also use an oil mositurizer. The kind that has the same texture of lotion or conditioner...I use Motions which is pink just like Lusters famsous brand but just not as thick and I don't like the Lusters smell. This should help with your dryness.

it was only in that one spot i dunno why lik the very back middle close to the top. it normally curls up when wet but that part gave me drama!!! my hair is damage so maybe cut off start fresh is a great idea. I love motions conditioner and also i want to say its called diez Y uno lol dont quote me!!! they use that in the dominican shops i like that too. Im going to get some more motions. I miss MD for the hair stylist my hair always was right! its not the same here :( but my guy does pretty good he cuts well and works wonders with the flat iron so it comes out super straigh if u have a perm or not. Hes a rasta and jamaican. Why does everyone assume he is gay! all men that do hair arent gay :) im supposed to go tomorrow but i twisted my hair and really dont feel like sitting but i do need a good trim i havent been since october

JAH'LOVE my hair was in my back and because of stress and other issues I chopped it off. It was breaking alot and that was the best thing to do. I cut in in December to my ears and it's now grown down my chin. Don't know what it is in out family, but our hair grows like grass then it stops once it gets 1/2 way past our shoulders. Before I was stressed out and all that I went to the DOMICAN SHOPS and they took excellent care of my hair. $25.00 wash and set and blow-dry. I would go 7:30am on Saturday mornigs and be out of there by 9am. Best thing...NO APPOINTMENTS necessary. I loved it. Only thing I see with them, they don't really know how to style short hair.

Where is the Dominican shop Trelawny20853? I'm in MD and want to try them out one day...

Sunny,

I only know of the ones in Silver Spring. But they all over now. The black hair shops will never get my business anymore. I would make an appointment for 8am in the morning and will still be in there after 11. Hell no never again. and they open on SUNDAYS! Whic part a MD u deh?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

memk mi gi oonuh fi mi DR experience....one week mi hair dresser mi have fi bout 7yrs at the time...nope mi no change hair dresser..go pon vacation...and mi a contemplate wah mi fi do wid mi hair fi go out di weekend..lawd dat time mi did a wear mi hair short layered...dem doan know a blasted ting but fi blow dry u blasted hair especially if ie short..figet it..how about i got outta there went home and wash mi hair an put it inn one bun...mi look like a dyam mushroom..hot freaking mess !!...and mi si dem do nice wid longer hair..but neva again

mi waan go a dead end beach when mi go back a yaad..mi need fi experience ie :thumbs::lol:

KIM u have me in TEARS.......mi can laugh aftah u cause mi look like MAD MAVIS right now. My son said MOMMY DID YOUR HEAD BLOW UP....I couldn't even aswer him. I go see Luisa at 7am tomorrow. She going to say...oh nooooooo baby wah happen to d hair....on nooooo let me help uuuuuuuuu ( with my fake DOMINICAN ACCENT)

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On the hair topic - have any of you tried the Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner? My hair is fine but dry (WW here), so I need a leave in - I bought that on sale to try it, and it was way heavy for my hair - I gave it to my girl, who has kinda coarse hair that she usually twists - she loves the conditioner.

Different topic - anyone have any suggestions for a meeting point at MBJ? My next trip is my first of being picked up at the airport - and of travelling by myself to JA - I am a bit of an overcompulsive planner, and trying to figure out a spot - Right now I am panicking because I have a plane ticket and that's it, lol! I know things will be fine, but makes me nervous -

Hey Susy,

Maybe meet at the restaurant/bar as you come out of the airport...by the pick-up location...I think it's called Island Grill (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) As you walk out from inside the airport..where the cabbies are...the restaurant is to your right I believe.

That and the Texaco station are all I can think of...and the Texaco station is a likkle walk up from the Terminal exit!

Bless,

Gill

Gill,

Mi nevah know seh dem ave meeting place a di airport...mi always have fi push mi way out pass di crouwd and all the psssttttttttt and wahpon FATTIE fi git to mi ride. Only advice, be careful and only use TAXIS you can get at the STAND...

:lol::lol::lol: ...That's SOOOOOOO DYAM TRUE!!! That's why Ken doan play! He is there ON-TIME...INNA DEH FRONTA DEH MOB!! :lol::lol: Last time he got fresh wid wan a dem han said..."Ah fimi 'Fattie' yuh a try fi chat tuh...couldda neva!" Deh hole time em a hug hup pon mi han squeeze hup mi batty (Hate when em duh dat inna public) :lol::lol:

Gill

DWLLLLLLLL mi naw lie...mi caan stand dem. The last time I went home Marcel had to tell them fi back aff... here dem..STAR A U DAT...im seh..yeah man a mi wife...hear di man...respect mi youth...mi did a dead. I hope we can make it to his house this time... :blush::devil: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm so BAD.

Gill, the DEAD end BEACH is my spot..we saw some craziness things happening out there.

For real...there is ALWAYS some sort of drama at Dead End! Last time it was a trash fire gone badpon deh airport side...mi seh a tree a blaze hup han Ken choose dat tree fi decide tuh guh peepee pon! I was 'MAN IS SUH MUCH WATA YUH FEEL SEH YUH AVE!! PLEASE LET'S GO!! IS SOMEONE GONNA CALL DEH FIRE BRIGADE!" :o:o Mi seh mi man laff afta mi tell mi storm hoff!! :angry: 'Hahahahaha...Fiya brigade tuh buxside!!! hahahahaha:lol: :lol:" Gill yuh really been inna farrin tuh lang!

I was like obviously yuh ave had nuff pumpum fi las deh rest ah my trip! :o ...(I got the last laff! ;) ) :lol::lol:

Mi LOVE dead end... :luv:(L):luv:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

trelawny....ok well at least she knows what they told her was wrong....that would have me pissed....but does she really want him doing the AOS packet??? at least she knows the truth....

Nanny,

Mi no even know. It's already paid for and now that the attorney knows who her son works for I don't think he'll giver her anymore problems. They also told her what ever funds they don't use will be returned (that's a first). She is so DAMN timid and shy. I can't believe this is the same woman that met someone in another country and decided she wants to marry them. She's so nice though. I hope her fiance is deserving of her. She warms my heart. I can't put it any other way. That's why I was pissed when she told me about the lawyer.

tep aff a mi name

Mi gaane a mi bed, but mi ago lef unu wid dis...I went to happy hour with my co-workers cause I haven't been in 5 years (new mom) and mi tiyad. I have a few questions. Feel free to jump in and answer away

1. WHY THE HELL some WOMEN HAVE SIZE 13 FEET and wear SIZE 9 SHOES...

2. Spandex no meck fi every badi...

3. It's 21 DEGRESS outside and ICE is everywhere, why are you wearing 8 inch stilletoes (mi caan spell) SANDALS and finally,

4. I know it's not summer time yet and you got to look cute in the club, but if you're going to wear sandals (EARLY SUMMER WARNING)...RUB the ENTIRE jar of vaseline on the back of your ASHY, CRACK (look like you've been kicking CEMENT - heels) before you hop up on the BAR STOOL and cross your legs...okay

I'm going to watch Tom and Jerry now. bye bye...It's the STONE GINGER WINE...it makes me crazy

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

:ot: Question...

I was thinking do you ever think what other VJ'ers think about our Yardie thread??? I always wonder what the hell deh must think about our crazy thread! Like trying to read the Patois and what the heck is a "Yardie"? :lol::lol:

I know too much time on my hands! Once I responded to an outside thread in patois...it was a pro McCain thread and I went off...deh whole 'claating' family made an appearance in my response! "Bumba, Ras, & Blood"!

One of the other respondents was like..."I love trying to figure out Jamaican curse words...I used to work for Jamaicans and needless to say I got use to being called a Bumbaclaat alot!!" :lol::lol::lol:

Gill

Mi gaane a mi bed, but mi ago lef unu wid dis...I went to happy hour with my co-workers cause I haven't been in 5 years (new mom) and mi tiyad. I have a few questions. Feel free to jump in and answer away

3. It's 21 DEGRESS outside and ICE is everywhere, why are you wearing 8 inch stilletoes (mi caan spell) SANDALS and finally,

4. I know it's not summer time yet and you got to look cute in the club, but if you're going to wear sandals (EARLY SUMMER WARNING)...RUB the ENTIRE jar of vaseline on the back of your ASHY, CRACK (look like you've been kicking CEMENT - heels) before you hop up on the BAR STOOL and cross your legs...okay

I'm going to watch Tom and Jerry now. bye bye...It's the STONE GINGER WINE...it makes me crazy

:lol::lol: ...nite nite Chica! :luv:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
memk mi gi oonuh fi mi DR experience....one week mi hair dresser mi have fi bout 7yrs at the time...nope mi no change hair dresser..go pon vacation...and mi a contemplate wah mi fi do wid mi hair fi go out di weekend..lawd dat time mi did a wear mi hair short layered...dem doan know a blasted ting but fi blow dry u blasted hair especially if ie short..figet it..how about i got outta there went home and wash mi hair an put it inn one bun...mi look like a dyam mushroom..hot freaking mess !!...and mi si dem do nice wid longer hair..but neva again

mi waan go a dead end beach when mi go back a yaad..mi need fi experience ie :thumbs::lol:

KIM u have me in TEARS.......mi can laugh aftah u cause mi look like MAD MAVIS right now. My son said MOMMY DID YOUR HEAD BLOW UP....I couldn't even aswer him. I go see Luisa at 7am tomorrow. She going to say...oh nooooooo baby wah happen to d hair....on nooooo let me help uuuuuuuuu ( with my fake DOMINICAN ACCENT)

:lol::lol: ...fuh real Kimkim...When I am going to a new hair dresser I go in and sit dung for a half hour to 45 minutes and just WATCH halla dem...see how dem cut, curl , blow..THEN I decide which one I want to do my hair! ;)

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yes my thought exactly.... :lol:

trelawny....ok well at least she knows what they told her was wrong....that would have me pissed....but does she really want him doing the AOS packet??? at least she knows the truth....

Nanny,

Mi no even know. It's already paid for and now that the attorney knows who her son works for I don't think he'll giver her anymore problems. They also told her what ever funds they don't use will be returned (that's a first). She is so DAMN timid and shy. I can't believe this is the same woman that met someone in another country and decided she wants to marry them. She's so nice though. I hope her fiance is deserving of her. She warms my heart. I can't put it any other way. That's why I was pissed when she told me about the lawyer.

good....well i hope he starts answering her call and treats her the way a client needs to be treated....if she needs any more help please have her come on and we all will try and help her!!! best of luck to her!

:ot: Question...

I was thinking do you ever think what other VJ'ers think about our Yardie thread??? I always wonder what the hell deh must think about our crazy thread! Like trying to read the Patois and what the heck is a "Yardie"? :lol::lol:

I know too much time on my hands! Once I responded to an outside thread in patois...it was a pro McCain thread and I went off...deh whole 'claating' family made an appearance in my response! "Bumba, Ras, & Blood"!

One of the other respondents was like..."I love trying to figure out Jamaican curse words...I used to work for Jamaicans and needless to say I got use to being called a Bumbaclaat alot!!" :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: that's funny...i know when mike and i would go out and he would say words like that....the faces we used to get were priceless..... :lol:

Timeline
Wow, my husband would DIVORCE me if I took money from my ex!!!

Must be a HUGE relief for you to get rid of the debt though....

Desperate times call for desperate measures sometimes.

My husband is not the type to look any kind of gift horse in the mouth. Another thing I love about him.

We have big dreams of getting out of this mess, buying another car, buying a house.......He's got his eye on the finish line......

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
On the hair topic - have any of you tried the Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner? My hair is fine but dry (WW here), so I need a leave in - I bought that on sale to try it, and it was way heavy for my hair - I gave it to my girl, who has kinda coarse hair that she usually twists - she loves the conditioner.

Different topic - anyone have any suggestions for a meeting point at MBJ? My next trip is my first of being picked up at the airport - and of travelling by myself to JA - I am a bit of an overcompulsive planner, and trying to figure out a spot - Right now I am panicking because I have a plane ticket and that's it, lol! I know things will be fine, but makes me nervous -

There is actually a designated "meeting point" at the airport. If you look at the website of the airport it shows you where it is - next to the ice cream stand I believe! Don't sweat it, I travelled to Mobay by myself in November and even took a taxi from the airport to the hotel with no troubles whatsoever.

Yah, same here. Of all my trips, I was only not travelling alone twice. There have never been any issues.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

For real. I was at work last weekend, sitting outside in the freezing cold on break, and watching the crazy gals trying to look like it was summer out there. This guy was standing there laughing, saying what are they thinking?

I'm all for it being Spring anytime now; but I'm not going to die of pneumonia cause I am trying to fool the weather now!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For real. I was at work last weekend, sitting outside in the freezing cold on break, and watching the crazy gals trying to look like it was summer out there. This guy was standing there laughing, saying what are they thinking?

I'm all for it being Spring anytime now; but I'm not going to die of pneumonia cause I am trying to fool the weather now!

Thats crazy about the scantly dress when its cold. I live in LA an of course its not as cold here as in all ah yall parts, but we rock the winter gear sexy sexy like. I think cause we don't get cold weather that often so when it comes sexy sexy winter gear comes out in full force. No scantly dressin over here. I love my boots too, so many pairs I cannot even tell you. Rock those babys with some tight skinny jeans and a sweater....straight to the bar.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I like that site too. JALove if your hair has a tendancy to get dry I would suggest leaving in conditioner...not the leave in kind...and using it mutliple time a week, while your hair is natural. I like Motions. This will intensely soften your hair. After awhile you'll notice a difference and not need to condition it as much. Also use an oil mositurizer. The kind that has the same texture of lotion or conditioner...I use Motions which is pink just like Lusters famsous brand but just not as thick and I don't like the Lusters smell. This should help with your dryness.

it was only in that one spot i dunno why lik the very back middle close to the top. it normally curls up when wet but that part gave me drama!!! my hair is damage so maybe cut off start fresh is a great idea. I love motions conditioner and also i want to say its called diez Y uno lol dont quote me!!! they use that in the dominican shops i like that too. Im going to get some more motions. I miss MD for the hair stylist my hair always was right! its not the same here :( but my guy does pretty good he cuts well and works wonders with the flat iron so it comes out super straigh if u have a perm or not. Hes a rasta and jamaican. Why does everyone assume he is gay! all men that do hair arent gay :) im supposed to go tomorrow but i twisted my hair and really dont feel like sitting but i do need a good trim i havent been since october

JAH'LOVE my hair was in my back and because of stress and other issues I chopped it off. It was breaking alot and that was the best thing to do. I cut in in December to my ears and it's now grown down my chin. Don't know what it is in out family, but our hair grows like grass then it stops once it gets 1/2 way past our shoulders. Before I was stressed out and all that I went to the DOMICAN SHOPS and they took excellent care of my hair. $25.00 wash and set and blow-dry. I would go 7:30am on Saturday mornigs and be out of there by 9am. Best thing...NO APPOINTMENTS necessary. I loved it. Only thing I see with them, they don't really know how to style short hair.

Where is the Dominican shop Trelawny20853? I'm in MD and want to try them out one day...

Youre in bmore right? there is one on Baltimore st over east and then there is one right on reisterstown road past barefeet shoes called Top Dominican Salon. They have just started coming to the area

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.