Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On the hair topic - have any of you tried the Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner? My hair is fine but dry (WW here), so I need a leave in - I bought that on sale to try it, and it was way heavy for my hair - I gave it to my girl, who has kinda coarse hair that she usually twists - she loves the conditioner.

Different topic - anyone have any suggestions for a meeting point at MBJ? My next trip is my first of being picked up at the airport - and of travelling by myself to JA - I am a bit of an overcompulsive planner, and trying to figure out a spot - Right now I am panicking because I have a plane ticket and that's it, lol! I know things will be fine, but makes me nervous -

are you saying a meeting point at the airport? if so by the groovy grouper out side the airport or the lil tastee patty booth.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes.. I read that u had to cut out the perm too, I was really wanting locs before I went to JA last July and of course I researched it LOL a good site was www.fotki.com , its kind of like this one, where people that have gone natural share experiences and maintenance rituals. Instead, I went w/ this braiding that gave the look of locs using that kinky twist hair..

I met a lady from fotki.com and nappurity.com (sp). Great websites :thumbs: She's going to do my hair and teach me how to take care of my natural hair.

Yep great site, I'm on there some where. When I take my micro's down I have a very nice fro.

Yes it is!! That site is my staple I learned alot there about natural hair care.

Thanks for telling us about the site.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On the hair topic - have any of you tried the Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner? My hair is fine but dry (WW here), so I need a leave in - I bought that on sale to try it, and it was way heavy for my hair - I gave it to my girl, who has kinda coarse hair that she usually twists - she loves the conditioner.

Different topic - anyone have any suggestions for a meeting point at MBJ? My next trip is my first of being picked up at the airport - and of travelling by myself to JA - I am a bit of an overcompulsive planner, and trying to figure out a spot - Right now I am panicking because I have a plane ticket and that's it, lol! I know things will be fine, but makes me nervous -

Sorry I don't have any ideas...I always just walked around until they found me :lol:

me too..... :lol::lol:

Timeline
I'm a little late been laid up since earlier... and hubby was trying to put music on his MP3 :wacko: ....JG glad everything is on the up and up and ur on the road to recovery...

Classy ..a doan blame u..save that money..i'm jealous for sure

Lita hunny hush a so it go..time baby luv time..easier said dan done mi know but tek time get bad inna tings..

Sunny welcome back...

Ton mi wish mi did a go tuh..mi bex ..bad

ok...OF TOPIC..for all di momma's

KIMORA ASK TO DO #2 BUT SHE NOT BLASTED PEEING IN THE BLASTED POTTY OR BLINKING TOILET..IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS !!! OONUH HAVE NO ADVICE ??? MI NEED IT.. :angry:

My advice is always train them with rewards.......Like puppies in a way.......Put her on a schedule like first thing in the morning, after lunch, after nap, before bed, and anything in between that works for you. And, reward her in some way. My kids used to get stars on a paper and when they reached a certain amt of stars, they could pick something like a treat, a special event like the zoo or something, whatever works for you. You could tweak it to be a reward for a clean diaper at the end of the day however it works for you.

And, yes, let her follow you around and know it's a good thing when it's done.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks JG...sounds like a good idea...to think of it i can blame myself too...she don't know what do to if i don't teach her..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I used to meet Andre just outside the front of the airport. After you come through customs, go straight towards the little Margaritaville hut, make a right and go out the door. Andre used to wait for me there.

I admit, Kimmy, I did buy cute undies and tell them they could wear them when they went in the pottie regularly. Use it as a reward as well.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I have the most amazing people in my life.

Yesterday, I got a call from this debt settlement company we have been working with for the last few years, in order to avoid bankruptcy. They could settle a big credit card for just $5,000. I was all excited but so upset....you know, where to come up with $5,000. I turned down the offer and said thanks for trying.

Later, In some drug inducedTylenol #3 coma, I had this dream (vision?) call Kelly (my ex-husband) and ask him. He got a settlement not long ago on a court case, so maybe, JUST MAYBE he still has some left. All I had to do was ask. No pleading, no crying.....I just asked and he said sure. He even said to take my time paying him back. See what I meant about loving the guy; but I just can't live with him? I was a teary mess last night, saying Thank you God over and over again.

Anyhow, my good news for the day. I'm nearly giddy now.

On the health front, doing better. Andre took me to the grocery store this morning. Even without any lifting or pushing of the cart, I was in a lot of pain by the time we were done. Resting again and eating fish soup (Andre's getting pretty good at this Catholic Friday no meat thing!).

We had about an inch and a half of ice here Wednesday night and a good chunk of the day yesterday. Schools & businesses closed down, so I might just get a free day from yesterday unstead of a sick day. Woo hoo!

See you guys tomorrow maybe. Take care and everyone have a safe and happy weekend.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Yesterday, I got a call from this debt settlement company we have been working with for the last few years, in order to avoid bankruptcy. They could settle a big credit card for just $5,000. I was all excited but so upset....you know, where to come up with $5,000. I turned down the offer and said thanks for trying.

Later, In some drug inducedTylenol #3 coma, I had this dream (vision?) call Kelly (my ex-husband) and ask him. He got a settlement not long ago on a court case, so maybe, JUST MAYBE he still has some left. All I had to do was ask. No pleading, no crying.....I just asked and he said sure. He even said to take my time paying him back. See what I meant about loving the guy; but I just can't live with him? I was a teary mess last night, saying Thank you God over and over again.

On the health front, doing better. Andre took me to the grocery store this morning. Even without any lifting or pushing of the cart, I was in a lot of pain by the time we were done. Resting again and eating fish soup (Andre's getting pretty good at this Catholic Friday no meat thing!).

We had about an inch and a half of ice here Wednesday night and a good chunk of the day yesterday. Schools & businesses closed down, so I might just get a free day from yesterday unstead of a sick day. Woo hoo!

See you guys tomorrow maybe. Take care and everyone have a safe and happy weekend.

Wow, my husband would DIVORCE me if I took money from my ex!!!

Must be a HUGE relief for you to get rid of the debt though....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

There is actually a designated "meeting point" at the airport. If you look at the website of the airport it shows you where it is - next to the ice cream stand I believe! Don't sweat it, I travelled to Mobay by myself in November and even took a taxi from the airport to the hotel with no troubles whatsoever.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry I don't have any ideas...I always just walked around until they found me :lol:

me too..... :lol::lol:

I just meet my husband at the arrivals area....pretty simple. It sounds like you havent been to MBJ in awhile. The airport looks completely different now in alot of areas. Much more easier to navigate your way out of there. EVERYBODY has to exit out of the same lobby. There are doors to go outside for "standard" pick ups..i.e. taxis, family, chartered rides. That is where you have to exit anyway, if you are not going to a shuttle or all inclusive. Your peeps can pick you up there. Its like all other airports now.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Susy,

Maybe meet at the restaurant/bar as you come out of the airport...by the pick-up location...I think it's called Island Grill (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) As you walk out from inside the airport..where the cabbies are...the restaurant is to your right I believe.

That and the Texaco station are all I can think of...and the Texaco station is a likkle walk up from the Terminal exit!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow, my husband would DIVORCE me if I took money from my ex!!!

Must be a HUGE relief for you to get rid of the debt though....

That is such a non-thought for me :lol::lol::lol: ...my Ex would be the one calling me for $$ and he would get... :ranting::ranting:

Congrats JG...that IS GREAT NEWS!!! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.