Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies u were all talking about hairdos yesterday a good interim hair do till u get a perm or if tryin to go natural is to twist your hair back like cornrow. Isnt it called flat twist? not sure but let that dry and it comes out really cute after u unravel it. I wear myhair like that alot when i go to JA its easier to deal with and dries fast.

I wore that for a while but let my hair loc and got tired of hubby callin me a rassta so I cut them out :blush: hubby didn't like it at all.

Here is a question. Would my hair lock up if i have a perm or do u def have to cut it out first?

um i have plenty questions today lol here goes one more. how the ####### do u add a link to a picture in ur post i been trying to do that and its not working properly

Ok this is where I can jump in the hair convo.. Ja your hair "can" Loc with a perm... But it will take a long long time because of the perm. The permed ends will unravel. You do have a few choices

1 cut it off and start from scratch

2 have someone braid your hair in single braids and let your hair grow and trim it back every now and then

3 some shops can add dreds to your hair like extensions

I cut mine off and wore braids for about 6 months, then I wore a TWA (Tiny Winy Afro) for another 3 months then I went into Locs. I've been Loc'd for 1 year now and Lovin It :luv:

i was trying to let the perm grow out but it got awful dry where the natural part was especially in the back middle of my head it was like tumble weed i broke down and got a perm after 4 mos of trying i think i wanna try again but to cut it all off my head to big for that lol i think i could wear the kinky twist i do like those in the interim if i do cut it off and start fresh my hair is really damaged from the blonde color i put in it so im trying to come back from that this guy at work did the add on locs they came out and his he has his own now they are coming along nicely my hair is very fine so i can see them slipping off of mine too or maybe they didnt do his right or something

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies u were all talking about hairdos yesterday a good interim hair do till u get a perm or if tryin to go natural is to twist your hair back like cornrow. Isnt it called flat twist? not sure but let that dry and it comes out really cute after u unravel it. I wear myhair like that alot when i go to JA its easier to deal with and dries fast.

I wore that for a while but let my hair loc and got tired of hubby callin me a rassta so I cut them out :blush: hubby didn't like it at all.

Here is a question. Would my hair lock up if i have a perm or do u def have to cut it out first?

um i have plenty questions today lol here goes one more. how the ####### do u add a link to a picture in ur post i been trying to do that and its not working properly

No it won't usually loc with a perm, you have to cut all of the perm out, or let it grow out.

I don't know about the pic I mess up every time.

Yes.. I read that u had to cut out the perm too, I was really wanting locs before I went to JA last July and of course I researched it LOL a good site was www.fotki.com , its kind of like this one, where people that have gone natural share experiences and maintenance rituals. Instead, I went w/ this braiding that gave the look of locs using that kinky twist hair..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi need fi gwaan mi bed tuh. Mi nuh sleep since yesturday. Mi get up @ 9:00am go tuh wuk until 1:00 am come ah mi yaard and toss and turn look at deh ceiling, tv and heverything else except fi deh inside of mi yeye lid dem :wacko: Nuh mi suh tired mi nuh cyaan sleep,suh mi guess mi do wha mi do best... Go pon deh road an SHOP fi likkle while :blush:

go a yuh yaad sonny..go sleep u a go drop a sleep inna di ppl dem store pon line :lol:

:lol::lol: Ok yuh seeit :yes: Mi ago buy some tings and hide dem pon deh closet before mi husband come a yaad, bwoy if 'im eva look pon mi car trunk... 'im cuss fe tru :whistle::blush:

Nuh sar mi cyaan sleep nuh mi haffi wait likkle while cause when mi do go... Mi gwaan til mawning.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Yes.. I read that u had to cut out the perm too, I was really wanting locs before I went to JA last July and of course I researched it LOL a good site was www.fotki.com , its kind of like this one, where people that have gone natural share experiences and maintenance rituals. Instead, I went w/ this braiding that gave the look of locs using that kinky twist hair..

I met a lady from fotki.com and nappurity.com (sp). Great websites :thumbs: She's going to do my hair and teach me how to take care of my natural hair.

Filed: Other Timeline

No it won't usually loc with a perm, you have to cut all of the perm out, or let it grow out.

I don't know about the pic I mess up every time.

When I had it twisted at first. I still had perm on the ends. The ends wouldn't stay twised very long or the permed ends looked like a flat mess. it looked much better once all the perm was cut out of it.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I met a lady from fotki.com and nappurity.com (sp). Great websites :thumbs: She's going to do my hair and teach me how to take care of my natural hair.

Yep great site, I'm on there some where. When I take my micro's down I have a very nice fro.

Timeline

Ok this is where I can jump in the hair convo.. Ja your hair "can" Loc with a perm... But it will take a long long time because of the perm. The permed ends will unravel. You do have a few choices

2 have someone braid your hair in single braids and let your hair grow and trim it back every now and then

I cut mine off and wore braids for about 6 months, then I wore a TWA (Tiny Winy Afro) for another 3 months then I went into Locs. I've been Loc'd for 1 year now and Lovin It :luv:

i was trying to let the perm grow out but it got awful dry where the natural part was especially in the back middle of my head it was like tumble weed i broke down and got a perm after 4 mos of trying i think i wanna try again but to cut it all off my head to big for that lol i think i could wear the kinky twist i do like those in the interim if i do cut it off and start fresh my hair is really damaged from the blonde color i put in it so im trying to come back from that this guy at work did the add on locs they came out and his he has his own now they are coming along nicely my hair is very fine so i can see them slipping off of mine too or maybe they didnt do his right or something

My hair is fine and thin also, but I have found that my hair is definatley much healthier. Check out my Fotki it shows the procress from beginning to 1 year mark. I do alot of different styles to it now... Twist out, Braid out, pony tail, and most recently I just started roller setting it.

http://public.fotki.com/Sonshyne/

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Yep great site, I'm on there some where. When I take my micro's down I have a very nice fro.

Yes it is!! That site is my staple I learned alot there about natural hair care.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

It dosen't matter how you wear your hair it will look good on you..you have good facial...bone structure. If you really want to loc it cut it off to your natural hair, the locs look really good when they short. My sister has thin hair as well, it looked real nice on her. She never locked tho, just kept washing it and retwisting it.The twist outs are nice as well. Or after you cut it off get micros or the kinky twist until your hair grows out some, then twist it.....meks mi kinda miss mine. :blush:

Timeline

I like that site too. JALove if your hair has a tendancy to get dry I would suggest leaving in conditioner...not the leave in kind...and using it mutliple time a week, while your hair is natural. I like Motions. This will intensely soften your hair. After awhile you'll notice a difference and not need to condition it as much. Also use an oil mositurizer. The kind that has the same texture of lotion or conditioner...I use Motions which is pink just like Lusters famsous brand but just not as thick and I don't like the Lusters smell. This should help with your dryness.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

On the hair topic - have any of you tried the Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner? My hair is fine but dry (WW here), so I need a leave in - I bought that on sale to try it, and it was way heavy for my hair - I gave it to my girl, who has kinda coarse hair that she usually twists - she loves the conditioner.

Different topic - anyone have any suggestions for a meeting point at MBJ? My next trip is my first of being picked up at the airport - and of travelling by myself to JA - I am a bit of an overcompulsive planner, and trying to figure out a spot - Right now I am panicking because I have a plane ticket and that's it, lol! I know things will be fine, but makes me nervous -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I like that site too. JALove if your hair has a tendancy to get dry I would suggest leaving in conditioner...not the leave in kind...and using it mutliple time a week, while your hair is natural. I like Motions. This will intensely soften your hair. After awhile you'll notice a difference and not need to condition it as much. Also use an oil mositurizer. The kind that has the same texture of lotion or conditioner...I use Motions which is pink just like Lusters famsous brand but just not as thick and I don't like the Lusters smell. This should help with your dryness.

it was only in that one spot i dunno why lik the very back middle close to the top. it normally curls up when wet but that part gave me drama!!! my hair is damage so maybe cut off start fresh is a great idea. I love motions conditioner and also i want to say its called diez Y uno lol dont quote me!!! they use that in the dominican shops i like that too. Im going to get some more motions. I miss MD for the hair stylist my hair always was right! its not the same here :( but my guy does pretty good he cuts well and works wonders with the flat iron so it comes out super straigh if u have a perm or not. Hes a rasta and jamaican. Why does everyone assume he is gay! all men that do hair arent gay :) im supposed to go tomorrow but i twisted my hair and really dont feel like sitting but i do need a good trim i havent been since october

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
On the hair topic - have any of you tried the Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner? My hair is fine but dry (WW here), so I need a leave in - I bought that on sale to try it, and it was way heavy for my hair - I gave it to my girl, who has kinda coarse hair that she usually twists - she loves the conditioner.

Different topic - anyone have any suggestions for a meeting point at MBJ? My next trip is my first of being picked up at the airport - and of travelling by myself to JA - I am a bit of an overcompulsive planner, and trying to figure out a spot - Right now I am panicking because I have a plane ticket and that's it, lol! I know things will be fine, but makes me nervous -

Sorry I don't have any ideas...I always just walked around until they found me :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.