Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies u were all talking about hairdos yesterday a good interim hair do till u get a perm or if tryin to go natural is to twist your hair back like cornrow. Isnt it called flat twist? not sure but let that dry and it comes out really cute after u unravel it. I wear myhair like that alot when i go to JA its easier to deal with and dries fast.

I wore that for a while but let my hair loc and got tired of hubby callin me a rassta so I cut them out :blush: hubby didn't like it at all.

Here is a question. Would my hair lock up if i have a perm or do u def have to cut it out first?

um i have plenty questions today lol here goes one more. how the ####### do u add a link to a picture in ur post i been trying to do that and its not working properly

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Ladies u were all talking about hairdos yesterday a good interim hair do till u get a perm or if tryin to go natural is to twist your hair back like cornrow. Isnt it called flat twist? not sure but let that dry and it comes out really cute after u unravel it. I wear myhair like that alot when i go to JA its easier to deal with and dries fast.

I love that hairdo. Maybe I'll do it this weekend. I was wearing my hair like that when I met Damien :luv:

Filed: Timeline
lawd oonuh can chat eehn..lawny wah u know bout Mt vernon..a deh mi come from

Kimmy...we avi link up...I come up there ever 2 months or so. Mi aunti just send mi a big bax a tings...she a mi favorite auntie so know how dat go...

Use to date a guy from there back in the days so I spend much of my time in between the bronx, queens, brooklyn and some place name Yonkers...a lot of my family up so.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thats what i do with my hair almost everyday. I've never had a perm cause I don't like my hair straight all the time, plus I don't think I need it. So i just flat iron it straight or wash it twist it wet...just like my Matrix Avatar, and then unravel fluff and go. its the easiest cutest natural hairstyle I've learned to do. make your hair very healthy too.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hope everyone in the northeast made it too work ok, we got hit with a surprise snowstorm, this morning. it was supposed to hit tonight, but it hit very early this morning instead and is going to last until tomorrow morning. wish these weather men could get it right at least once.

JENGS,

Please be careful. I fell this morning and ended up under my truck (don't ask). My neighbors had to pull me out. Had to go back in the house and change my clothes and I was wearing what I thought were good snow boots. My driveway is an icing ring. I'm made it to work, the streets were okay. People speeding like it was a regular day. So, be careful.

OMG, hope u are ok. i got up early this morning and shoveled. I drove like 10-15 miles/hr. the streets are BAD up here, it's supposed to turn into rain and then back to snow. it is going to be a big mess. I have to go back to the hospital this afternoon :crying: and i think i might take the train, not even a cab, after i drop the kids off.

Hello ladies - I'm the new northerner to VJ. I live up by the Vermont border and we have ice skating rinks everywhere up here as well. Definitely tired of doing the old lady shuffle across the ice all the time. Getting hit with the storm right now. I'm am so looking forward to spring! My poor guy is going to have culture shock his first winter here......

Welcome to VJ.

Your guy may welcome the cold weather. Damien enjoys it for some reason :wacko:

Thank you. And I am certainly glad to hear that! I can only hope Anthony will feel the same way.

Chris loves it too for some reason he wants to turn on fans when we go to sleep and no comforter and meanwhile im freezing

I can't believe these guys come from warm temps year round to the US and enjoy the cold so. Neil does the samething!! I end up going to bed wrapped up like a mummy because he turns the heat down low and then turns on the fan :blink: Now granted it doesn't snow here where I live.... But it does get down to low 30 sometimes 20. I brought him three coats light to heavy, he doesn't wear the heavy one at all, not even when the ground is frosted over :o

Well thank you ladies - I definitely will not worry about him anymore. I have lived here all my life and probably long for your island temps more than he will - LOL!!

And thanks for all the welcomes. When I look to see how long some of you ladies have been members, I can see everyone is like extended family here. I look forward to it. :dance:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Mi need fi gwaan mi bed tuh. Mi nuh sleep since yesturday. Mi get up @ 9:00am go tuh wuk until 1:00 am come ah mi yaard and toss and turn look at deh ceiling, tv and heverything else except fi deh inside of mi yeye lid dem :wacko: Nuh mi suh tired mi nuh cyaan sleep,suh mi guess mi do wha mi do best... Go pon deh road an SHOP fi likkle while :blush:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Other Timeline
yup... he does not wear his big hooded coat at all, says its too tall. I have the comforter on my half the bed, heat is on 60 and mind u my apt is super cold. And he barely wears a real coat just a vest and hoodie and he walks to school! its freezin out lol

We hate the cold around here. My son gets nose bleeds from the air being so warm and dry in the house cause I keep the heat blasting. When it sunny out, hubby walks around sucking his teeth cause he can't believe how bright it is outside but also soo very cold.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I wore that for a while but let my hair loc and got tired of hubby callin me a rassta so I cut them out :blush: hubby didn't like it at all.

Here is a question. Would my hair lock up if i have a perm or do u def have to cut it out first?

um i have plenty questions today lol here goes one more. how the ####### do u add a link to a picture in ur post i been trying to do that and its not working properly

No it won't usually loc with a perm, you have to cut all of the perm out, or let it grow out.

I don't know about the pic I mess up every time.

Timeline
Hope everyone in the northeast made it too work ok, we got hit with a surprise snowstorm, this morning. it was supposed to hit tonight, but it hit very early this morning instead and is going to last until tomorrow morning. wish these weather men could get it right at least once.

JENGS,

Please be careful. I fell this morning and ended up under my truck (don't ask). My neighbors had to pull me out. Had to go back in the house and change my clothes and I was wearing what I thought were good snow boots. My driveway is an icing ring. I'm made it to work, the streets were okay. People speeding like it was a regular day. So, be careful.

OMG, hope u are ok. i got up early this morning and shoveled. I drove like 10-15 miles/hr. the streets are BAD up here, it's supposed to turn into rain and then back to snow. it is going to be a big mess. I have to go back to the hospital this afternoon :crying: and i think i might take the train, not even a cab, after i drop the kids off.

Hello ladies - I'm the new northerner to VJ. I live up by the Vermont border and we have ice skating rinks everywhere up here as well. Definitely tired of doing the old lady shuffle across the ice all the time. Getting hit with the storm right now. I'm am so looking forward to spring! My poor guy is going to have culture shock his first winter here......

Welcome to VJ.

Your guy may welcome the cold weather. Damien enjoys it for some reason :wacko:

Thank you. And I am certainly glad to hear that! I can only hope Anthony will feel the same way.

Chris loves it too for some reason he wants to turn on fans when we go to sleep and no comforter and meanwhile im freezing

I can't believe these guys come from warm temps year round to the US and enjoy the cold so. Neil does the samething!! I end up going to bed wrapped up like a mummy because he turns the heat down low and then turns on the fan :blink: Now granted it doesn't snow here where I live.... But it does get down to low 30 sometimes 20. I brought him three coats light to heavy, he doesn't wear the heavy one at all, not even when the ground is frosted over :o

I think RG would be like this too, he hates to be hot and he never goes to the beach.. he says his son tells him " Daddy, I don't think you really a Jamaican" LOL If he gets his visitor visa, he says the first thing he wants to do is go ice skating.. Go figure.. I used to think maybe its just wanting what u don't have, but I live in a pretty warm climate, and I don't want no parts of that ice and snow

Timeline
lawd oonuh can chat eehn..lawny wah u know bout Mt vernon..a deh mi come from

Kimmy...we avi link up...I come up there ever 2 months or so. Mi aunti just send mi a big bax a tings...she a mi favorite auntie so know how dat go...

Use to date a guy from there back in the days so I spend much of my time in between the bronx, queens, brooklyn and some place name Yonkers...a lot of my family up so.

yea man when u ready....yonkers deh near mt.vernon tuh...hate dat place full a blasted hill

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
My pickney are home for the second day......they are driving me crazy :blink::wacko:

That's why I came to work :lol:

I only have one but she called her friends over. Sitting in the house with teenage girls so not fun.

Mi need fi gwaan mi bed tuh. Mi nuh sleep since yesturday. Mi get up @ 9:00am go tuh wuk until 1:00 am come ah mi yaard and toss and turn look at deh ceiling, tv and heverything else except fi deh inside of mi yeye lid dem :wacko: Nuh mi suh tired mi nuh cyaan sleep,suh mi guess mi do wha mi do best... Go pon deh road an SHOP fi likkle while :blush:

I worked last night but i cyn't sleep wit the munchkins runnin round meking so much noise. On top of that hubby calls me every five min, did you do this, or that :angry:

Timeline

go a yuh yaad sonny..go sleep u a go drop a sleep inna di ppl dem store pon line :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Ok this is where I can jump in the hair convo.. Ja your hair "can" Loc with a perm... But it will take a long long time because of the perm. The permed ends will unravel. You do have a few choices

1 cut it off and start from scratch

2 have someone braid your hair in single braids and let your hair grow and trim it back every now and then

3 some shops can add dreds to your hair like extensions

I cut mine off and wore braids for about 6 months, then I wore a TWA (Tiny Winy Afro) for another 3 months then I went into Locs. I've been Loc'd for 1 year now and Lovin It :luv:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
yup... he does not wear his big hooded coat at all, says its too tall. I have the comforter on my half the bed, heat is on 60 and mind u my apt is super cold. And he barely wears a real coat just a vest and hoodie and he walks to school! its freezin out lol

We hate the cold around here. My son gets nose bleeds from the air being so warm and dry in the house cause I keep the heat blasting. When it sunny out, hubby walks around sucking his teeth cause he can't believe how bright it is outside but also soo very cold.

You should look into get a humidifer for your home. My brother used to have the same problems as we heated our home with a woodstove and that helped him with the nose bleeds.

I was trying to explain that very thing to Anthony the other day - sunshine does not mean heat!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.