Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hope everyone in the northeast made it too work ok, we got hit with a surprise snowstorm, this morning. it was supposed to hit tonight, but it hit very early this morning instead and is going to last until tomorrow morning. wish these weather men could get it right at least once.

JENGS,

Please be careful. I fell this morning and ended up under my truck (don't ask). My neighbors had to pull me out. Had to go back in the house and change my clothes and I was wearing what I thought were good snow boots. My driveway is an icing ring. I'm made it to work, the streets were okay. People speeding like it was a regular day. So, be careful.

OMG, hope u are ok. i got up early this morning and shoveled. I drove like 10-15 miles/hr. the streets are BAD up here, it's supposed to turn into rain and then back to snow. it is going to be a big mess. I have to go back to the hospital this afternoon :crying: and i think i might take the train, not even a cab, after i drop the kids off.

Hello ladies - I'm the new northerner to VJ. I live up by the Vermont border and we have ice skating rinks everywhere up here as well. Definitely tired of doing the old lady shuffle across the ice all the time. Getting hit with the storm right now. I'm am so looking forward to spring! My poor guy is going to have culture shock his first winter here......

Welcome to VJ.

Your guy may welcome the cold weather. Damien enjoys it for some reason :wacko:

Thank you. And I am certainly glad to hear that! I can only hope Anthony will feel the same way.

Chris loves it too for some reason he wants to turn on fans when we go to sleep and no comforter and meanwhile im freezing

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello ladies - I'm the new northerner to VJ. I live up by the Vermont border and we have ice skating rinks everywhere up here as well. Definitely tired of doing the old lady shuffle across the ice all the time. Getting hit with the storm right now. I'm am so looking forward to spring! My poor guy is going to have culture shock his first winter here......

Hi Islands welcome to VJ :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Howdy Family, :luv:

Lawd wat a way onnuh can CHAT!!!! :lol:

Kimkim, I hate to tell you this, but Chica I damn near drove myself CRAZY :wacko: ...trying to potty training my two! Finally, when I let go and let G-d...they figured it out on their own! (I just wish they would LIFT UP the toilet seat instead of playing 'How well can we pee in the toilet set hole!!' :angry: ) Kimorie will git it...don't push her too much! I did what Nans recommended, pull-ups, every dyam ting...and finally it wasn't til they were ready...be patient Sweets. I used to say well sometime before they reach 18 hopefully they will pee in the potty!

Lawny, sarry fi ear bout yuh nast fall Chica! Iam sure yuh a guh ave some nasty bruise dem inna deh mawning :( . Also sarry fi ear bout yuh friend ...it's a disgrace how some lawyers will take advantage of innocence people in need of assistance! She should call about 8-12 immigration lawyers and get an average cost of a how much they charge for a k-1 visa! I would then submit my information and a letter to the State Bar of Lawyers in her State! This way he is on record of overcharging. They will let him know that he is now on probation and one more complaint in this nature could get him disbarred. That's if no one else has made a complaint against him for this same issue in the past!

SJB :lol::lol: ...You're my type of Gurl!! :thumbs: ...Hopefully, my bedroom will be more for rooksing and less for sleeping when Ken gets here! :devil:

IslandWoman, WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! :luv: It's so nice to have you with us! I know what you mean about the ice rink! My job closed today...I went out shoveled 10 inches of cold wet snow of mu property for an hour and a half! Came back inside...feed the boys and went to sleep!! Just think the official start of spring is only a month away! (F)(F) Again, welcome and it's nice to have you!

Jengy SISTREN!!! You were the first one I thought of this mawning!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...TEK HIT EASY OUT THERE!!!!! Tonight it's gonna freeze...suh JUST TEK YUH TIME GOING WHEREVER YUH GOING!!!!! :unsure:

Sonny,Chica, what a wonderful surprise for Hubby!!!! :luv: I know what you mean about keeping good secrets!! I SUCK!! I just get so excited...I want to spill the beans...(Kimkim can testify to that :lol::lol: ) Well Gurl, go as lang as you can...it's the thought that counts and I am sure he will be appreciative!

Yardie, Gurl, I love your crazy looking cat! That's EXACTLY how I looked when I cam in afta shovling this mawning!! This week felt like it would never end! It's like the closer my interview date gets...the crazier I feel!! :blink: Hang in there Chica!!! Know that you are loved :luv: & supported by your Yardie Fam!

JA-JAThanks for the info about the visa $$. I am so dyam confused! I'll call you later to find out what exactly Ken should be paying at this point!

Ok, I think that's it...I love you guys...I'll check in later...I'm going back to bed!

(L):luv:

Bless-bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Hope everyone in the northeast made it too work ok, we got hit with a surprise snowstorm, this morning. it was supposed to hit tonight, but it hit very early this morning instead and is going to last until tomorrow morning. wish these weather men could get it right at least once.

JENGS,

Please be careful. I fell this morning and ended up under my truck (don't ask). My neighbors had to pull me out. Had to go back in the house and change my clothes and I was wearing what I thought were good snow boots. My driveway is an icing ring. I'm made it to work, the streets were okay. People speeding like it was a regular day. So, be careful.

OMG, hope u are ok. i got up early this morning and shoveled. I drove like 10-15 miles/hr. the streets are BAD up here, it's supposed to turn into rain and then back to snow. it is going to be a big mess. I have to go back to the hospital this afternoon :crying: and i think i might take the train, not even a cab, after i drop the kids off.

Welcome to VJ.

Thank you. And I am certainly glad to hear that! I can only hope Anthony will feel the same way.

Chris loves it too for some reason he wants to turn on fans when we go to sleep and no comforter and meanwhile im freezing

I can't believe these guys come from warm temps year round to the US and enjoy the cold so. Neil does the samething!! I end up going to bed wrapped up like a mummy because he turns the heat down low and then turns on the fan :blink: Now granted it doesn't snow here where I live.... But it does get down to low 30 sometimes 20. I brought him three coats light to heavy, he doesn't wear the heavy one at all, not even when the ground is frosted over :o

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Ladies u were all talking about hairdos yesterday a good interim hair do till u get a perm or if tryin to go natural is to twist your hair back like cornrow. Isnt it called flat twist? not sure but let that dry and it comes out really cute after u unravel it. I wear myhair like that alot when i go to JA its easier to deal with and dries fast.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Gill..mi feel like yuh..to bed here i come..my husband (cannot stay in the house to save his life) want to go down to mt.vernon...nope not me ..mi not going out there...u go tek di train ar how ever but kimmy not driving and mi nha mek u drive my cyar..cho how dem so blasted stubbon more time...

And welcome Islandwoman...

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I can't believe these guys come from warm temps year round to the US and enjoy the cold so. Neil does the samething!! I end up going to bed wrapped up like a mummy because he turns the heat down low and then turns on the fan :blink: Now granted it doesn't snow here where I live.... But it does get down to low 30 sometimes 20. I brought him three coats light to heavy, he doesn't wear the heavy one at all, not even when the ground is frosted over :o

yup... he does not wear his big hooded coat at all, says its too tall. I have the comforter on my half the bed, heat is on 60 and mind u my apt is super cold. And he barely wears a real coat just a vest and hoodie and he walks to school! its freezin out lol

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good mawning Fam Happy Friday :dance::dance:

Welcome back Lita and Sunny. All this chat bout yaard has me ready to go right now... April cyaan come fast enuf fi mi yuh knoa :crying::crying:

I have a big surprise fe mi husband... It will be one year fram 'im left 'im yaard to come 'ere and his birthday is in April also. He nuh knoa ei yet but... He will celerate inna yaard :yes:

Since 'im nuh have vacation time until de summa time, I was going to go by myself in April, then we would go back together in August. What 'im doan knoa is mi haffi wan big secret :devil: Mi gwaan fe chat wit 'im boss dem han beg dem let 'im haffi likkle vacation. Mi ago buy deh tickets dem and nuh tell mi husband hanything huntil 2-3 days before ie time fi go :no: He gwan have a 1 year reunion wit 'im pickney dem and a b-day celebration all inna one. Bwoy 'im gwan be surprised fe tru!!

Nuh mi must tell yuh.... Mi nuh good at keeping suprise fe tuh lang :whistle: Dis 'ere gwan kill mi dead :lol: Mi ask 'im dis mawning fi buy mi wan ticket tuh yaard fe next month, 'im ask mi seh when yuh ago?? Mi seh April 15... 'im seh wha?? Yuh gwan pon mi B-day and lef mi ere alone?? Yuh Mad!!??

Sunny, April 15 is Mike's birthday too. What a coincidence!!! :lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Other Timeline
Ladies u were all talking about hairdos yesterday a good interim hair do till u get a perm or if tryin to go natural is to twist your hair back like cornrow. Isnt it called flat twist? not sure but let that dry and it comes out really cute after u unravel it. I wear myhair like that alot when i go to JA its easier to deal with and dries fast.

I wore that for a while but let my hair loc and got tired of hubby callin me a rassta so I cut them out :blush: hubby didn't like it at all.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Howdy Family, :luv:

Lawd wat a way onnuh can CHAT!!!! :lol:

Kimkim, I hate to tell you this, but Chica I damn near drove myself CRAZY :wacko: ...trying to potty training my two! Finally, when I let go and let G-d...they figured it out on their own! (I just wish they would LIFT UP the toilet seat instead of playing 'How well can we pee in the toilet set hole!!' :angry: ) Kimorie will git it...don't push her too much! I did what Nans recommended, pull-ups, every dyam ting...and finally it wasn't til they were ready...be patient Sweets. I used to say well sometime before they reach 18 hopefully they will pee in the potty!

Lawny, sarry fi ear bout yuh nast fall Chica! Iam sure yuh a guh ave some nasty bruise dem inna deh mawning :( . Also sarry fi ear bout yuh friend ...it's a disgrace how some lawyers will take advantage of innocence people in need of assistance! She should call about 8-12 immigration lawyers and get an average cost of a how much they charge for a k-1 visa! I would then submit my information and a letter to the State Bar of Lawyers in her State! This way he is on record of overcharging. They will let him know that he is now on probation and one more complaint in this nature could get him disbarred. That's if no one else has made a complaint against him for this same issue in the past!

SJB :lol::lol: ...You're my type of Gurl!! :thumbs: ...Hopefully, my bedroom will be more for rooksing and less for sleeping when Ken gets here! :devil:

IslandWoman, WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! :luv: It's so nice to have you with us! I know what you mean about the ice rink! My job closed today...I went out shoveled 10 inches of cold wet snow of mu property for an hour and a half! Came back inside...feed the boys and went to sleep!! Just think the official start of spring is only a month away! (F)(F) Again, welcome and it's nice to have you!

Jengy SISTREN!!! You were the first one I thought of this mawning!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...TEK HIT EASY OUT THERE!!!!! Tonight it's gonna freeze...suh JUST TEK YUH TIME GOING WHEREVER YUH GOING!!!!! :unsure:

Sonny,Chica, what a wonderful surprise for Hubby!!!! :luv: I know what you mean about keeping good secrets!! I SUCK!! I just get so excited...I want to spill the beans...(Kimkim can testify to that :lol::lol: ) Well Gurl, go as lang as you can...it's the thought that counts and I am sure he will be appreciative!

Yardie, Gurl, I love your crazy looking cat! That's EXACTLY how I looked when I cam in afta shovling this mawning!! This week felt like it would never end! It's like the closer my interview date gets...the crazier I feel!! :blink: Hang in there Chica!!! Know that you are loved :luv: & supported by your Yardie Fam!

JA-JAThanks for the info about the visa $$. I am so dyam confused! I'll call you later to find out what exactly Ken should be paying at this point!

Ok, I think that's it...I love you guys...I'll check in later...I'm going back to bed!

(L)

Bless-bless,

Gill

hey! where is friday chuckle! u cant go sleep yet till u post dat

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JENGS,

Welcome to VJ.

when mike 1st got here...he would wear a hat and gloves to bed :wacko: i would get so mad...but then this season he liked the cold rather then the summer.... :blink: and would go outside without a jacket on and put on the fan....crazy...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.