Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I am feeling okay. Thanks for asking. Sore and a little loopy from the Tylenol #3. Sore as hell. I've only been able to sit here for short periods of time.

Andre,(God help us all) has been trying to "help" me.

I am missing you girls.

You want to tell him to leave u alone, don't u?? but if he wasn't trying to help u would be mad at him for that so leff him alone.

Don't you just luv them. My sweet husband brought me the greasiest breakfast in bed this morning. I didn't dar complain. :blush:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Trelawny - every state has a bar association that oversees attorneys. They all have some type of grievance panel that people can file complaints against attorneys in - cost is minimal or none, and can be one of an attorney's WORST nightmares to have a grievance filed against them - I am a paralegal, and trust me, nothing strikes fear into an attorney's heart quicker than hearing that word! It doesn't sound like she went to an attorney who normally does immigration work, or at least family based. Unfortunately, there are a lot of attorneys out there who will take any kind of case, even if they aren't familiar in the area - some just think they can do it all.

Thanks. All they do is immigration work...mostly family based and asylum.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That makes it even more scary! Think of how many people are using them and getting wrong info? I did some pro bono immigration work at the last firm I was with - I have always worked in litigation, and dealing with immigration was a completely different world. We had a special immigrant juvenile petition for a young girl who had been brought to the US as a slave - I couldn't believe how many hours I spent researching and learning to try to work through the process. Actually - you all can relate with going through these visas yourself!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

That makes it even more scary! Think of how many people are using them and getting wrong info? I did some pro bono immigration work at the last firm I was with - I have always worked in litigation, and dealing with immigration was a completely different world. We had a special immigrant juvenile petition for a young girl who had been brought to the US as a slave - I couldn't believe how many hours I spent researching and learning to try to work through the process. Actually - you all can relate with going through these visas yourself!

Yes, I understand. I also do legal work on the side, so you know I'm very upset. By the way, her son called. The assistant had CR1 (don't know what that means) or something like that in the file, but K-1 was entered in the computer. Attorney is in a meeting, so they're going to sit there a wait. It it was me, I would sit right in front of the conference room door. The only way he's getting out that building is the jump out of the window.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

...............mi have a question. Well, my co-worker have a question. What is the difference between a I-134 and I-864. My co-worker used a lawyer, her fiance is from Jamaica. She doing K-1. I was on the phone with her and the lawyer's assistance and the woman told her that she needs to pay $380.00 more once the received a bill from NVC. $80.00 for the visa and $300.00 to process the I-864? What is the I-864 for? I thought you had to file a I-134. And I thought you paid for the visa before the interview. Please correct me. She pay all this damn money and the attorney can't even talk to her or answer her e-mails. I would cuss some BBclatt if that was me. But she's a quiet lady and well...cho. I just hate to see people taken advantage of. I don't remember reading anything about I-864 when I put my packet together. Lawddd did I miss something.

Little Red Riding Hood is quicking my body with CRAMPS this month.

ok the I-864 is for the AOS unless she needs a co-sponser and sometimes the embassy will request the co-sponser fill out a I-864..that happend to me....

from what i remember and when is being done as of today she has to pay for the visa/interview ahead of time...i think it is 100.00$

i am a little confused...is she doing a k-1 or or k-3/cr-1......because i thought when you send the packet in for the K-1 you send a long the money you don't get a bill...

Lawd...now now mi worse confused. She filed K-1. So, you do have to pay for the visa for the K-1 ahead of time. They're telling her she has to pay the visa fee for the K-1 here in the US and NVC will send the receipt to the consulate in Jamaica. I don't remember reading that anywhere.

She did send the packet for the K-1 and paid $455. She's received her approval I think last month or December. She doesn't have an interview date yet. I have to ask her again. The paralegal in her attorney's office is told her she needs to pay $80.00 for the non-immigrant visa and $300 to process the I-864. And all her fiance need to do is show up with the police certificate and the approval notice and attend the interview when it's scheduled. Her fiance will not need to bring an affidavit of support, tax records, employment, etc...anything like that at the itnerview. I told her to go to the attorney's office. Does that sound right?

Dunno what they talkin about chris paid 100 for the visa at paymaster in Mobay a few days before the interview and i filled out an I134 and had it notorized.. didnt do the 864 till AOS. We did K-1 finished in October 07.

Ditto, sound like they have the non-immigrant and the immigrant visa's mixed up. I'd dump them real quick. What is the 80$ for? 300$ to process the I864? What is there to process?? :wacko: they sound money hungry to me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

4 hours and 40 minutes to go till im outside cleanin off my car to leave work! im bad right i count down daily the time to leave.

Edited by JALOVE

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

wow it got quiet in here all of a sudden :unsure:

I went to yoga, then step but it was canceled, so now I'm bord and hubby won't get off work for another two hours.

Brownie,

You a look fuh a next kindda wukhout! ;):lol::lol: ...no joke rooksing does burn hoff some MAD calories! Keep hup deh good work Chica!! :thumbs:

Gill

I know :devil: He won't come close to mi right now tho :thumbs::whistle: I'm tellin you I like to rooks just like de next, but mi luv mi breaks too :lol: I was in the same place yo :lol::lol: u were a few years ago thought I was never going to get enough..and as much as I luv it my man neva gets tyred :no:

:yes: I haven't had any sleep in 3.5 years :luv:

I know...I thought about you yesterday..and our conversation two years ago :lol:

Timeline
Hope everyone in the northeast made it too work ok, we got hit with a surprise snowstorm, this morning. it was supposed to hit tonight, but it hit very early this morning instead and is going to last until tomorrow morning. wish these weather men could get it right at least once.

JENGS,

Please be careful. I fell this morning and ended up under my truck (don't ask). My neighbors had to pull me out. Had to go back in the house and change my clothes and I was wearing what I thought were good snow boots. My driveway is an icing ring. I'm made it to work, the streets were okay. People speeding like it was a regular day. So, be careful.

OMG, hope u are ok. i got up early this morning and shoveled. I drove like 10-15 miles/hr. the streets are BAD up here, it's supposed to turn into rain and then back to snow. it is going to be a big mess. I have to go back to the hospital this afternoon :crying: and i think i might take the train, not even a cab, after i drop the kids off.

Hello ladies - I'm the new northerner to VJ. I live up by the Vermont border and we have ice skating rinks everywhere up here as well. Definitely tired of doing the old lady shuffle across the ice all the time. Getting hit with the storm right now. I'm am so looking forward to spring! My poor guy is going to have culture shock his first winter here......

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

4 hours and 40 minutes to go till im outside cleanin off my car to leave work! im bad right i count down daily the time to leave.

Girl, you're killing me. So, I'll join you. I have 45 mins to go but I have an underground garage.... :wacko:

tep aff a mi name

Hope everyone in the northeast made it too work ok, we got hit with a surprise snowstorm, this morning. it was supposed to hit tonight, but it hit very early this morning instead and is going to last until tomorrow morning. wish these weather men could get it right at least once.

JENGS,

Please be careful. I fell this morning and ended up under my truck (don't ask). My neighbors had to pull me out. Had to go back in the house and change my clothes and I was wearing what I thought were good snow boots. My driveway is an icing ring. I'm made it to work, the streets were okay. People speeding like it was a regular day. So, be careful.

OMG, hope u are ok. i got up early this morning and shoveled. I drove like 10-15 miles/hr. the streets are BAD up here, it's supposed to turn into rain and then back to snow. it is going to be a big mess. I have to go back to the hospital this afternoon :crying: and i think i might take the train, not even a cab, after i drop the kids off.

Hello ladies - I'm the new northerner to VJ. I live up by the Vermont border and we have ice skating rinks everywhere up here as well. Definitely tired of doing the old lady shuffle across the ice all the time. Getting hit with the storm right now. I'm am so looking forward to spring! My poor guy is going to have culture shock his first winter here......

Welcome,

I share your pain. I told my fiance that winters are mild in MD....(sometimes)...he says he's not going out when it's warm. I told him he's going to starve to death. Be careful. I ended up under my truck this morning.

Brownie,

I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell.

JENGS,

How far is Whitehall from Mt. Vernon?

tep aff a mi name

Hi! welcome.

Timeline

JENGS,

Welcome to VJ.

Your guy may welcome the cold weather. Damien enjoys it for some reason :wacko:

Timeline

JENGS,

Welcome,

I share your pain. I told my fiance that winters are mild in MD....(sometimes)...he says he's not going out when it's warm. I told him he's going to starve to death. Be careful. I ended up under my truck this morning.

Brownie,

I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell.

JENGS,

How far is Whitehall from Mt. Vernon?

About 4 hours - 1 hour north of Albany.

Timeline

JENGS,

Welcome to VJ.

Thank you. And I am certainly glad to hear that! I can only hope Anthony will feel the same way.

Timeline
Welcome to VJ.

Thank you. And I am certainly glad to hear that! I can only hope Anthony will feel the same way.

My hubby didn't wear a coat the first winter...just a long sleeve shirt, gloves, sunglasses, jeans and boots :help:

I always have to remind him to wear a coat. He's loves the cold weather...not me.

We recently switched cars because the heat works better in one car than the other. I let him drive the "icebox".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.