Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good mawning Fam Happy Friday :dance::dance:

Welcome back Lita and Sunny. All this chat bout yaard has me ready to go right now... April cyaan come fast enuf fi mi yuh knoa :crying::crying:

I have a big surprise fe mi husband... It will be one year fram 'im left 'im yaard to come 'ere and his birthday is in April also. He nuh knoa ei yet but... He will celerate inna yaard :yes:

Since 'im nuh have vacation time until de summa time, I was going to go by myself in April, then we would go back together in August. What 'im doan knoa is mi haffi wan big secret :devil: Mi gwaan fe chat wit 'im boss dem han beg dem let 'im haffi likkle vacation. Mi ago buy deh tickets dem and nuh tell mi husband hanything huntil 2-3 days before ie time fi go :no: He gwan have a 1 year reunion wit 'im pickney dem and a b-day celebration all inna one. Bwoy 'im gwan be surprised fe tru!!

Nuh mi must tell yuh.... Mi nuh good at keeping suprise fe tuh lang :whistle: Dis 'ere gwan kill mi dead :lol: Mi ask 'im dis mawning fi buy mi wan ticket tuh yaard fe next month, 'im ask mi seh when yuh ago?? Mi seh April 15... 'im seh wha?? Yuh gwan pon mi B-day and lef mi ere alone?? Yuh Mad!!??

Shyne,

Tell im seh u ago di week before...den mi a u can party like a ROCK STAR

Lawny wen yuh ago? Maybe we'll cross paths

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
...............mi have a question. Well, my co-worker have a question. What is the difference between a I-134 and I-864. My co-worker used a lawyer, her fiance is from Jamaica. She doing K-1. I was on the phone with her and the lawyer's assistance and the woman told her that she needs to pay $380.00 more once the received a bill from NVC. $80.00 for the visa and $300.00 to process the I-864? What is the I-864 for? I thought you had to file a I-134. And I thought you paid for the visa before the interview. Please correct me. She pay all this damn money and the attorney can't even talk to her or answer her e-mails. I would cuss some BBclatt if that was me. But she's a quiet lady and well...cho. I just hate to see people taken advantage of. I don't remember reading anything about I-864 when I put my packet together. Lawddd did I miss something.

Little Red Riding Hood is quicking my body with CRAMPS this month.

ok the I-864 is for the AOS unless she needs a co-sponser and sometimes the embassy will request the co-sponser fill out a I-864..that happend to me....

from what i remember and when is being done as of today she has to pay for the visa/interview ahead of time...i think it is 100.00$

i am a little confused...is she doing a k-1 or or k-3/cr-1......because i thought when you send the packet in for the K-1 you send a long the money you don't get a bill...

Lawd...now now mi worse confused. She filed K-1. So, you do have to pay for the visa for the K-1 ahead of time. They're telling her she has to pay the visa fee for the K-1 here in the US and NVC will send the receipt to the consulate in Jamaica. I don't remember reading that anywhere.

She did send the packet for the K-1 and paid $455. She's received her approval I think last month or December. She doesn't have an interview date yet. I have to ask her again. The paralegal in her attorney's office is told her she needs to pay $80.00 for the non-immigrant visa and $300 to process the I-864. And all her fiance need to do is show up with the police certificate and the approval notice and attend the interview when it's scheduled. Her fiance will not need to bring an affidavit of support, tax records, employment, etc...anything like that at the itnerview. I told her to go to the attorney's office. Does that sound right?

Welcome back Lita and Sunny. All this chat bout yaard has me ready to go right now... April cyaan come fast enuf fi mi yuh knoa :crying::crying:

I have a big surprise fe mi husband... It will be one year fram 'im left 'im yaard to come 'ere and his birthday is in April also. He nuh knoa ei yet but... He will celerate inna yaard :yes:

Since 'im nuh have vacation time until de summa time, I was going to go by myself in April, then we would go back together in August. What 'im doan knoa is mi haffi wan big secret :devil: Mi gwaan fe chat wit 'im boss dem han beg dem let 'im haffi likkle vacation. Mi ago buy deh tickets dem and nuh tell mi husband hanything huntil 2-3 days before ie time fi go :no: He gwan have a 1 year reunion wit 'im pickney dem and a b-day celebration all inna one. Bwoy 'im gwan be surprised fe tru!!

Nuh mi must tell yuh.... Mi nuh good at keeping suprise fe tuh lang :whistle: Dis 'ere gwan kill mi dead :lol: Mi ask 'im dis mawning fi buy mi wan ticket tuh yaard fe next month, 'im ask mi seh when yuh ago?? Mi seh April 15... 'im seh wha?? Yuh gwan pon mi B-day and lef mi ere alone?? Yuh Mad!!??

Shyne,

Shyne, mi caan wait mek mi type eh BIG...WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9, 2008 TO SATURDAY, APRIL 19, 2008...mi boss tink mi a come back to work di 16th...but ar rass...mi tiyad a dem...mi a support 134 people and mi tiyad...besides I need some LOVING :crying: or mi ago MAD

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

...............mi have a question. Well, my co-worker have a question. What is the difference between a I-134 and I-864. My co-worker used a lawyer, her fiance is from Jamaica. She doing K-1. I was on the phone with her and the lawyer's assistance and the woman told her that she needs to pay $380.00 more once the received a bill from NVC. $80.00 for the visa and $300.00 to process the I-864? What is the I-864 for? I thought you had to file a I-134. And I thought you paid for the visa before the interview. Please correct me. She pay all this damn money and the attorney can't even talk to her or answer her e-mails. I would cuss some BBclatt if that was me. But she's a quiet lady and well...cho. I just hate to see people taken advantage of. I don't remember reading anything about I-864 when I put my packet together. Lawddd did I miss something.

ok the I-864 is for the AOS unless she needs a co-sponser and sometimes the embassy will request the co-sponser fill out a I-864..that happend to me....

from what i remember and when is being done as of today she has to pay for the visa/interview ahead of time...i think it is 100.00$

i am a little confused...is she doing a k-1 or or k-3/cr-1......because i thought when you send the packet in for the K-1 you send a long the money you don't get a bill...

Lawd...now now mi worse confused. She filed K-1. So, you do have to pay for the visa for the K-1 ahead of time. They're telling her she has to pay the visa fee for the K-1 here in the US and NVC will send the receipt to the consulate in Jamaica. I don't remember reading that anywhere.

She did send the packet for the K-1 and paid $455. She's received her approval I think last month or December. She doesn't have an interview date yet. I have to ask her again. The paralegal in her attorney's office is told her she needs to pay $80.00 for the non-immigrant visa and $300 to process the I-864. And all her fiance need to do is show up with the police certificate and the approval notice and attend the interview when it's scheduled. Her fiance will not need to bring an affidavit of support, tax records, employment, etc...anything like that at the itnerview. I told her to go to the attorney's office. Does that sound right?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Shyne,

Shyne, mi caan wait mek mi type eh BIG...WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9, 2008 TO SATURDAY, APRIL 19, 2008...mi boss tink mi a come back to work di 16th...but ar rass...mi tiyad a dem...mi a support 134 people and mi tiyad...besides I need some LOVING :crying: or mi ago MAD

I'll be there April 15 - 23rd. We'll have to meet up and have a drink!! Don't go mad hold on and be strong, yuh time soon come :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

I see 7 people here.. Wha gwaan everybody reading and nuh chat?? Where Gill she nuh post deh daily chukkle yet.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shyne,

This will be such a sweet surprise. WOW a whole year has went by since he has seen JA, he will be ecstatic!!

Good luck keeping the secret, dang girl what will be your reason for going without him near his BDAY?? LOL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dunno what they talkin about chris paid 100 for the visa at paymaster in Mobay a few days before the interview and i filled out an I134 and had it notorized.. didnt do the 864 till AOS. We did K-1 finished in October 07.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Dunno what they talkin about chris paid 100 for the visa at paymaster in Mobay a few days before the interview and i filled out an I134 and had it notorized.. didnt do the 864 till AOS. We did K-1 finished in October 07.

Thanks Jah'love, that's how I remember reading it. I think the fee is $131 now. She just read what you posted, now she upset. I told her to go to the attorney's office and sit there until he talks to her. They charged her $2250 to process her K-1. Mi wah know wah dem do fidat mout a money.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Im here countin the hours down till its time to go home! I bet it i will be a sure traffic mess at 730 when i leave if it does start rainin over that snow. Today is bonus check day im up here tryin to figure what to do with the money. Most likely it will be pay off more jamaica debt i created. I have a few Gs more to go! Im still gon treat myself to something i worked hard last year !!! Hope u all are having a great day.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

Thanks Jah'love, that's how I remember reading it. I think the fee is $131 now. She just read what you posted, now she upset. I told her to go to the attorney's office and sit there until he talks to her. They charged her $2250 to process her K-1. Mi wah know wah dem do fidat mout a money.

sounds like they are talkin about the cr1 to her they need to read up on their visa types k1 doesnt get any form of bill in the mail and i havent heard of any recent changes since the fee changes in july tell her ask before she goes paying all that money. Like you said i would go down there and talk face to face and do some research of my own online before dishing out any money. i thought 131 was for the visitor visa fee. I belive its like 132 i was just checking that for someone let me do some research u got me curious now. Be right back! lol

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

$2250?!?!? Wooieee mi inna di wrong business *kissteet* All that information they told her doesn't sound right. JAlove's info sounds more accurate from what others have experienced. Good luck to her...lawyers can be a pain in the a$$

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline

sounds like they are talkin about the cr1 to her they need to read up on their visa types k1 doesnt get any form of bill in the mail and i havent heard of any recent changes since the fee changes in july tell her ask before she goes paying all that money. Like you said i would go down there and talk face to face and do some research of my own online before dishing out any money. i thought 131 was for the visitor visa fee. I belive its like 132 i was just checking that for someone let me do some research u got me curious now. Be right back! lol

ok im back the fee did increse!!!

Application Fees for Non-Immigrant Visas to Increase On January 1, 2008

Effective January 1, 2008, the application fee for a U.S. non-immigrant visa will increase from $100 to $131. This increase allows the Department to recover the costs of security and other enhancements to the non-immigrant visa application process. This increase applies both to non-immigrant visas issued on machine-readable foils in passports and to border crossing cards issued to certain applicants in Mexico.

Applicants who paid the prior $100 application fee before January 1 will be processed only if they are scheduled and appear for a visa interview on or before January 31. Applicants who paid the prior $100 application fee and appear for visa interviews after January 31, 2008 must pay the difference -- $31 -- before they will be interviewed.

The Department is required by law to attempt to recover the cost of processing non-immigrant visas through the collection of the Machine-Readable Visa application fee. Because of new security-related costs, new information technology systems, and inflation, the $100 Machine-Readable Visa fee is lower than the actual cost of processing non-immigrant visas. In fact, the $100 fee was already lower than the cost of processing non-immigrant visas when the fee was reviewed as a part of the cost of service study in 2004. The Department has been absorbing the additional cost. We are now collecting 10 fingerprints from each applicant, and the cost charged by the FBI to review those fingerprints no longer allows us to do this. The application fee has increased twice since September 11, 2001, the last time in 2002.

2007/1133

Released on December 13, 2007

Edited by JALOVE

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline

ok now im checkin on the 380 you mention. Be right back again :)

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Timeline
I know yall don't like puss but this is an accuarate picture of how I feel...juss doan mind da puss.

tgif.jpg

YARDIE,

I kid you not. That is how my hair looks right now. It got wet this morning when I fell under my truck :crying: and I came to work just like this.

(((Lawny))) Hush girl...I am sure you look fine. Are you feeling alright from the fall?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

he charged her how much????? OH GOODNESS...i hate to say it but she was taken for a ride!!!!! i went through a lawyer for the k-1 and spent like 350.00 and he got back to me whenever i called or e-mailed....he was very very nice and helped.....

i just re read what you posted....she needs to fire whoever she hired because what they told her is all WRONG!!!!!!yes she pays for the i-295 or whatever that is the k-1 application....BUT he has to go to the paymaster and pay 100 bucks in JA....they are 2 different fees.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.