Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good news ladies!! i have to share i feel great!! Mommy got her her pet scan results today to see if the chemotherapy is working they said that her lymph nodes are shrinking and she may only need 6 treatments instead of 8! She is a trooper she is hangin in there! i admire her strength. They said there is a chance the cancer may return but for now things are looking great. God is good. Treatment 5 is next week. :dance:

77.gif That is fantastic news! :dance: I am so happy for Mom and your family!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Jams, I saw a picture of you in the Yahoo photo book with twists...they look so nice! I waer my hair in a ponytail EVERYDAY!! Until, my hair line started to look like Susan Taylor (from Essence)!! Than's when I cut them into bangs...then I looked like a fat, brown, Portia Simpson Miller...moral of the story...I am NEVER blood cleat happy wid my hair! So now it back into a ponytail with bangs...hot dyam mess!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Gill

:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like a hot mess fi tru! I love the twists for my hair :yes: It would only cost about US $5 to do it in JA at the local hairshop or my friends would do it for me for free. Unfortunately no one knows how to do it around here and the one shop I inquired about said it would cost between $75-100 :o I can't bother with that amount of money for a hairstyle that lasts a week or 2 at the most.

Filed: Timeline
TOTALLY off topic...my brains are fried now.......I have a question.

For those of you who CREAM/PERM/RELAXER unu head...how long do you wait before getting a touch-up.

about 6 weeks..

I used to be able to go almost 6 months...now I'm down to every 3 months! Lawd, it need hit rightya now! I was think if I should do it before I go down or after! Because seriously, when I get it permed I look like a wet dog for a month (SOOOO FLAT)before it gets some body back! Plus, I sweat...so I am not even THINKING about trying to wear it straight for the interview!

Lawd WHY is OUR hair such a trial!!!? :angry:

Bless,

Gill

GILL,

Mi no know my girl. Cho...sometime mi look like MAD MAVIS...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Timeline
Good news ladies!! i have to share i feel great!! Mommy got her her pet scan results today to see if the chemotherapy is working they said that her lymph nodes are shrinking and she may only need 6 treatments instead of 8! She is a trooper she is hangin in there! i admire her strength. They said there is a chance the cancer may return but for now things are looking great. God is good. Treatment 5 is next week. :dance:

77.gif That is fantastic news! :dance: I am so happy for Mom and your family!

Such a blessing (F)

Anyone good a baking? I want to replace the oil with applesauce, but I don't know how much to use?

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Gang

I just wanted to pop in and report to you all that I'm the one who knows the infamous..."Mr Green Shirt". I've known him for a while now. I am NOT in any kind of a relationship with him. We are good friends.

I think any of us would report back to any of our friends if you saw a picture of her/him on a website. Keep in mind that his pic was posted on 2 websites. I don't think this makes me a lurker. I think it makes me a friend.

I don't mean to stir any thing up here. I just wanted to let you know that some people are not lurking. Some folks are no longer on the VJ journey. But they made friends along the way. I occasionally pop in from time to time to see how some of the OLD vets are doing.

One Love

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lita .....I WISH I WAS IN JAMAICA RIGHT NOW ..INSTEAD OF IN THIS HOUSE !!!! :wacko::blink:

I was just thinking about Lita :yes: When is she coming back? I sure hope she is living it up for all of us jealous peeps :dance::lol:

Bwoy ..mi no sure how long she staying but mi kow anytime in JA is great times...I WANNA BE THERE...I AHTE THE COLD !! :angry:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Great news JALOVE :thumbs:

TOTALLY off topic...my brains are fried now.......I have a question.

For those of you who CREAM/PERM/RELAXER unu head...how long do you wait before getting a touch-up.

Mi can't answer that at all...cause right now i'm sporting an afro under the straight hair. but they say 6 weeks, but when i wear it curly i can go two to three months.

I have an afro under braids. My kinky twist been in for two months. I haven't taken them out because I have no idea what to do with my hair...I still struggle with going natural. Damien said he's going to divorce me if I don't take my hair out soon :whistle:

Hello VJ Family.

DWL...girl the last time I had kinky twist I had it in for 2 months. It took 10 hours to put it in and 10 hours to take it out. My hair was longer then so I had to untwist in from the bottom. HELL NO nevah again. I did micomini once and it took 3 people 7 hours to braid it. It took me 4 days to take it out. When I went home last September I had braids, but I took them out when I got to the resort so I walked around looking like CHAKA KHAN for a few days. I think I scared all the tourist. I'm so glad I had on shades. Mi look like one mad ooman.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Timeline
Lita .....I WISH I WAS IN JAMAICA RIGHT NOW ..INSTEAD OF IN THIS HOUSE !!!! :wacko::blink:

I was just thinking about Lita :yes: When is she coming back? I sure hope she is living it up for all of us jealous peeps :dance::lol:

Bwoy ..mi no sure how long she staying but mi kow anytime in JA is great times...I WANNA BE THERE...I AHTE THE COLD !! :angry:

i know It's snowing again today...I'm bout tired of it! I need another vacation bad bad!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

i know It's snowing again today...I'm bout tired of it! I need another vacation bad bad!

Tell mi about it..I told hubby mi a go tek miself and the kids God willing and lef him baxide right yah so when mi go pon maternity leave :lol::lol: him a mad !!! :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Kimmi I wish I was too.

Was speaking to my cousin this morning and I had him on speaker phone and my boss comes into my office, you could hear the ROSTER crowing in the background.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Kimmi I wish I was too.

Was speaking to my cousin this morning and I had him on speaker phone and my boss comes into my office, you could hear the ROSTER crowing in the background.

hahahaa..mi would love fi hear one blinking rooster :angry:

Timeline
Hi Gang

I just wanted to pop in and report to you all that I'm the one who knows the infamous..."Mr Green Shirt". I've known him for a while now. I am NOT in any kind of a relationship with him. We are good friends.

I think any of us would report back to any of our friends if you saw a picture of her/him on a website. Keep in mind that his pic was posted on 2 websites. I don't think this makes me a lurker. I think it makes me a friend.

I don't mean to stir any thing up here. I just wanted to let you know that some people are not lurking. Some folks are no longer on the VJ journey. But they made friends along the way. I occasionally pop in from time to time to see how some of the OLD vets are doing.

One Love

Hey. How are you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Gang

One Love

Hey. How are you?

Hey Chica

I'm great!! Kids too! How are you and D doing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.