Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here's some info:

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...air/flair4.html

Maybe squatter wasn't the best term - but there are laws regarding co-habitation, even if the house was only in her name -

Joint ownership may impact on rights which individuals may acquire through marriage or cohabitation. For example, pursuant to the Property (Rights of Spouses) Act, each spouse is presumed to be entitled to a 50 per cent share in the "family home." However, the presumption will not arise if the couple resides in a home which is registered in the joint names of one spouse and a third party. So, the family home must be owned solely by one or both spouses.

I think that she is best to talk to an attorney down there if he refuses to leave the house - I know that sometimes things work different inna yard, but in light of the arrest she needs to keep things on the up and up -

Thanks for the welcome, Gill

but the pregnant chick has to go

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As for the interview question - He will not get approved without her support - the co-sponsor is hers, not his - he can't get a co-sponsor without her. Cancelling the appointment is the best route to go - I would do it and let him try to show up for it. With my ex, I cancelled his visa after it was approved - wrote letters to the USCIS, ICE, NVC, FBI, Embassy,.... you name it, they got a packet - I received a letter from the embassy that his file had been returned for destruction.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can di police even tell her to surrender her passport w/o having some kind of hearing ?

Here's some info:

Maybe squatter wasn't the best term - but there are laws regarding co-habitation, even if the house was only in her name -

Joint ownership may impact on rights which individuals may acquire through marriage or cohabitation. For example, pursuant to the Property (Rights of Spouses) Act, each spouse is presumed to be entitled to a 50 per cent share in the "family home." However, the presumption will not arise if the couple resides in a home which is registered in the joint names of one spouse and a third party. So, the family home must be owned solely by one or both spouses.

I think that she is best to talk to an attorney down there if he refuses to leave the house - I know that sometimes things work different inna yard, but in light of the arrest she needs to keep things on the up and up -

Yuh rite Jengs...preggo r not she knew exactly wah did a go dung..wid har brite self.....COME OUT !! OLE SQUATTA !!...a so dem live off a ppl ..like dem know how u wuk hard

As for the interview question - He will not get approved without her support - the co-sponsor is hers, not his - he can't get a co-sponsor without her. Cancelling the appointment is the best route to go - I would do it and let him try to show up for it. With my ex, I cancelled his visa after it was approved - wrote letters to the USCIS, ICE, NVC, FBI, Embassy,.... you name it, they got a packet - I received a letter from the embassy that his file had been returned for destruction.

Welcome sus ..fabulous..a who dem a ramp wid....Where in Ct r u ? well if yuh no mind cause it seem like mi ask questions more time an mi figet a brite mi a brite more time... :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks ladies...her PASSPORT is still in her possession. Her house is a brand new HOUSE...built not even a year ago. He was to be the only one living there. My cousin kicked his family out back in June of July of last year. But I know he was having people live there, because the house has a/c and the bills were over $20,000/jamaican dollars a month. So, my dad told her that's impossible for one person to use so much electricy.

Now, my aunt is on the phone bawling her eyes out. Looks like my uncles beat me to it...in informing my her about the situation.

This dutty bloodclatt pu$*$# don't have nothing to SQUAT on...

My fiance said, before they drove off...he hear one of the men say dem ago bun dung di house...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

*sigh* my grandmother just called, she's been trying to call her brother in bronx since Monday and not getting him, so now i have to find his address and send the police over to the house. hope he's ok.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Welcome sus ..fabulous..a who dem a ramp wid....Where in Ct r u ? well if yuh no mind cause it seem like mi ask questions more time an mi figet a brite mi a brite more time... :lol:

Thanks for the welcome - I am in Stamford - Not too far from NYC

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Thanks ladies...her PASSPORT is still in her possession. Her house is a brand new HOUSE...built not even a year ago. He was to be the only one living there. My cousin kicked his family out back in June of July of last year. But I know he was having people live there, because the house has a/c and the bills were over $20,000/jamaican dollars a month. So, my dad told her that's impossible for one person to use so much electricy.

Now, my aunt is on the phone bawling her eyes out. Looks like my uncles beat me to it...in informing my her about the situation.

This dutty bloodclatt pu$*$# don't have nothing to SQUAT on...

My fiance said, before they drove off...he hear one of the men say dem ago bun dung di house...

si how ppl bad mind...wid dis she cyant do much more dan pray dem bun dung fuss....she have insurance on the house ?

Thanks for the welcome - I am in Stamford - Not too far from NYC

Not far from u at all..i use to live in NY..i'm in Greenwich now....used to work in Stamford..so closer than though huh :)

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
*sigh* my grandmother just called, she's been trying to call her brother in bronx since Monday and not getting him, so now i have to find his address and send the police over to the house. hope he's ok.

Jengs how long she a try call him..is he sick or anything ? him have a cell for emergency or nuttin...I hope he is fine too...it's like one thing after the other...

Filed: Timeline

JENS..

Sorry to hear that. I hope all is well.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here's some info:

Deh hole bloodclaat dutty mongle lot of dem haffi guh! ESPECIALLY EM!!!!! Dyam dutty Dawg!! Lawny, I know your cous isn't up for it...but I swear given the opportunity I wouldda seh sittin like:

"Eheh...What's dat smell?" Infronta deh officers and the whole claating lot!! "Bwoy, yuh smell hit?"

"Hit smell like sittin a bun...Yuh leave sittin pon deh fiya?" "Yes, man yuh mus smell hit! It smell like.................... BURNT GOOSE!! (Dead- a$$ serious face) :lol::lol::lol: Eh eh...yuh goose cook til hitta BUN!!!! Come hout da mi Yard. Mek Dawg come nyam yuh supper!"

Gill

JENS..

Oh lawd Jengy...what a week what a week! Hush Mama...deh good news is...nuttin' stay deh same fu lang!

Love ya,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MAWIN...MAWIN ladies...I need ya'll to help my cousin out...I'll try and give the short version

She met her fiance in Sept. 2006, filed K-1 Sept 2007, got approved Dec. 2007, INTERVIEW 3/11/08. I tell you US, WE, WOMAN make the best damn detectives and private eyes someone could hire. I say when you gut tells you something is wrong, it must be true. Now, when she met this man in '06 he told her he had 4 kids (turns out be be 9!!!!!!!!). Forgave him (mistake - 1) She completed her house May 2007 and he moved into it with some of his family (mistake 2). Family have since moved out (FREELOADERS). But things still going well. This month (I think was the REBEL salute in Negril)...she goes to visit for a few days (things still okay I guess) but he would dissapear for hours after work. Well........

My cousin decides to fly home yesterday, picked up her rental car, drives to her home in Coral Gardens MoBay, walks up her steps to open her front door and well, a (VERY PREGNANT) woman opens the door and says (MAY I HELP YOU). I'm trying to keep this short. They let my cousin out of jail this morning. I just spoke to her and this is her question.

Can this )(*#$)#$ still move forward with the interview next month even though she has not completed the I-134 (I think that's what it's called), she did not give him any documents as far as her income, bank statements and tax records.

His new woman tells my cousin, he don't need her no more in the process, because he can use a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support. Is that true? The way I understand it is, you the petitioner, you only need a co-sponsor if you don't make enough $$$$$, right?

Sad thing...I knew something was not right with this guy. When I went to Jamaica in November women were all over him at Pier 1 and it was worse when we went to Amensia in Ocho Rios. I didn't matter were we went, someone knew him. I wanted to tell my cousin, but I left it alone. When my fiance went there to paint the garage, he saw some woman there and he told my fiance that she was the helper. Whatever.

So, what does she do now (I say fly back to the states)? Can he proceed without her? So, please help me to help her.

Lawny,

Mi sarry fi ear bout dat!! Jah knoa what a DYAM good ting she did findhout wat a pissa shyt he was BEFORE the interview!! NO...HE CAN NOT MOVE FORWARD WITHOUT HER!!!!! Especially because he has non of the documents necessary for approval! Co-sponsorship mi RASS!!!!!! If it ain't the name of the Petitioner on the paper work...they will not accept documentation from ANYONE else! I wah dem tek dis ting fuh!!!! Is not like dem a buy a cyar and someone else can co-sign!!! She need to withdraw her application IMMEDIATELY!!!! PLEASE BEFORE YOU DUH HENNYTING ELSE CALL DEH 202-663-1225 # HIT OPTION '1', THEN '0'!!!

Since she dung deh tell har fi CALL deh Embassy!! Citizens Services should be able to help her sort all of this out! Such a dyam shame...we had the same interview date!! Mi seh some man SO dyam FOOL yuh see!!!! Please stress to har Lawny...dat G-d loves her by showing her the light BEFORE she brought em hup here fi mek a fool outta har!! Now, em jus hen hup playing em DYAM self!!!! :angry::angry:

Please keep us posted!!

Love ya,

Gill

Thanks Gill. Now, she had another problem. My uncles are on their way to Coral Gardens now, you know that mother)(*#$ is still in the house after all that took place yesterday. I'm on the phone with her now and the police is arguing with her because they want her passport. Can they take her passport? She was arrested because she and the other woman was fighting and the (the A$$ - fiance) got stabbed in the process. So, now the fiance and the other woman are both saying that it was my cousin that attacked them and he stood in the way so he could protect his pregnant girlfriend. But the neighbors say different (they attacked my cousin) that's why she was released this morning. She has to see a Judge today. This is a big friggin mess. The other woman was also arrested.

I am so sorry to hear this :( one good thing is she found out prior to the interview. Them two will find themselves back at square one and no house to live up in. They will get their just due. I beleive that! God will deal wid them.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Morning (F)

Thanks all for everything. It really means a lot. I do want to clear the air about something. The duppy isn't a love interest to A or anything - sorry if you got that impression. In fact the duppy is more of a couple and not just one person. So there isn't any concerns on the infidelity front but everything else is dead on. They say they aren't reading here anymore...but who knows. As much as I am hurt I don't want to drag him through the mud or anything like that. I am really hoping and praying that we can remain amicable and civil with each other. It is what it is and I am going to hold my head up high and hold on to my integrity and class through it all. Anyways life is too short to dwell on all these things. I just can't go and respond to each and every post just because I don't want to drudge it all back up - hope you understand. Please know that I read each and every one of them and that all of your posts are extremely appreciated and helpful to me and truly touched me. Thank you for loving me and supporting me even if you don't "know" me.

Much Love,

Jamie :star:

Timeline

JENS..

I hope and pray everything is alright (F)

Timeline
Thanks Gill. Now, she had another problem. My uncles are on their way to Coral Gardens now, you know that mother)(*#$ is still in the house after all that took place yesterday. I'm on the phone with her now and the police is arguing with her because they want her passport. Can they take her passport? She was arrested because she and the other woman was fighting and the (the A$$ - fiance) got stabbed in the process. So, now the fiance and the other woman are both saying that it was my cousin that attacked them and he stood in the way so he could protect his pregnant girlfriend. But the neighbors say different (they attacked my cousin) that's why she was released this morning. She has to see a Judge today. This is a big friggin mess. The other woman was also arrested.

Lawny,

Call the US Consulate in Mo Bay! I second Jengy...does she have proof that is her home! Title and all...den dem haffi come HOUT!!!

Tell har fi call dissa ooman inna MoBay:

Montego Bay

Lisa Gallimore-Hyde is the consular agent in Montego Bay and is available to assist American citizens residing in Hanover, Westmoreland, St. James and Trelawny.

Address: St. James Place, 2nd Floor, Gloucester Avenue

Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica

Tel: (876) 952-0160; Fax: (876) 952-5050

E-mail: usconsagency.mobay@cwjamaica.com

Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Blood claat foolishness! Keep us posted!

Bless,

Gill

Gill,

The officers that were on the seen are friends with her fiance, so that's why they were fussing with her about turning over her passport. She called someone and they told her don't give it up. They can't take it from you without cause. She called the Embassy, no one answer. She's going to downtown later. So, the neighbor who is some councilman for the area called some other officers, because he didn't want things to get out of hand. You know this ####### called his DAMN family down to the house (bout ONLY God ALLMIGHTY can tek im outta yah)...and our family got their 15 minutes ago. Let's just say he's no longer in the house. The officers told him not to come back to the property and my cousin is to pack up his things and the woman's things and bring it to the station by 2pm today. If I know my cousin, this is not going to happen. She has done so much for this man and I feel it for her. She has spent so much $$$$$$$$$.

My poor, poor fiance witnessed all this. Now, he says my family is crazy. My uncles, cousins and friends from our district showed up in two pickup trucks with men in the back with their MACHETES. I told him, yeah, that's how we roll.

brb.......she's calling again.

lol, girl you fiance is going to be scared to step pon u toe, after all this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.