Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone, I am quana (dancehallquana)

I been getting alot of good wisdom as well as laughs from VJ over the last couple of months, and just recently decided to join. My prayers are with all of you that have experienced heartache and discouragement this past week and hope that you are all encouraged and strenghened through it all.

I am not yet on a visa journey, but have been enjoying getting to know a special friend that I met in Jamaica Jully 2007. RG will be applying (for the second time around) for his visitor VISA or B2 I think?? I wanted to know if any of your SO had ever applied in the past before filing for their current VISA's. I have heard that it is pretty difficult to get approved. I know that this kind of VISA is not normally discussed here, but if anyone has any insight or experiences they would like to give, I would appreciate it.

Hola Quannie,

WELCOME WELCOME!!! Girl, I have no idea about the visitor visa thing...But like Kimkim said...nothing ventured...nothing gained!!! Don't be a stranger...come back soon! :thumbs:

Hi to the rest of the Fam!! I just got an email from the Embassy....Ken can go pick up the Packet 4 on Thursday!! :thumbs::luv: Suh, mi call mi dyam facety man fuh tell em deh good news...han hit wat em seh!!

"Ow come heverytime yuh a sen 'hemail' his fimi rass haffi guh Town!!! Is when yuh press deh 'send ' key pon yuh keyboard...hit mussi link hup tuh mi batty... cause is really me yuh a send!!" :lol::lol::lol: Dyam houtta order! :lol::lol:

Mi haffi tell em..."Den mi love, doan boddah fuh guh...han I won't boddah fi come! But jus memba...if I nuh come...yuh nuh.....come!" :lol::lol::lol:;)

Then mi git..."Arighty den suh bright han hearly mi a guh lefhout fi town pon Thursday mawning!" :lol::lol::lol:;)

Bless,

Gill

Gill, you are so funny.......Men......Gotta love em!

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Gill. Now, she had another problem. My uncles are on their way to Coral Gardens now, you know that mother)(*#$ is still in the house after all that took place yesterday. I'm on the phone with her now and the police is arguing with her because they want her passport. Can they take her passport? She was arrested because she and the other woman was fighting and the (the A$$ - fiance) got stabbed in the process. So, now the fiance and the other woman are both saying that it was my cousin that attacked them and he stood in the way so he could protect his pregnant girlfriend. But the neighbors say different (they attacked my cousin) that's why she was released this morning. She has to see a Judge today. This is a big friggin mess. The other woman was also arrested.

Lawny,

Call the US Consulate in Mo Bay! I second Jengy...does she have proof that is her home! Title and all...den dem haffi come HOUT!!!

Tell har fi call dissa ooman inna MoBay:

Montego Bay

Lisa Gallimore-Hyde is the consular agent in Montego Bay and is available to assist American citizens residing in Hanover, Westmoreland, St. James and Trelawny.

Address: St. James Place, 2nd Floor, Gloucester Avenue

Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica

Tel: (876) 952-0160; Fax: (876) 952-5050

E-mail: usconsagency.mobay@cwjamaica.com

Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Blood claat foolishness! Keep us posted!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Mawning Fam,

I hope everyone had a restful night... :unsure: ... :lol: . Not looking like that from all the drama going on pon this thread lately! :lol:

Aright...mi soon come wid the chuckle but have you guys seen this youtube clip!? This young man gives me hope in the youth!! Not just b/c he is for Obama...but b/c he KNOWS EXACTLY WHY HE IS FOR OBAMA!!!

Check it out and give me your thoughts!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kica8hmSdAM

Love ya all...han ave a blessed day...at least try! ;)

Much love (L)(L)(L) ,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thought I would pop on here and intro myself in light of the duppy posts (No, I am not one, lol) - Long story short - Joined VJ when I was in the K1 process years ago with a man from Barbados - relationship ended prior to him coming here. I have lurked on and off for a few reasons - (1) I work in the legal field and love immigration, this site is a great resource, and (2) now I am in a relationship with a JA man, not sure where it's going, but trying to keep up to date on the process.

Anywho - Trelawny, your post made me come outta the dark, lol - The police want your cousin to surrender her passport so that she doesn't leave the country before facing court. Immediately have her get in touch with the consular office and an attorney - There is a list of attorneys here:

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/arrested.html

Also another contact at the Consulate in Mo Bay:

Consular Agencies

*Montego Bay

Mr. Robert Garth is the consular agent in Montego Bay and is available to assist American citizens residing in Hanover, Westmoreland, St. James and Trelawny:

As for them having to leave the house - that's a whole other issue - there's squatters rights, etc... She needs to concentrate on the arrest and dealing with the police - The rest can wait.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Gill. Now, she had another problem. My uncles are on their way to Coral Gardens now, you know that mother)(*#$ is still in the house after all that took place yesterday. I'm on the phone with her now and the police is arguing with her because they want her passport. Can they take her passport? She was arrested because she and the other woman was fighting and the (the A$$ - fiance) got stabbed in the process. So, now the fiance and the other woman are both saying that it was my cousin that attacked them and he stood in the way so he could protect his pregnant girlfriend. But the neighbors say different (they attacked my cousin) that's why she was released this morning. She has to see a Judge today. This is a big friggin mess. The other woman was also arrested.

Lawny,

Call the US Consulate in Mo Bay! I second Jengy...does she have proof that is her home! Title and all...den dem haffi come HOUT!!!

Tell har fi call dissa ooman inna MoBay:

Montego Bay

Lisa Gallimore-Hyde is the consular agent in Montego Bay and is available to assist American citizens residing in Hanover, Westmoreland, St. James and Trelawny.

Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Blood claat foolishness! Keep us posted!

Bless,

Gill

Gill,

The officers that were on the seen are friends with her fiance, so that's why they were fussing with her about turning over her passport. She called someone and they told her don't give it up. They can't take it from you without cause. She called the Embassy, no one answer. She's going to downtown later. So, the neighbor who is some councilman for the area called some other officers, because he didn't want things to get out of hand. You know this ####### called his DAMN family down to the house (bout ONLY God ALLMIGHTY can tek im outta yah)...and our family got their 15 minutes ago. Let's just say he's no longer in the house. The officers told him not to come back to the property and my cousin is to pack up his things and the woman's things and bring it to the station by 2pm today. If I know my cousin, this is not going to happen. She has done so much for this man and I feel it for her. She has spent so much $$$$$$$$$.

My poor, poor fiance witnessed all this. Now, he says my family is crazy. My uncles, cousins and friends from our district showed up in two pickup trucks with men in the back with their MACHETES. I told him, yeah, that's how we roll.

brb.......she's calling again.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

they have squatter's rights in J.A. ?? doesn't squatter mean the place was abandoned and then they moved in. where is jomo's girl ??? she can find this out for us, she good at stuff like this.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Thought I would pop on here and intro myself in light of the duppy posts (No, I am not one, lol) - Long story short - Joined VJ when I was in the K1 process years ago with a man from Barbados - relationship ended prior to him coming here. I have lurked on and off for a few reasons - (1) I work in the legal field and love immigration, this site is a great resource, and (2) now I am in a relationship with a JA man, not sure where it's going, but trying to keep up to date on the process.

Anywho - Trelawny, your post made me come outta the dark, lol - The police want your cousin to surrender her passport so that she doesn't leave the country before facing court. Immediately have her get in touch with the consular office and an attorney - There is a list of attorneys here:

http://kingston.usembassy.gov/arrested.html

Also another contact at the Consulate in Mo Bay:

Consular Agencies

*Montego Bay

Mr. Robert Garth is the consular agent in Montego Bay and is available to assist American citizens residing in Hanover, Westmoreland, St. James and Trelawny:

As for them having to leave the house - that's a whole other issue - there's squatters rights, etc... She needs to concentrate on the arrest and dealing with the police - The rest can wait.

Thanks for the info Susie, I'm sure Lawny appreciates it! Welcome Back!! Please don't be a 'duppy'! We love new voices and insight on this thread!! Good luck with your Yardman ;) ...tek it slow and keep your eyes open!! You more than anyone knows what you are looking for in a man...and I hope you have found it in him!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
they have squatter's rights in J.A. ?? doesn't squatter mean the place was abandoned and then they moved in. where is jomo's girl ??? she can find this out for us, she good at stuff like this.

I think JG had surgery tidddeh...Memba Jengs..she's out for a few! I think they do have some sort of right though! We have people living on our property in country for donkey donkey years and have been trying to GET them OUT for the longest!

However, I believe you are right about abandoned property and the length of time they have been there, could be a next piece!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here's some info:

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/200...air/flair4.html

Maybe squatter wasn't the best term - but there are laws regarding co-habitation, even if the house was only in her name -

Joint ownership may impact on rights which individuals may acquire through marriage or cohabitation. For example, pursuant to the Property (Rights of Spouses) Act, each spouse is presumed to be entitled to a 50 per cent share in the "family home." However, the presumption will not arise if the couple resides in a home which is registered in the joint names of one spouse and a third party. So, the family home must be owned solely by one or both spouses.

I think that she is best to talk to an attorney down there if he refuses to leave the house - I know that sometimes things work different inna yard, but in light of the arrest she needs to keep things on the up and up -

Thanks for the welcome, Gill

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Lawd morning all !! what a pisa stress..LAWNY...every pisa info u got so far is great..all mi wan do now is trace di pisa ish...."he doesn't need you anymore" wah a blasted ediat gyal...a which bush dem come from..yuh poor cousin....mi no dung yet mi a try digest one bite a crakers wid butter....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

MAWIN...MAWIN ladies...I need ya'll to help my cousin out...I'll try and give the short version

She met her fiance in Sept. 2006, filed K-1 Sept 2007, got approved Dec. 2007, INTERVIEW 3/11/08. I tell you US, WE, WOMAN make the best damn detectives and private eyes someone could hire. I say when you gut tells you something is wrong, it must be true. Now, when she met this man in '06 he told her he had 4 kids (turns out be be 9!!!!!!!!). Forgave him (mistake - 1) She completed her house May 2007 and he moved into it with some of his family (mistake 2). Family have since moved out (FREELOADERS). But things still going well. This month (I think was the REBEL salute in Negril)...she goes to visit for a few days (things still okay I guess) but he would dissapear for hours after work. Well........

My cousin decides to fly home yesterday, picked up her rental car, drives to her home in Coral Gardens MoBay, walks up her steps to open her front door and well, a (VERY PREGNANT) woman opens the door and says (MAY I HELP YOU). I'm trying to keep this short. They let my cousin out of jail this morning. I just spoke to her and this is her question.

Can this )(*#$)#$ still move forward with the interview next month even though she has not completed the I-134 (I think that's what it's called), she did not give him any documents as far as her income, bank statements and tax records.

His new woman tells my cousin, he don't need her no more in the process, because he can use a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support. Is that true? The way I understand it is, you the petitioner, you only need a co-sponsor if you don't make enough $$$$$, right?

Sad thing...I knew something was not right with this guy. When I went to Jamaica in November women were all over him at Pier 1 and it was worse when we went to Amensia in Ocho Rios. I didn't matter were we went, someone knew him. I wanted to tell my cousin, but I left it alone. When my fiance went there to paint the garage, he saw some woman there and he told my fiance that she was the helper. Whatever.

So, what does she do now (I say fly back to the states)? Can he proceed without her? So, please help me to help her.

Hell NO him cyaa guh nuh interview.

What I would do is CALL the Embassy, tell them that she doesn't want to go ahead, and ALSO WRITE to them withdrawing her petition. Mek him frig awf bout co-sponsor, NUHBADDY cyaa help him APART from her!

Him goose WELL AND TRULY cook.....

Also, she need fi inform the USCIS here JUST to be on the safe side.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Ok..on a nodda note...more time arrest a JA don't mean nuttin unless u get finga print a so...she spend di nite cause nobody proly no get the news in time fi go a di station...dis no dun yet....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Susie,

The police escorted her fiance's family off the property and told them not to return. I don't know who that councilman is but he calmed things down pretty quickly. My fiance is about to drive my cousin into Montego Bay to the counsulate office. She did not surrender her passport, because she was not charged with anything. The councilman that was there told the officers to back off. Her fiance wasn't even stabbed that dumba$$...the knife scraped his skin and he called police telling them his ex attack him and his pregnant girlfriend. What a wicked RASS. I'm getting bits and pieces of this madness (thanks to DIGICEL) the phone keeps dropping the call.

My fiance said the pregnant woman just drop down (poor thing)...cho, now mi head a hat mi... Damn, now I got to call my auntie and fill her in.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

OK, nuh SQUATTERS right nuh work a blurtnaught a Ja fi LESS than a YEAR!

Anyway, since di dawg dem come out di house, we nuh haffi get involved in that.

Tell her NOT TO give up her passport unless the JUDGE tells her to!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.