Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone, I am quana (dancehallquana)

I been getting alot of good wisdom as well as laughs from VJ over the last couple of months, and just recently decided to join. My prayers are with all of you that have experienced heartache and discouragement this past week and hope that you are all encouraged and strenghened through it all.

I am not yet on a visa journey, but have been enjoying getting to know a special friend that I met in Jamaica Jully 2007. RG will be applying (for the second time around) for his visitor VISA or B2 I think?? I wanted to know if any of your SO had ever applied in the past before filing for their current VISA's. I have heard that it is pretty difficult to get approved. I know that this kind of VISA is not normally discussed here, but if anyone has any insight or experiences they would like to give, I would appreciate it.

We tried and pretty much no luck.

I hope you get it!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Who is Marv'sGirl? Do I know her?

Are you meeting SunnyJA? Have you ever met her? She's so fun. I met her in D.C. last June.

JG,

MarvsGirl hasn't been on here much.....we just started talking a couple weeks ago because we'll both be in JA this week. I think she's from Atlanta.

I won't be meeting up with SunnyJA (SJB1221 asked me the same thing) because she's coming back from JA tomorrow and i won't be there until Friday. She is fun to talk too, i agree! LOL

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am finally getting buy a car.

Looking for something between $6000 - $10,000.

I like the look of the PT cruiser and also the VW Beetle.

Any advice or thoughts??

What state do you live in JAE? My first thought, here in St. Louis, is that I need something with at least front wheel drive, 4 wheel preferred. Winters here are brutal. Both should get some pretty good gas mileage. I would guess the Beetle gets the best of the two. Also, check out insurance rates on both, if that is a concern for you. I would imagine they would be fairly decent. Lastly, think about getting baby out of the back seat. I'd almost say the PT Cruiser would be the easier access and safer bet.

I personal like both the PT cruiser and the Beetle. But, I know few others who think like me.

We live in MD......Winters are fairly mild.

I don't need a truck since we already have one, this is going to be my personal car, will sometimes have the kids with me, but will probably drive the truck with the both of them more than this....

Will check out insurance!!

Any other cars you'd recommend?

My husband HATES the look of the PT cruiser :lol:

Mine hates it too. The Beetle too. But then again, I'm not overly fond of his choices in cars. So, to each his own.

You know those hybrids are pretty popular now. I'm not liking most of the looks of them thus far. Love the thought of the gas milage though. I think I'd go SUV in the hybrid series eventually.

I have an SUV - 2007 Trailblazer - it's not a hybrid but in Pittsburgh an SUV is what u need to manage the snow but i heard Hybrids are nice too.....I'm with JAE....i never like the PT cruisers either....guess i just couldn't get into them! To each his own is right!

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
another story....some background info. the passport ..spoke to someone at the consulate last week who said the passport would be at the passport office in Kingston TODAY!!

so the consulate calls me at home yesterday, looking for mr. jengles. I guess they don't get to take off american and jamaican holidays like the u.s. embassy in kingston does. I said to her isn't the passport supposed to be on its way to kingston, here this..she wants to know the circumstances behind it. I said he lost his passport at the airport and it was returned to your office. she says Well, how did he get to J.A.. At this point I'm thinking a what di rass is going on here. I said your office gave him a travel document. She's like Oh!!!!. I just came out and asked her what day is the passport going to be in J.A. She tells me Wed. this week. I had the sense to ask her, for the number to the passport office and a contact name he can ask for. Lucky for me. I told mr jengles to go the passport office late this week, never gave him an exact day because I'm starting to understand J.A. a little bit.

but my girl sat on the passport after is was given to her last week, because she wanted to know the circumstances behind how it was lost. They have a police report on file at the consulate about this same passport. and she a call mi.

why can't people understand that all i want to do is go to Disneyworld!!! *sigh* *cha*

OMG-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!! :angry::angry::oIs wat deh RASS dees people really playing hat Dear Lawd!!! His wat dat hell dem really want !?!?

Em loose em passport...Dem find deh passport...he is anxiously awaiting deh rahtid arrival of his passport..IN JAMAICA...Give deh man em BLINKING passport han tap deh bumbaclaat foolishness!!!

I can't Jengs...I am SOOOOOOO SOOOOOO sorry they are putting you both through halla dis!! Sweets, did yuh by chance tell dem deh RASS of a week yuh ave had!?!? Ave yuh told dees hidiot people deh amount a pressure yuh is honda righta now...han yuh CYAN'T TEK nuh more stress inna yuh life!!! Yuh jus need yuh husband back ya fi TEK HOVA!!!!

Jengles, if yuh waan mi fi call han hexplain hennyting to deh consulate, passport office...couldda rassclaat Prime Minister Golding at dissa point...please PM me!! I'll be happy to explain your circumstances to them!! Cause I can't tek dis phockery no more!!

Much love & bless,

Gill

P.S.- Hang in there...I don't know how you can...Cause I am about to FALL out wid dis madness!!!

I'm just trying to let it all roll off my back, when she called i was in front of the computer trying to plan a trip to disney. all i could do is text mr jengles the person's name and number. i didn't even tell him what it was for.lol. when i spoke to him, he's like um, who is ms gordon and why am i to call her. if they had said next week i would have been upset.

the man gave her the passport last week, with instructions to send it down to JA, he told me he was going to be out of the office, which is why he was giving it to someone else. but she had to get the full one hundred from me, before she did anything with it. i mean really.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Hello everyone, I am quana (dancehallquana)

I been getting alot of good wisdom as well as laughs from VJ over the last couple of months, and just recently decided to join. My prayers are with all of you that have experienced heartache and discouragement this past week and hope that you are all encouraged and strenghened through it all.

I am not yet on a visa journey, but have been enjoying getting to know a special friend that I met in Jamaica Jully 2007. RG will be applying (for the second time around) for his visitor VISA or B2 I think?? I wanted to know if any of your SO had ever applied in the past before filing for their current VISA's. I have heard that it is pretty difficult to get approved. I know that this kind of VISA is not normally discussed here, but if anyone has any insight or experiences they would like to give, I would appreciate it.

Welcome

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well...

Not to put a damper on things but I really wanted/need to get this out...

A and I had a counseling session last night after a no contact separation (we have been living separate since last May but still in contact) for the last 30 days - sort of a last ditch attempt for him to realize the severity of it all. As much heartbreak and pain as this decision has caused me it has been decided that we will be filing for divorce :( Never in a million years did I think this would happen to me. :crying: After attempting to work on our marriage for almost 2 years and to still be in square 1 with little to no progress...well there is only so much one person can do. I feel like I did everything I could to save our marriage and I did it with integrity. So as much as my heart hurts I know that it was a necessary decision at this stage in everything and there is no uncertainty in the decision. I am at peace with it as hard and heartbreaking as it is. I am not going to go into too many details here on the public forum but I wanted you all to know what was happening. I am not sure what is going to happen with the whole removing of conditions...I don't even want to think about that right now. So anyways...thank you for all the love, support and prayers, I know a lot of you were rooting for our marriage to pull through. Please keep the whole situation in your prayers. It is definitely one of the worst times in my life.

My heart goes out to you! This is a verse that helps me a lot:

"HE is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction" Job 36:16

Think on that :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You know, I don't mind if people can't figure out what another office is doing. But, when they are in the SAME Freakin' building, it burns me to no end. I feel like saying DON'T YOU PEOPLE COMMUNICATE OR KEEP COPIES OF PAPERWORK????????

Sorry, Jengles.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
You know, I don't mind if people can't figure out what another office is doing. But, when they are in the SAME Freakin' building, it burns me to no end. I feel like saying DON'T YOU PEOPLE COMMUNICATE OR KEEP COPIES OF PAPERWORK????????

Sorry, Jengles.

Oh please,, the person that called me last week was the same person who gave mr jengles his travel document. he also asked me how mr jengles go to j.a. he told me mr jengles would have to call him and give him, his address and stuff in J.A.. and he stated he couldn't tell me when the passport was going to reach j.a. because of security reasons. like i was going to fly down and search thru the mail or something. but on tuesday when i call, same man says oh its going to be there next Tuesday. whatever

the sad thing is, u can't even make this stuff up!!

Edited by Jengles

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry, Jengles.

yup.....the same thing i was wondering.......some people i think just don't feel like reading so they want you to tell them to save them some time.....soooo annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yardie Wife............As far as the lifting of conditions.......have you applied for it? If not, I would file for divorce and let him figure out how he's going to lift his own conditions. He is eligible all on his own. He just has to prove the marriage was (oh I forget the word), you know, on the up and up, from the beginning. I would give him some of the paperwork he needs to file like tax return info. or whatever, since you mentioned before he has never wanted to learn how to take care of all that stuff. Anyhow, I'd give him copies of some of the paperwork he needed; but I wouldn't do any of the file work. Tell him to look up the local office, call and make an appointment or whatever, and let them help him figure out what he needs to do. I would not go out of my way to help him. If he wants to stay, he'll figure it out. If not, not your problem.

Please do not stress over him and this anymore. You have done plenty.

I have always admired your patience and grace. You are a really special person. Keep your chin up!

Thanks :) Well he will be getting help from our little duppy guest :no: Let's just say that THE MINUTE he left the counseling office he must have gone to see them because I was informed this morning that they printed the forms for him. Really shows where his mind was after hearing that he was getting a divorce.

Timeline
Yardie Wife............As far as the lifting of conditions.......have you applied for it? If not, I would file for divorce and let him figure out how he's going to lift his own conditions. He is eligible all on his own. He just has to prove the marriage was (oh I forget the word), you know, on the up and up, from the beginning. I would give him some of the paperwork he needs to file like tax return info. or whatever, since you mentioned before he has never wanted to learn how to take care of all that stuff. Anyhow, I'd give him copies of some of the paperwork he needed; but I wouldn't do any of the file work. Tell him to look up the local office, call and make an appointment or whatever, and let them help him figure out what he needs to do. I would not go out of my way to help him. If he wants to stay, he'll figure it out. If not, not your problem.

Please do not stress over him and this anymore. You have done plenty.

I have always admired your patience and grace. You are a really special person. Keep your chin up!

Thanks :) Well he will be getting help from our little duppy guest :no: Let's just say that THE MINUTE he left the counseling office he must have gone to see them because I was informed this morning that they printed the forms for him. Really shows where his mind was after hearing that he was getting a divorce.

don't even worry about dem bad minded f$#@, they should pay attention to their own relationship, instead of minding yours, but don't worry because u don't know what goes on behind close doors...dem ah mind u business when is dem Sh!t stinking....it alright though....u should post the name of your divorce lawyer when u get one and tell di duppy dem fi write it down...becuase dem will need it....

To Yardie's DUPPY....U READING THIS ?????? GOOD!!!!!! JUST LIKE U IS DUPPY FOR SHE, SOMEONE WILL BE DUPPY FOR U, GOT THAT.....GOOD

Edited by Jengles

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh please,, the person that called me last week was the same person who gave mr jengles his travel document. he also asked me how mr jengles go to j.a. he told me mr jengles would have to call him and give him, his address and stuff in J.A.. and he stated he couldn't tell me when the passport was going to reach j.a. because of security reasons. like i was going to fly down and search thru the mail or something. but on tuesday when i call, same man says oh its going to be there next Tuesday. whatever

Isn't that the truth :wacko: Sorry for all the ####### you are having to deal with (((Hugs)))

Thanks Jengles :luv:

Timeline

Isn't that the truth :wacko: Sorry for all the ####### you are having to deal with (((Hugs)))

Thanks Jengles :luv:

IT WAS MY PLEASURE!!! BELIVE ME!!

Jamie, I am not going to tell you I'm sorry.

Because I KNOW how hard you worked on this marriage....If he isn't doing EVERYTHING in his power to be with you, trust me, he is not deserving of you.

I am happy you can finally move on without stress and worry, knowing this is part of God's plan. This experience will merely prepare the way for MR RIGHT....

I thank the VJ duppy for helping you to realize that this is not right for you, the man who ends up by your side will be a DUPPY CONQUEROR....Hold you head high, because you did your best, you kept your dignity and remained a lady for the duration of this.....

I celebrate with you the start of a new year and a new era for you....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.