Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Donna and I are now married. We went to the courthouse last week.

At the SS office we found out that Donna needs an I-94. The I-94 was not given to her when she entered the country. I've read a lot on this and I'm still not sure of the next steps to take. I've read that SS will not except an out of date I-94. (We married a couple of days before the 90 days was up on the K-1 visa). Can the I-485 be submitted without this information at this time? My wife is ready to start working. Please advise.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At the SS office we found out that Donna needs an I-94. The I-94 was not given to her when she entered the country. I've read a lot on this and I'm still not sure of the next steps to take. I've read that SS will not except an out of date I-94. (We married a couple of days before the 90 days was up on the K-1 visa). Can the I-485 be submitted without this information at this time? My wife is ready to start working. Please advise.

same thing happened to hubby, but he went back to JA and got one on his re-entry. I think there is a process involved in getting an i-94, it might take a while. You can try going back to her point of re-entry, it basically means someone didn't do their job.

I think she is out of status on day 91 if the i-485 isn't filed, if you can't go back to her point of entry. I would suggest filling the i-485 without the i-94 info and letting them RFE you in the meantime and applying for the EAD, because on day 91 SS will not give her a social security number.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

**********MONDAY CHUCKLE**********

Happy Monday All!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Anyway, back to the grind!!! :no:

Enjoy,

Gill

Rum Head

A Jamaican is strolling down the street in Kingston and kicks a bottle lying in the street.

Suddenly out of the bottle comes a Genie.

The Jamaican is stunned, and the Genie says,

"Hello master, I will grant you one wish, anything you want."

The Jamaican begins thinking, "Well, I really like drinking rum."

Finally the Jamaican says, "Is rum me like fe drink, make me pee

rum." man!

The Genie grants him his wish.

When the Jamaican gets home he gets a glass out of the cupboard and pees in it. He looks in the glass and it's clear. The ting look like rum. The ting smell like rum. He takes a taste and it is the best rum he has ever tasted.

The Jamaican yells to his wife, "Beverly, Beverly, come quick nah man."

She comes running down the hall and the Jamaican takes another glass out of th e cupboard and pees in it.

Drink up woman, is rum! Beverly is reluctant but goes ahead and takes a sip.

It is the best rum she has ever tasted. The two drink and party all night.

The next night the Jamaican comes home from work and tells his wife to get two glasses out of the cupboard. He proceeds to pee in the two glasses. The result is the same, the rum is excellent, and the couple drinks until sun up.

Friday night comes, and the Jamaican comes home and tells his wife,

"Beverly tek one glass and we will drink rum."

His wife gets the glass from the cupboard and sets it on the table.

The Jamaican begins to pee in the glass. When he done fill it, 'im wife ask, "But Winston, why is one glass tonite?"

Winston raise the glass and say, "Because tonite my love, you drink from de bottle.

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here's one thing I found on this site for you:

As for the I-94, I would try Jahan & Christine's approach with the POE to get one. Failing that, was an entry stamp placed in the passport showing the class of entry, probably on the page facing the visa? If so, use that as evidence of status in lieu of the I-94.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

You could also try filing an I-102 Form to apply for I-94 if it was lost, destroyed or mutilated. From what I read, it costs to do this.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
**********MONDAY CHUCKLE**********

Happy Monday All!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Anyway, back to the grind!!! :no:

Enjoy,

Gill

Rum Head

A Jamaican is strolling down the street in Kingston and kicks a bottle lying in the street.

Suddenly out of the bottle comes a Genie.

The Jamaican is stunned, and the Genie says,

"Hello master, I will grant you one wish, anything you want."

The Jamaican begins thinking, "Well, I really like drinking rum."

Finally the Jamaican says, "Is rum me like fe drink, make me pee

rum." man!

The Genie grants him his wish.

When the Jamaican gets home he gets a glass out of the cupboard and pees in it. He looks in the glass and it's clear. The ting look like rum. The ting smell like rum. He takes a taste and it is the best rum he has ever tasted.

The Jamaican yells to his wife, "Beverly, Beverly, come quick nah man."

She comes running down the hall and the Jamaican takes another glass out of th e cupboard and pees in it.

Drink up woman, is rum! Beverly is reluctant but goes ahead and takes a sip.

It is the best rum she has ever tasted. The two drink and party all night.

The next night the Jamaican comes home from work and tells his wife to get two glasses out of the cupboard. He proceeds to pee in the two glasses. The result is the same, the rum is excellent, and the couple drinks until sun up.

Friday night comes, and the Jamaican comes home and tells his wife,

"Beverly tek one glass and we will drink rum."

His wife gets the glass from the cupboard and sets it on the table.

The Jamaican begins to pee in the glass. When he done fill it, 'im wife ask, "But Winston, why is one glass tonite?"

Winston raise the glass and say, "Because tonite my love, you drink from de bottle.

Thanks so much Gill..I live for your daily chuckles........ :lol:

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline

MiPhone pulls plug on Cash Plus' MegaFone - Case in court over indebtedness

published: Sunday | December 2, 2007

The long-distance, prepaid telephone service provided by MegaFone, using Oceanic Digital's network, has collapsed in a dispute over payments, leaving out-of-pocket subscribers scrambling to determine where to turn for reimbursement.

Precisely how much Oceanic, which operates in Jamaica as MiPhone, is owed is not clear.What was confirmed on Friday was that MiPhone had pulled the plug in the face of the dispute.

"We terminated the contract and that's a recent development," Colin Webster, MiPhone's chief operating officer, told Sunday Business.

The matter appears headed for court, but in newspaper advertisements at the weekend, MegaFone, a subsidiary of Carlos Hill's controversial Cash Plus Group, told its customers to look to Oceanic, which operates in Jamaica under the name MiPhone, for recompense.

"Customers with defective phones who also have unexpired subscription are entitled at their option to a replacement phone, or a refund," the Megaphone ad said. "The refund has to be negotiated with MiPhone and accordly dealers are required to take customers' submissions to use as 67 Slipe Road."

While MiPhone has announced the launch of its own service to replace the MegaFone franchise, Webster described the assertion of its former partner as "unfortunate". The implication was that those obligations belong to MegaFone .

Carlos Hill presides over a organisation that has taken large amount of cash from thousands of mostly small investors with promises of returns of more than a 100 per cent a year.

While he has been at loggerheads with regulators over an alleged lack of transparency and his failure to register in accordance with the law covering trading in equities, Hill has announced a flurry of business ventures and ostensible purchase deals.

MegaFone was among the earliest of his forays. Subscribers were initially offered unlimited calls to the UK , the United States and Canada for a flat J$50 a day or $990, excluding tax, per month. These rates were later increased to $65 and $1,150, respectively. Subsequently, the arragnement was adjusted to allow MiPhone call cards to be used on the MegaFone system, a move that addressed MegaFone 's distribution problems but afforded MiPhone additional purchase on the scheme.

But even as the MegaFone system appeared to grow in popularity tensions were clearly emerging behind the scenes. Three months there were rumours of a quarrel over MegaFone 's reported debt at the time both Webster and his chief financial officer Mary E. Thomas declined to comment on the issue.

MegaFone and Cash Plus officials could not be contacted for comment on Friday, but MiPhone's Webster confirmed that it was the same issue that had resurfaced he again refused to give numbers.

"It's the same matter at the end of the day," he said.

With MegaFone pulled from its network, MiPhone moved swiftly to offer customers a MegaFone subscribers attempting to make calls are greeted with an announcement that the service was not longer available.

"However, to assist all customers who have come to rely on this product MiPhone has introduced a new product that offers similar benefits," the announcement says. "For the same $999 you will get 1,003 minutes to the U.S.A., U.K. land line and Canadian numbers."

Although Webster disputed his company's liability to MegaFone's customers, as suggested in that company's advertisement, he said persons who had bought MiPhone cards for use on their MegaFone handsets would receive what they paid for.

He however made clear that they would not be able to renew subscription on the original MegaFone plan.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

The long-distance, prepaid telephone service provided by MegaFone, using Oceanic Digital's network, has collapsed in a dispute over payments, leaving out-of-pocket subscribers scrambling to determine where to turn for reimbursement.

WOW :o !!! That's not good ATALL!!!! We gave up on Megaphone a while ago...but still, I have a number of family members and friends that not only use it, but depend on it!!!

Shame... :no:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

i would start calling around to find out what to do....jomo's girl's advice sounds right....butmaybe like jengles said she might be out of status and there might not be anything you can do.....i really would start calling i guess uscis and ask them what they would advise you to do....because i know for the aos you need to copy of it for the packet...

Timeline

WOW :o !!! That's not good ATALL!!!! We gave up on Megaphone a while ago...but still, I have a number of family members and friends that not only use it, but depend on it!!!

Gill

I know, right! We still have one but it is useless.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Gill

I kept thinking it was too good to be true.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Gill

Well, out of the FIVE we went thru. ONE was good. Happens to be the ONE he lost. hmph!

Ok, I have a question. I am going down for two weeks at Christmas. I fly out Christmas Eve. What do I do about gifts? Claim them? How does that work? I know they will probably search my bags if I say I am not bringing anything, b/c lately I always get grief.

Any advice?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Gill

Well, out of the FIVE we went thru. ONE was good. Happens to be the ONE he lost. hmph!

Ok, I have a question. I am going down for two weeks at Christmas. I fly out Christmas Eve. What do I do about gifts? Claim them? How does that work? I know they will probably search my bags if I say I am not bringing anything, b/c lately I always get grief.

Any advice?

Well, my advice would be to not claim.

Are your gifts such that you can carry them in your purse or wrap them up in clothes or something they couldn't find them if they searched?

I claimed around Christmas time and it was not worth the hassle. And, in the end, they charged me a higher fee then what I paid for the items. I even had receipts for all of it as proof. They barely glanced at those.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Gill

Any advice?

Are your gifts such that you can carry them in your purse or wrap them up in clothes or something they couldn't find them if they searched?

I claimed around Christmas time and it was not worth the hassle. And, in the end, they charged me a higher fee then what I paid for the items. I even had receipts for all of it as proof. They barely glanced at those.

Well, some of it can be wrapped, but then I was trying to bring him a CD player for his car. so. I am guessing..dont get that?

I thought you could bring up to $500 of items without paying?

bummer.

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Gill

Any advice?

Well, some of it can be wrapped, but then I was trying to bring him a CD player for his car. so. I am guessing..dont get that?

I thought you could bring up to $500 of items without paying?

bummer.

Not how it played out for me. And, they were really jacka$$es about it too.

What I did after that was anything I was taking, I wrapped up in other clothes or put in shoes, etc. Hid it all. And, I carried anything possible in my purse cause they never went in there. We just sent some stuff down via a friend of ours, and she just snuck it through same way.

If you feel you must claim, hide as much as you can.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.