Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear that you'll be out for a few days JG. You'll be in our prayers for a speedy recovery...Andre will be in our prayers too ( :unsure::whistle::lol::lol: ) He'll be fine... ;)

I agree with Jengy...you can't MAKE her...but try to encourage her to go back to school! Like you said she is soo darn close! And it would help to take her mind off her problems...if only for a few hours!

Thanks for the info on the Embassy! Seriously, I can't wait until these people are out of our lives for GOOD! What is that...like ten years from now right?...Gheeeszzzz! :wacko::wacko:

Well, be good and stay well

Blessed (L) always,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I also might understand why she might not want to go back to school, but now is the time for her to go. If she doesn't do it now, she's not going to go back and end up being the oldest one in the class and all that. Is there any way someone can meet her at the school and come home with her? If she ends up at home with nothing to do, it might get her depressed.

It could also be that she scared people know about it, when I was growing up, it was a shameful thing to happen to you...HATE that!! As if the victim hasn't been through ENOUGH already!!

I was thinking and thought maybe another way of dealing with it could be for her to talk to her sisters about it since they have had the same experience.....

My best friend was raped when she was 14...She hid it from me and everyone else for two years - she was scared to tell me because she thought I'd get sent to prison for murder, or get killed trying....She finally told me when the guy that did it was sent to jail for something else (he was killed later).

I think the effect it had on her in the long run was making her promiscuous to an extent....

Even now, 19 years later it makes my blood boil to think about it.

It also hurts me so much knowing that she went through it alone, unable to tell anyone.

Well, while I am being a downer, I'll get this over with....After today, I won't be around for at least a few days. Having a minor outpatient surgery tomorrow morning. Shouldn't really hamper me for long, although I'll be knocked out on some antibiotics and pain pills. My husband is taking care of me the next two days (God, help me!!!) and I'll be on bed rest a few more days after that. I'm sure I'll be checking back in on the weekend....try not to say too much so I can keep up.....ha ha!

Hope everything goes welll!!

Does that mean you'll have some spare time to idle with us online? :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry to hear that you'll be out for a few days JG. You'll be in our prayers for a speedy recovery...Andre will be in our prayers too ( :unsure::whistle::lol::lol: ) He'll be fine... ;)

I agree with Jengy...you can't MAKE her...but try to encourage her to go back to school! Like you said she is soo darn close! And it would help to take her mind off her problems...if only for a few hours!

Thanks for the info on the Embassy! Seriously, I can't wait until these people are out of our lives for GOOD! What is that...like ten years from now right?...Gheeeszzzz! :wacko::wacko:

Well, be good and stay well

Blessed (L) always,

Gill

Confused on your 10 year comment. Where is that figure coming from?

You have to do the whole AOS once Ken gets here.

If he doesn't naturalize, you have to deal with them EVERY 10 years to renew the permanent residency.

Our plan is to file this Lifting of Conditions in August and then file for naturalization sometime next August or after----yet before next 10 year renewal. We are tired of the paperwork and hassles.

I will say that after the embassy, it has all been much simplier process, even if the wait is just as long.

While I also might understand why she might not want to go back to school, but now is the time for her to go. If she doesn't do it now, she's not going to go back and end up being the oldest one in the class and all that. Is there any way someone can meet her at the school and come home with her? If she ends up at home with nothing to do, it might get her depressed.

It could also be that she scared people know about it, when I was growing up, it was a shameful thing to happen to you...HATE that!! As if the victim hasn't been through ENOUGH already!!

I was thinking and thought maybe another way of dealing with it could be for her to talk to her sisters about it since they have had the same experience.....

My best friend was raped when she was 14...She hid it from me and everyone else for two years - she was scared to tell me because she thought I'd get sent to prison for murder, or get killed trying....She finally told me when the guy that did it was sent to jail for something else (he was killed later).

I think the effect it had on her in the long run was making her promiscuous to an extent....

Even now, 19 years later it makes my blood boil to think about it.

It also hurts me so much knowing that she went through it alone, unable to tell anyone.

Well, while I am being a downer, I'll get this over with....After today, I won't be around for at least a few days. Having a minor outpatient surgery tomorrow morning. Shouldn't really hamper me for long, although I'll be knocked out on some antibiotics and pain pills. My husband is taking care of me the next two days (God, help me!!!) and I'll be on bed rest a few more days after that. I'm sure I'll be checking back in on the weekend....try not to say too much so I can keep up.....ha ha!

Hope everything goes welll!!

Does that mean you'll have some spare time to idle with us online? :lol:

Ironically, I have more idle time at work (like now) then when I'm at home! Just don't tell anyone around here.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I am finally getting buy a car.

Looking for something between $6000 - $10,000.

I like the look of the PT cruiser and also the VW Beetle.

Any advice or thoughts??

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline

Any advice or thoughts??

What state do you live in JAE? My first thought, here in St. Louis, is that I need something with at least front wheel drive, 4 wheel preferred. Winters here are brutal. Both should get some pretty good gas mileage. I would guess the Beetle gets the best of the two. Also, check out insurance rates on both, if that is a concern for you. I would imagine they would be fairly decent. Lastly, think about getting baby out of the back seat. I'd almost say the PT Cruiser would be the easier access and safer bet.

I personal like both the PT cruiser and the Beetle. But, I know few others who think like me.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
You guys are just the best! I love you all.

We talked to her last night. She's okay. She isn't sure if she wants to go back to school which breaks my heart cause she was so close to graduating. But, at this point, it's still so fresh, and I do understand. I told them we were finding out some counseling services she might use and both her and Andre's mom said they would look into it. So, thanks for all the info. so far. Keep it coming and I'll keep passing it on.

Geeeeezzzzzz.....hubby just called. You'd think I haven't just seen him a half hour ago....he was very chatty. I must be making him nervous.

There, I'm done. Let's talk some cheerful talk.

Hey, Tonisha........how's the process going?

Hey JG! Good morning yardie fam.... :)

Thanks for asking about me and the process. Things are going o.k....Dave still has his appointment on the 26th to drop off his DS230 so i'm trying to be supportive. I'll be in JA this Friday and i have plans to meet up with Marv'sGirl from VJ since she's already down there with the SO. We're having lunch on Saturday while Dave's at work etc. so we'll see how that goes. SunnyJa is still down there now and she says she's having a good time!

Hope your procedure goes well JG and that Dre takes good care of you!

I feel so bad that there

:ot: Question-

I still have NOT received my interview letter from the Embassy. Ken & KJ's medical is next week!! He needs the letter to do the medical!

What now?? Has anyone else been in a similar prediciment? Calling 202 # & Embassy#...to no avail! I will keep trying!

Any other ideas?? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SO DYAM DIFFICULT!!!? :crying::crying:

Bless,

Gill

Is it possible for him to make an appointment to go to the embassy and pick up a copy?

I'm so sorry Gil. Yes, they make it extrememly difficult.

Keep in mind....yesterday was probably an embassy holiday. So, yes, keep trying to call.

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
You guys are just the best! I love you all.

We talked to her last night. She's okay. She isn't sure if she wants to go back to school which breaks my heart cause she was so close to graduating. But, at this point, it's still so fresh, and I do understand. I told them we were finding out some counseling services she might use and both her and Andre's mom said they would look into it. So, thanks for all the info. so far. Keep it coming and I'll keep passing it on.

Geeeeezzzzzz.....hubby just called. You'd think I haven't just seen him a half hour ago....he was very chatty. I must be making him nervous.

There, I'm done. Let's talk some cheerful talk.

Hey, Tonisha........how's the process going?

Hey JG! Good morning yardie fam.... :)

Thanks for asking about me and the process. Things are going o.k....Dave still has his appointment on the 26th to drop off his DS230 so i'm trying to be supportive. I'll be in JA this Friday and i have plans to meet up with Marv'sGirl from VJ since she's already down there with the SO. We're having lunch on Saturday while Dave's at work etc. so we'll see how that goes. SunnyJa is still down there now and she says she's having a good time!

Hope your procedure goes well JG and that Dre takes good care of you!

:ot: Question-

I still have NOT received my interview letter from the Embassy. Ken & KJ's medical is next week!! He needs the letter to do the medical!

What now?? Has anyone else been in a similar prediciment? Calling 202 # & Embassy#...to no avail! I will keep trying!

Any other ideas?? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SO DYAM DIFFICULT!!!? :crying::crying:

Bless,

Gill

Is it possible for him to make an appointment to go to the embassy and pick up a copy?

I'm so sorry Gil. Yes, they make it extrememly difficult.

Keep in mind....yesterday was probably an embassy holiday. So, yes, keep trying to call.

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Any advice or thoughts??

What state do you live in JAE? My first thought, here in St. Louis, is that I need something with at least front wheel drive, 4 wheel preferred. Winters here are brutal. Both should get some pretty good gas mileage. I would guess the Beetle gets the best of the two. Also, check out insurance rates on both, if that is a concern for you. I would imagine they would be fairly decent. Lastly, think about getting baby out of the back seat. I'd almost say the PT Cruiser would be the easier access and safer bet.

I personal like both the PT cruiser and the Beetle. But, I know few others who think like me.

We live in MD......Winters are fairly mild.

I don't need a truck since we already have one, this is going to be my personal car, will sometimes have the kids with me, but will probably drive the truck with the both of them more than this....

Will check out insurance!!

Any other cars you'd recommend?

My husband HATES the look of the PT cruiser :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline

Who is Marv'sGirl? Do I know her?

Are you meeting SunnyJA? Have you ever met her? She's so fun. I met her in D.C. last June.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Any advice or thoughts??

I don't need a truck since we already have one, this is going to be my personal car, will sometimes have the kids with me, but will probably drive the truck with the both of them more than this....

Mine hates it too. The Beetle too. But then again, I'm not overly fond of his choices in cars. So, to each his own.

You know those hybrids are pretty popular now. I'm not liking most of the looks of them thus far. Love the thought of the gas milage though. I think I'd go SUV in the hybrid series eventually.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning (F)

So sorry to hear about your SIL Kelly. That is so horrible and horrific. I am glad you were able to get some advice and resources for counseling for her. I will keep you all in my prayers. Good luck with your surgery as well...hope all goes well.

Blessings and prayers going out for Jamie as well!!!! Stay strong my dear!!!!

Thank you for the prayers :luv:

Timeline
Good morning (F)

So sorry to hear about your SIL Kelly. That is so horrible and horrific. I am glad you were able to get some advice and resources for counseling for her. I will keep you all in my prayers. Good luck with your surgery as well...hope all goes well.

Blessings and prayers going out for Jamie as well!!!! Stay strong my dear!!!!

Thank you for the prayers :luv:

I'm sorry....I saw the Jamie reference; but did not put a name to a "handle". My prayers are with you as well.

JAE...........what the heck am I thinking. Doubt you can get a hybrid in that price range yet. They are too new (I think). Ignore what I said there. I think I'm on something sometimes!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Any advice or thoughts??

\

Mrs. English...u still no ansah mi yet bout takin my wedding pictures. My co-worker has 2 PT cruisers I've driven them several times since 2002 and I like the ride. I just don't like DOMESTIC cars. It has a lot of room and it does very WELL in the snow (I've had to drive her home several times)...she's afraid to drive in the snow. And well, you live in MD so you know about 495. The Beetle (my dad is a mechanic)...he calls VWs disposable cars. I'm a SUV/minivan mom. So, go with the PT (my co-worker) has never had any problems. She lives in Clarksburg, Maryland and drives to work (in DC) everyday. That's a lot of mileage. Her husband drives the other one and he works even further (in Lorton).

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.