Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ha Ha......me too, JAE. Me too. And, I don't really feel bad about thinking that.

Tre.....I was thinking the same thing about your story.....how did he think he was going to get away with it if they all knew him? The good news on my SIL story is he did wear a condom. I guess I can say Thank God for that much.

If I wasn't feeling sad enough all weekend, Andre said this is the 3rd of his 6 sisters that have been raped, one being gang raped. I shudder when I think of the two sisters that are still not in their teens.

I had such high hopes for this sister. Believe it or not, when she was about to enter her teenage years, they came to me and asked me to talk to her about making babies. We had such long talks on how she needed to be safe and careful. We had talks on how she wanted so much more then her older sisters and mother and how to accomplish that she needed not to pop out babies until she was financially and emotionally stable. She has been doing so good.....in school and with the boys. She is set to graduate this year and she had some sort of internship set up. I just hope this doesn't derail any of those plans. I pray she finds a way to live with herself. It all just makes me so sad.

JG, I added your SIL to the Prayer Chain at my church...I thought about her the whole weekend! Everytime I think about it I feel the bile rise in my throat and my eyes water. Then to read seh it's the 3rd out of SIX of his sister to be raped!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!? I often see reports about some African nations were 70 % of woman have reported being raped! And I think Bwoy, that's bad...but then to start to see that Jamaica is getting to that point...is just PISSING me off!!! Is when Jamaica git suh bad? Is when deh RASCLAAT men decide fi hurt our gyal pickney and stop protect dem? Is like Yard a ton inna Babylon fuh real, Man!!

I pray that one day she will heal...I pray that this does not stop her on her path to greatness...I pray that one day she will be able to find and know what true love between a man and a woman should feel like...I finally pray that this does not crush her little spirit and self-esteem and she knows that she did NOT deserve this!!! Unfortunately, bad things really do happen to good people!

JG, please reiterate that to her. Many rape victims, begin to feel like it was something they did wrong. Dress a certain way, or spoke a certain way, maybe if she fought harder!!! It's like they put themselves in a self-appointed prison. SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!!!! JG, keep telling her that! Whether she asks you are not! ...HE WAS WRONG, NOT HER...HE IS A GROWN-A$$ MAN!! Bwoy, but you know that old saying...what comes around...goes around! His time is coming! G-d, will deal with him!

Blessed love always,

Gill

Gill,

It's SAD, but it's a common occurance. The P*@#Y that raped my little cousin only spent 15 MONTHS in JAIL. That sickened me to my stomach. He had a well paid attorney, but that didn't save him from our family. Two of his brothers were jailed a few years before for the same kind of crime.

sympathy4.gif

((((((Jengels)))))) JG & Family

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't know about counseling services for her. It's MoBay so I'm sure there is something available. Once they calm down a little, I'll bring up that topic.

Gill, Tre, JAE, Kimmy.....you guys actually make me believe in the goodness of people again today. I think I need to get "the gang" together and whip up a little VJ justice!!!!!

Not to leave out any of the rest of you....I love and appreciate you all. It's just that some on here are a little tougher talking then others and those are the one's I want to help me avenge right now.

The thing about the whole 3rd sister thing is that the other two are not doing that great in the after effects. One died of AIDS, although they are not sure it is from the rape, and the other is kind of "off" if you ask me. The whole thing just angers me while it makes me incredibly sad.

I know that's right! This is a tough situation no matter what the outcome and it makes me angry to think some men will pray on young girls just for kicks. I've never personally dealt with a situation like this before but i'm sure all of us can relate in some way or another when it comes to protecting your family from harm's way.

I know plenty of people that would have probably gotten their own "justice" on his A** if something like that happened in the states but i'm glad Dre's family made it through o.k. All you can do is be supportive and try to help guide them on how to eventually get her some help later down the line. Right now, I'm sure you all are just devastated and I'll keep you and his family in my prayers.

Tonisha

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone!!

Just saying hi! The joy of a day off! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well.

Jengles, I am a bit late but just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. I have no right words so I will just say ((((((Jengles))))).

Jomo'sGirl, I am so sorry to hear of your sister-in-law's attack.

Jonesie, I hope you are well. It's been so long. I have to read and catch up.

Love to one and all.

E (L)

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jengles - My prayers are with you and your family during this time. Just remember God has a plan for everyone and He lets everything happen for a reason. :)

JG - I read about your SIL last night and have been praying for you and your family. I hope that your SIL stays mentally/emotionally/spiritually grounded. I remember when I was in Jamaica last November. The men would look at me as if I were some piece of meat. Its terrible. Just continue talking to her and letting her know that God will take care of that evil man who laid his hands on her. Counseling may be difficult. My best friend was raped last year and was terrified of counseling, especially having to think of the incident again. So I would go with her to her counseling sessions. You and Andre can do your best to speak words of encouragement to her. As for family in JA, remind them to stay positive. (L)

"That don't kill me, it only makes me stronger"

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG- I don't even know what to say. I know how this can crush a young lady's spirit, because my sister was raped while at UF. We have been trying to encourage her to go to counseling, but she starts and then stops. The guy who raped her is from Cayman and he went right back there, so no justice has been served, but mek wi eva ketch him. One time some yute did try mess wid har when she was in high school, and since unnu knoa mi ah Jamaican, mi an mi odda sista went looking for him wid di cutlass in the car. Him lucky him nevah deh home, because wi did plan fi limb up him claat. But we still thank God, because we would be in some jail in Florida for murder or for inflicting bodily harm.

JATam - Are you serious?! UF?! I go there now and whenever I walk around campus (day or night) I walk with a pocketknife. I'm sorry to hear that happened to your sister and I hope that she stays positive and focused on her future (F)

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jengles youre in my thoughts and prayers

JG, your sister in law, you and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Morning all;

Just finishing up the last of my 3-night weekend shift. I am so tired. I won't do this stint again. Anyway, you guys have a great day and I will catch you guys later.

JG--There are no words to express how I feel about what happened to your SIL's. Her experience has hit really close to home and I am stunned that this does continue to happen. I hope she recovers from this ordeal soon and I am sure you all will give her all the support she needs.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Mawning Family,

I reached out to some of my friends and family in JA. And was able to gather this info for JG's-SIL and any other young lady that our VJ family may think needs some help:

Women's Crisis Centres

Kingston: 929-2997

Montego Bay: 952-9533-4

Woman Incorporated Office: (876) 929-9038; 926-9398 on Wayback Machine Hotline

Crisis Shelter

Crisis Centre

Victim Support Unit, Ministry of National Security & Justice,

12 Ocean Boulevard Kingston Mall, (12th Floor): 922-0080-8

Police Emergency: 119 (Hot Line, Corporate Area: 927-7778)

Crime Stop: 1-888-991-4000

Legal Aid:

Kingston Clinic: 922-379213761 131 Tower Street, Kingston

Montego Bay Clinic: 959-2183 17 Orange Street, Montego Bay

Legal Aid Council: 922-0080-9 12 Ocean Boulevard, 12th Floor

Norman Manley Law School Clinic, August Town: 927-1007

Please let's keep all rape victims in our prayers and thoughts...regardless of their country, color, or religion.

This whole thing really upset me. Ken kept asking what's wrong...your vibe seems off? I played it off for the most part. When I finally told him last night he was like...'Here dat appen? Inna Mo Bay? Is wat em look like? Wat kinnda car em drive? She git em license plate #? Cause mi han mi Bredren dem nuh tolerate dat deh phockery deh bout!"

He hates hearing about stuff like that...especially when I told him she was just coming home from school! He calls them crabs...Crabs can't stand tuh see a next crab progress...suh dem prefer hold down every last one that looks like they may have a way out!

He is going to see if he can find some more counseling services available in the area for me. If he finds anything else...I'll pass it on.

Have a bless-ed day all,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline

MARYLANDERS........if you went to the BOUNTY dance on Saturday link me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

**********TUESDAY CHUCKLE**********

Good Mawning again,

I just thought some of us might need a little chuckle. I hope no one takes offense.

Have a good day!

Love ounuh,

Gill

Things You Will Never Hear A Jamaican Man Say

1. "No, wifey, tek my cyar instead."

2. "Waiter, this steak is overcooked."

3. "She 'ave a nice body ... but 'ar batty too big."

4. "Whaapen Mr. Deejay, yuh cyaah play some more calypso?"

5. "De pill doan gree wid me wife, so ah gweh get a vasectomy."

6. "No, Chooksie, ah cyaah tek anodda whites(rum), mi haffe drive all de way to Kingston, an' it wet and dark outside."

7. "Some ah mi closest bredren-dem gay, yu no se'et."

8. "Size doan matter."

9. "Yeah man, me nyam unda two foot table.

10. "Nuff respect to Brian Lara."

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline
**********TUESDAY CHUCKLE**********

Good Mawning again,

I just thought some of us might need a little chuckle. I hope no one takes offense.

Have a good day!

Love ounuh,

Gill

Things You Will Never Hear A Jamaican Man Say

1. "No, wifey, tek my cyar instead."

2. "Waiter, this steak is overcooked."

3. "She 'ave a nice body ... but 'ar batty too big."

4. "Whaapen Mr. Deejay, yuh cyaah play some more calypso?"

5. "De pill doan gree wid me wife, so ah gweh get a vasectomy."

6. "No, Chooksie, ah cyaah tek anodda whites(rum), mi haffe drive all de way to Kingston, an' it wet and dark outside."

7. "Some ah mi closest bredren-dem gay, yu no se'et."

8. "Size doan matter."

9. "Yeah man, me nyam unda two foot table.

10. "Nuff respect to Brian Lara."

DWL............Gill you know u wrong...got me cracking up in the BORING A$$ meeting. I'm stuck in here for 8 hours :crying: ...I hope they don't call on me to answer anything, because I'm so zoned out. DWL girl......damn they just called me to explain something. :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

:ot: Question-

I still have NOT received my interview letter from the Embassy. Ken & KJ's medical is next week!! He needs the letter to do the medical!

What now?? Has anyone else been in a similar prediciment? Calling 202 # & Embassy#...to no avail! I will keep trying!

Any other ideas?? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SO DYAM DIFFICULT!!!? :crying::crying:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

You guys are just the best! I love you all.

We talked to her last night. She's okay. She isn't sure if she wants to go back to school which breaks my heart cause she was so close to graduating. But, at this point, it's still so fresh, and I do understand. I told them we were finding out some counseling services she might use and both her and Andre's mom said they would look into it. So, thanks for all the info. so far. Keep it coming and I'll keep passing it on.

Well, while I am being a downer, I'll get this over with....After today, I won't be around for at least a few days. Having a minor outpatient surgery tomorrow morning. Shouldn't really hamper me for long, although I'll be knocked out on some antibiotics and pain pills. My husband is taking care of me the next two days (God, help me!!!) and I'll be on bed rest a few more days after that. I'm sure I'll be checking back in on the weekend....try not to say too much so I can keep up.....ha ha!

Geeeeezzzzzz.....hubby just called. You'd think I haven't just seen him a half hour ago....he was very chatty. I must be making him nervous.

There, I'm done. Let's talk some cheerful talk.

Hey, Tonisha........how's the process going?

I still have NOT received my interview letter from the Embassy. Ken & KJ's medical is next week!! He needs the letter to do the medical!

What now?? Has anyone else been in a similar prediciment? Calling 202 # & Embassy#...to no avail! I will keep trying!

Any other ideas?? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SO DYAM DIFFICULT!!!? :crying::crying:

Bless,

Gill

Is it possible for him to make an appointment to go to the embassy and pick up a copy?

I'm so sorry Gil. Yes, they make it extrememly difficult.

Keep in mind....yesterday was probably an embassy holiday. So, yes, keep trying to call.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We talked to her last night. She's okay. She isn't sure if she wants to go back to school which breaks my heart cause she was so close to graduating. But, at this point, it's still so fresh, and I do understand. I told them we were finding out some counseling services she might use and both her and Andre's mom said they would look into it. So, thanks for all the info. so far. Keep it coming and I'll keep passing it on.

Well, while I am being a downer, I'll get this over with....After today, I won't be around for at least a few days. Having a minor outpatient surgery tomorrow morning. Shouldn't really hamper me for long, although I'll be knocked out on some antibiotics and pain pills. My husband is taking care of me the next two days (God, help me!!!) and I'll be on bed rest a few more days after that. I'm sure I'll be checking back in on the weekend....try not to say too much so I can keep up.....ha ha!

Geeeeezzzzzz.....hubby just called. You'd think I haven't just seen him a half hour ago....he was very chatty. I must be making him nervous.

Bless,

Gill

Is it possible for him to make an appointment to go to the embassy and pick up a copy?

Keep in mind....yesterday was probably an embassy holiday. So, yes, keep trying to call.

While I also might understand why she might not want to go back to school, but now is the time for her to go. If she doesn't do it now, she's not going to go back and end up being the oldest one in the class and all that. Is there any way someone can meet her at the school and come home with her? If she ends up at home with nothing to do, it might get her depressed.

Bless,

Gill

agreed

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Jengles, how are you doing?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.