Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jengles......I can't stop thinking about you this weekend. I'm at a loss for words.......Just know I've been thinking about you and praying for whatever you need right now. Hold those children tight and remember just how blessed you are!

Those people who are bothering you are just making you a stronger person. Ignore their stupidity!

As far as Andre's sister........The taxi she was riding in dropped off the rest of the kids in the car at their respective stops, took a detour, and he raped her at knifepoint. We feel horrible. As much attitude as this child has sometimes, she's the sweetest girl. In my eyes, a little girl. How someone could do this to her, makes me spitting mad. If I had a machete in the vacinity of this guy, I would use it to ensure he would never BE ABLE to do this to another little girl again.

They went to the police and the hospital. Hopefully, he will be caught in the end and dealt with accordingly.

JG, I have no words....I cannot imagine how this must feel for her, going through something like this....all I can do is pray for her, that she will one day be able to move on from this....I hope Andre is getting through this, he must have so many emotions going through his head, he's probably thinking crazy stuff like if he was there he could have stopped it etc...I have seen what mobs do to rapists in Jamaica, while I shouldn't hope PEOPLE catch him before the police do, I can quite honestly say I DO wish that on him.

Ditto.

Jengles - sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my prayers.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Jengles......I can't stop thinking about you this weekend. I'm at a loss for words.......Just know I've been thinking about you and praying for whatever you need right now. Hold those children tight and remember just how blessed you are!

Those people who are bothering you are just making you a stronger person. Ignore their stupidity!

As far as Andre's sister........The taxi she was riding in dropped off the rest of the kids in the car at their respective stops, took a detour, and he raped her at knifepoint. We feel horrible. As much attitude as this child has sometimes, she's the sweetest girl. In my eyes, a little girl. How someone could do this to her, makes me spitting mad. If I had a machete in the vacinity of this guy, I would use it to ensure he would never BE ABLE to do this to another little girl again.

They went to the police and the hospital. Hopefully, he will be caught in the end and dealt with accordingly.

JG, I have no words....I cannot imagine how this must feel for her, going through something like this....all I can do is pray for her, that she will one day be able to move on from this....I hope Andre is getting through this, he must have so many emotions going through his head, he's probably thinking crazy stuff like if he was there he could have stopped it etc...I have seen what mobs do to rapists in Jamaica, while I shouldn't hope PEOPLE catch him before the police do, I can quite honestly say I DO wish that on him.

Ha Ha......me too, JAE. Me too. And, I don't really feel bad about thinking that.

Tre.....I was thinking the same thing about your story.....how did he think he was going to get away with it if they all knew him? The good news on my SIL story is he did wear a condom. I guess I can say Thank God for that much.

If I wasn't feeling sad enough all weekend, Andre said this is the 3rd of his 6 sisters that have been raped, one being gang raped. I shudder when I think of the two sisters that are still not in their teens.

I had such high hopes for this sister. Believe it or not, when she was about to enter her teenage years, they came to me and asked me to talk to her about making babies. We had such long talks on how she needed to be safe and careful. We had talks on how she wanted so much more then her older sisters and mother and how to accomplish that she needed not to pop out babies until she was financially and emotionally stable. She has been doing so good.....in school and with the boys. She is set to graduate this year and she had some sort of internship set up. I just hope this doesn't derail any of those plans. I pray she finds a way to live with herself. It all just makes me so sad.

JG --

If I told you what his defense was you would not believe it. He told the police and the Judge that she came on to him. She started feeling him up. When her father and everyone else in the courtroom heard that it sent them in rage. They had to remove our family from the property. They told him to keep him locked up, because if they released him that would be it for him. This RAPIST was 42 years old at the time. A BIG GUT TINKIN MAN and he had 4 daughters himself. He's a PREDATOR. He had it all planned out. When I read what you wrote about your SIL it just brought back all the rage and nightmares that my family went through at that time. 3 SISTERS raped OMG that is terrible. He must feel horrible.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jengles--I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know that it's hard to do so now, but try to remember that everything happens according to God's will. This is a tragedy...but in God's eye, it could be a blessing as well. I agree with what everyone else said--just continue to love your children and husband as much as you can...and TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! Unfortunately, we as women tend to take care of everyone else BUT ourselves...and in the end...we end up paying the price. I know it's hard to do, but think about yourself for once.

JG--I am so sorry to hear about Andre's sister. I'm always so horrified when people commit crimes against children. I hope he gets what's coming to him...for once, I don't mind people taking the more vigilante approach--BUN 'IM OUT!!! I will pray for you and your husband during this difficult time. He will need your strength and support so much right now. Are there counseling services available in the area?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ha Ha......me too, JAE. Me too. And, I don't really feel bad about thinking that.

Tre.....I was thinking the same thing about your story.....how did he think he was going to get away with it if they all knew him? The good news on my SIL story is he did wear a condom. I guess I can say Thank God for that much.

If I wasn't feeling sad enough all weekend, Andre said this is the 3rd of his 6 sisters that have been raped, one being gang raped. I shudder when I think of the two sisters that are still not in their teens.

I had such high hopes for this sister. Believe it or not, when she was about to enter her teenage years, they came to me and asked me to talk to her about making babies. We had such long talks on how she needed to be safe and careful. We had talks on how she wanted so much more then her older sisters and mother and how to accomplish that she needed not to pop out babies until she was financially and emotionally stable. She has been doing so good.....in school and with the boys. She is set to graduate this year and she had some sort of internship set up. I just hope this doesn't derail any of those plans. I pray she finds a way to live with herself. It all just makes me so sad.

JG, I added your SIL to the Prayer Chain at my church...I thought about her the whole weekend! Everytime I think about it I feel the bile rise in my throat and my eyes water. Then to read seh it's the 3rd out of SIX of his sister to be raped!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!? I often see reports about some African nations were 70 % of woman have reported being raped! And I think Bwoy, that's bad...but then to start to see that Jamaica is getting to that point...is just PISSING me off!!! Is when Jamaica git suh bad? Is when deh RASCLAAT men decide fi hurt our gyal pickney and stop protect dem? Is like Yard a ton inna Babylon fuh real, Man!!

I pray that one day she will heal...I pray that this does not stop her on her path to greatness...I pray that one day she will be able to find and know what true love between a man and a woman should feel like...I finally pray that this does not crush her little spirit and self-esteem and she knows that she did NOT deserve this!!! Unfortunately, bad things really do happen to good people!

JG, please reiterate that to her. Many rape victims, begin to feel like it was something they did wrong. Dress a certain way, or spoke a certain way, maybe if she fought harder!!! It's like they put themselves in a self-appointed prison. SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!!!! JG, keep telling her that! Whether she asks you are not! ...HE WAS WRONG, NOT HER...HE IS A GROWN-A$$ MAN!! Bwoy, but you know that old saying...what comes around...goes around! His time is coming! G-d, will deal with him!

Blessed love always,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't know about counseling services for her. It's MoBay so I'm sure there is something available. Once they calm down a little, I'll bring up that topic.

Gill, Tre, JAE, Kimmy.....you guys actually make me believe in the goodness of people again today. I think I need to get "the gang" together and whip up a little VJ justice!!!!!

Not to leave out any of the rest of you....I love and appreciate you all. It's just that some on here are a little tougher talking then others and those are the one's I want to help me avenge right now.

The thing about the whole 3rd sister thing is that the other two are not doing that great in the after effects. One died of AIDS, although they are not sure it is from the rape, and the other is kind of "off" if you ask me. The whole thing just angers me while it makes me incredibly sad.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I don't know about counseling services for her. It's MoBay so I'm sure there is something available. Once they calm down a little, I'll bring up that topic.

Gill, Tre, JAE, Kimmy.....you guys actually make me believe in the goodness of people again today. I think I need to get "the gang" together and whip up a little VJ justice!!!!!

Not to leave out any of the rest of you....I love and appreciate you all. It's just that some on here are a little tougher talking then others and those are the one's I want to help me avenge right now.

The thing about the whole 3rd sister thing is that the other two are not doing that great in the after effects. One died of AIDS, although they are not sure it is from the rape, and the other is kind of "off" if you ask me. The whole thing just angers me while it makes me incredibly sad.

What are you thinking JG. I am also looking into counseling for her. I know of an organization down there called 'Pum-Pum power'. I want to see if they have a branch in MoBay!

She needs something...I can't have this be the end all of do all for a 16 year old girl. Especially after hearing about the fates of the other 2 sisters.

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not thinking anything coherent right now, Gill.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline
I'm with you on using the machete. I'm sure this guy has done it before. The guy that raped my cousin was having sex with a lot of the girls he picked up. Sad, but a lot of school age girls love to see a man with a car and money.

When I called my husband with the news he said basicly the same thing...that this is not a rare occurance. He has had to caution his daughter against riding with just anyone because he found she wanted to ride in the cars with her friends with taxi drivers who played the loudest music and ray tay tay. His daughter's hips are just as big a mine at 14. I hope for her sake this dosen't happen to her. He calls often to check up and to let her know he loves her and that she can call and ask him for anything because he dosen't want her to be pursuaded by these monester's looking for a quick piece of young a$$.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
I'm not thinking anything coherent right now, Gill.

I hear ya Chica.

Look this is the organization that funds Pum-Pum Power! I think they would be a good place to get info on Rape counselling in MoBay!

If I get a chance this week, I'll call them...

Contact Information

Jamaica AIDS Support

Snail Mail Address

4 Upper Musgrave Avenue

Kingston 10, Jamaica W.I.

Telephone numbers

Tel: (876) 978-2345

Fax: (876) 978-7876

E-mail: info@jamaicaaidssupport.com

JG, Don't let bitterness eat at you. Gurl, I feel your pain and even more your's & Andre's frustration on not being able to protect her from this. But, same rules apply to both of you. You did nothing wrong. Unfortunately, we can't be everywhere for everyone!

Just be there for her now JG...Let her know that she is loved and cherished and that you are both there for her!

Many Many Many Blessings and prayers for your family at this time Chica!

Be well and stay well,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG- I don't even know what to say. I know how this can crush a young lady's spirit, because my sister was raped while at UF. We have been trying to encourage her to go to counseling, but she starts and then stops. The guy who raped her is from Cayman and he went right back there, so no justice has been served, but mek wi eva ketch him. One time some yute did try mess wid har when she was in high school, and since unnu knoa mi ah Jamaican, mi an mi odda sista went looking for him wid di cutlass in the car. Him lucky him nevah deh home, because wi did plan fi limb up him claat. But we still thank God, because we would be in some jail in Florida for murder or for inflicting bodily harm.

As JAE said, I usually don't agree with the vigilante justice, but this is one time I think the community should come together and deal wid him case. These men who are fathers, brothers, uncles - they don't realize how they ruin a young lady's life with such actions, destroying her spirit, her self-esteem. You can't even ask them suppose it was their daughter, because some of them are doing it to their children as well; no woman is safe with them. Ole wickid, gray back man dem!!! :angry:

JG - I pray that your sister in law gets some counseling. I wonder if the Women's Crisis Center in Kingston has a branch in MoBay because they also specialize in these sort of things.

Gill - mi nuh tink is jus now mos' of these things happening. It's just that the past generation had been told to keep quiet about these sort of things happening to them, so you didn't hear about it much. You had some mothers, who when they were told about the fathers molesting their daughters or their daughters being raped saying to their children that it happened to them too, so it's almost like it is justified. It is a sad state!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

reading about all this hurts...it does make u wonder what is Ja coming too. when i was there last may. i had two of my step daughters with me plus my son. and a woman from the market came up to me and told me to watch them. which of course i was, their both under 10. then she started with how taxi drivers tek them and rape them. i was like not in ja.

Gill is on the right track, refer her to counseling or if possible have them contact her. she will probably need postive reinforcement asap.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

((((((((((Kelly))))))))...I can't imagine anything u andur family is thinking of wating to do cause mi woulda do it and not even think...3 SISTERS !!! OMG !!! Gill thank you for what ur doing things like this ppl often think "oh cho she will get ova it" are u kidding dem likkle dutty tinkin gray tone man yah no know wah di hell dem do to di pickney dem...Lawny girl, mi can imagine wah kind of memories di brought back...TROW HIM INNA SOME TIRE AN BUN HIM RASS !! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!! dem tings yah hurt the police more time and dem want the community fi catch dem stinking pissa ...and to think dem 'ave pickney tuh...but dem seh wah drop offa head drop pon shoulda..not saying his kids will be nor do i want them to be raped but it can be in some other form of misery in their lifes..and little will they realize a cause wah dem dutty fawda did..

I'm praying for everybody..cause something ago round and everybody need some prayer !!!!

(L)(L)

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

JG, I added your SIL to the Prayer Chain at my church...I thought about her the whole weekend! Everytime I think about it I feel the bile rise in my throat and my eyes water. Then to read seh it's the 3rd out of SIX of his sister to be raped!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!? I often see reports about some African nations were 70 % of woman have reported being raped! And I think Bwoy, that's bad...but then to start to see that Jamaica is getting to that point...is just PISSING me off!!! Is when Jamaica git suh bad? Is when deh RASCLAAT men decide fi hurt our gyal pickney and stop protect dem? Is like Yard a ton inna Babylon fuh real, Man!!

I pray that one day she will heal...I pray that this does not stop her on her path to greatness...I pray that one day she will be able to find and know what true love between a man and a woman should feel like...I finally pray that this does not crush her little spirit and self-esteem and she knows that she did NOT deserve this!!! Unfortunately, bad things really do happen to good people!

JG, please reiterate that to her. Many rape victims, begin to feel like it was something they did wrong. Dress a certain way, or spoke a certain way, maybe if she fought harder!!! It's like they put themselves in a self-appointed prison. SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!!!! JG, keep telling her that! Whether she asks you are not! ...HE WAS WRONG, NOT HER...HE IS A GROWN-A$$ MAN!! Bwoy, but you know that old saying...what comes around...goes around! His time is coming! G-d, will deal with him!

Blessed love always,

Gill

Gill,

It's SAD, but it's a common occurance. The P*@#Y that raped my little cousin only spent 15 MONTHS in JAIL. That sickened me to my stomach. He had a well paid attorney, but that didn't save him from our family. Two of his brothers were jailed a few years before for the same kind of crime.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.