Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
you know ladies i just have to sit back and laugh at our so called immigration centers.....i just got another update that we were approved...umm hello just got the welcome letter....and then this is the real kicker....we were approved without sending ANY kind of medical info.....just makes me shake my head....they can be so picky when it comes to someone like tonya who was off by a year....and send her a rfe....it just goes to show that every cse is different....

There is no medical required on the K-1---if you AOS within a year--- cause it's all done beforehand. And, just sometimes they require the whole CS filled out vaccinations. I honestly believe it is cause they KNOW it all had to be done before he could even be issued the K-1 and are getting a little more lenient. Although, there are still those sticklers out there.

Do u know if this is true for the k-3 as well?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
you know ladies i just have to sit back and laugh at our so called immigration centers.....i just got another update that we were approved...umm hello just got the welcome letter....and then this is the real kicker....we were approved without sending ANY kind of medical info.....just makes me shake my head....they can be so picky when it comes to someone like tonya who was off by a year....and send her a rfe....it just goes to show that every cse is different....

There is no medical required on the K-1---if you AOS within a year--- cause it's all done beforehand. And, just sometimes they require the whole CS filled out vaccinations. I honestly believe it is cause they KNOW it all had to be done before he could even be issued the K-1 and are getting a little more lenient. Although, there are still those sticklers out there.

Do u know if this is true for the k-3 as well?

I honestly do not know that.

If he's had it within the last year, I would say it is very possibly the same.

Check out the K-3 forums. Maybe search for the medical. Somebody somewhere knows all the answers on here.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys;

My son blew my laptop, so I can't join you guys when I am home. I work mostly 3 days/week and that's the only time I have to be on0line. I really miss you guys, but I will check in as much as I can. Love to you all.

Kimmy, me gyal--yuh baby is soooo precious. much luv

hey Clairey girl....u nah go miss much...cause nuttin nah gwaan yah and Jawi still deh pon sick leave :) so by time Jawi come back I hope u have ur PC back....see wah mi a tell u bout pickney...u just affi love dem :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning all;

I mailed off the IV fee bill and it was delivered to NVC and Mike's dad sent in the I-864 and USPS showed that it was delivered but After checking the system every night I never received any message that it was received nor entered into the system.

Last night I called again and received the following message. What does that mean? We never submitted any documents except the IV bill and AOS.

NVC has reviewed your packet of forms and found info missing or incomplete. NVC mailed a letter on 11/29/2007 indicating what doc missing or incomplete. Please return the missing info to the NVC in and allow 6-8 weeks for review and you will be notified of the results????? :help::help:

Hey Claire,

We will truly miss you and I hope you see this message. More than likely the RFE is the DS-230, his original birth certificate and the police certificates. They give you this impression that you missed stuff, when really they are requesting you send new documentation. Tell Mike to send those things to you as soon as possible if you haven't received it yet. I have been recommending this to everyone I talk to...have him sign a couple copies of the DS230 part 1 (it needs an original signature, not a copy). NVC misplaced the first one I sent and I had to send another complete copy to them. Have him go do the police certificate now: 3 days: J$2000; 21 days: J$1000.

Hope this helps and nuh fret, him soon come! :thumbs:

-Tam

Edited by JA Tam

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL - yes, my timeline IS complicated and LONG. It took 14 months for the self-petition to be approved...CRAZY!!! Patience? What patience? I was checking the status online everyday! :jest:

The next step will be to wait for them to set up yet another biometrics appointment and then set up the interview to adjust status. I have a really good (and free) immigration attorney. Thank god ALL of my attorneys were/are free because of the DV. Oh, I didn't add my divorce to my timeline - my divorce was final on Halloween LOL. I had to have attorneys for housing (he tried to have me evicted but it didn't work), family, and divorce courts, and also for immigration. The only one I still have now is the immigration attorney.

Thank you guys for your well wishes.

Congratulations! :D

I am so happy for you. Best of luck with the rest of the journey :dance::dance:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Ok guys...Here is my shopping list below...I will get multiples of most these items but am I missing anything "vital"? I think I covered most of it and hubby says whatever I get is fine but I always feel like I am missing some staple things. Plus this is my once a year stock up so unless there is a big sale later whatever I miss is gone til next Christmas. So any things you would add?

SALTED FISH BONELESS

ANGEL BRAND SORREL

GRACE COCONUT MILK POWDER

GRACE DRY JERK SEASONING

WALKERSWOOD FIRE STICK PEPPER SAUCE

GRACE CURRY POWDER

EXCELSIOR CHEESE KRUNCHIES

WALKERSWOOD ESCOVEITCH SAUCE

D&G KOLA CHAMPAGNE 2 LTR (Pepsi)

EXCELSIOR WATER CRACKERS

GIZZADA

ROYAL CARIBBEAN HARDOUGH BREAD

GRACE ALL PURPOSE SEASONING

SUNRITE BAMMY (2-PK)

GRACE ####### SOUP

CARIBBEAN DREAM PEPPERMINT TEA

GRACE CHICKEN SEASONING

GRACE JERK SEASONING HOT

Lord girl, thats one long list! They don't sell these in your local market?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

We're really lucky in that we have a shop about 45 minutes away that sells everything!

Only problem I have in convincing my husband to drive me over there lol!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

We're really lucky in that we have a shop about 45 minutes away that sells everything!

Wow JaEnglishGirl;

My oh my how your boy has grown!!???? He is so precious. You girls with your baby pic are making me very jealous. My "breeding bag went to Iraq gone tun parachute" :lol::lol::lol: Oh how I wish I could have a baby for Mike!!! My heart can't go through that stress :crying::crying::crying:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

I mostly buy Ja stuff at the Spanish supermarket "Compare" and a Phillipino store I found here in Raleigh. I don't cook too much Ja food. I only do it sometimes and am not really crazy about it anymore. I eat all I can when I go home to Ja. I have adapted to just cooking and eating stuff the American way with some Ja flair :jest::jest::jest:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Yeah I guess I'm lucky too cause the local Vons sells all that stuff on Yardie Wifes list. We have a few Caribbean markets and neighborhoods too. There's also a little Ethiopia for some Rasta style meals.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Other Timeline
It's a DYAM disgrace when yuh cyaan even truss yuh hown family fi wuk WID yuh fi build sittin'!!! SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRPSSSSSS <lang dutty kiss teet> :angry:

Waving at everyone!!! (F)

BTY..this is the same reason my husband sold his taxi shortly after coming here. It sadden him he couldn't trust his brother to run it. :angry:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I have a question, do any of you all that have guys over here that were a fireball when they came and now they are tired all the time. I swear Lake wore me out when he got here, he was CONSTANTLY on the move, Wanting to go here,there, everywhere, and even around the house he was cleaning, doing the yard and now he is just achy and tired a lot. ts just like America wore him down or somethin. He is cold all the time which doesnt help, and he hurt his back last year at that darned temp job and it never has recovered, then he hurt his hip badly when we were out fishing, wrestling a turtle, etc, etc. Poor guy. He is SO accident prone. Has that happened with anyone else after a couple of years.

Hugs

Jill

HI Jill!!

My hubby's this way, never wants to go anywhere, spends his at home time sleeping, because there is not much of it :wacko: With him working all the time. It's work, sleep, workout- at home by the way, sleep, and back to work. Same for me tho. We try to catch a movie on Friday nights with the kids. I went home for lunch today, he was there sleeping on the couch with ashy white lips, from licking them all the time in the cold weather. He really needs to stop!!! :blink:

PAID maternity leave till 2009?????????????? WTH is a job like that?

Well the first six months is full pay, next three is 400 pounds a month, then 3 months on zero pay. Then my accrued vacation leave for last year which is three months on full pay kicks in, and then I will have accrued another three months vacation leave w when that`s finished :)

In the UK, statutory maternity leave is 9 months...My company has very good vacation leave too - 3 months

DAMN!!!!

Ok guys...Here is my shopping list below...I will get multiples of most these items but am I missing anything "vital"? I think I covered most of it and hubby says whatever I get is fine but I always feel like I am missing some staple things. Plus this is my once a year stock up so unless there is a big sale later whatever I miss is gone til next Christmas. So any things you would add?

SALTED FISH BONELESS

ANGEL BRAND SORREL

GRACE COCONUT MILK POWDER

GRACE DRY JERK SEASONING

WALKERSWOOD FIRE STICK PEPPER SAUCE

GRACE CURRY POWDER

EXCELSIOR CHEESE KRUNCHIES

WALKERSWOOD ESCOVEITCH SAUCE

D&G KOLA CHAMPAGNE 2 LTR (Pepsi)

EXCELSIOR WATER CRACKERS

GIZZADA

ROYAL CARIBBEAN HARDOUGH BREAD

GRACE ALL PURPOSE SEASONING

SUNRITE BAMMY (2-PK)

GRACE ####### SOUP

CARIBBEAN DREAM PEPPERMINT TEA

GRACE CHICKEN SEASONING

GRACE JERK SEASONING HOT

Thanks, givin this to hubby to bring back from JA :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.