Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:ot:

Ok Ladies,

I am gearing up to get outta here and head to see the Mister. I am sooooo looking forward to going out and dancing this time around and have been told about a few places in the Kingston area to check out. I wanted to ask you all if you've been to any of these places and what you think

QUAD

ASYLUM

These are sister clubs and Quad actually sounds really cool. What do you guys think? Ever been to these or know of some spots I should definitley check out while in Kingston....day or night spots.

When Kevin's visa got approved (November 13, 2007)- we celebrated at Asylum. It was off the chain! Also, the food at Cuddy'z is tasty (New Kingston).

CUDDY’Z SPORTS BAR & RESTAURANT

New Kingston Shopping Cntr

30 Dominica Drive 920-8019

Kgn 5

920-8019

You will have to pay to park next to the restaurant. It was inexpensive.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys add one more person to your prayer chain?

We woke up to the phone ringing off the hook this morning. Andre's 16 year old sister was attacked at knifepoint last night by a taxi driver on her way home from school. Not sure we are getting all the details right now cause everyone is pretty much hysterical. It's not good.

I will definitely keep your sis-in-law in my prayers.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can you guys add one more person to your prayer chain?

We woke up to the phone ringing off the hook this morning. Andre's 16 year old sister was attacked at knifepoint last night by a taxi driver on her way home from school. Not sure we are getting all the details right now cause everyone is pretty much hysterical. It's not good.

I will definitely keep your sis-in-law in my prayers.

Ditto

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello there,

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post in but I'm new to the board and I'm getting ready to start the intense K1 Visa process. I was initially going to pay someone to take care of it for me but decided it be best to do it myself and now I'm feeling overwhelmed. :unsure:

Anyway, a bit of info on me: I'm 24, fiancee is in JA and we are expecting a baby sometime in October (which I'm excited and terrified about, its my first time). We couldn't be happier except....

my family doesn't know about my relationship, I was afraid to tell them because they were very judgmental about a previous long distance relationship. I know they are going to be very disappointed in me and I almost can't bear it.

Any suggestions on how to break the news?

Also worried my fiancee won't make it in time for baby's birth.. plus my work is very stressful.. I have to figure out a way to tell them too :(

PS: I'm really feeling this thread :)

Michelle

Greetings and Welcome Momsie!!!! Glad to have you with us! First of all congrats on the baby :luv:!

Mich, although you are scared right now don't forget a baby is a blessing, never a curse! Remember Chica the good Lord never gives you more than what he thinks you can handle!

I know how you feel about breaking the news to your family! Iam going to tell you a secret...I just told my Father & many of my other family & friends that I filed for Ken a few weeks ago...(Gurl, I filed in JULY!!! :lol: ). For the same reasons as you! I have been pretty much been 0/0 on picking guys ...BEFORE my Kenny :luv: . I just didn't want to hear all the judgements and negative comments that go along with stepping out and taking a leap of faith! ("He's just using you for a Green Card" or "Gurl, did you NOT see what happened to Terry Mcmillan?" )

However, I have to tell you Mich...the burden of carrying that secret around with me for SIX months weighted heavily on me! I couldn't share my excitement, fear, joy (getting the NOA2) anything with my family! When I finally told them abput the interview date a few weeks ago! My Father said..."Hmmm, ok...we'll see." and kept it moving! :lol::lol: and my other friends were relatively happy, although a little apprehensive. So, all the built up tension and stress was for nothing!

Mich, I finally decided to tell them because of the following reason ...1). I am a grown woman and this is the path I have chosen for myself! Be it right or wrong...I will walk through it! 2). Ken deserves to be in the light, not hidden like some dirty dark secret!

Momsie, good or bad, right or wrong...there is no turning back now! This is your path and MOST importantly THIS IS YOUR LIFE...NO ONE ELSE'S. You seem like wonderfully bright young lady! You are aware that it is not all going to be roses...but you are prepared for that!

So, I would do this...pick one or two or your closest friends/family members and tell them. However, ask them not to tell anyone else until you have had an opportunity to do so! Then tell your parents. Look, I KNOW how damn hard it is!! I'm 13 years older than you and I was so concerned about disappointing my Father yet again... But Sweetie, like Jomo said Parents have a way of surprising you. Ultimately all a parent wants is for you to be happy!

Not to mention, a visa application you can hide ...a pregnancy...hmmmm...likkle harder to do that! :lol: Better to tell them now, get it off your chest and give them a opportunity to get use to the idea.

As far as the Visa application...never say never! They bulk of the backlog seems to be thinning out now...so you have a shot! You may not be able to go down for the interview...be he will hopefully be here for your child's birth! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD!

So, whatever road you decide to take to tell or not...we will be here to help you along the way! No judgements here Sweetheart...just love and good vibes!!! :luv::luv:

*Ok Ya'll Gill is stepping down from the soap box!* :lol::lol:

Bless-ed,

Gill

Oh and feel free to PM anyone of us if you need too ;)

Gill,

I worried about that all of one week. Even my people in Jamaica was trippin. When I took him my District in Trelawny...they came out of the everywhere. But you know what, I don't care. This is my decision and God will guide me.

Gill, I have a question...is it a bad idea to take my son on the interview. I could leave him with family, but I'm not sure about that. I'm not sure if the embassy would refuse him entry.

Lawny,

I thought about taking my boys...then decided against it! That day is going to be stressful enough...why place more stress on myself-trying to keep my eyes on them, answer questions, handing in paperwork! We will be taking KJ, because we filed for him also.

Whether they will grant your son entry I don't think that would be a problem. But call 202-663-1225 and ask them for sure.

Love ya,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ladies, thanks for your support...I only cried at the hospital and now when i read the PMs I got. You should all be glad we communicate via computer because i don't cry pretty...like on tv..

I had a rough week and walking up and down two flights of stairs with two bags and a baby every day and having to shovel snow on wed. didn't help. I'd been spotting all week, but thursday night it was VERY heavy and prompted me to go the ER friday night.

god always has a master plan, so I'm trying to leave it in his hands. I have 2 other children i have to hold it down for right now. one of whom is teething.

JaEnglish, i'm not offended by anything u said at all.

ok so back to the regularly scheduled programing. because ya'll know i always seem to have a story

The same school that was giving me so much grief the other day. actually had the nerve to call me on friday at work to tell me. there was no afterschool that day. they called me at 4pm and wanted me to get there by 5pm, whatever. I got there at 5;45 but that ain't the story

yesterday on the way to pick up my kids(they were over a friends house) I stopped by the bank to cash a check to myself. I went to a bank in a differend neighorbood a lot more upscale than mine. so anyway, i go up the teller and present him the check. he asks me if i have an account with the bank. i said yes (in New York city, u can right out a check to CASH instead of putting someone's name in the to section of the check, so technically he may have not known that I was the owner of the account) i stated yes. he then said are u mrs jengles. i said yes he then asked me to swipe my bank card, no problem, he then asked for ID so he can right it down. now i'm sort of like huh, because if i just swiped my card and put in my pin, that should be all the id i need, but ok, show him my drivers liscence. then my boy looks at my account and asks me a question. i didn't hear him so he repeated the question 'the credit from xyz place is that your tax return?" i said no its my paycheck. then i asked him why did he ask me that, oh he wanted to make sure everything was alright with my account. his job is to make sure the funds are available in the account to cover the check i presented not to get into my personal business. and yes he was of another color. the black teller sitting next to him just kept on looking at him and laughing. my teller couldn't look at me in my face anymore.

On my way out, i kindly asked for his supervisor and spoke to one of the personal bankers who agreed with me that he had no business at all asking me that question and said she would speak to him.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Other Timeline
On my way out, i kindly asked for his supervisor and spoke to one of the personal bankers who agreed with me that he had no business at all asking me that question and said she would speak to him.

The nerve of some ignorant people. :angry::wacko::blink:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Ladies, thanks for your support...I only cried at the hospital and now when i read the PMs I got. You should all be glad we communicate via computer because i don't cry pretty...like on tv..

I had a rough week and walking up and down two flights of stairs with two bags and a baby every day and having to shovel snow on wed. didn't help. I'd been spotting all week, but thursday night it was VERY heavy and prompted me to go the ER friday night.

god always has a master plan, so I'm trying to leave it in his hands. I have 2 other children i have to hold it down for right now. one of whom is teething.

ok so back to the regularly scheduled programing. because ya'll know i always seem to have a story

The same school that was giving me so much grief the other day. actually had the nerve to call me on friday at work to tell me. there was no afterschool that day. they called me at 4pm and wanted me to get there by 5pm, whatever. I got there at 5;45 but that ain't the story

yesterday on the way to pick up my kids(they were over a friends house) I stopped by the bank to cash a check to myself. I went to a bank in a differend neighorbood a lot more upscale than mine. so anyway, i go up the teller and present him the check. he asks me if i have an account with the bank. i said yes (in New York city, u can right out a check to CASH instead of putting someone's name in the to section of the check, so technically he may have not known that I was the owner of the account) i stated yes. he then said are u mrs jengles. i said yes he then asked me to swipe my bank card, no problem, he then asked for ID so he can right it down. now i'm sort of like huh, because if i just swiped my card and put in my pin, that should be all the id i need, but ok, show him my drivers liscence. then my boy looks at my account and asks me a question. i didn't hear him so he repeated the question 'the credit from xyz place is that your tax return?" i said no its my paycheck. then i asked him why did he ask me that, oh he wanted to make sure everything was alright with my account. his job is to make sure the funds are available in the account to cover the check i presented not to get into my personal business. and yes he was of another color. the black teller sitting next to him just kept on looking at him and laughing. my teller couldn't look at me in my face anymore.

Dyam Bright han houtta order! I would have said..."What are you jealous!!! Sweetheart, if you buss your behind the way I did and Do...one day that paycheck could be going into your account!!!" Oh, that's right black people can only get a large amount of money once a year...God forbid we actually WORK for it!!!!!!!

I get that all the time here on the Island...people automatically assume that I live or am from large minority neighborhoods! When I tell them where I do live (Upper class, white neighborhood)...you can see the question in their eyes "I didn't know any blacks lived there!" But what they say is 'Ohhhhh, very nice!'- With that fake -a$$ smile! The funny thing is My town used to be a the part of a huge plantation were the slaves lived! :lol::lol::lol: I love to tell them my ancestors have been there for almost 500 years! :o:blink::blink:

(Is a dyam lie...but yuh doan knoa mi arready :lol::lol:;) )

Just hignore dem yah Jengy!

Love ya Chica,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Dyam Bright han houtta order! I would have said..."What are you jealous!!! Sweetheart, if you buss your behind the way I did and Do...one day that paycheck could be going into your account!!!" Oh, that's right black people can only get a large amount of money once a year...God forbid we actually WORK for it!!!!!!!

I get that all the time here on the Island...people automatically assume that I live or am from large minority neighborhoods! When I tell them where I do live (Upper class, white neighborhood)...you can see the question in their eyes "I didn't know any blacks lived there!" But what they say is 'Ohhhhh, very nice!'- With that fake -a$$ smile! The funny thing is My town used to be a the part of a huge plantation were the slaves lived! :lol::lol::lol: I love to tell them my ancestors have been there for almost 500 years! :o:blink::blink:

(Is a dyam lie...but yuh doan knoa mi arready :lol::lol:;) )

Love ya Chica,

Gill

Exactly! Guess he thought the only time we have a "come up" that big is if we get a huge tax refund!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The nerve of some people...LOL

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

Jengles......I can't stop thinking about you this weekend. I'm at a loss for words.......Just know I've been thinking about you and praying for whatever you need right now. Hold those children tight and remember just how blessed you are!

Those people who are bothering you are just making you a stronger person. Ignore their stupidity!

As far as Andre's sister........The taxi she was riding in dropped off the rest of the kids in the car at their respective stops, took a detour, and he raped her at knifepoint. We feel horrible. As much attitude as this child has sometimes, she's the sweetest girl. In my eyes, a little girl. How someone could do this to her, makes me spitting mad. If I had a machete in the vacinity of this guy, I would use it to ensure he would never BE ABLE to do this to another little girl again.

They went to the police and the hospital. Hopefully, he will be caught in the end and dealt with accordingly.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Jengles......I can't stop thinking about you this weekend. I'm at a loss for words.......Just know I've been thinking about you and praying for whatever you need right now. Hold those children tight and remember just how blessed you are!

Those people who are bothering you are just making you a stronger person. Ignore their stupidity!

As far as Andre's sister........The taxi she was riding in dropped off the rest of the kids in the car at their respective stops, took a detour, and he raped her at knifepoint. We feel horrible. As much attitude as this child has sometimes, she's the sweetest girl. In my eyes, a little girl. How someone could do this to her, makes me spitting mad. If I had a machete in the vacinity of this guy, I would use it to ensure he would never BE ABLE to do this to another little girl again.

They went to the police and the hospital. Hopefully, he will be caught in the end and dealt with accordingly.

JG -

The same thing happened to my little cousin. Same situation but, my cousin was only 13 years old. This use to happen a lot all over the island, when taxis became the main source of transportation for most pople. A taxi driver picked up a group of kids, she was the last stop...he told her he was going to pick up his daughter and he detour and raped her. This was a guy that she knew and everyone else in the neigborhood knew. It took the entire Duncans and Clarks Town police force to rescue him from our family. The FRIGGED up part, my little cousin got pregnant. I don't know what the EDIOTS did at the hospital in Falmouth, but apparently they didn't do what they needed to. She lost the baby a few months later. It's almost 8 years later and she's just out there (even though she's an adult now)... I think this ATTACK affected her in the worse way and understandable so. My advice, get her into counseling early. But like I know most young Jamaican women she's will refuse it. My cousin I think is 21 now and she's getting ready to deliver baby number 3.

I'm with you on using the machete. I'm sure this guy has done it before. The guy that raped my cousin was having sex with a lot of the girls he picked up. Sad, but a lot of school age girls love to see a man with a car and money.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

thanks JG,

that poor child, she must be so tramatized right now. I hope they catch the lowlife that did this and that andre's family gets a few licks in, before he gets locked away.

JG -

The same thing happened to my little cousin. Same situation but, my cousin was only 13 years old. This use to happen a lot all over the island, when taxis became the main source of transportation for most pople. A taxi driver picked up a group of kids, she was the last stop...he told her he was going to pick up his daughter and he detour and raped her. This was a guy that she knew and everyone else in the neigborhood knew. It took the entire Duncans and Clarks Town police force to rescue him from our family. The FRIGGED up part, my little cousin got pregnant. I don't know what the EDIOTS did at the hospital in Falmouth, but apparently they didn't do what they needed to. She lost the baby a few months later. It's almost 8 years later and she's just out there (even though she's an adult now)... I think this ATTACK affected her in the worse way and understandable so. My advice, get her into counseling early. But like I know most young Jamaican women she's will refuse it. My cousin I think is 21 now and she's getting ready to deliver baby number 3.

I'm with you on using the machete. I'm sure this guy has done it before. The guy that raped my cousin was having sex with a lot of the girls he picked up. Sad, but a lot of school age girls love to see a man with a car and money.

everyone knew him and he thought he would get a way with it.

Timeline

(Is a dyam lie...but yuh doan knoa mi arready :lol: :lol: ;) )

Love ya Chica,

Gill

You know that u are too funny! that was all i needed to finish off my week!

haha!! jomo thats too funny about andre wit the machete. So where in the world do i get a machete? I don't even know who sells them.

I got his at Knife-Depot.com. He HAD to have one of those stupid things. I will admit it has come in handy quite a few times.....usually yard work related.

Hey, anyone that has their SO's here and they cook, do they tend to pick the biggest knife you have in the kitchen to chop EVERYTHING? I am always amazed when I walk in and he's chopping onions with the meat cleaver.

:yes: It scars the ####### outta me. I leave the kitchen when he's cutting pineapples, mango or even bread.

He always keeps knives in secret places around the house :blink: I feel sorry for someone decides to break-in :dead:

We have the machete right beside the bed. I pity anyone who tries to break in too.

DWL........JG, you sure you're not a born Jamaican? I have 2...one near the bed side and the other behind the sofa...so, mi sarry fi ene badi who tri fi crass mi

mine is behind my bed head, i was wondering how to sharpen it?

Timeline

Hey y'all

A very early good morning to my VJ family..Just here trying to catch up on whatever I missed the pass couple of days in between tasks here at work. When I go home I am like a zombie (duppy TAM :jest: you knoa).

I hope that you all had a wonderful and productive weekend and look forward to spending this shortened week in your company.

Love always

Claire (L)(L)(F)(L)(F)(L)(L)

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

JG, I have no words....I cannot imagine how this must feel for her, going through something like this....all I can do is pray for her, that she will one day be able to move on from this....I hope Andre is getting through this, he must have so many emotions going through his head, he's probably thinking crazy stuff like if he was there he could have stopped it etc...I have seen what mobs do to rapists in Jamaica, while I shouldn't hope PEOPLE catch him before the police do, I can quite honestly say I DO wish that on him.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

JG, I have no words....I cannot imagine how this must feel for her, going through something like this....all I can do is pray for her, that she will one day be able to move on from this....I hope Andre is getting through this, he must have so many emotions going through his head, he's probably thinking crazy stuff like if he was there he could have stopped it etc...I have seen what mobs do to rapists in Jamaica, while I shouldn't hope PEOPLE catch him before the police do, I can quite honestly say I DO wish that on him.

Ha Ha......me too, JAE. Me too. And, I don't really feel bad about thinking that.

Tre.....I was thinking the same thing about your story.....how did he think he was going to get away with it if they all knew him? The good news on my SIL story is he did wear a condom. I guess I can say Thank God for that much.

If I wasn't feeling sad enough all weekend, Andre said this is the 3rd of his 6 sisters that have been raped, one being gang raped. I shudder when I think of the two sisters that are still not in their teens.

I had such high hopes for this sister. Believe it or not, when she was about to enter her teenage years, they came to me and asked me to talk to her about making babies. We had such long talks on how she needed to be safe and careful. We had talks on how she wanted so much more then her older sisters and mother and how to accomplish that she needed not to pop out babies until she was financially and emotionally stable. She has been doing so good.....in school and with the boys. She is set to graduate this year and she had some sort of internship set up. I just hope this doesn't derail any of those plans. I pray she finds a way to live with herself. It all just makes me so sad.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.