Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can you guys add one more person to your prayer chain?

We woke up to the phone ringing off the hook this morning. Andre's 16 year old sister was attacked at knifepoint last night by a taxi driver on her way home from school. Not sure we are getting all the details right now cause everyone is pretty much hysterical. It's not good.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We woke up to the phone ringing off the hook this morning. Andre's 16 year old sister was attacked at knifepoint last night by a taxi driver on her way home from school. Not sure we are getting all the details right now cause everyone is pretty much hysterical. It's not good.

OMG !!! what !!! I'll def add you guys and her in our prayers...What the heck is going on is this blinking world....!!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

OMG !!! what !!! I'll def add you guys and her in our prayers...What the heck is going on is this blinking world....!!!

OMG!!! Ditto. :blush::unsure:

Ok ladies...bad news....I had a miscarriage...I just came back from the hospital....then too top it off i sent mr jengles the nastiest text from the hospital...i think i need to take some me time and stop trying to fix things around me. now i'm going off on tangents....later ladiesl

Sorry for your loss Jens, tek some time and get some rest. (F)

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh Lord Kels,

I am so so sorry to hear that... water just came to my eyes reading that...Poor Baby...just 16!! Lawd, what is our poor country coming to when a young girl can't walk home from SCHOOL and be safe!

Sweetheart she, you and Andre's familyare most certainly in my prayers! I sincerely hope it is not as bad as I think!

Blessed love always, (L)(L)(L)

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok ladies...bad news....I had a miscarriage...I just came back from the hospital....then too top it off i sent mr jengles the nastiest text from the hospital...i think i need to take some me time and stop trying to fix things around me. now i'm going off on tangents....later ladiesl

Oh Jengles, I am so sorry to hear. {{{{HUGS}}}} You will be in my prayers. (L)

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG - I am so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I will keep her and your family in much prayer. What ah ting fi happen right after all the knife argument yesterday. This is so scary!!! I can only imagine how Andre and the rest of your family feel right now :(

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Wow, so sorry to hear, Jomo.

####### would a GROWN ### man be doing attacking a CHILD????????

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Sorry about your loss....try to take it easy and keep your mind at ease. I'll keep you in my prayers... (L)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

Such a shame....I hope she's o.k. and not in harm's way. I can only imagine what you, Dre and his family must be going through....of course we'll keep you in our prayers and give both you and Jengles all the support you need.

Tonisha (F)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: Timeline

JG -

I'm so,sorry to hear that. I'll add you to my prayer group at church...I tell you.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

((((HUGS))))) (F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Jengles so sorry to hear that baby girl. PM me if you need some one to talk to. I've gone through 2 miscarriges in one year, so if you need a shoulder, I'm here for you or if you just want to VENT...I'm here also.

(((((((((((((((((PRAYER CHAIN)))))))))))))

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Hello there,

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post in but I'm new to the board and I'm getting ready to start the intense K1 Visa process. I was initially going to pay someone to take care of it for me but decided it be best to do it myself and now I'm feeling overwhelmed. :unsure:

Anyway, a bit of info on me: I'm 24, fiancee is in JA and we are expecting a baby sometime in October (which I'm excited and terrified about, its my first time). We couldn't be happier except....

my family doesn't know about my relationship, I was afraid to tell them because they were very judgmental about a previous long distance relationship. I know they are going to be very disappointed in me and I almost can't bear it.

Any suggestions on how to break the news?

Also worried my fiancee won't make it in time for baby's birth.. plus my work is very stressful.. I have to figure out a way to tell them too :(

PS: I'm really feeling this thread :)

Michelle

Greetings and Welcome Momsie!!!! Glad to have you with us! First of all congrats on the baby :luv:!

Mich, although you are scared right now don't forget a baby is a blessing, never a curse! Remember Chica the good Lord never gives you more than what he thinks you can handle!

I know how you feel about breaking the news to your family! Iam going to tell you a secret...I just told my Father & many of my other family & friends that I filed for Ken a few weeks ago...(Gurl, I filed in JULY!!! :lol: ). For the same reasons as you! I have been pretty much been 0/0 on picking guys ...BEFORE my Kenny :luv: . I just didn't want to hear all the judgements and negative comments that go along with stepping out and taking a leap of faith! ("He's just using you for a Green Card" or "Gurl, did you NOT see what happened to Terry Mcmillan?" )

However, I have to tell you Mich...the burden of carrying that secret around with me for SIX months weighted heavily on me! I couldn't share my excitement, fear, joy (getting the NOA2) anything with my family! When I finally told them abput the interview date a few weeks ago! My Father said..."Hmmm, ok...we'll see." and kept it moving! :lol::lol: and my other friends were relatively happy, although a little apprehensive. So, all the built up tension and stress was for nothing!

Mich, I finally decided to tell them because of the following reason ...1). I am a grown woman and this is the path I have chosen for myself! Be it right or wrong...I will walk through it! 2). Ken deserves to be in the light, not hidden like some dirty dark secret!

Momsie, good or bad, right or wrong...there is no turning back now! This is your path and MOST importantly THIS IS YOUR LIFE...NO ONE ELSE'S. You seem like wonderfully bright young lady! You are aware that it is not all going to be roses...but you are prepared for that!

So, I would do this...pick one or two or your closest friends/family members and tell them. However, ask them not to tell anyone else until you have had an opportunity to do so! Then tell your parents. Look, I KNOW how damn hard it is!! I'm 13 years older than you and I was so concerned about disappointing my Father yet again... But Sweetie, like Jomo said Parents have a way of surprising you. Ultimately all a parent wants is for you to be happy!

Not to mention, a visa application you can hide ...a pregnancy...hmmmm...likkle harder to do that! :lol: Better to tell them now, get it off your chest and give them a opportunity to get use to the idea.

As far as the Visa application...never say never! They bulk of the backlog seems to be thinning out now...so you have a shot! You may not be able to go down for the interview...be he will hopefully be here for your child's birth! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD!

So, whatever road you decide to take to tell or not...we will be here to help you along the way! No judgements here Sweetheart...just love and good vibes!!! :luv::luv:

*Ok Ya'll Gill is stepping down from the soap box!* :lol::lol:

Bless-ed,

Gill

Oh and feel free to PM anyone of us if you need too ;)

Gill,

I worried about that all of one week. Even my people in Jamaica was trippin. When I took him my District in Trelawny...they came out of the everywhere. But you know what, I don't care. This is my decision and God will guide me.

Gill, I have a question...is it a bad idea to take my son on the interview. I could leave him with family, but I'm not sure about that. I'm not sure if the embassy would refuse him entry.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

JG-

That is horrible!! Keep us updated. This will totally be in my prayers. Satan has no dominion over that which is the Lords!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.