Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
haha!! jomo thats too funny about andre wit the machete. So where in the world do i get a machete? I don't even know who sells them.

I got his at Knife-Depot.com. He HAD to have one of those stupid things. I will admit it has come in handy quite a few times.....usually yard work related.

Hey, anyone that has their SO's here and they cook, do they tend to pick the biggest knife you have in the kitchen to chop EVERYTHING? I am always amazed when I walk in and he's chopping onions with the meat cleaver.

:yes: It scars the ####### outta me. I leave the kitchen when he's cutting pineapples, mango or even bread.

He always keeps knives in secret places around the house :blink: I feel sorry for someone decides to break-in :dead:

We have the machete right beside the bed. I pity anyone who tries to break in too.

DWL........JG, you sure you're not a born Jamaican? I have 2...one near the bed side and the other behind the sofa...so, mi sarry fi ene badi who tri fi crass mi

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HAHA this whole knife/machete thing is too funny!! Yup! jamaican men and their knives!! I remember Evan's uncle shaving and sharpening knives all day in the yard. there was a whole heap of knives on the back porch. Then he go walking the big yard with machete inna im hand. Wacking at the bush or giving somebody a few Jamaican bad wud!! Mi didn't even know him much nor did I even know Evan at this time, and mi inna dem house wi wan mash up foot deh. Lawd, mi affi pray deh don't kill mi inna deh night!

Kim, thats crazy bout the girls night ting. I'd be scared of some big gyal come up tuh me and try feh chat mi hup!! Mi mek sure seh mi nah guh on Tuesday.

haha!! jomo thats too funny about andre wit the machete. So where in the world do i get a machete? I don't even know who sells them.

I got his at Knife-Depot.com. He HAD to have one of those stupid things. I will admit it has come in handy quite a few times.....usually yard work related.

Hey, anyone that has their SO's here and they cook, do they tend to pick the biggest knife you have in the kitchen to chop EVERYTHING? I am always amazed when I walk in and he's chopping onions with the meat cleaver.

:yes: It scars the ####### outta me. I leave the kitchen when he's cutting pineapples, mango or even bread.

He always keeps knives in secret places around the house :blink: I feel sorry for someone decides to break-in :dead:

We have the machete right beside the bed. I pity anyone who tries to break in too.

DWL........JG, you sure you're not a born Jamaican? I have 2...one near the bed side and the other behind the sofa...so, mi sarry fi ene badi who tri fi crass mi

Lawd!!! now mi tink mi need fi guh get mi a machete fass fass so mi cyan be prepared tuh mash up ennybaddy dat cross mi tuh!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dangit............We aren't getting our stimulus package rebate till the beginning of August. Gotta make sure to file out 2007 tax return with Andre's name first....that cuts out about 3 weeks of waiting for us.

In case you don't know what I am talking about, my accountant just sent me a list of how it's going to be mailed. They are doing it by the last 2 numbers of your SSN, starting the 23rd of July and going through September 24th. I tried to copy it; but can't seem to do it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dangit............We aren't getting our stimulus package rebate till the beginning of August. Gotta make sure to file out 2007 tax return with Andre's name first....that cuts out about 3 weeks of waiting for us.

In case you don't know what I am talking about, my accountant just sent me a list of how it's going to be mailed. They are doing it by the last 2 numbers of your SSN, starting the 23rd of July and going through September 24th. I tried to copy it; but can't seem to do it.

I saw that same list you are talking about but then I have also heard that the first checks are going out in May. Not quite sure which one to believe. All I know is I am not counting on that check for anything until it is my hands and deposited into my account. They keep changing way to many things for me to trust it til I see it.

Timeline

I saw that same list you are talking about but then I have also heard that the first checks are going out in May. Not quite sure which one to believe. All I know is I am not counting on that check for anything until it is my hands and deposited into my account. They keep changing way to many things for me to trust it til I see it.

I'm stomping my foot and throwing a fit..........but I REALLY want a new bed NOW!!!!!!!!

I keep hearing all that stuff too. I used to work for this accountant and he's very cautious about sending out info until he's as sure as possible it is accurate. He's a real stickler for research. Anyhow, I'm trusting this is the final word on it or he wouldn't send it out. I remember getting some state rebate a few years back and they did it in August and September too. Must be some magical rebate month(s).

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello there,

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post in but I'm new to the board and I'm getting ready to start the intense K1 Visa process. I was initially going to pay someone to take care of it for me but decided it be best to do it myself and now I'm feeling overwhelmed. :unsure:

Anyway, a bit of info on me: I'm 24, fiancee is in JA and we are expecting a baby sometime in October (which I'm excited and terrified about, its my first time). We couldn't be happier except....

my family doesn't know about my relationship, I was afraid to tell them because they were very judgmental about a previous long distance relationship. I know they are going to be very disappointed in me and I almost can't bear it.

Any suggestions on how to break the news?

Also worried my fiancee won't make it in time for baby's birth.. plus my work is very stressful.. I have to figure out a way to tell them too :(

PS: I'm really feeling this thread :)

Michelle

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First off welcome to the thread Michelle :dance: Congrats on the baby :wub:

The guides on the website are very good. I suggest you read through those thoroughly and feel free to ask about any questions you may have. If you file soon there is a good chance he could be here before the baby is born. No guarantees but the sooner you file the better chance there is.

As for the other stuff...is there someone in your family that you could confide in first to then help you when you tell the rest of them? It is very important that when you do talk to them that you don't let them bully you or make you feel bad. You are a big woman and it is your life and your choice what you do. I suggest when you do tell them you don't give too many details but just the facts and such until they can get used to it and then you can go into details if they want to hear later. Well I am going to step back and wait for Gill to give her advice which I am sure will be brilliant and much more helpful than my own :yes:

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: Timeline
Hello there,

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post in but I'm new to the board and I'm getting ready to start the intense K1 Visa process. I was initially going to pay someone to take care of it for me but decided it be best to do it myself and now I'm feeling overwhelmed. :unsure:

Anyway, a bit of info on me: I'm 24, fiancee is in JA and we are expecting a baby sometime in October (which I'm excited and terrified about, its my first time). We couldn't be happier except....

my family doesn't know about my relationship, I was afraid to tell them because they were very judgmental about a previous long distance relationship. I know they are going to be very disappointed in me and I almost can't bear it.

Also worried my fiancee won't make it in time for baby's birth.. plus my work is very stressful.. I have to figure out a way to tell them too :(

Michelle

WOW, Michelle that was fast. I'm glad you took my advice and jumped over here. Like I said before, I'm new, but the LADIES here will take excellent care of you. Not sure if you're Jamaican or not (it doesn't matter)...I just love to chat in PATWAH and sometimes...I'll go back and forth. It's fun and you'll learn to chat it tuh...so welcome aboard...we will hold your hand along the way...they've been holding my hand since January of this year.

Like I said, they (we) don't only offer IMMIGRATION advice...so chat weh. If you need a laugh and work is stressing you or u jus wah ring smaid neck...come yahso...tep inna di yard...we will mind u...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hello there,

Michelle

The odds are probably pretty good that he will not be there for the birth if you haven't even started the process yet. You are going to have to tell them sooner or later.

Parent's have an amazing ability to love their children no matter what they think about the choices they make in life. I'm sure given time to digest it all, they will love and accept him and your child together. Sit them down and tell them this is what is happening, I'm happy as can be, and this is how it's going to be. Like someone else said, you are grown. No one else has the right to make any choices for you.

I wish you luck.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
For any of you Suze Orman fans out there and/or women who want to learn to better handle your financial future, Oprah announced on yesterday's show free downloads of Suze's newest book, "Women & Money, owning the power to control your destiny."

It's on www.oprah.com

Under "Suicide, lied, debts......yesterday's show"

Look for exclusive free download of Suze Orman's book

It's 274 pages, so be forwarned if you print it out.

Free download offer good till 5 p.m. Pacific Time TODAY.

I saw that show and made my sister download a copy for herself cause she's moving to New York. I've had that book for awhile and it is a really good read. I've been reading her stuff for years...

Suze's the reason why I don't have any credit card debt right now!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Wow I thought I was the only one that did not own a credit card. LOL I love her show!!! I have Dave Ramsey books on finances.

I have read her book too its great.

Off topic: Please keep our town in your prayers. I can't believe a school shooting happened in my home town. Now I can believe it can happen at any school anywhere. My cousin was in that building she was a secretary. It was crazy.

I haven't been on her in awhile because my hubby is a computer hog. I bought him a new one yesterday so we can have his own. With him going to college he has a lot of papers to write.

Everyone who has a long weekend this week cause presidents day enjoy.

Welcome Mommy2be!! You will find a lot of good information here for your SO visa!!! All the best.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
It was the best Cherry Limeaid I've ever had. I think I might stop by there on my way home tonight for another.

There was a thread on VJ about food that got to the Cherry Limeaid. It's all their fault I was even thinking about it. Damn them!!!!

hahahahhahahaha. oh well, at least its a fairly harmless addiction

Im glad it was all you expected and more! :)

Take your time and think about what you want to say to him. Do not rush to judgement. You can even write down what you want to say. Please, please do not call him when you are angry. This will make things seem worse and you both will start fighting. Remember "a soft answer turneth away wrath." Pray about it and let God be your guide. The devil is rampant in these parts and will try to destroy families. That is his goal :devil::devil: Remember what God has joined together let no man nor the devil tear apart.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope everthing works out for the best. :thumbs::thumbs:

ditto...ditto (F) OR WOMAN

AMEN!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello there,

Michelle

Hey Michelle....welcome to the thread and congrats on the baby!

I know your feeling stressed right now with not telling your family and and friends about all that's going on with you but if this relationship is truly what you want, then you're eventually gonna have to tell someone, right? Maybe talk to your fiance and get a better sense of where his head is and how you want to proceed with the K-1 etc. Sounds like you are both excited about the baby so those are good things!

I know friends and family can be judgemental but like my mother always used to say....."well, everyone's gotta think something" so just make sure you're comfortable with your own decisions and you'll be fine. There are lots of people on here that can offer great advice and info about the process so join in whenever you're ready and good luck with whatever you decide.

Tonisha :)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome to the thread Michelle; we love adding one more :luv: I pray that you will find the support that many of us have found here on VJ while you go through the K1 process. I know letting your family know what is going on is overwhelming, but I know despite their reactions when they are first told, the love they have for you will cause them to offer the support you need. If you know in your heart of hearts that your fiance is who you want to be it, then let no one keep you from your destiny, but at the same token, don't dismiss sound advice that you may receive. Congratulations on your baby and we look forward to having you on here more often.

Marlita - I am sure you are in JA, but I hope you have a fabulous time!!!!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.