Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Nbees!!! I see you dung there!! How are you today! Gearing up for your interview??

Gill

Yes Nebesaw; how are things going with you? Join in with us and update us on your progress. Are you all ready for the interview? Will you be attendind the interview with your SO? Spill it now :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Lawd Clariey...yuh see wat yuh doan now...yuh scare poor Nbees aweh! :lol::lol: ...Hush she soon come back...we can be a intimidating bunch at first!! :lol: But, once yuh git tuh knoa us...yuh love us! :luv::luv:

Bless,

Gill

Me sarry, me neva mean nuh harm. :innocent::innocent: Me ongly a try fe mek she knoa sey we dey yah fe har. Any help she need we deh yah fe help. Whaoiii a whe me duh, Oonu fagive me.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Nbees!!! I see you dung there!! How are you today! Gearing up for your interview??

Gill

Yes Nebesaw; how are things going with you? Join in with us and update us on your progress. Are you all ready for the interview? Will you be attendind the interview with your SO? Spill it now :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Lawd Clariey...yuh see wat yuh doan now...yuh scare poor Nbees aweh! :lol::lol: ...Hush she soon come back...we can be a intimidating bunch at first!! :lol: But, once yuh git tuh knoa us...yuh love us! :luv::luv:

Bless,

Gill

Me sarry, me neva mean nuh harm. :innocent::innocent: Me ongly a try fe mek she knoa sey we dey yah fe har. Any help she need we deh yah fe help. Whaoiii a whe me duh, Oonu fagive me.

HALLWAYS, My Darling...HALLWAYS!!!! (L):luv:(L):luv:(L):luv:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am just now replying to this but Lita..I wanted to say ME TOO!!!

Just after this summer or so I was driving down a back road to my yard and I turn down the road and this car is coming the opposite direction and I slowed down like "what?? why is he on the wrong side of the road?" wouldnt you know.. I WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE.

crazy

Congrats Mrs. Scott! I can only wish that I can pay $6 to add Ray to my insurance when he comes to the states. I warned him already about not being able to drive crazy like they do in Jamaica. I told him that it's very hard to talk or pay your way out of a ticket in the states. He'll see when he gets here....

My husbnd doesn't drive...thank God!! I wonder how much it'll be to add him to my insurance. he's gonna have to take a drivers training class here first. i think thats the best for him to get used to the roads.

just thought about this....do you know that sometimes i forget what side of the street to drive on?! :blink: its cause i have the image of Jamaican roads in my head sometimes so I have a quick lapse of memory and confusion when driving and at times I don't know what side of the street I should be on...i know crazy.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

MARCH INTERVIEW DATES

Gill and Ken--------3/11/08-------0800

Jason and Marla----3/11/08--0830

Nbesaw---3/11/08----0845

Dimples--3/18/08-----what time?

Three people from VJ with the same interview date and around the same time. 2-K1 and 1-CR-1/IR-1.

Good luck you all. I hope you all have successful interviews.

Are there anyone else who have an interview date scheduled?

Timeline
MARCH INTERVIEW DATES

Nbesaw---3/11/08----0845

Three people from VJ with the same interview date and around the same time. 2-K1 and 1-CR-1/IR-1.

This is interesting. i thought that the JA Embassy always did immigrant visas and non-immigrant visa interviews on opposite days....like tues/thurs=immigrant and mon/wed=non-immigrant. if thats changed then great! Cause it means that each visa has gained an extra 2 days a week for a possible interview.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
MARCH INTERVIEW DATES

Gill and Ken--------3/11/08-------0800--K-1

Jason and Marla----3/11/08--0830--K-3

Nbesaw---3/11/08----0845--K-1

Dimples--3/18/08-----what time?--CR-1/IR-1

Three people from VJ with the same interview date and around the same time. 2 K-1, 1-CR-1/IR-1 and 1 K3

Edited by clairern

Timeline

is this certificate for KEN or for his child?

marsh has a "baby" that isnt really his but his name is on the certificate. we have no plans to bring her here, will we still need to do anything with her birthcertificate??

Along those lines this baby momma is pregnant again and texted me and said the baby is his. He has practically no contact with this woman. I dont think he is cheating on me. but here is the question. How did this woman get my number? and she "marsh has a new baby on the way he will never love you how he loves me"

now, let it be known she is very loose. I do not think he has cheated on me. BUT..how did she get my number?? AND she made reference to something personal he and I did..how could she possibly know that?

Guys, I dont know what to do!

:ot:BAD NEWS :help:

I just spoke with Ken and he told me that KJ's mother lost the receipt to go pick up his Birth Certificate!!! :o:o:angry:

It took us TWO dyam months to get that frigging birth certificate!!! The worst part is the bloody certificate won't even be valid in the eyes of th US gov't because it was issued too late AFTER the birth of the child! However, the 202# advised me NOT to go without it! Both visas could be denied...K1 & K2!

Are any of you that filed a K-1 familiar with how to reschedule an interview appointment? :crying::crying: I know I probably won't get anything else in March...but hopefully April!

I am so LIVID right now I just can't speak! The Jamaican system is so F-ed up...only the mother can pick up the birth certificate! Although Ken is the one that filed all the papers and paid all the fees to get it!

Mi seh deh bloodcl**t ooman is suh dyam careless!! She lose hevery claating ting!.

SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPS *lang dutty disgusted kissteet*

Thanks for whatever info you can give.

Oh Gill, I am so sorry to hear. :crying::crying: I hope everything works out for you guys. The devil is rampant in these parts :devil::devil: Do not let him dissuade you. God is on your side and remember your VJ yardie family is always here to support you :thumbs::thumbs:

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline
MARCH INTERVIEW DATES

Nbesaw---3/11/08----0845

This is interesting. i thought that the JA Embassy always did immigrant visas and non-immigrant visa interviews on opposite days....like tues/thurs=immigrant and mon/wed=non-immigrant. if thats changed then great! Cause it means that each visa has gained an extra 2 days a week for a possible interview.

Marlita;

Remember that NVC now schedules immigrant interviews, so they do not follow the Tues/Thurs or Mon/Wed ####### that Kingston was doing. They schedule as they see fit, it seems like.

Timeline

marsh has a "baby" that isnt really his but his name is on the certificate. we have no plans to bring her here, will we still need to do anything with her birthcertificate??

Along those lines this baby momma is pregnant again and texted me and said the baby is his. He has practically no contact with this woman. I dont think he is cheating on me. but here is the question. How did this woman get my number? and she "marsh has a new baby on the way he will never love you how he loves me"

now, let it be known she is very loose. I do not think he has cheated on me. BUT..how did she get my number?? AND she made reference to something personal he and I did..how could she possibly know that?

The best person to ask those questions of is your husband. He is the only one who can answer these questions. Do not be accusatory, just ask him how she knows about that very personal thing you both did. Let him explain it to you. Just my $0.2

I just spoke with Ken and he told me that KJ's mother lost the receipt to go pick up his Birth Certificate!!! :o:o:angry:

It took us TWO dyam months to get that frigging birth certificate!!! The worst part is the bloody certificate won't even be valid in the eyes of th US gov't because it was issued too late AFTER the birth of the child! However, the 202# advised me NOT to go without it! Both visas could be denied...K1 & K2!

Are any of you that filed a K-1 familiar with how to reschedule an interview appointment? :crying::crying: I know I probably won't get anything else in March...but hopefully April!

I am so LIVID right now I just can't speak! The Jamaican system is so F-ed up...only the mother can pick up the birth certificate! Although Ken is the one that filed all the papers and paid all the fees to get it!

Mi seh deh bloodcl**t ooman is suh dyam careless!! She lose hevery claating ting!.

Oh Gill, I am so sorry to hear. :crying::crying: I hope everything works out for you guys. The devil is rampant in these parts :devil::devil: Do not let him dissuade you. God is on your side and remember your VJ yardie family is always here to support you :thumbs::thumbs:

Shrewdgal

The best person to ask those questions of is your husband. He is the only one who can answer these questions. Do not be accusatory, just ask him how she knows about that very personal thing you both did. Let him explain it to you. Just my $0.2 Good luck and all the best.

Edited by clairern

Timeline

The best person to ask those questions of is your husband. He is the only one who can answer these questions. Do not be accusatory, just ask him how she knows about that very personal thing you both did. Let him explain it to you. Just my $0.2

Shrewdgal

The best person to ask those questions of is your husband. He is the only one who can answer these questions. Do not be accusatory, just ask him how she knows about that very personal thing you both did. Let him explain it to you. Just my $0.2 Good luck and all the best.

Oh, I totally agree. I plan on doing just that. At the moment I cannot reach him. This happened at about 4 pm today and his phone goes straight to voicemail. If he is out running taxi he doesnt have a charger.

I made a commitment to him and to GOd that this is thruough thick and thin. Because of my beliefs I will not break a marriage unless there is infidelity. I have prayed and prayed and I feel the spirit say to me "you must choose to trust your husband while you are apart. you must" but at the same time I dont want to be missing something if it is there to see. This is so frustrating.

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

I want to ask a quick question.

Why is it so difficult to get a visa interview in Kingston? How many visa interviews are going on monthly? I have been in the Phillipines thread and they give out interviews a whole lot faster and more frequently than JA. The Phillipines is way bigger that Ja and is a high fraud country too. They even have an appointment website where you can look up your interview and medical appointment. Why does Ja have to make it so difficult? :angry::angry: What is so special about them? :protest::protest::protest:

I see people here who have had their case completed 2 months ago and still have not gotten an interview date. Are they purposefully trying to torture people and keep loved ones apart? (sighs and exhales):diablo::diablo: I am so disgusted. protest: :protest: :protest

I fell off the podium. I am getting up and brushing myself off :lol::lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First and foremost - mi ah put it out deh...mi is asways one ah di duppy dem...unnu nuh hav nuh love fi mi :cry::cry: mi ongle come out at night :lol: (like the freaks...)

Claire you're correct. When NVC scheduled my interview (God answered my prayer because it was on a Friday), nyseness sound the alarm and point out seh interviews were usually only tues/thurs. When I called NVC, dem put mi inna mi place an' seh ah dem schedule di interview so mi nuh fi follow wah embassy have pon dem website.

Gill - mi dear, mi sarry fi si wah di crosses ooman ah put yuh tru...nuttin caan 'top yuh blessings, suh mek she gwaani gwaani, she caan 'top dis. what is fi yuh, caan be un-fi yuh! Mi neva know seh fadda caan pick up birth certificate; ah mussi one new rule or something because my fadda always go pick up mi BC dem. Right before Aaron and I got married, he got ah bag a copy ah mi BC fi mi - mi nuh knoa if ah because mi madda did live yah and him was mi primary caregiver.

Kimmy - hush yah mi dear; before yuh know it, it ova...mi sistah ah have a warm time wid fi har pregnancy too. sometime she caan keep nuttin down and she ah 8 months. Nuh mind, it soon done.

Shrewdie - you are going to have to talk to your husband about this one. As claire said, don't go in an accusing manner, but you definitely need to address this, because it is truly troubling. She is trying to make trouble, but your instincts are telling you something...

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Shrewdgal

Oh, I totally agree. I plan on doing just that. At the moment I cannot reach him. This happened at about 4 pm today and his phone goes straight to voicemail. If he is out running taxi he doesnt have a charger.

I made a commitment to him and to GOd that this is thruough thick and thin. Because of my beliefs I will not break a marriage unless there is infidelity. I have prayed and prayed and I feel the spirit say to me "you must choose to trust your husband while you are apart. you must" but at the same time I dont want to be missing something if it is there to see. This is so frustrating.

Take your time and think about what you want to say to him. Do not rush to judgement. You can even write down what you want to say. Please, please do not call him when you are angry. This will make things seem worse and you both will start fighting. Remember "a soft answer turneth away wrath." Pray about it and let God be your guide. The devil is rampant in these parts and will try to destroy families. That is his goal :devil::devil: Remember what God has joined together let no man nor the devil tear apart.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope everthing works out for the best. :thumbs::thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.